Arwen's Necklace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Halissa
Sorry to bother you all about this, but I was wondering...is the necklace which Arwen gave Aragorn really called Evenstar? I thought Evenstar was one of Arwen's many names, and the necklace didn't really have a name, but it seems elsewhere it keeps getting called the Evenstar necklace. If it really is called the Evenstar, then could someone tell me where in the books it says? I can't find it.

Exa

Halissa
Thank you for clarifying that for me. It just got on my nerves.

spookey
i read somewhere that either her mom or gladriel was the morning star and gave then name evenstar to her.........i have the pendant and its my pride possesion....

Kitoky
Well Celebrimbor {thanks shadowy} gave Galadriel the Evenstar because he loved/liked her. Then I think Galadriel passed it down I guess. confused

Elf stuff isn't my thing.

Exa
The Morning Star (as also Evenstar big grin ) was a name of her father's father big grin Earendil again.

Actually I cant really remember the Evenstar in the book messed *confuzzled* only the Elessar and the White Star Arwen gave to Frodo smile ... the Elessar was the one given to Galadriel by Celebrimbor, but it was green, an emerald, held by a silver eagle... the stone itself was a copy of the Elessar of Gondolin that belonged to the mother (Idril) of the father (Earendil...) of Arwens father, Elrond ^^ fashioned by one of the greates jewellry-smiths in Gondolin, Enerdhil, and its said to look like sun shining though spring leaves... but... well that wasnt the Evenstar I think big grin

Kitoky
.......Exa *whines* my head hurts.

shadowy_blue
Oh yes Exa..LOL..big grin There wasn't an Evenstar in the book. Just Undomiel's translation...LOL..(mixed-up again messed ) it was in the Unfinished Tales, right? The story about Celebrimbor and Galadriel and the whole necklace thing. big grin

*stupid Galadriel...she should just have left Celeborn and went with Celebrimbor* shifty

Celebrimbor was so much cooler and better, dang it! mad

Anyways, I just had some connecting playing game in my mind again. stick out tongue Celebrimbor is Curufin's son, son of Feanor. Then Galadriel is Finarfin's daughter. Feanor and Finarfin are half-brothers, so...Galadriel and Curufin are cousins, so, technically, Celebrimbor is Galadriel's nephew. laughing stick out tongue

Kitoky
You think too much. laughing

shadowy_blue
Nooo!! I messed up! Galadriel and Celebrimbor are half-cousins once removed. smile

..or is it? messed

Are they cousins or nephews and aunt? I'm confused. messed

Kitoky
........Does it have to be accurate? We know they're related atleast. Good grief.

shadowy_blue
Yes. I have to know what's right since I'm talking about it already. 'Nyways, this is kinda off-topic already. Sorry.

Exa

Kitoky
Celeborn is just like.......

What the f**k?

Exa
*agrees* yes yes

But Celebrimbor... he's cool smile

I just wondered... Celeborn is NEVER mentioned as an active person, is he? I mean like, practically each of the elves did something, but Celeborn is never really present... like in the First Age when Galadriel stays in Doriath with him messed

Kitoky
Seems the way in the movies he was perfectly portrayed...

And did you know in the credits they marked Martin Csokas{Celeborn} as the King of the Dead and Wiki?

Exa

Kitoky
Maybe they played Wiki at different parts?

Exa
Probably, I think there was also at least one more actor for Wiki... *looks it up*

shadowy_blue
Yeah, and I also thought they used Mark Ferguson (Gil-Galad for Wiki) messed

And about Celeborn, you're both right. That's also been bothering me from the book, when I've read LOTR, I've already noticed how a very boring character he was, and when I was just starting with Sil, I thought he will have a major part in it and redeem himself, I was waiting and waiting to read all about him but.....messed meh...that's why I've wondered after that why Galadriel chose him over Celebrimbor. mad And yes, in the movie, he's boring too. Especially in FOTR TC, at least in the EE he's got a little more to do. And in the Grey Havens scene? He was just...there. messed

Kitoky
If you look in my Favorite Actor's list you can see what I think about him. big grin

shadowy_blue
*looks at Kit's profile*

^^ laughing laughing

Kitoky
He was though, he was just absolutely boring.

'zzzzzzzzzzzz'

Well I must be off, good night!

Exa
I also thought so... well... confusing confused

Perhaps she wedded him before she got to know Celebrimbor... I mean she already seems to have known Cele in Valinor and wedded him in the First Age... and Celebrimbor mainly appears in the Second Age though he must be born in the First Age... in one version he is also an elf from Gondolin and already loved her in the First Age... but I think he just came too late sad no poor guy, such a great smith and everything and so friendly and the killed far too early, tormented and murdered... sad

Whew his Sindarin... scary messed messed

LOL big grin that seems to be his fav hobby... just... being there big grin

Kitoky
That's what I was thinking Exa.

Halissa
Ah...reading throught the posts after this made a bit of sense. I haven't got around to reading Unfinished Tales or whatever it is yet, so I probably should do that, hey? Hmm...currently I'm re-reading LotR, so I'll have a look out for that necklace in it. My friend has one...I want to steal it off her but she won't give it up. Darn.

Kitoky
Wow we came from the convo of the Evenstar to Celeborn. Dunno how THAT happened.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.