This is the Absolute Truth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophicus

Philosophicus

peterKSL
why are you torturing us to read your "life story"?

frodo34x
There is a biography section in your profile...

Storm
This doesn' t seem to be a biography to me, more reflections where we can respond to.

MornGlory
yawn there is no way I am going to read all that blink

leonheartmm
philosophicus, u might think u have answers to questions that u asked urself, u might think that u are lost and have finally found ur true self, u might think that u are misunderstood and see things in ways other people can not even imagine, but what u fail to see is that in trying to widen ur horizons, in trying to understand things, u have simply gone on a single track wich wont lead u anywhere,in other words in trying to think freely u have gottena one track mind, it is best to look at the simple things first for they are the most important, indeed u would not have to ask or answer many questions to begin with if u understand or perhaps devote urself to more basic and simpler ideas.

moviejunkie23
i am not gonna rip on you man, you sound very poetic in some of your lines i liked it. I think you should write a novel in this manor and describe your characters and backgrounds and situations like you describe your philosophy. It would be very entertaing I think big grin

carnival_junkie

Philosophicus
To peterKSL who wrote "why are you torturing us to read your ""life story""?" - Don't waste your time with philosophy if you can't ask an intellectual question, and stay quite if you don't have something meaningful to say.
To frodo34X - Are you intimidated by a real, intensively contemplated philosophical problem in which I endeavored to establish a meaning? Comments like yours are typical of unintellectual individuals not capable of philosophical thought.
To Storm - Thank you. You seem to be one of the few who actually belong to the philosophical mind set we need in a forum such as this one.
I welcome your opinions and criticism.
To MornGlory - I feel sorry for you. Are you a slow reader or a slow brainer?
To leonheartmm - Simpler and more basic ideas as you put it, are for the simple minds with only basic capabilities. Anyway, I have arrived at my current point of thought after exhausting all 'simple' and 'basic' propositions and consequently taking on more advanced intellectual problems. Philosophy is not simple and basic - it involves the most complex intellectual problems posed to the mind.
To moviejunkie23 - Thanks for the compliment, I'll really consider your suggestion. I'm also glad that you find (my) philosophy entertaining, unlike these other idiots who don't belong here.
To carnival junkie - Rather watch cartoons then. The infantile mind(?) is always bored with the endeavors of intellectuals and vice versa.

42Bardock
I am happy that you like philosophy and that you thought aboot many things, even though I think sometimes even in philosophy there are simple things, but maybe you could step back from attacking memebers personally it's not necessary I think.

Philosophicus
I respect what you say. Do you know why I don't attack you personally? Because you're comments don't merit such response - I only attack others personally when they exhibit needless and disrespectful comment. The members whom I've "attacked personally" are those who were rude themselves in their replies or who have wasted their breaths with useless and weightless criticism as you can see above.

peterKSL
jokes are not prohibited in forums....

Philosophicus
Does anyone else here thinks that my philosophy is as KharmaDog describes it:

"You do the subject of philosophy no favours by trying to wrap it up in psuedo-intellectaul mumbo jumbo." ?

It seems that Storm and moviejunkie23 does NOT think so:

Storm: "This doesn' t seem to be a biography to me, more reflections where we can respond to."
moviejunkie23: "i am not gonna rip on you man, you sound very poetic in some of your lines i liked it. I think you should write a novel in this manor and describe your characters and backgrounds and situations like you describe your philosophy. It would be very entertaing I think "

Also look at how unoriginal kharmadog is: "Philosphy is the investigation of the nature, causes, or principles of reality, knowledge, or values, based on logical reasoning rather than empirical methods. Logical reasoning dictates that soundwaves still carry in our atmosphere even though you may not be there to hear them. Common Sense dictates that you are not the center of the universe and things actually do happen when you are not around."

- he/she uses concepts like 'logic', 'empirical' and 'common sense'(philosophy is not common sense, then anyone would've been a philosopher) which is borrowed from Aristotle(logic) and Hume(empiricism). A philosopher must be original and not restate what philosophers before him has already said - that is not philosophy. Come up with your own original ideas and only then criticise others.

Well, to those who thinks it's "pseudo-intellectual mumbo jumbo", I would just like to say that you will feel exactly the same after you've read the complex philosophies of say, Sartre, Kant, Wittgenstein, Ayer, Hegel, etc. The point is that if you experience it as mumbo jumbo then you don't understand what you are reading - just because it's complicated doesn't mean it's meant to confuse or all just sound and fury - complex matters requires complex and in depth analyses.

HarmonicFlo88
He's right here, you can joke all you want HOWEVER this is a philosophy forum where a lot of stuff is serious. PM your jokes...its pointless to type them in his thread. it is clear he went thru a lot of trouble typing all of that. he must believe in it deeply. i admit it is a lot to read and honestly i have not read it myself but i'm not going to attack him because it is HIS thread...it doesn't bother me in any way. just leave this thread and read another much shorter one if you can't read long posts. to insult him in HIS thread for writing a lot or on his views or writing his life story.. is down right disrespectful, and i'm glad he "attacked them personally".

Philosophicus
Thanks HarmonicFlo88 for standing up for me and for thinking intelligently, this is the kind of attitude we need here too argue about philosophy. I really did went through months of deep thought to produce the posts which others think is too long or just plain mumbo jumbo. I believe in it very sincerely...it's my whole life.

Philosophicus
The absolute truth is equal to the most relative falseness.

KharmaDog
I am impressed to see that you feel that I warrant so much of your attention philo. If I can be such an muse to your rantings then perhaps I deserve more your gratitude than your loathing.

Also, as a Philosophy professor, you should know where I got that "unoriginal" definition of philosophy.

Perhaps the misunderstanding that occurs with some when they read your thoughts has more to do with the way they are presented than than they do with the intellectual capacity of the reader. A personal attack against me does little to prove your theories.

Fire
Guys cut out the personal attacks and get back to the point

WindDancer
As Fire mention please cease the any personal attacks. If this gets out of hand or people lose control the thread will be closed.

Philosophicus
I've already appologized and am truely sorry. Only kharmadog seems to be carrying on with this. I even made an attempt to get back to the topic as you can see in my recent posts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.