new vanity fair picture

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

garygnu
if anyone can host, i have a scan from the NY Post of the photoshoot from next month's issue. its a shot of all the castmembers from Eps I - VI together in one shot - email me: [email protected] if you can do this

Wat Tambor
That picture can you see in the finished shots thread

DenKi
page 67

garygnu
my bad - sorry all. mods, please close this.

/damn, i thought i had some new shit for everyone

RealDeadOne
smile Finally, something I can post in a thread here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/forcefed73/SWVanityFULL2.jpg

RealDeadOne
Nevermind... finished shots thread... I know I know... Please delete my post or whatever. sad

Boris
Doesn't look like a finished shot to me...... Cool picture though smile

RealDeadOne
Yeah, good point.

I guess the "Finished Shots Thread" should just be called "Shots Thread".

Boris
I agree

Jedi Priestess
err I think a picture on a magazine cover is probably considered "finished" laughing out loud And it's called EP3 finished shots and other finished shots.

But at least this thread has the actually pic instead of a link. smile
Not to mention, people wanting to go unspoiled as far as pics can do so here.

DARTH DADDY
Is this a creation by someone or is it a pic that everybody got together for, does anyone know? Kinda cool, but wish more of the original cast could have been included.

RealDeadOne
Oops... my bad. embarrasment sad

forumcrew
just think its cool the group its got over on the right side..

Stunrun
oh c'mon! how could somone create that? its pretty BLATENT they all got together for that shot, plus the fact its in vanity magazine, but very very very cool pic nonethelessyes this pic shows the entire legacy of the star wars saga, i love it!

btw - doesnt Jake Lloyd look old LOL!

Three Owls
The digital characters kind of make it a lot less special. It looks like Harrison Ford agrees with me.

tlbauerle
what...no Ray Park? No Warwick?

.:Space Opera:.
jake lloyd looks like a queer now...and .....awww a little pudgey

Boris
Em....yes.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

HOBBE5
FETT WAS IN THE PIC, BUT WAS CUT OUT!!!! They just showed him next to Ian, but I guess he was cut for Grevious.

There was also a badass pic of Ewan and Hayden in jedi garb, practicing the duel.

Also it should be mentioned, that this pic and all pics from Vanity Fair shouldn't be put in the finished shots.

Finished shots should only be that of screenshots from the film (as the title says). Everything else should have there own thread.

Just my opinion.

Jedi Priestess

Jedi Priestess
ALSO THIS:

The cover wasn't shot all at once. The ROTS actors (as well as Wicket and Jango, who must have been removed) were shot in Sydney; Liam, Jake, Ian, and Mark were shot in New York; Harrison, Carrie, and Billy in LA; Grievous, Yoda (well, just his head -- there was a physical headless Yoda body sitting on George's knee) and Jar Jar were shot on Coruscant

too much to read. can someone read it to me please?

Jedi Priestess
Good grief Space! Shame on ya. laughing out loud

youre a teacha right? teeeeaaaaach meeee! TO READ!

i can spell but cant read....ironic huh?

Mempho76
That is a good summary.

My wife was 7 when Jedi came out. Of course she liked the movie for all of the funny characters and such (She called Artoo..Artoo-doo-doo).
She has seen Phantom and Clones w/me in the theater. She understands the foundation of the story-arc but I am afraid she doesn't see past the special effects.
I am going to have her watch the "Making of Ep3" doc (on OT DVD) before we see Sith. But, can anyone suggest some things I have her read to get the jist of what is really going on in Sith and how the previous 2 set the foundation. (Love/trust...yada yada) And how the OT is changed b/c of it??

Any suggestions??

Jedi Priestess
OK Space here's the first word..........LAZY

got it? laughing

yes i know, thats me. im not ashamed of it, untill i was truent in school.

"But, can anyone suggest some things I have her read to get the jist of what is really going on in Sith and how the previous 2 set the foundation. (Love/trust...yada yada) And how the OT is changed b/c of it??

Any suggestions??"

read ALL of the KMC Ep3 forums.

Jedi Priestess
hysterical Just READ IT!!!!!!!!

Mempho76
That's a WHOLE LOT of reading... she won't be up for that.

SHE?????

DarthVader
LOL!

Mempho76
ummm................ I don't get it. confused

Jedi Priestess
Space Opera is a guy.

Mempho76
Ohhh..... cool

Sorry brother. cool

Jedi Priestess
picture in the let it all hang out thread prolly in the 3rd to last page

kremzike
That long read is from SW.com, not from inside the VF magazine.

And this picture doesn't belong in the finished shots thread. That's a thread for pictures from the movie and "other finished shots"... still from the movie! This is neither. It surprises me greatly to see some of the people who are usually the first to jump in and tell somebody what they've posted in the wrong place or wrong way actually saying this picture should be in that thread. It's not a finished shot from the movie, so it shouldn't actually be there. if the thread was for movie shots and publicity shots, or for any official photos at all, then it'd belong there. But from seeing how people get pounced on here (sometimes justified, sometimes not) for posting something where somebody thinks it doesn't belong, i'd more likely expect people to say "This doesn't belong in the finished shots thread! It's not from the movie! Read before you post! use the search button! Blah blah blah." I'm stunned to see people who race to shake a finger at someone for going against what logic would tell them is correct somehow not coming to this logical conclusion. For shame. roll eyes (sarcastic)

cornponious
wtf.

corn

GCG
cry .....but......its the last Star Wars Film Cast Picture....the end of an era.......crybaby

kremzike
Is that wtf for me, corn? if so, let me explain my venting. I get so tired of seeing people here jump on someone or posting something in what they think is the wrong place and such. Happens all the time, sometimes it is justified, but sometimes it's not. This ain't a finished shot, so it shouldn't be in that thread. People view this thread & tell the poster it's already somewhere else, so they apologize & ask for a close. Why? This shouldn't be posted in that thread. They shouldn't be made to feel bad. They were right. If a post should have moderator action taken to it, it'd be a post of this picture in the finished shots thread because it doesn't belong there. Not the other way around. While sometimes people do need to be told that they posted something in the wrong place, I think there's a good number of times when people here need to ease up on others. The endless line pf people yelling at and correcting posters is more annoying than the bad post itself. It's annoyed me for a while and I just decided to vent about it tonight. Now I feel better. Jedi business, go back to your drinks.

Jedi Priestess
I didnt know that was from SW.com...........hmmmmmmm
and I have a drink eek! can I get a refill?

kremzike
Yeah, that's where I read it first anyway.

starwars.com/episode-iii/release/publicity/news20050104.html

Where'd you see it at JP? I'm sure this isn't the actual article since 1. they'd not sell as many copies by giving it away for free online and 2. we don't get ann the info we're told will be in the VF article here.

"picture in the let it all hang out thread prolly in the 3rd to last page"

...yeeeeah, im not the cute little curly -haired girl.

Gangularis
i agree with you 159%, but if i try to speak out against certain people for their apparent arrogance and stupidity here, i get lambasted.

CBright7831
No Silas Carson?

bawling

Gangularis
and again.. i'm soooo with you on this mark. *cheers with a beer in hand*

Gangularis
where have you been all this time kremzike?!

finally some more rational and down to earth starwars fans make their voices heard around here..

kremzike
I don't talk much. smile

Oh, and I meant "all the info" not "ann the info". Damn sleepy typing.

Gangularis
hehehe

i really don't bother talking so much here anymore either. not that the forum overall is so bad.

Snakebyte
Yeah, i think so too. The vanity pic is not a finished MOVIE shot, but its a finished shot and so the topic is right...

I didnt post the actually picture because
a. the size of the pic is too big for a forum
b. linking doesnt exceed the bandwith too fast (because with image tags the picture loads, everytime somebody enters the topic, even if he already saw the pic...) smile

Hope you dont mind, but i feel little attacked for just posting a link in the finished shot forum. wink

Gangularis
a finished shot? so according to that sort of reasoning ANY shot that is a shot because it's a shot, period, is a finished shot.. what makes a shot a finished shot??

i'm sorry, but i'm thinking when they infer "finished shot" in the title of the thread, they mean special effects and all that jazz.. not someone had their hair parted just right for a "shot".

Snakebyte
The shot is finished, because no more special effects will be applied... wink

For me "finished" means "no private pics (cons,etc.), no modified pics (Art), and no non-e3 related stuff".

Im not a english speaking genius, so can somebody like JP can explain what "finished shots" means in the end... big grin

Ushgarak
Yes, well, can we cut out these petty arguments please? It is a nice pic and very much distinctive enough to deserve its own thread. There.

Jedi Priestess
TFN kremzike. And here I thought someone managed to get a copy early. sad

Jedi Priestess
Video of the photoshoot by E! news
just click on the link and then on Natalie's pic

http://www.eonline.com/Multimedia/NewsPlayer/play.jsp?clipID=&adCat=mmgallery&mediaID=1&preview=

Jedi Priestess
AND two additional pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/pvf.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/aovf.jpg

Wat Tambor
That,s Nice

DenKi
Wow looks like they go back to Kameo (SP?) if you look at that vid you can see all the scenes and the walls

Mempho76
Not Kamino... Tantive ship seen in the beginning of ANH.

cylob49
Yeah its kind of ridiculous that Maul aint there seeing as he was on most of the Ep1 merchandise.

bILLYgOAT
agreed,
I would like to see the pic with deleted characters returned.

btw

u hit the nail square on the head mate.

bILLYgOAT
a further note,
too bad its a copy & paste pic.

Creechuur
Does anyone have a high res version of the panoramic group shot? I've only seen a high res version of the smaller cover so far.

Jedi Priestess
IS this what you are looking for?

http://img45.exs.cx/img45/740/groupcombined1jo1bw.jpg

Creechuur
Exactly. As always JP, you are a boon and a godsend.

CBright7831
That's a great photo.

Creechuur
Is it me, or is little Jake not aging too well?

Jedi Priestess
I'd say Hamill has prolly aged the roughest myself. And you are most welcome Creech! smile

Creechuur
Yeah, but he got into an accident and messed up his face. Besdies, you dont have to pretty to do voiceover work, which he does well. Jake Lloyd's just a kid and he's already lost his "cute factor". His career probably ended with Ep 1, pretty sad.

Darth_Duffy
what are you basing the comment 'his career probably ended with ep1' on?
not a dig just curious

NoMeN
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005157/

his career ended 2 - 3 years ago. apparently :/ he hasnt done anything in 2003 nor 2004

bILLYgOAT
Hamills left side of his face was bashed up pretty bad in an auto accident just before ESB, looks like his plastic surgeons work is starting to show up.

anyone notice that Ford has his hair brushed in the Solo center parting style.
I haven't seen him wear that since RotJ.

Snakebyte
you can find the whole article and all the pictures (HIGH RES! big grin)

@ http://www.jedinet.com/multimedia/cpg132/thumbnails.php?album=558

cylob49
nice to see the biggest star of the movies behind all the cast members-

BLUESCREEN!

OB1-adobe
In the pic from Vanity fair with freaking everybody (must have been a Chore to get that pic together, or maybe Lucas just digitally added them in, Ha!), who is that guy standing above Christopher Lee and next to Jimmy smits on the other side of the light?

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/publicity/img/20050104_bg.jpg

GCG
WTF ? Liam Neeson (Qui Gon ) !!

jedijunky1138
Qui-gon
Please close.

OB1-adobe
Holy crap, sorry, I couldn't tell. He is a little far away okay

GCG
no ; excuse me for retorting embarrasment

OB1-adobe
It is too bad that pic is short Jeremy bulluch, Daniel Logan, Ray Park, and Temura Morrison

DARTH DADDY
It's missing a whole lot of actors.

OB1-adobe
Yeah but I'm still impressed. Epecially Harrison Ford, I wonder what it took for that to happen.

BAILY
He really doesnt look like he wants to be in the photo. lol. wink wink

OB1-adobe
Yeah, Though that picture almost brings a tear to my eye.

Its finaly all coming together now!

ctsketch
wow Jake Loyd grew up to be a hideous monster :P, why does he look like he ate a lemon?

Jedi Priestess
OB1 hun we discussed everyting you are in the Vanity Fair cover thread sweetie. And for the record they took those pictures at different times. Who sat at what times is in that thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t319584.html

travisbb69
I'm glad the original trilogy actors are in this pic.

jedijunky1138
No prob, He doesn't have the hair piece on ether.

Xanatos
Wheres obie(alec)

PVS
umm.....he's dead sad

cylob49
whos the frumpy dumpy lookin chick with her hands round Harrison(do i really have to George ......do i really have to!)Ford?
did she dish out the tea and wookie cookies?

smoker4
Thats carrie fisher! you know Princess Leia!

Xanatos
aww I never new that sad

Look at natalie George you sly dog stick out tongue

cylob49
Blimey i didnt recognise her without the slave girl outfit and the danish buns!!!!
I thought she wouldve been in costume...much like Liam Neeson was expected to have the long hair and the beard!!!

WELL I NEVER!!!!!!

smoker4
Lol, Liam Neeson must have been fresh from batman begins with that hair do!

cylob49
It kind of sums up the whole feeling i get from the sw movies nowadays the way that was put together.
Hamill wasnt even in the same city as Ford and Fisher the day that pic was took.
Its a very nice pic but i feel kind of pissed that i got a lil bit emotional the first time i saw that pic....sure Grevious couldnt have been there in person but it loses its magic the way it was put together.
I wouldnt be surprised if Lucas brings out another cover with added characters or others replaced shortly!
Darth Maul would be nice seeing as he owned Phantom Menace!

K3VIL
This looks fake

Sith Master X
Yeah, there's a straight line going down the middle making it look like 2 pictures put together.

lucasfilm
LOL!!! I never noticed yoda sitting on GL's lap!!!! OMG THAT IS WEIRD!!!!

Sith Master X
Yeah I just noticed that for the first time a while ago as well. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.