The best car chase ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vvvrulz
Something that featured in all three films frequently, was the high octane car chases. Which do you rate as the best ?

I've listed a few below:

- T-100 in cop car chasing Reese in another car (T1)
- T-100 chasing Reese again in a motorcycle (T1)
- T-1000 chasing John and Arnie in a truck (T2)
- T-1000 running after those who escaped the mental institute (T2)
- T-1000 in chopper versus the good guys in truck (T2)
- The long chase between T-X and Arnold involving a range of vehicles (T3)

Throw in your thoughts, and add to the list where appropriate !

Konjammenson
I have to go with the T1000 in a truck chasing arnold and furlong. It's actually my favorite chase scene of any movie.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah same here, it is also my favorite car chase from the films as well.

Cinemaddiction
Arnie supposedly chasing John in the hallway, with the shotgun/rose arrangement, then actually taking out T-1000.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I remember that part of that scene was in the original trailer of the film and the not knowing of whether Arnold's character was evil or good was something I found to be most interesting.

vvvrulz
That was a really pivotal moment there, pulled off to perfection, especially as each Terminator neared John, and momentarily stood in the hallway surrounding him. Had the audience holding their breath !

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I'll NEVER forget that. happy

Konjammenson
During the teasers and trailers prior to T2's release date, keeping the identity of Arnold being the good guy was a major secret and they went to great lengths to keep it that way. They pulled it off great!

TheFilmProphet
Its one of the things that made the film even greater.

Its a shame films don't use these simple ingredients anymore in their films.

vvvrulz
T3 made it far too obvious who was who IMO. Arnie should have been ruthless with that stripper guy, and what the HELL was with those glasses !!!

TheFilmProphet
T3 could have at least tried a little.

Normally Arnie would have seriously hurt the stripper if not nearly kill him.

The glasses were suppose to make the people laugh, I guess. wink

vvvrulz
Too early for my liking to bring out 'humor'

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I agree, Terminator films are suppose to be a bit more serious with thrilling car chases and pursuits.

vvvrulz
It became standard hollywood. The corny jokes, the action, the chick...

TheFilmProphet
I completely agree

Had they gone the way of T1 and T2 they could have had more impactful and suspenful car chases and all and any other chases in the film.

vvvrulz
The ultimate sin was the silence to me. You DO NOT have a silent car chase, full stop !

Evanescence
the one in terminator 3, i love the cranes!!

TheFilmProphet
Yeah the funny thing about that chase was that Arnie crashed through a few buildings and still had his glasses on.

vvvrulz
Haha yeah, also that guy who had his precious car totalled by the TX.

Konjammenson
What is most sad about this is that they actually DID try. The glasses thing was a running competition throughout the whole production to see who on the crew could come up with the funniest glasses. Mostow knew fully what he was doing with that and really believed it was the best course of action.....tsk tsk

vvvrulz
That joke wasn't a bad one, it was just horribly timed. You DONT have corny jokes to start a movie off.

eggmayo
I love every single Terminator chase... they're all brilliant in their own way.

vvvrulz
Any one in particular though?

eggmayo
I think the one that stands out most has gotta be the truck one in T:2, purely because it was amazing, they drove a truck off a bridge...

stingray005
everyones probably gonna hate me for saying this but the chase in T3 was by far the best in my opinion. Awesome effects etc.

vvvrulz
Well, the chase itself wasn't that bad, I agree, the only thing i couldn't stand about it was that half of it had no background music, nothing !

stingray005
True, but I love how they added some humor into it too, like when the guys car gets totalled. That was hilarious!

vvvrulz
Haha yeah, that was hilarious. I like jokes which can be laughed at, and then quickly forgotten so we can get back to the serious business.

stingray005
2nd best chase would definitely have to be the truck chase in T2. I agree with eggmayo about how they drove the truck off the bridge. That was frickin insane!

vvvrulz
Also when the bridge knocked the top off the truck, that was awesome too.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah that scene rocked rock

vvvrulz
Highlight of the movie for me (well one of em).

eggmayo
I need to rewatch the Terminator movies. Looks like I wont be going school tomorrow.

TheFilmProphet
lol,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.