BBC LOTR radio production in thirteen episodes!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaber
Who has listened to the thirteen episode BBC radio production of LOTR? It was absolutely brilliant! rock It was directed by Jane Morgan stick out tongue

The ONLY thing wrong with it was the actor who voiced Aragorn (Robert Stephens) who could barely even speak... Montenssen is immeasurably superior to him!
Anyone heard it? It is the reason I know LOTR by heart now.

Real feedback only please!

Smodden
whats bbc? sory

telcontar

aniron
is it still on? if so when, and what time?

telcontar
im not sure if its still on but i know that u can buy it on cd and tape from places like ottakers and i think also Virgin, HMV and poosibly WH Smiths

aniron
kk

pip-foot
hmm. I think i may be able to check it out from teh library. i listened to a dramatized hobbit by BBc and it was wonderful. I shall go look @ the library tommarow stick out tongue

telcontar
stick out tongue, i havent heard the BBC version but ive got another version, its read by Rob Inglis and its the whole book. its the only version tht has the whole book, its really gud for long journeys if you dont want to read.

I think i also might have to either buy or rent the BBc version

shaber
The BBC version has lots of different voice actors. stick out tongue Peter Woodthorpe as Gollum is a riot! Michael Horden is perfect for Gandalf, because he has a very respectable sounding voice. I aslo liked the way Peter Howell voiced Saruman, especially during the final confrontation with Saruman of Many Colours at Orthanc.

I have it on Casettes (thirteen cassettes) Nowadays it is available on DVDs/CDs

shaber
I have the BBC Hobbit dramatisation (in four episodes) too and it's great, I used to listen to it whenever I could, but their LOTR is five hundred times better.

PippinTook
confused So what EXACTLY is BBC??? And what are you people talking about??? I'm confused...

Ushgarak
British Broadcasting Corporation. It's the UK's national television/radio station.

And yes, the audio version is very good. Ian Holm, of course, plays Frodo, hence him landing the role of Bilbo in the films.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.