What was your first DVD?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlipknoT
Hmm, I got a DVD player about 3 years ago and I didnt really start collecting DVD's all that much untill about last Winter, but my first DVD was probably Lord of The Fly's or Friday the 13th. What was your first DVD?

Mane
Black Hawk Down

Shaolin Monk
pretty sure the first copy i actually owned of a non-bootleg DVD was Saving Private Ryan

MornGlory
Never Been Kissed - i got my first DVD player in 1999 -

there wasnt a lot of DVDs to pick from when I got my dvd player

i use to really like that movie

Cinemaddiction
It was winter of 2000 when I got my first DVD player. An basic RCA, and I got it when I signed up for MSN at Best Buy and they had an offer when you get MSN for a year, you recieved a $250 gift card. I got the DVD player, a vaccuum, and a few DVDs including "Friday", "The Matrix", and a few others.

Sadly, that DVD player literally fried after a while, and I still only had like 10 movies back then, lol.

dean7879
ali g bling bling

T.M
wow this is tricky...

i can't even remember most of my DVD's lol....

i think it was most probably Bad Boys or From Dusk Till Dawn. ( just a guess )

The Ones
my first DVD was star wars episode 1.

Jackie Malfoy
I am happy to say Star wars box collection was my first dvd I ever goten!WHy becaues it is the best movie of all time!JM

shangheid
Gladiator

MildPossession
The first dvds I got were Reservoir Dogs, Rebel Without A Cause and From Dusk Till Dawn. Got those when I bought the dvd player.

<<Solo>>
Once Upon A Time In Mexico

shangheid
Man that's not very old eaither

<<Solo>>
I know, I just started buying.

Dr. Strangelove
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Joker1237
Ben-Hur easy. Yes I a big Heston fan. lol. The 2nd movie was the ten comments.

Wolfie
Dude, Where's my Car?

My parents got me a DVD player for Christmas because the movie was only available on DVD at the time.

Machete_Guy
My big fat greek wedding erm. Came in some pack.

ladygrim
i borrowed last house on the left of a pal never return ..
but the first one i bought myself was pirates of the caribbean

tabby999
Slipknot - Disasterpeices. bought it same day as buying my DVD player....3 years ago. 2 maybe. dunno

SlipknoT
thumb up

tabby999
yeah it rocks like a mother f-cker

vaya_the_elf
Vampire hunter D(which my cousin never gave back), and also got at the same time The Emperor's new Groove

tabby999
i love Emperors New Groove. its gnarly, makes me laugh so hard

Reborn Again
Gladiator. 5 yrs ago. And I didn't even own a DVD player at the time.

Smasandian
Oceans 11. It came free with the DVD player. I had about 35 of them until a couple of days before Christmas, somebody kicked in my door, and stole all of them except Jackass's, Godfater Trilogy and Band of Brothers Boxed Set.
So now, no more DVD's. So the first one I bought after the break in was JFK.

SlipknoT
Id kill someone if they stole My DVD's

Smasandian
Yah, it was pretty crappy. They also stole jewerly, my first ever guitar 500 value and my walkman.
Whenever I hear somebody say they got caught for B and E, Robbery... i want to punch them in the face.

furryman
Final Destination

Genocide Ace
My first DVD was "ScarFace"

Continues to be the most watched also.

Time Of Evil
I can't remember but if i have a guess it was...... Harry potter and the chamber of secrets

Xtremechik2
Scary Movie 2

DVDFREAK
i got my dvd player the 2nd day they came out.I remember a guy at work bought one and he told me how much better it was than laser disc so i scraped some money together and bought a player for $400,and i bought 9 movies,the same day i got the player.not sure which one i bought first but i bought conspiracy theory,austin powers,lethal weapon 1,cant remember what other ones,when i bought my player,i cant remember if it was 200 or 2000,but thats how many movies were available in dvd format.

WindDancer
Enter The Dragon.

Beastro
laughing

With a $250 giftcard why didnt you get a really good one?

LanİeWindu™
Mortal Kombat/Mortal Kombat Annihilation

hayden's minx
Verticle Limit, but it came with the dvd player.

KillerChuckels
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy yeah that was the third best trilogy of all time, First STAR WARS, Second LOTR

Jeff-Man
Fellowship of the Ring
and Spider-man 1

slinger
I was 11 when I got my first DVD, now I'm 15. My first DVD was... The Big Hit. Not the best movie in the world, but it is a fun one.

Napalm
Shrek

Broken Wing
Walking Tall (original)

Miss_Faye
Stigmata for 5.99 HA!!

botankus
Starship Troopers and The Bear.

Drumdude1167
The Perfect Storm, with George Clooney

jon84
Hmm... Fritz the cat & the ''nine lives of'' fritz the cat were my first dvds, i bought them on the same day for 30 bucks at A&B sound when i was living in canada.

gentmax
My first ones were 'Braveheart' and 'The Dark Crystal'.

SlickRick69
The first DVD I ever owned was Lord of the Rings: Fellowships of the Rings EE It was given to me as a gift when it first came out, like what 5 years ago... which was 5 years before I even owned a DVD player!!

so, i had this great DVD and could never watch it because at the time I had 400 VHS and didn't want to switch up to DVD after all that investment in VHS...

now, 5 years later, I have learned the error of my ways, and have a DVD collection in the 200s+, which now rivals my defunct and dwindling VHS collection...

YAY!! progress and technology!!!
YAY! Capitalism!

Norma Jean
4 Years ago.

Leggy_n_Merry
My first DVDs I think were Scooby Doo and one of the Friends ones, but that was only coz I had them free with broadband. I think the first one I had out of choice was Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition aswell big grin

ashtonsNO1fan
I GOT MY FIRST DVD LAST YEAR (WELL THAT WAS ACTUALLY MINE I STILL LIVE AT HOME)
MY FIRST DVD WAS JUST MARRIED

OB1-adobe
Metallica: cunning stunts

kblixt
Mine first DVD was Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery

DarthLazious
The Peacemaker

MildPossession

The Ones
Star Wars: episode 1. i got my PS2 and i loved ep1 on video. then i heard about episode 1 on dvd then i got it.

Myth
I think mine was Young Master (Jackie Chan)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.