How would you...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DemonicGambit-2
Okay here's a question everyone's probably asked themselves at one time or another....or will now. If you were in charge of the X-Men, how would make Rogue control her powers?

Make it some trauma she has to work through?
Maybe a power suppression device?
Or even just some trust issues she has
It could even be her getting over a fear of touching people

So how would you do it? And it's multichoice

eristole
hmm, see the problem with this is that we already KNOW whats wrong with her.. because when carol danvers had control on her body she was able to take control of the power and kiss/touch people wink so hehe.. guess what that narrows it down to.

DemonicGambit-2
roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes I know what's wrong with her, but still how would you do it? It's a question for a fanfic I'm writing but I'm not quite sure how people want her to gain control

darkphoenix
I think she should like absorb someone's power and that power would kinna "stabilize" her own.... maybe a psychic power or a power like artie's...

BarmyBrummie
im confused by this messed

flavinho
hmmm, i think she shouldnt control her powersbig grin, she would lose a lot of her coolness and would overcome the problem that gives pages and pages of x-men for years...

Meant2be
I choose "Or just hard work and it's a mental switch".

DemonicGambit-2
I'm basically asking how you would want Rogue to control her powers. I just want to know what the majority wants for her

Clovie
i think that if she could controll her powers, there could happen sth more... between her and Remy... shifty

and it is only reason for her to controling it wink

Dregh
Cut her hands, W00T!!!!rock

Clovie
stick out tongue

RoguePw25
Carol Danvers took control over Rogue's body and could control her powers?? When did this happen? Give me details. . .details. . .. .

DemonicGambit-2
Uh...no I think not confused

LoveBlush14
Well maybe it's because her brain is already seriously damaged and she has trouble getting that in her head
So instead of working on it a way to control her POWERS
she and bobby are trying to learn how 2 kiss
reading They even read How 2 kiss books
it really sad
Every1 who agrees
press 78753
and if you think i'm wrong press !!! and see what happens the next morning!
devil shifty

eleveninches
How does rogue manage to eat anything??
I mean, if she eats a chicken burger, does she absorb chicken DNA because of it making physical contact with her?

Clovie
no, coz chicken is dead....

eleveninches
So if she touches a tree or a flower or something like that, does she absorb it's DNA?

Clovie
hm...
teoretically, yes.. but i don't think, they will do sth like this in comix or movie.... shifty

it would be fun, somehow... she will know, what the tree thinks big grin

eleveninches
Or if she ever eats a live animal, she will end up running round making animal noises. lol
eek! laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud eek! laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud eek!

Clovie
yeah....laughing

bit i don't think, she'd like to eat alive animal shifty

eleveninches
maybe not. It would still be funny though.smile

Clovie
laughing

LoveBlush14
Chicken DNA?
Weird!!!
But imagine if she ate a Ham burger and started
to MMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
thurn in to madd cow!
Ha

eleveninches
I'd love to see that smilesmilesmile

DemonicGambit-2
huh mad cow...chickens....and trees...oh my....huh Right, but I think the reason she doesn't absorb trees or plants, or any animals that I know of is because they're not mentally compatable.

No time soon do I wanna see Rogue kiss Bobby, again. I hope she dumps him and then goes off with Remy yes

eleveninches
If she touches a boy, and absorbs his feelings, does she start to become a lesbian???

If she absorbs a boy's DNA, does she grow male organs??

DemonicGambit-2
Her absorbing powers has nothing to do with DNA, only the mind, such as memories and personalities

eleveninches
So if she absorbed the powers of her boyfriend, while they were turned on by her, she would end up being turned on by girls??

DemonicGambit-2
No, she'd just have their thoughts. Sort of like being in a car with someone who is constintly thinking out loud. You hear them, and you can know they're there, but you don't necessarily become them, they just join you in the car. The car being her mind

eleveninches
poor girlsad

DemonicGambit-2
Yeah she has it hard sad But at least she hasn't ever gone compeletely crazy big grin

LoveBlush14
I still don't get in
but i guess in a way i do
But i remember an episode on Evolution
that when she first gets her Powers
that she thought she was a boy
but what if she touched another boy and starts to like girls?
You can't say anything to that!
Ha Ha

RiverX-girl
That would be weird! smile But it's happened so much, she probably realizes now that it's her, with someone else's thoughts, and she is still Rogue... I'm confusing myself, I must be silent smile

DemonicGambit-2
I think it would personally suck to have everyone else's thoughts in your head. I would go crazy..which a couple times Rogue has a bit...

RoguePw25
yep yep, Did anyone see in Evolution the episoded called "Self Posessedd?" The girl was going bonkers because she was manifesting everyone's power that she'd ever touched. Take a look

DemonicGambit-2
eek! I saw that ep!! It was soo cool. But I wanted Remy to show up and make her all better sad But that was cool when she started kicking everyone's butt. Like when she blasted Cycolps, and he just said, "That hurts more then I thought."

Superman5452
um Rouge should kill Bobby and that gives her mentel peace and control of her powers.

DemonicGambit-2
laughing That's my other story you're thinking of B. In this one Bobby isn't going with Rogue, because Remy's there. Oh and speaking of which I finally decided on what to do with Bobby's body big grin After like two years embarrasment

Joffy
I wrote some fanfic a while back now. It was a Whatif kinda thing.

Rogue thought she had control of her powers, and kissed Gambit. Only ending up killing him. (Not something I really wanna happen.) BUT in a way she didn't? She no longer was Rogue, but she was a being mixed with Rogue and Gambit. She had his powers permantly and his memories and personality too. With a man's thoughts inside her as well, let's just say that her "sway", swung both ways. After going a little bit crazy of course.

Dunno what I did with it now. confused

RiverX-girl
hmmmmmmm..... sounds interesting enough smile Do you really think we can kill Bobby? I want to light his head on fire and sacrifice it to the Volcano gods and watch it burn! AHAHAHAHA!! eek!

DemonicGambit-2
Well in a story I wrote I turned Bobby's dead body to ice, and I think I'm going to give to Pryo devil

In that one though I just made him immune to him...I could do that in this one but it's too late for that.

RiverX-girl
Yeah dude! Pyro can light his head on fire and sacrifice it to the Volcano gods! Woot!

DemonicGambit-2
laughing Volcano gods?

MaverickIce
uhh..............Just kick rogue off the team

RiverX-girl
hmmm....... that could work too... in the movies. That one is different than the cartoons/comics. But either way, Bobby must die! evil face devil evil face

RoguePw25
I know! I don't know why Bobby is so young. I like the actor, but Rogue and Bobby are NOT a couple.

DemonicGambit-2
Completely!! Gee stupid Bobby mad He should go jump into a volcano that'd take of 'Iceman' shifty Burn, Baby, Burn!

MaverickIce, why would Rogue get kicked off the team? I'm confused confused

RoguePw25
you and me both. It's like you can't have X-men without Rogue.

Yeah, Bobby needs to burn if he's gonna be with Rogue. Hughe mistake. Happy Dance

Kes
Topic ppl.
What's the topic blink

RiverX-girl
Ummmmmm Rogue should gain control of her powers by sheer force of will and mental blocks? Right? Don't I get a cookie? *puppy eyes* We should still kill Bobby though. I want to throw him into the Volcano! evil face

DemonicGambit-2
Hmmm cookies! big grin

We were talking about how Rogue (movie) should get her powers under control, when we got mad because Bobby is with her

Superman5452
yeah i think that was my fault

DemonicGambit-2
Bad B, bad stick out tongue

Superman5452
how do you get B out of superman?? confused

DemonicGambit-2
I don't like writing out your sn, so I'm just using what your co-workers call you....or would you rather i use your real name? devil sure you would love that roll eyes (sarcastic)

RiverX-girl
Oooh oooh yeah don't worry we forgive you! evil face we got carried away too. But it's easy to do when no one likes Bobby eek! So... oatmeal raisin anyone?

DemonicGambit-2
Oatmeal raisin? huh Wait....I lost.....

( I've already decided how she's going to control her powers in my story, I just finished writing it last night to! happy )

RoguePw25
yeah, ROgue should just control her power by mental will. I mean, that is how the others control their power isn't it?

DemonicGambit-2
Yeah except for Scott but that's all due to brain damage

RiverX-girl
That and the fact that Scott sucks and he has to be different wink kidding! But yeah someone decided to give me cookies for guessing the true reason for this thread, therefore I'm getting oatmeal raisin to share with everyone! woohoo!! Yes I know I'm a nice person and all the soggy fangirls want to be like me..... again, I'm kidding. Keep your pitchforks away from me you future farmers!!

Lady_Eowyn3
whoa, it's been a while, when did that happen? and what happened???????

RiverX-girl
Yeah dude I'm comfoosed... eek!

Back2U
Here are my thoughts on this, I've always felt that Rogues lack of control was born out of the fact that she has a psychological need to be close to others seeings as how she was raised, she never learned the subtleties of touch, therefore she needs Magneto or Skids or Polaris to give her soem hug therapy over a period of years

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.