Interview Chris Neil: Coaching Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess

smegsaber
I really love forums like MF.com and KMC (yes, and sometimes TFN) for bringing us things that the Official Site would NEVER bring us until release- however I am beginning to understand why the offical site and the runners of Hyperspace are so more inclined to crack down on us when not only are we posting spoiler information and pictures (which I hope never ends), but we are now just copying slabs of OS material, taking away the need to ever even go to starwars.com. Don't you think that a simple and the first two lines of a story would suffice? I'm not trying to cause an argument or bashing thread, but perhaps give the OS credit where credit is due.

darktim1
cool thanks JP sorry haven't been around my computer has been down for now out.

Darth Surgent
*Performance expectations rising slightly*

Jedi Priestess
Normally I do post the source, this time I forgot. My apologies. embarrasment

vanyoda
Great news that ROTS will have a dialogue coach,
I'm hoping for great emotional performances.

CinematicESP
That's great news. I felt AOTC was a bit lacking in the acting department, though it was mostly only in the beginning. I wonder why Lucas didn't think of this on TPM.

Darth_Decimator
here here , i always felt the acting in the prequels to be of average standard at best , but being that most of them were acting to thin air i guess we cant expect too much , but hearing this new news is very exciting and im hoping that we can expect many many good things acting wise in ep III , something that i must admit believed wasnt going to happen , 132 days 2 go , CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Eleonora
That's fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!

GCG
Hayden christensen actually needed someone to coach him through acting in general as he still has to prove his versatilty in other roles.

But representing one of cinematography's most beloved villians Darth Vader, would prove a tough task for anyone.
In Revenge of the Sith , we will be seeing a metamorphosis from Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader and christensen's performance will be pivotal for this transformation.

I am cravng to see Darth Vader being Vader but without the mask !

^ Thats a LOT to read ; Joseph Campbell has had about 32 works published to date, with more still being edited for publication

RealDeadOne
Great read JP... hopefully this guy had a positive impact on the actors.

Very cool, thanks.

bILLYgOAT
Thank God.
I thought the dialog in TPM was flat, and dialog in AOTC was atrocious.
Remember the fireside scene when anakin trys to seduce padame with that terrible monotonous whine about the kiss she should not have given him sick , and you could see padme squirm thinking "Christ, I have a stalker here" eek!
(I know that some of the ladies loved that utter deluge of pish ...eh JP wink )

Now I can see what the problem was...they had no coach and Hayden was probably out of his depth saying such incoherent ramblings.
he probably thought if I offered these lines to a babe in a bar, she fall down laughing, and rightly so tbh. laughing

bill9d9
I hope this helps. Other than SLJ, the cast for AOTC and ROTS is B rate at best.

Mortanius
evil face

eXSBass
**Goes Commando style and preps carmoflage army suite, boots and AK-47....hunt's the dog!**

smoker4
ROTS just keeps sounding better and better smokin' wink

Jedi Priestess
I know Im such a softie for that stuff. wink

Mortanius

ajrocksteady
Though I HATE to compare trilogies, this was one area i always thought the prequels and some of The matrix lacked in comparison to Lord of the Rings. There is not an emotional scene anywhere in LOTR(all 3) that wasn't fantastic. Quite frankly i am so hyped by this article that i have perma-smile smile I can't help it! Especially interesting is thefact that it seems GL has finally realized he needs to ask help for things he's not particularly good at. Halellujah!!!!!!!!!!!

MochaChica
'ROTS' is really raising the ante. It's so exciting to read an article like this, really gives us fans more of a reason to be extremely excited for the film. Now there's an acting coach? It's going to be great, all around. And Lucas himself is saying PG-13 is very possible, oh man. We're going to get possibly the best 'SW' since 'TESB'...let's hope. Vanity Fair this Tuesday, should be a good article.

Cipher
Lucas should've had a dialogue coach all along. Maybe this was the Coppola family's way of saying these movies could have been better.......

bILLYgOAT
lol
tell u what.
I'll get a peat fire going & we'll have some Guinness and whiskey chasers, I'll deliver a fine rendition of Anis chat-up line and we'll see who laughs first ...you or me.

The looser has to wear Padmes Corset wink

smoker4
Well being his close friend he can get away with it wink

Lyn
Good read, thanks JP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.