Thanos vs. Watcher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
smart This is about Thanos league don't you think. I mean without any gauntlet. Mano a mano. bunny raver

Fanboy
Thanos would try to blast the Watcher and Watcher will put up his hand and make his blast scribbly and just probably kill Thanos with that same kind of power.

radioboy121
Watcher has been terribly unappreciated on this board for the most part. Unless Thanos has a groundbreaking strategy, the Watcher can easily destroy him if threatened. Otherwise, it will just be a staring contest.

Krissy Von Doom
I wouldn't say easily.... the Watcher would have to be in the same class as Odin and Tyrant, both of whom Thanos 'stalemated' (he probably just prolonged the inevitable but still...).

Draco69
Doesn't the Watcher just stare at things all day? Does he have any battle experience at all?

Cosmic Cube
The watchers are very old, and extremley powerful. I think that without the gauntlets or thotu Thanos goes down.

muffin man
watcher would just stand there and take a beating due to his oath

whobdamandog
In terms of power, I would put the watchers pretty high up there, probably slightly above Odin and the Skyfathers..Maybe even much greater..

AAron the rouge watcher... for example... has fought Molecule Man, arguebly one of the most powerful guys in the MU..and defeated him rather easily.

Another Watcher that comes to mind is Utau..the one who resides on Earth 616's moon. He just stood there unaffected when Thanos was wielding the Infinity gauntlet and battling the other cosmic abstracts/beings. (That could have been because Thanos choose not to harm him though..)

Who knows how powerful they are..but I do believe they possess more than enough power to best Thanos in a one on one confrontation...

whobdamandog
I know I initially put them above the Celestials in my heirarchy post..I definately take that back now..I don't see them being quite that powerful..but definately pretty high on the list..

Maelstrom
So whot??? it goes: -Galactus-
Watchers - Celestials
Thanos

who?-kid
Yeah, but Moleculeman is, well, an idiot lol.

Indeed, Thanos needed an audience that minds his own business.

True, but then again, we don't know all the powers (or weaknesses) of the Watchers...

whobdamandog
Yeah MM Man is pretty retarded..I still give the battle to the watcher though..unless Thanos has some prep time..he's pretty much unbeatable when he has enough time to plan out an attack..

radioboy121
The only time I've seen a Watcher fight physically was in a What if comic (What if the Avengers battled Galactus), but this was the older version look of Watcher that looked like a WWF wrestler with a toga than a Gandhi. The newest version of Watcher would look awkward if he fought, but who knows? He could possibly do a Yoda for all we know.

Yes, they stand there and basically catalog, but they won't take a beating if it's meant for them. They're don't like getting involved, but they're also not stupid.

eleveninches
The watchers are extremely powerful, but dont get involved in the affairs of lesser species.
Uatu could easily overwhelm regular thanos

K3VIL
Uatu and the Watchers are a godlike race, their powers are probably equal or on the scale of those of the Celestials.I see a Watcher in troubles only during Abraxas saga when he take half of the medallion of the Watcher, that was in a suspended animation or coma like condition cause the medallion is some way connected to their lives.

who?-kid
I don't think Watchers are on the same level than Celestials. Close maybe, but not on the same level.

K3VIL
Yes, but close is sufficient to wipe out Thanos.Galactus not full energy wipe out Thanos with one blast, them same can do a Watcher unless Thanos stole the medallion.

eleveninches
Watchers are more or less as powerful as celestials, but they submitted all of their free will to the celestials so that they would not have to make any moral decisions and could not be blamed for any more tragedies (as they once interfered in the affairs of a lesser race, which resulted in the race destroying itself i a nuclear war).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.