Remakes!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

volcom
I don't know what the deal is with these upcoming movies, it makes me mad to see these awesome movies get completely Massacred! i admit that some remakes are pretty good and i enjoyed them but they have to stop! i think that these movies shouldn't be touched and left alone just the way they are.

DarklyDivine
I know exactly what you mean. Can you believe they're remaking "The House of Wax?" Doesn't anybody remember how much "The House on Haunted Hill" sucked when they remade that? Mon Dieu! Leave the classic Vincent Price films alone. Don't try to fix something that ain't broke.

eggmayo
dawn of the dead looks good though

Lord Soth
Remakes are certainly a dangerous task to undertake, just b/c they run the terrible risk of angering the fans of the original. Remakes are not always bad, some are actually quite, if thought of as stand-alone movies. But it's the horror fans comparing it to the original that make them seem awful.

I personally saw nothing wrong with the TCM remake: it was as scary as hell and well (enough) put together. But then take into account the fact that I've never seen the original. BF hates it b/c it wasn't a faithful interpretation, not necessariyl b/c it was badly done

Dawn of the Dead looks good, too, but I've seen the original for this (years ago, however), so we'll just have a look-see at how that goes

Lord Soth
Apparently I stunned everyone speechless laughing

Mordecai
Nice one.

Cinemaddiction
Nah, we're all just too focused on not being "whiny little bitches" when it comes to remakes, that's all. embarrasment

I don't see why people are all so friggin' up in arms about Horror movie remakes in particular. The genre isn't exactly high up there on the originalty scale to begin with, so what's the fuss?

To be honest, I'd much rather see a straight up remake of a movie, no matter HOW BAD, than a huge teeny bopper conglomerate like "Wrong Turn" or "Cabin Fever", with pieces of "Evil Dead", "Deliverance", "TCM", and whatever interspersed throughout the movie.

There have been plenty of Horror movies with great stories, that just fleshed out all wrong, that would benefit from a face lift.

BackFire
That last statement is true Cinema, but the fact is those aren't the movies that get remade usually. It's most often movies that achieved perfection are the ones that get remade, and they're the last ones that should be remade.

If they would remake movies with a good plot and story that simply wasn't realized to it's full potential then I would have no problem with them, but that isn't the case.

samhain
The whole movie industry seems to be lacking original ideas at the moment. Comics, books, old films and TV shows seem to be where the attention is focused, but I don't think that will last. The next generation of film makers are breaking through now, and that means a lot more original storylines. Hang on in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Cinemaddiction
Well, keep those soapboxes out , kiddos. Warnr Bros. is in talks to remake "The Changeling", as well as "Invasion of the Body Snatachers", for the 2nd time.

DISCUSS!

BackFire
Remakes are just a trend right now, they will go away soon

Lord Soth
I don't want the comic book or novel adaptations to stop, those are usually good. Remakes, however, need to stop, they rarely work

amlap
novel adaptations will never stop because great movies usually come from the book first. plus a novelist puts his/her whole life into the book, which is later butchered and shortened by a halfway decent screenwriter.

comic book movies need to stop before they ruin the idea. yeh there has been a few good ones but lets not forget about the original punisher or captain america or the never finished fantastic four.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.