OMG! SOAD should sue Sum 41

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Listen to Sum 41's "We're All to Blame". It is a complete copy of two System of a Down songs mixed together (rythm). It has the tune of both "Forest" and "Chop Suey" along with hints of other songs (I noticed in one section towards the beginning a guitar part very similar to "Boom"wink. Those bastards. I hated Sum 41 before but now I'm pissed.

MornGlory
I like Sum 41

for reason they stick to me like a bad case of herpes

Myth
Well, I'd agree that they would be comparable to a bad case of herpes all right.

MornGlory
i like the song Fat Lip = cant help it

i seriously dont hear Chop Suey in All to Blame...

if you say that about that song... then there are millions of songs sampling from each other..

Bad Boy
The song structure is exactly the same to Chop Suey..... but Chop Suey is hardly original itself!

gwiinlgleirn
you're right. At first I thought it was bull but then I re-listened to all 3 of the songs and now I completely agree.

Bad Boy
It's just a song dude! Everyone does it!

furryman
RHCP ripped off Jeff Buckley but who cares stick out tongue

Myth
Let me guess, you are a Sum fan.

ElectricBugaloo
Dozens of bands have ripped off Jeff Buckley over the years.

And hundreds have ripped off The Beatles.

MornGlory
Oasis ripped off the Beatles a bunch of times -- but no one really cares--

lots of people rip of the Beatles

ElectricBugaloo
When I heard taht Oasis said that their next album would be even more Beatles influenced, I replied, "So it's a covers album?"

MornGlory
WHAT!! dont say that!!!!!!!!!!cry sad

I thought they were writing all new songs - that is what I have been hearing for over a year now...

I wish they would stop fighting and hurry up with their new album!

Ringo Star's son is their new drummer - even i liked thier old drummer

Korri
There is one Sum 41 song...cant remember the name and frankly, i couldnt give to shits..but it is a complete ripp off of the spannish guitar at the begining off Battery.

well, if they cant write something original, their own fault....get lost we hate you (oh im speaking on behalf of myself here embarrasment)

MornGlory
maybe they do that on purpose

there are hundreds of songs that sample from each other...

Bad Boy
Yeah I might be, just saying that it's just a song! Knowing Sum 41, it's probably another one of those homages!

You don't see me going nuts when someone rips off a song I like.

The time to go nuts is when you hear a signed artist play a riff that is EXACTLY the same as yours..... Bullet For My Valentine, I'm looking in your direction!

Myth
Its one thing to make a homage. But I honestly don't think that is what they are doing in this case. Btw: "but Chop Suey is hardly original itself". Which song are they ripping off exactly?

Bad Boy
Didn't say it was ripping off a song, just the whole heavy then soft then heavy then soft structure has been used loads of times.

Besides, it's just a song! Both songs are good! Wayhey!

MornGlory
I like Fat Lip

Myth
Ok, but what I am saying is that the cords themselves are stolen from SOAD in that Sum song.

Darth Revan
Chords...

Wow, it sounds like SOAD with a crappy vocalist and the soft parts slightly less interesting than SOAD does...

MornGlory
I will have to actually listen to these 2 songs back to back - i really have noticed this before...

Bad Boy
The A D G F progression has been used countless times. I personally think it's a coincidence.

Myth
The thing is that if it sounded similar to one song, I may think coincidence. But sounding like 2 different songs from one band seems WAY too suspiscious.

Morning_Glory
i really dont hear the similiarities?? no expression

i still like sum 41

Myth
I'm amazed that you can't but it must be because I listen to SOAD so much that I noticed it.

Morning_Glory
I will listen to it again.. and again and again...

Caribbean_Chick
It's hard to be original these days with all the the music out there.. different chord patterns r obviously going to be repeated the same way in more then 1 song

Tho I've also heard of Sum41's songs sounding like something from Green Day too.. I can't recall which

But I'm not going to say anything bad about Sum41.. my friend is Dave Bashks little sis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.