Hellraiser 4 Disk Boxset Dvd Review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
Title: Hellraiser 4 Disk Boxset (Anchor Bay release)

http://images.play.com/banners/181002l.jpg

Genre: Horror
Dvd Release: September 27th 2004
Rating: UK(18) USA(R)
picture: Colour

The first three films in the Hellraiser series. Hellraiser is the spine chilling tale of a man brought partially back to life by the blood of his brother. Then Pinhead and his cenobites get bought into the real world and they want frank back.For Kirsty who is involved the nightmares never end in 'Hellraiser 2 - Hellbound' with her father's skinned corpse and the demonic cenobites still fresh in her memory. Then the doctor re-opens the channel between the dimensions and once again she is propelled into their horrifying world. 'Hellraiser 3 - Hell On Earth' is another nightmare based on the characters created by Clive Barker.

Picture: The widescreen(1.78:1) transfer on all three films are excellent, with near picture quality, there is a slight amount of grain. You cant much better than this. Anchor Bay as always have done a great job here. 9/10

Sound: On all three films there are three audio options to choose from, Stereo 2.0, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS. DTS is the best sound option because it is more louder. The other two sound options are still good though. 8/10

Menu Features:Hellraiser 1 Good job here by Anchor bay. The menu's are quite freaky and give off an eiree atmosphere. To view the menu you have to click on the puzzle box which opens up and then after you hear Pinhead speak it then goes into the menu, its pretty cool how its set out. Oh and also if u leave the menu alone for a minute or so then you will get a screensaver of a moving puzzle box. Nice one.8/10

Hellraiser 2 menu: Pretty much identical to the the Hellraiser 1 menu. Great atmospheric menu

Hellraiser 3 menu Not as good as the previous two menu's. You get to see some sort of Pillar which spins around while some music is being played. Borin compared to the other two.

Extra Features: Anchor Bay have pulled out all the stops on all three disks, there are loads of special features to keep you happy. I was delighted with the amount of effort put into this boxset and you will be too!

Hellraiser 1(1987) uncut 93 minutes, special features
Audio commentary with director Clive barker and star Ashley Laurence
Audio commentary with director Clive Barker
Hellraiser: Resurrection Featurette
On set interview with Clive Barker
Hellraiser Merchandising Promo
4 theatrical trailers
5 TV spots
Storyboards
Script
Poster and stills gallery

Hellraiser 2(1988) uncut 99 minutes, special features
Audio commentary with Pete Atkins and Tony Randel
Audio commentary with director Tony Randell, star Ashley Laurence and writer Peter Atkins
Doug Bradley on Hellraiser 2
Lost in the Labyrinth Featurette
On set interview with Clive Barker and cast
Behind the scenes montage
2 TV spots
4 theatrical trailers
Script

Hellraiser 3(1992) uncut 93 minutes, special features
Audio commentary with Director Anthony Hickox and star Doug Bradley
Doug Bradley on Hellraiser 3
Interview with Director Anthony Hickox
On set interviews with Clive Barker and Doug Bradley
Theatrical trailer

Bonus Disk:

Full screen Presentation of Hellraiser 3: Hell on earth
Early short - Clive Barker's Salome(1973)
Early short - Clive Barker's The Forbidden(1978)
Interviews with Clive Barker, Pete Atkins and Doug Bradley, discussing the early films

Overall: This is a great boxset to have and is one of Anchor Bays best releases to date. A must have in any horror fans collection 9/10 overall

SlipknoT
Shit, I just bought 1 and 2.

<<Solo>>
There's another boxset on my wishlist. But I can wait for this dvd. Sooner or later it will get cheaper.

Cinemaddiction
I'm guessing this is Region 2, though, right? Unless you have a Region Free player, you State side guys are S.O.L.

But yeah, I sure as hell (no pun intended) should get a Region Free DVD player for THIS alone.

<<Solo>>
I'm thinking you guessed right. Considering the link for the picture if from Play.com. And all Play sells is UK DVDs.

http://images.play.com/banners/181002l.jpg

dean7879
just get a region hack code for your dvd player
my dvd player only played region 2 but when i got this code off the net, i was then able to play multiregion

<<Solo>>
Yeah I actually found the instructions to make your dvd player region-free. But I've been too lazy to do it yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.