Green Latern Hal Jorden vs Green Latern Klye Rayner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
GL vs GL. Power ring to Power ring stick out tongue stick out tongue

pr1983
hal, more willpower, more experience, and a functioning tactical brain...

Mainstream
I hate HaL! He always made Basic Sh#t! Klye is cooler and more creative and has shown he is worth of being a Green Latern!

pr1983
hal had f*cked up writers imo...

kyle has the benefit of better writers...

Mainstream
Hal is back and the guy that's writing him is one of my favs Geoffs Johns!

eleveninches
hal has on many occasions been referred to (even by the guardians) as probably the greatest green lantern ever

norrin radd
kyle is cooler in my opinion, but yes hal was probably the most important GL in DC comics, i doubt they made him loose against kyle.

Draco69
To be honest, I never really saw what the big fuss was about Hal Jordan being better Kyle Rayner. Can somebody tell me what Hal's biggest feats were? (Not as Parallax)

ayjay
i always thought that hal was 'stronger' but kyle was 10 times kooler.//(plus..his uniform looks better :P)

Tron
Well, just before Parallax, he did take the entire GLC, all 3600 of them. That alone is a feat. I wish I could remember others, but I know there are plenty though. I gotta look them up.

ayjay
how did he take out da whole GL corp

Tron
He beat them down pretty much. I don't remember if there was more to it than just that though. It was while he was on his way to drain the Oan power.

Mainstream
It seems most of us think Hal is more powerful, but Kyle is cooler.

J_Gatlin
I have read many of your replies and even though Hal was the best Green Latern, the greatest is Kyle. I know many of you will disagree, but even in rebirth they refer to his greatness. Of all of the Green Laterns Kyle is the only one to know fear. This alone sets him apart from the others. It was Hal's greatest weakness and Kyles greatest asset. Kyle has shown that he is worthy of being the greatest time and again even becoming one of the most powerful beings in the universe as Ion. He gave up all of the power to do the right thing and bring back the guardians and the Laterns. Hal reignited the sun because it was the right thing to do, but also out of guilt. Kyle did it because he came to realize it was the right thing to do.

Tron
He also did it cause he didn't want to sacrifice his humanity. He couldn't have anything close to a normal life as Ion.

I think they're both great in their own right. Hal's accomplished much as a trained member of the GLC, and was considered the greatest of all the others of the Corps, possibly ever. Kyle on the other hand, although he didn't get the proper GLC training and regulations and stuff, used his powers my ways that no other GL has tryed, and has taken it to the limit, and then some. Kyle is an underappreciated character, and deserves whatever credit he gets. As far as this fight goes, it's hard to say. I'm personally waiting to see Hal back in action as a GL again to make some kind of conclusion. There's plenty Hal can teach Kyle, and plenty Kyle can teach Hal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.