TV replays in football(Soccer)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

T.M
Should TV replays be introduced in football?

i am still totally against the idea even after what happened at the Man Utd - Spurs game.

what do all of u think?

i was going to make this a poll but i don't know how lol no expression

pr1983
i'm a united fan and even i can admit spurs were robbed. tv replays have to be brought in, simple as that...

T.M
I am also a Man Utd fan. and yes spurs were unlucky but IMO this is all part of the game and replays would just slow the game down because ref's would use it all the time.

pr1983
i dont see why they cant have a fifth official watching on a screen, he can be hooked up to the ref... he can tell by tv, use that sky+ thing, wouldnt be difficult...

T.M
yeah but this will have to be at every level of the game and putting Sky+ in and employing more ref's which they will have to do will just cost money. And after the game the pundits talking will be boring it will just be that was a good goal, this was a boring game etc. Bad decisions are a part of football IMO.

pr1983
i see what u mean, but imagine if it was in a relegation battle or champions league final...

Fire
heard somewhere today the FiFa is gonna do experiments with a chip in the balle to see wether or not the ball has past the goal line

dean7879
just get an assistant to stand right by the goals ...that way they could see wether the ball crosses the line and could have better views on to whether it is handball in the box

yerssot
I'm not sure how big the fault of the umpires were... one at the sideline is clear of course since he was on the other side, and judging by where the others were, they would have had a hard time seeing where exactly the line of the goal was. But it's clear that it was a goal of course

T.M
Fire = i cant see that catching on it is highly technological and as fifa said it will have to be in all the levels and i cant see a really poor team being able to install and mangage it.

Dean = i cant see anyone wanting to stand by the goals for 90 mins can u. and what if like Man Utd were attacking Spurs like anything all game pretty much and the guy by the Man Utd goal will be very cold at this time of year lol.

Fire
well I don't think it would cost that much (price of match balls would be a tad higher and 4 tiny sensors in the two goals)

T.M
but someone has to come up with a thing that will work 100% of the time. and i don't think it will be to easy.

dark1365
I like the one where the guy gets kicked in the nuts. Laughed my head off.

Samas-adian
FOX Sports added sensors in a hockey puck for one season. It was there for people to follow the puck and it turned into a fireball when somebody shot it. It was stupid.

Hockey has a goal judge. But sometimes, thier vision gets obscure and they cant see the puck in the net. They use video replay to determine if its a goal or not. If hockey can do it, football can. All they have to do is put a camera in the net or behind it. Thats all.

Man U game, the umpire wasnt a fault. The shot was from the middle of the field and got there to early from the tell if it was a goal or not.

pr1983
stop calling them umpires please... they're linesmen...

something needs to be done though...

baracustastic

Fire
well the FiFa is in a big fit about this one it will take a while I assume

T.M
PR1983 the umpire thing is kinda annoying lol

they supposed to be testing the camara thing out in the carling cup final but sure they sould try it now cause what if there is no need for it in that game ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.