Clerks II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlipknoT
Kevin Smith is making a sequel to "Clerks." Everyone from the first is taking the same parts they had. It's about the general store 10 years later. It's set to start filming in January. I'm happy about this. I just saw Clerks 3 weeks ago for the first time and I liked it. I love the title " The Passion of the Clerks."

ragesRemorse
I have been a fan of Smith since Clerks, i loved his style and witty writing. Always thought he was a gifted Director and writer. I dont feel this way anymore. Maybe he can convince me otherwise with some more orginal writing and stylized movies, but it doesnt seem this is going to happen. with Clerks having a sequal i have lost nearly all fan love for this cat. He said that jay and silent Bob strike back was to mark the end of the Jersey trilogy movies and characters. It seems now he is just milking his fans to get some more recognition due to his failure of jersey girl, and his dwindeling fan base due to his announcment of upcomming films. I think a sequal to clerks is low, and says that he no longer has idea's. Hopefully i will be proven wrong, but i doubt it.

SlipknoT
I'll still see it.

greyboy
kevin smith has some chutzpah if ive ever seen it, but my hats off to him at the moment. just hope its not too irreverant.

Samurai Guy
Is this is animated one? I heard rumours about the Clerks Animated Movie.

I loved the short-lived ABC animated show.

Wolfie
I heard before about an animated Clerks movie. There was a preview on viewaskew.com (might still be there) of it. Jay is Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader says he's his father and pulls off his mask to reveal he's Silent Bob. Then at RST, Randal asks "If a man offers you the flying car but there's a catch, would you take it." Dante refuses because he won't tell you what the catch is. "But it's the flying car!! Who cares what the catch is!!"

Seems to me that The Passion of the Clerks (I was cracking up at this title) is going to be live action. It took me by surprise because Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back was supposed to be Clerks 2 but they changed the name because it wound up being more about Jay & Bob than anyone.

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back was a good way to wrap up the Jersey Trilogy. I think if Kevin Smith wanted to make The Passion of the Clerks, he should've done that before J&SBSB. I'll still see it and knowing Smith's work, I'll more than likely enjoy it.

Wolfie
I liked Jersey Girl erm

<<Solo>>
It's too bad the sequel isn't going to be called,"The Passion Of The Clerks". It's either you made that one up or someone lied and told you that. And no one knows the premise for the sequel nothing has been announced.

Wolfie
Check on the Killer Movies homepage, an article's there.

Darth Vicious
I for one will be looking forward this movie and im not too worried about Jay and Bob, hopefully like in Clerks their roles will be kept to a minimal also with this movie will see what all our favorite characters have been up to.

SlipknoT
no expression ...you're joking right? Theres an Article on this very site about it.

BackFire
I think this is a great idea. He needs to get back to his roots. I have faith that he won't botch this up, he's proven numerous times that he is a very gifted writer/director, I am very excited about this news.

ragesRemorse
Yeah he is a great writer and a good director,but i think he eneds to try somthing new. Jersey girl was a bit of Smith pulling away from his old formula, but it just diddnt seem very confident.I cant really say anything about this movie,because i still have no idea of what it is about, but if it is just an elaboration on the original then i will have lost confidence in SMith It's just,going back to this story seems as if Smith is scared to break away from what works and try new things.

BackFire
Well, he's going to be trying other new things in teh future. He's slated for the Green Hornet and Fletch Won, both of those should be interesting, seeing how different they are from his usual work.

He's still young, he's still blossuming as a director and is at the beginning of his career. He's going to have some bombs, everyone does. But, I think he'll also have numerous other hits.

SlipknoT
I would think you love the name BF

BackFire
I doubt that will stay as the name, but it's funny, I guess. Although I am getting kinda sick of other sources using "The Passion" title.

ragesRemorse
you got a ggood point.
I mean i got faith in smith, producing some originaly entertaining movies with a new stlye, in the future. When i first heard about green hornet i was instantly exicited. It just seems that going bak to somthing that he said was over for him seem's eigther cheap or an act of indecesion. Again i dont know anything about the new clerks so i cant really say anyhting, except speculate on how it looks.

BackFire
Well, he's probably just giving the people what they want. Most people were very sad to hear that there would be no more Jay and Silent Bob. I think a Clerks sequel as a true finale to those two loveable characters is a great way to go, if done correctly.

Mr Zero

SlipknoT
Is anyone here getting the "Clerks" special edition DVD?

Wolfie
Though this could be a great way to go, I think Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back was the best way to go. It tied together all the four movies and was about the two characters you see in each of them.

But hey, I'm not against the continuing of the Jersey Trilogy movies!

KidRock
this CANT be the last Jay and Silent bob movie sad that would suck if it is..

periera
Smith himself said on his BB that "Jersey Girl" wasn't a failure. It's weekend opening grossed more than the opening weekends of any of his other films. (About 7.5 mil, if I remember correctly. The average amount of money his films had grossed before then in the opening weekend was about 3-3.5 mil. This was in his own words, mind you.) I don't think a sequel to Clerks is low, and I'm about as big a Smith fan as anyone can get. We've been strung along about an animated sequel for about 3 years now, and I think to see him go back to his "roots" with all the things he's had to have learned from experience and a bigger budget will prove to be both quite interesting and something to look forward to.

And milking his fans was making "An Evening With Kevin Smith" and marketing the Jersey Trilogy Box Set Box. The man has no shame, and he's not afraid to admit it.

Wolfie
A Clerks cartoon movie is still going to be made but the sequel is on top of Kevin Smith's to do list.

http://www.viewaskew.com/news/aug04/3.html
http://viewaskew.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?t=14125

periera
Anyone else besides me get the Clerks X dvd yet?

<<Solo>>
I guarantee Smith isn't idiotic enough to stick with the title,"Passion Of The Clerks". It's been done a million times.

Wolfie
Well, do you know the meaning of the title? As Kevin Smith was making the Clerks X DVD, he regained his passion for Clerks, the passion of the Clerks. stick out tongue

Darth Vicious
WHere u got that from?

Wolfie
Kevin Smith said that on the View Askew messageboard on viewaskew.com.

MC Mike
Kevin Smith's sequel.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424345/

rolandbishop
Kevin Smith is a genious. My dad's friend knows Jay and Silent Bob. (Kevin Smith) Hopefully, pretty soon, I'll get to meet them. Clerks was the best movie ever.

JKozzy
http://viewaskew.com/clerkstest/sellout.mov

big grin Still there!

Wolfie
The Clerks X DVD has that flying car part in live action. They're stuck in a traffic jam and they're having pretty much the same conversation but more vulgar. smile

There's also a cartoon of the scene when Randal knocks the casket over. They originally didn't have the money for the scene so now they just made a cartoon. It's funny.

SlipknoT
Yea I got that like 3 months ago

tpaquin
This needs to be bumped for this:

http://www.clerks2.com/images/clerks2crewva.jpg

Nevermind
I think the title The Passion of the Clerks is here to stay

http://imdb.com/title/tt0424345/

Although a lot could change from now to then. So that isn't saying much.

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I have been a fan of Smith since Clerks, i loved his style and witty writing. Always thought he was a gifted Director and writer. I think a sequal to clerks is low, and says that he no longer has idea's.

I agree with you on these parts. Although I don't think making a sequel is low but as soon as a writer starts producing sequels it sort of shows that a writer is losing his idea's, or it could be good and enhance the whole experience.

I don't see why everyone is making a fuss about Jay and Silent Bob in this movie, they weren't that great in clerks apart from having a very funny scene in the beginning, and placing more focus on those two in the sequel doesn't sound like a good idea, since the first one worked so well without too much of them in it. I'm going to see the sequel regardless.

Wolfie
No more Quick Stop or RST Video? sad

tpaquin
Apparently, RST and Quick Stop are still in there, however it does not focus on that place for the entire film, obviously.

Doesn't Brian O'Halloran kinda creep anyone out in that picture, or is it just me?

jigga81
the clerks is a great film i have it in my collection and i hate the fact they are making a new copy they should leave it as it is but I'm a bigger fan of mallrats myself

Wolfie
Originally posted by tpaquin
Apparently, RST and Quick Stop are still in there, however it does not focus on that place for the entire film, obviously.

Doesn't Brian O'Halloran kinda creep anyone out in that picture, or is it just me?
It's kinda hard to get used to Dante in color. stick out tongue It took me a while in J&SBSB.

When this was first announced, I was hoping Clerks 2 would have nothing to do with the other four movies. Now, with Mooby's, we see that isn't happening.

That worried me at first. Then I thought of some possible scenarios. We all know Randal sucks at his job. Maybe the boss came in while Randal was ripping at a customer and gets fired. Then, as Randal does, he drags Dante down with him. So they have to seek other employment... the fast food industry. Just one of the many random ideas that come into my head.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Wolfie
It's kinda hard to get used to Dante in color. stick out tongue It took me a while in J&SBSB.

Yeah same, when I saw that picture and mallrats.

Wolfie
laughing out loud On the commentary for Mallrats (the original at least, I'm not sure about the SE), in Jay & Silent Bob's first scene, Kevin Smith goes, "For the first time in color... Jay and Silent Bob!"

Nevermind
According to Smith it isn't going to be called The passion of the clerks, It's just called Clerks 2 so far.

http://viewaskew.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?p=1273146#1273146

This link is basically to other members comments on other things but I was able to pick that up. just search for 'Passion' with your finder thing (Ctrl + F, whatever that thing is called) and it's the first one.

Wolfie
That's a good thing. That whole "Passion of the Clerks" thing got old.

Solo
Originally posted by Solo
I guarantee Smith isn't idiotic enough to stick with the title,"Passion Of The Clerks". It's been done a million times.

Hey, hey, look who was right all along.

Mando
Hey, hey, look who was right all along.

santa Merry Christmas.

Wolfie
The teaser is up now on www.clerks2.com

It's so great!

Solo
I'm guessing the scene with everyone in the club is Randle showing Dante the nudie booth.

Looks fantastic, especially the J&SB scenes.

Nevermind
Looks very good, but not as good as the first I might add. Seems like the story is about the Quickstop being turned into a Mooby's or something. Hold on to your seats because I predict that J&SB will be the next big N00b thing for those new to anything Kevin Smith in '06.

Solo
Originally posted by Nevermind
Looks very good, but not as good as the first I might add.

We won't know until it comes out.

River Wild
That sounds interesting, i think its gonna be good!

Wolfie
I don't expect it to be better than the first Clerks. Kevin Smith says it's his best movie to date (used to be Chasing Amy) so we'll have to see. I loved Jay's dance intro.

Nevermind
We won't know until it comes out.

True, but I was making reference to what footage we have access to now.

LanceWindu
Just so everyone knows...head to www.Clerks2.com for the internet-exclusive trailer. It's awesome.

Arachnoidfreak
I'd like to know why everyone is saying he should get back to his roots, assuming you mean Clerks and Mallrats type comedies...

Before Kevin Smith even picked up a camera, he wrote comic books. If anything, that's his writing roots. Damn good ones too, and he's slated to do more but he just stopped writing them.

His movies are great...but I want to see some more ****ing comic books from this guy.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Woah! I'm surprised...it actually looks good! Good stuff!

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
I'd like to know why everyone is saying he should get back to his roots, assuming you mean Clerks and Mallrats type comedies...

Before Kevin Smith even picked up a camera, he wrote comic books. If anything, that's his writing roots. Damn good ones too, and he's slated to do more but he just stopped writing them.

His movies are great...but I want to see some more ****ing comic books from this guy.

He wrote amatuer comic books, they were not published until he was a famous director.

I thought he was still doing some Blackcat stuff.

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Woah! I'm surprised...it actually looks good! Good stuff!

Damn straight. droolio

Arachnoidfreak
He's really late on all of his work for Marvel, and he just stopped writing a few books. Like a 4 issue Daredevil story. He stopped at issue 2. wtf is that....

If he were anyone else, he'd have been fired already.

BlackSunshine
I love all of Kevin Smiths' movies. Clerks is one of my faves next to Mallrats. I cant wait to see Passion of the Clerks!! big grin big grin

Evil Dead
I'm not expecting much from it........will probably be as bad as J&SBSB. Don't look for it to even touch Clerks, Amy or Dogma.

I find it funny how Smith originally was all, "no cameos...no famous people!"........then we see Jason Lee on the trailer in a cameo and Affleck is credited as BartleBe, reprising his role from Dogma as a cameo........

Wolfie
I found that funny too. But I understand why he put them in because they are good friends and all. Wanda Sykes is another story.

I'm expecting greatness from this. I've read a lot about this and I'm expecting Clerks with a point.

LanceWindu
This thread title needs to be changed.

The official title of Clerks 2 is now:

Clerks II: Counter Terrorism

Also the release date has been bumped up from August 18th to July 21st. w00t

Impediment
I'm just glad that Smith ditched the whole "Passion of the Clerks" shit. I'm betting my next months paycheck that this sequel will be more like the animated Clerks series than the original Clerks movie. Hide and watch.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Impediment
I'm just glad that Smith ditched the whole "Passion of the Clerks" shit. I'm betting my next months paycheck that this sequel will be more like the animated Clerks series than the original Clerks movie. Hide and watch.

Very doubtful. I go to the View Askew message boards where Smith had the top posters out and they viewed the movie. They say it is more vulgar than the other movies put together and it might get an NC-17 or Unrated.

The cartoon was childs play.

Oh, and the title was thought up a fan, they held a contest.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, shit! I just got the title. That's a good one. The trailer is smokin'.

Wolfie
Last I heard, Kevin Smith decided against a subtitle because he didn't like any of the fans' ideas.

I'm excited about the bump though.

LanceWindu
Last I heard, Kevin Smith decided against a subtitle because he didn't like any of the fans' ideas.

I'm excited about the bump though.

They held an official contest and this was chosen, he also posted the runners up as well.

Nevermind
Some nice new info here. I'm still heavily anticipating it.

Impediment
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Very doubtful. I go to the View Askew message boards where Smith had the top posters out and they viewed the movie. They say it is more vulgar than the other movies put together and it might get an NC-17 or Unrated.

The cartoon was childs play.

No, no, no. I dont mean vulgarity wise, or content, I meant the crazy, goofy, off-the-wall shit that I saw from the trailer. The cartoon had a style like that, and I think the movie might, as well.

LanceWindu
No, no, no. I dont mean vulgarity wise, or content, I meant the crazy, goofy, off-the-wall shit that I saw from the trailer. The cartoon had a style like that, and I think the movie might, as well.

Jay and Bob had the most, Clerks had some too.

Wolfie
I can see what you mean, Impediment, with the whole Bachelor Party thing. Hopefully the movie isn't overrun with that stuff. Smith wants to make a cartoon movie as well, so I hope he's saving all his goofy stuff for that.

gregmss
I have such high hope for this i hope they don't fall and make me lose respect Kevin Smith, I mean he is kind of selling out now.

LanceWindu
The film debuted the other night at Cannes Film Festival, after the movie ended it received an 8 minute long standing ovation.

It's now rated R without any of the film cut out that Smith wants in.

Wolfie
Wow, that's great news!

Nevermind
The film debuted the other night at Cannes Film Festival, after the movie ended it received an 8 minute long standing ovation.

It's now rated R without any of the film cut out that Smith wants in.

Wow that's awesome!

LanceWindu
Wow, that's great news! Originally posted by Nevermind
Wow that's awesome!

Video of the standing ovation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_PZNBjB0_A

gregmss
I'm the happiest View Askewer alive, I havent been this happy since i heard about Serenity

LanceWindu
Originally posted by gregmss
I'm the happiest View Askewer alive, I havent been this happy since i heard about Serenity

Long live the Askewniverse!

Ya Krunk'd Floo

That's the stuff I love. One of my all-time favorite Kevin Smith moments is when Jay speaks a load of shit to the guy selling crack, who then just looks at him and says: "I don't know what the f*ck you just said to me, man...But you're special and I love you..."

More moments like that please.

As for 'The Big O', that's a great precursor to the movie, but why f*ck would anyone want to stand and clap for 8 minutes? It's just a movie.

LanceWindu
That's the stuff I love. One of my all-time favorite Kevin Smith moments is when Jay speaks a load of shit to the guy selling crack, who then just looks at him and says: "I don't know what the f*ck you just said to me, man...But you're special and I love you..."

More moments like that please.

As for 'The Big O', that's a great precursor to the movie, but why f*ck would anyone want to stand and clap for 8 minutes? It's just a movie.

I loved Jay's speech about the genetically enhnced monkies. "In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey, the money will spank us."

It's people from the industry, they like to give each other blow jobs over their work.

Black&&White
I'm simply looking forward to Silent Bob.

Wolfie
Some posters, guys!

http://www.clerks2.com/myspace/jayandbobclerks2.jpg

http://www.clerks2.com/myspace/dreclerks2.jpg

http://www.clerks2.com/myspace/becksclerks2.jpg

gregmss
they still don't like us

Nevermind
Some posters, guys!

OMFG! They're soooo cool! I love 'em! Thank you! hug

Darth Vicious
I cant wait for this movi. I just saw An Evening with Kevin Smith for the first time last week and I thought it was great, then I saw Mallrats completely( Ive always seen bits and pieces) and I liked it too. Hopefully it will be great.

Morning_Glory
dont know if this has already been talked about but why isnt this new movie in Black and White?

Nevermind
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
dont know if this has already been talked about but why isnt this new movie in Black and White?

Nope, it's in color.

Morning_Glory
Nope, it's in color.

i wasnt asking if it was in black and white ... i was asking why it wasnt in black and white

Nevermind
i wasnt asking if it was in black and white ... i was asking why it wasnt in black and white

Woah, sorry I totally misread that. messed

I don't really know. Isn't color meant to be cheaper than filming in black & white? erm

Solo
Isn't color meant to be cheaper than filming in black & white? erm
No, the only reason Clerks wasn't in color was because Kevin Smith didn't have enough money.

Wolfie
And with the Mooby's setting, making it B&W would be a shame, Mooby's being so colorful and all.

I'm glad the beginning is in B&W though.

Nevermind
And with the Mooby's setting, making it B&W would be a shame, Mooby's being so colorful and all.

I'm glad the beginning is in B&W though.

Ditto.

Morning_Glory
ok thanks happy

Morning_Glory
also, is it me or aren't the 2 main characters (Dante and ugh can't remember the video store's guys name messed ) anyways... havent they gotten a little "fat"... they both look like they are 6 months along plus some

LanceWindu
also, is it me or aren't the 2 main characters (Dante and ugh can't remember the video store's guys name messed ) anyways... havent they gotten a little "fat"... they both look like they are 6 months along plus some

Well, they are "midlife".

Darth Vicious
Im so looking forward to this movie. I dont expect it to shatter box office records but im sure it will be another Kevin Smith classic. Jay looks very different in this movie.

barryelwonger

LanceWindu

Wolfie
Yeah, everyone that says the cost of color isn't that big wouldn't work on a movie for less than $3 million. Clerks was extremely low budget, picking right out of Kevin Smith's college fund.

Solo
I can't wait.

Grimm22
Probobly going to go see it this weekend

The only Kevin Smith movie I dont like would be Jersy Girl erm

Wolfie
Any View Askew nut may be jealous to hear that I went to the LA Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash today. They sell a bunch of comic/View Askew stuff. But they also have a bunch of stuff on display.

- Bluntman and Chronic costumes
- the double bongsaber
- Cock Knocker's severed hand holding his jointsaber
- the armor with the severed wings
- the full wings
- Jay's costume from Dogma (if I remember correctly)
- Silent Bob's Mallrats costume
- the Mooby's computer from J&SBSB
- the costume from Daredevil

There was a glass case with a bunch of little stuff too, like Mooby's food wrappers, the razor from Jersey Girl, Silent Bob's utility belt, and a lot more.

To top off my trip, Brian Johnson (Steve-Dave) was working when we got there.

Nevermind
Any View Askew nut may be jealous to hear that I went to the LA Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash today. They sell a bunch of comic/View Askew stuff. But they also have a bunch of stuff on display.

- the double bongsaber
- the full wings

There was a glass case with a bunch of little stuff too, like Mooby's food wrappers, the razor from Jersey Girl, Silent Bob's utility belt, and a lot more.

Awwww! That's heaps mad!

LanceWindu

- the double bongsaber
- the full wings

Lucky. sad

I'll probably never be able to make it to the Redbank store, so I have a chance to hit up the one in Cali though.

~Da Rev~
This movie is going to be great for reasons listed below:

1. Interspecies Erotica (beastiality)
2. New sexual terms (Much like "snowballing" which i learned in Clerks)
3. one man, Kevin Smith. Always owns.
4. Jason Mews as Jay
5. Silent Bob.

ect..

Solo
I loved it. Not as good as Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Mallrats, or Dogma. But, oh well.

It was great.

Wolfie
I loved it as well. I'm not sure where I rank it with the other five movies, but I know it's somewhere up there.

maddani
clerks 2 was great it was sweet and raunchy!

Arachnoidfreak
This movie rocked ass. Um...excuse the pun.

JKozzy
Just got back from seeing the movie and man, was I impressed. A very different movie from Clerks in some respects, however it was equally as dirty and funny. Was anything after the credits? I saw people staying for them but we had to drive someone with a curfue home. If there is, and if you want to post it, please put it in spoiler tags as I definately intend to see this movie again anyway.

Wolfie
Yeah, they gave a special thanks to everyone that added "Mooby's Presents Clerks II" to their friends list on MySpace.

Solo
They added that to the film? I thought it was for the DVD.

Wolfie
I thought so too. They must have only included friends up to a point, because theaters get the film a week in advance, right? Not to mention that it's been shown at film festivals and such already.

I bet they were saying the complete list will be on the DVD, because anyone would be eligible until 11:59pm on July 20th.

JKozzy
Hm, so that was it, no more footage? Or was it Kevin Smith onscreen thanking? I tried to friend, looks like they haven't updated in awhile, so I hope I get on there... wish I knew about that before. Bah!

Looks like I'm seeing this again Monday or Tuesday, score.

Porch monkey 4 ever!

Wolfie
Nope. No more footage. They just do that CGI Jay and Silent Bob View Askew logo deal.
Originally posted by JKozzy
Porch monkey 4 ever!
laughing Everyone in the theater laughed everytime that went into focus.

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
This movie rocked ass. Um...excuse the pun. YOU DONT GO ASS TO MOUTH mad

LanceWindu
Originally posted by JKozzy
Hm, so that was it, no more footage? Or was it Kevin Smith onscreen thanking? I tried to friend, looks like they haven't updated in awhile, so I hope I get on there... wish I knew about that before. Bah!

Looks like I'm seeing this again Monday or Tuesday, score.

Porch monkey 4 ever!

Only friends up until the 21st...they aren't adding any more.

Anyways, finally got to see it today, which I coulda gone opening day though.

Great ****ing movie. I think this is ranked 1 or 2 on my list of Kevin Smith movies.

JKozzy
Yeah, though they haven't been online since a few days before then so maybe they'll get on and cut it off then, it doesn't say when you requested the friending, at least on the site. Just hoping they'll overlook that, is all I meant.

Saw the movie again today, saw some stuff I missed the first time around, and it's still such a funny movie. I may end up going with another different group of people next week. Kevin Smith really deserves my money for this one. stick out tongue

Darth Vicious
I just finished watching it and I loved this movie. I think Kevin Smith did it again. I rank this one up there with Chasing Amy and Clerks. For some reason this movie moved me, I didnt cry or shed any tears but I felt good for those guys by the end of the movie. Ill be watching it again Porch Monkeys. Frankly I didnt even knew they used porch monkeys as a derogatory way. No I wasnt born and raised in the U.S. First time I hear that but it was funny as hell.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
For some reason this movie moved me, I didnt cry or shed any tears but I felt good for those guys by the end of the movie.
I think it's because the first one just suddenly ended. It was something of an upbeat down ending. We had some idea of what was ahead of them in the future. We weren't sure if Veronica was going to take Dante back. But Dante took a look at his life and realized he needed to do something about it. But, the indecisive person he is, we don't have much faith that he's gonna accomplish anything.

Clerks II ended in such a feel-good way. We know what's in the future for them. With these movies, it's all about what's their future like. Dante and Randal have a plan. They buy the Quick Stop and RST, Dante proposes to Becky, and everyone lives happily ever after.

Darth Vicious
I find funny that in the video store, 10 years later and the times we live in they were still renting VHS tapes and in the black cases, ooooooooollllllllllllllddd school.

Wolfie
Mom and pop stores still do have many VHS tapes. There is one down the street from where I live that's still about 80% VHS. The new release wall takes two walls have both formats. The DVD section is just one wall. (The fourth wall is the entrance/exit)

It's the Blockbusters, Hollywood Videos, and Movie Galleries that are fading out the VHS to make room for DVDs. These stores stay around because of those that refuse to give into the new technology.

BackFire
Was really impressed with this movie, much much better than I thought it would be. Smith was totally on form, apt, razor sharp satire and dialogue, as per usual. Plus Rosario Dawson dancing around was so hot.

Darth Vicious
She was hot dancing plus she was adorable in the whole movie plus she is very pretty.

Solo
I found Rosario Dawson to be the worst thing about Clerks II.

Darth Vicious
I found Rosario Dawson to be the worst thing about Clerks II.

Elaborate!

KidRock
I LOVED clerks 1 but when I heard Rosario Dawson was in clerks 2 I thought it was gonna be shit. I havent seen the second one but I am PRAYING that Smith didnt kill this cult classic.

Wolfie
I was watching the Clerks cartoon show last night. Remember at the end of the second episode, Jay is older and typing his life story. He says what happened to all the characters. He says that Randal owns the video store now.

I think that's funny considering the ending of Clerks II.

Darth Vicious
I was watching the Clerks cartoon show last night. Remember at the end of the second episode, Jay is older and typing his life story. He says what happened to all the characters. He says that Randal owns the video store now.

I think that's funny considering the ending of Clerks II.

Well KS probably remember that and maybe thats why the movie ended how it did.

Wolfie
I just thought it was funny 'cause it started off as a joke at the end of a cartoon.

Grimm22
I saw it yesterday and loved it.

I didnt even know that "porch monkey" was a slur of anysort before this movie. However, now Kevin Smith has taken it back stick out tongue

I loved how when Dante told Randall that Becky was pregnent, he just spurts the entire deck of cards at some guy laughing

Darth Vicious
The only thing I was looking for but it didnt happen was that Silent Bob had nothing to say about the whole thing like in Chasing Amy and Dogma. but it didnt take away from the movie.

Wolfie
Well, that was him making fun of the other movies. Silent Bob always has something to say (except Dogma, he just talked when he needed to). It was a great moment in the first Clerks. Now, after five movies, fans expect Silent Bob to speak. Kevin Smith saw that so he added that line, which was genius. "Shit, I got nothing."

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I find funny that in the video store, 10 years later and the times we live in they were still renting VHS tapes and in the black cases, ooooooooollllllllllllllddd school.

lol

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I wanna see this movie. Like, with my eyes.

SpaceMonkey
GREAT movie!!! I think Smith is one of the best moviemakers out there.

tabby999
I'm spewwing, i got a ticket to the Melbourne advance screening with a Q&A with Kevin Smith at the end of it, its this friday, but i got a new job and have to work over when i was going to see it...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Just about one of the greatest movies I have ever seen.

'Pillow Pants'.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by tabby999
I'm spewwing, i got a ticket to the Melbourne advance screening with a Q&A with Kevin Smith at the end of it, its this friday, but i got a new job and have to work over when i was going to see it...

Quit the job, you can always find another one.

Kram3r
Clerks 2 has yet to be released in Australia (comes out this Thursday) however, I was able to see it with probably the best screening possible. I went to the Australian premier that followed with ba Q & A with the man himself Kevin Smith.

I thought that the movies was absolutely awesome. KS had some shit down to the letter (e.g. Randall talking about LOTR) and I thought the drama in the movie was very believable and real.

The Q & A was awesome. KS said some very interesting and funny stuff and I got to take the mic and ask a question which was probably the best thing ever. I was planning to ask a question but before I got to the mic some one had already asked it and so I asked a really general question as to what he had plans to do in the future. However, when I reached the mic I hadn't structured the questioned properly and I ended up saying something a long the lines of "What projects to you have planned for the future, I know you're doing that Ranger Danger thing, but are you going to do anything other kind of stuff?..." to which he retorted "Any kind of stuff? Well when I go to my hotel room I plan to **** my wife" to which I answered "Is that going to be on the DVD?". It was very amusing and funny. Although he did mention that he wants to do a horror movie next, followed by another comedy and then probably Ranger Danger.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Kram3r
However, when I reached the mic I hadn't structured the questioned properly and I ended up saying something a long the lines of "What projects to you have planned for the future, I know you're doing that Ranger Danger thing, but are you going to do anything other kind of stuff?..." to which he retorted "Any kind of stuff? Well when I go to my hotel room I plan to **** my wife" to which I answered "Is that going to be on the DVD?". It was very amusing and funny.

I can only imagine how amusing and funny it was...

*claps slowly*

Kram3r
I can only imagine how amusing and funny it was...

*claps slowly*

I wasn't talking about my incident being amusing and funny, I was talking about the Q & A in general. Secondly, are you having your periods again? Or is your ego so deflated that you're just picking on small bullshit to seem intelligent? Because last time I checked amusing and funny are two different things.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I wasn't talking about my incident being amusing and funny, I was talking about the Q & A in general.

Regardless, I found your part excellent. You card, you...

Secondly, are you having your periods again? Or is your ego so deflated that you're just picking on small bullshit to seem intelligent? Because last time I checked amusing and funny are two different things.

Oh dear, it looks like you are doomed to repeat your past mistakes again, and again, and again. When you say "last time I checked", do you actually mean you didn't check, and that you're just an idiot who doesn't know that the words you used are synonyms?

You are such a lucky boy that I am here to help you.

Kram3r
Regardless, I found your part excellent. You card, you...

Yeah the whole *claps slowly* thing shows. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh dear, it looks like you are doomed to repeat your past mistakes again, and again, and again. When you say "last time I checked", do you actually mean you didn't check, and that you're just an idiot who doesn't know that the words you used are synonyms?

You are such a lucky boy that I am here to help you.

Is this some attempt to make me laugh? Because you can use synonyms in conjunction with one another. In case you didn't know (I'm assuming you don't since you're picking a fight) I used those words to describe what the event was like. Therefore words that overlap in meaning are bound occur occasionally. I wasn't using amusing to describe the hilarity of the event, but to describe how entertaining it was. I left hilarity to the word funny. See what I did? Good. Glad this is cleared up for you.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah the whole *claps slowly* thing shows. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't mock me for being a slow-clapper. It hurts my feelings.

Is this some attempt to make me laugh? Because you can use synonyms in conjunction with one another. In case you didn't know (I'm assuming you don't since you're picking a fight) I used those words to describe what the event was like. Therefore words that overlap in meaning are bound occur occasionally. I wasn't using amusing to describe the hilarity of the event, but to describe how entertaining it was. I left hilarity to the word funny. See what I did? Good. Glad this is cleared up for you.

Oh, it's crystal clear now...You're an idiot, and you're stupid. See what I did? Good. Glad that is cleared up for you.

Kram3r
Don't mock me for being a slow-clapper. It hurts my feelings.

Uh huh.

Oh, it's crystal clear now...You're an idiot, and you're stupid. See what I did? Good. Glad that is cleared up for you.

Oh I see, very well done. However what gives it that classic YKF touch is the whole 'diversion via ignoring' thing. Absolutely classic.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh I see, very well done. However what gives it that classic YKF touch is the whole 'diversion via ignoring' thing. Absolutely classic.

I see a grasp of irony is another thing you have so far failed to acquire...

Good work!

LanceWindu
Anyways...I want to go to a Q&A.

Bardock42
Anyways...I want to go to a Q&A.

You can Q me and I will A you....

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Bardock42
You can Q me and I will A you....

Deal.......

Wait...what? confused