"Donnie Darko" DVD Review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

<<Solo>>
Thought I might try doing one of these.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005V3Z4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Title: Donnie Darko ($11.24)
Run Time: 1hr.53 Min.
Summary: Some people see Donnie Darko (Jake Gyllenhall) as their regular average teenager. But he's a delusional teenager who meets a man-sized rabbit who shows him glimpses of the future. Frank (this man-sized rabbit) saves Donnie's life while leading Donnie out of his house when he should've encountered a bizzare death from a (falling) jet engine. The rest of the movie involves Donnie being held under Frank's influence. Frank uses Donnie to try to stop the world from ending. Therefore, Donnie has unusual powers (he's able to slam an axe half-way through a stone statue). And is able to flood the school. Where meets his soon-to-be girlfriend Gretchen (Jena Malone). Anything that happens from the point Donnie meets Frank untill 28 Days,6 hours,42 minutes, and seconds later will decide the fate of the world.

Picture:Looks fine,Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen, Dolby. (Don't have much to say in this categorie).
Sound: Encoding includes: Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround. Also plays in English, Spanish, And French. Same with the subtitles.
Extras:
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)
Commentary by writer/director Richard Kelly and Jake Gyllenhaal

Commentary by writer/director Richard Kelly, Drew Barrymore, producer Sean McKittrick, Jena Malone, Beth Grant, Mary McDonnell, Holmes Osborne, Katharine Ross, and James Duval

"Cunning Visions" infomercials
"The Philosophy of Time Travel" Book
"Mad World" music video

20 deleted and extended scenes with optional commentary
Art gallery & production skills

Website

TV Spots

Overall: 9.5/10- Original, and Amazing Movie. But I was abit dissapointed on the deleted scenes side. Definately worth buying. thumb up

Shaolin Monk
nice Solo

I'm yet to see this movie...try your best not to flame me ppl stick out tongue

I want to check it out, to see what all the talk is about....perhaps I'll pickup the DVD

dean7879
nice review thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.