Siege of Isengard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imperial_Samura
I am just looking for some theories regarding Saruman's actions during the Siege of Isengard (looking at it from the movie perspective here, though you can bring the book in if you wish)

Now Saruman was one of the most powerful characters in middle earth, up till the time Gandalf punished him... so why was it he didn't seem to do much while the Ents attacked other then looking all wild eyed and panicked? Sure, a bunch of angry Ents would be rather frightening, but surely Saruman would have been able to do something more about them...

rohanspear543
I dunno but I guess the ents were immune to magic or somthin

Discos
what could Saruman do? Isengard was whiped.....even WITH his staff he could of done shit, i dont think a bolt of lightning would of done much harm to an ent.

I haven;t read it yet, but I suggest looking up the 2nd book from the "History of Middle Earth" called the "Treason of Isengard"

I am suprised one of the more taqlented fans hasn't replied *cough* yet, it is a not bad question. I suggest PM'm Shadowy or Exa....they will definetly give you some more insight than what I have given.

Discos - Isengard was never my strong point.....then again, neither was Arda *shrugs* stick out tongue

ladygrim
can i just ask if ne one nows where i can get the music to that scene from cuz i liked the bit where the Ents are walking towards isengard ....and it doesnt appear to be on the soundtracks i have

Discos
mmm.....it should be kicking around the soundtrack disc *shrugs*, can't say I have ever listened to them though.

- My mistake sirs, it is book 7 of The History of Middle earth

shadowy_blue
ladygrim, it's in Track 17 of the TTT soundtrack. smile It includes the music when Haldir was killed, then move to Fangorn when they were marching towards Isengard, and then when they attacked. smile

Brilliant theme it was. happy

ladygrim
thnk u .... i must of not listened props... wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.