"Troy" DVD Review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mane
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002Z0EYK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
"Troy" 2-Disc Widescreen Edition (Fullscreen also available). ($19.99)
Release Date: January 4, 2004
Run time: 163 Minutes

In 1193 B.C., Prince Paris of Troy stole the beautiful Helen of Sparta away from her husband, Menelaus, starting the Trojan War. (Brad Pitt, Eric Bana, Orlando Bloom)

Disc 1
Picture: Standard 16x9 (not sure what the transfer is) theatrical aspect ratio. High definition. Nothing more to say other than it looks great.

Audio: English and French 5.1 Dolby Digital. English, Spanish, and French subtitles avilable. No commentaries.

Disc 2
Extras: Despite being a second disc, this DVD only features 45 minutes of features.
- 3 Featurettes: "In The Think Of Battle" (battle sequences), "From Ruins To Reality" (historical perspective), "Troy: An Effects Odyssey"
- Gallery of the Gods: 3-D tour of Mount Olympus and Gods of Ancient Greece
- Easter Eggs

Overall: I enjoyed this movie alot. Saw it twice in theatres and bought it the day it was released. I'd say it's one of the better Greek/Roman history films in a while; almost on par with Gladiator. The movie itself: 9/10. Not too many features; 7/10.

Overall rating: 8/10. thumb up

Jackie Malfoy
Considering that brad pits is in it.I still don't want to see it being that it is not going to have extras or anything on this dvd.Save your money guys this is one dvd you don't want!JM

Mane
How the hell do you know people don't want it?

Cinemaddiction
It's all opinion, and he provided a review for good reason. Now, play nice, both of you.

<<Solo>>
What's your favorite movie? Let me guess,"You Got Served?"
Anyways, Excellent review Mane. I think I'm going to go pick this up in spite of....JM.

Oh yeah and awesome Kurt Russel sig Mane.

Mane
Thanks. thumb up You've officially made my buddy list.

Supermann98
Some of my buddies don't want the DVD because they think there's too much Brad Pitt and that he's a pretty boy or whatever. Geez, how immature. It's a good movie! If you're intimidated by a guy because he looks good or whatever you should not have an opinion on any of his movies. Personally I respect him as an actor.

Mane
I think Brad Pitt is a very dynamic actor. He's excellent IMO. And he is the total opposite of a pretty boy. Pitt is one of the best examples of a modern manly man I can think of.

Joker1237
Troy was a good movie imo.

BUT IF YOU WANT A BOOK REVIEW ON THE ILIAD, Troy is not the right movie for that.

Just got it today will watcht it.

Jedi Priestess
I saw this twice at the theaters, but hey Im female so it was droolio. However I was VERY dissapointed with the DVD extras. NO deleted scenes, and very skimpy other stuff.

Cinemaddiction
Looks like those extras do indeed blow, and the transfer not being anything special, doesn't warrant a 2nd disc. Wal-Mart had a "troy" package where you get a free "Troy" shirt. Then, and only then, it may be worth $19.99.

Jedi Priestess
Wasnt that just a plain white t-shirt with TROY written in black letters on the front? Looked like that to me. messed

Mane
Yeah I only payed $14 for it.

MildPossession
Troy was terribly miscast, and I didn't enjoy Brad Pitt in the role as much as if it was an unknown, but he did a decent job even if he was a bit wooden in parts, he had more potential in this movie. But yes, all men should have the body of Pitt, yum yum. As he was in Troy that is. smile

Not a great movie, but it was a decent try, some of the end shots were fantastic to watch though.

Saffron Burrows needed more screen time, and I didn't like the actress who played Helen of Troy, or Bloom in the role of Paris, meh...

7/10 from myself.

ericadurancefan
TROY IN MY OPINION WAS AN EXCELLENT MOVIE,IT HAD GREAT STORYTELLING AND FANTASTIC ACTING AND IT DID NOT GET BETTER THAN THE FIGHT SCENE BETWEEN BRAD PITT AND ERIC BANA IT WAS SO WELL CHOREOGRAPHED IT REMINDS ME WHY I LOVE ACTION MOVIES.

WillKempsgirl
I ONLY BOUGHT AND SAWIT WAS BECAUSE ORLANDO BLOOM,BRAD PITT, AND ERIC BANA WAS IN IT.

inlove inlove inlove

potter_luver48
OMFG! this is such a wonderful movie!

the actors in it are absoultely HOTTT! eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

But that's not the only reason that i liked it. I think it explains the REAL story of Troy perfectly.

WillKempsgirl
Originally posted by WillKempsgirl
I ONLY BOUGHT AND SAWIT WAS BECAUSE ORLANDO BLOOM,BRAD PITT, AND ERIC BANA WAS IN IT.

inlove inlove inlove

I think Orlando Bloom is bisexual.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.