"The Bourne Supremacy" DVD Review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mane
I figured I should review the sequel to The Bourne Identity before someone beats me to the punch! stick out tongue

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002ZDVEU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
"The Bourne Supremacy" ($19.99)
Release Date: December 7, 2004
Runtime: 109 minutes

"They should have left him alone. Academy Award winner Matt Damon is back as expert assassin Jason Bourne in this stunning, non-stop action hit."

Picture: 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen like the original. (The Bourne Identity)

Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1 English, French, and Spanish. English and French subtitles. No commentaries.

Features: Now considering that this isn't a special or extended edition DVD, I'd say it's pretty good having 8 featurettes. Take a look.
- "Crash Cam" - car stunt featurette
- "Bourne to be Wild" - fight training featurette
- "Blowing Things Up" - pyrotechnical sequence featurette
- "The Go-Mobile Revs up the Action" - action photography featurette
- "Anatomy of a Scene: The Explosive Bridge Chase Scene"
- "Matching Identities: Casting" featurette
- "Keeping It Real" - photo shoot featurette
- "On the move with Jason Bourne" travelogue featurette
- 10 minutes of deleted scenes

Overall: The fantastic fast-paced sequel to the fantastic fast-paced thriller is now a DVD packed with bonus extras. As said in the previous review, these films leave nothing to be desired. The film: 10/10; the DVD 10/10. Definitely a must-buy DVD. One of the best film of 2004. Enter the new year with this fabulous movie in your collection! eek!

MornGlory
is this movie any good?

Mane
It's excellent. One of my favorites.

SlipknoT
I'll rent it first, I didnt get a chance to see it in theaters

MildPossession
Yep good dvd to an excellent film.

<<Solo>>
Great DVD. The last car chase sequence was amazing. Easily one of my favorite action films. thumb up

cal31
Very dissapointed in the movie. The camera shots were horrible and the only good part was the car chase at the end.

miahera
yes yes. the camera was just getting me dizzy sick possibly for this reason I like the first one better.

Mane
I loved the camera style. It made it feel so much more real and gritty.

Solo
Agreed. I don't see what you think is so bad about the camera style in this movie Cal. The camera style made the movie so much more realistic and fast,IMO.

cal31
But the point of a fight scene is to actually be able to see the fight not blurs on the screen. It wasn't just the fight scenes, but also just long profile shots that were off center and unfocused, it might be cool to some, but to me it was just flat out sloppy and ruined the whole experience for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.