The Sentry vs Sliver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
Marvels two biggest "supermen" going head to head

leonheartmm
sentry wins without even lifting a finger

snoopdogg
Isnt Sentry powered by solar energy? Surfer can just aborb it. Or is it just to Superman he can do that?

ScarletSpider
We haven't seen enough of Sentry to really know what he can do. He has the basic set of Super-Man powers, but is still vastly untapped. He isn't directly powered by solar energy, at least not so far that we know. He has the serum which phases him ia second into the future, endowing him a hyperstate of consciousness, and the power of a million exploding suns.

lightaxe
how?

juggernaut74
Well Sentry is a unknown character and Marvel can do anything they want with him. But just going by what I know of him so far I would have to say the Good ol noble Norrin Radd pulls this one off.

KillAll
where has "sentry" appeared??

juggernaut74
Hes in the New Avengers series. He just kicked Carnages @ss. He flew into space and tore him in Half.

picoico
Sentry is too much of an unkown, however there is no evidence that his powers are at 'cosmic' levels. He is bitchin strong though...and ya gotta give props to that.

As for Carnage, that's EXACTLY how Radd should have taken him out...a big time smack upside his ugly head...however I guess the Spider-man writers wanted Surfer to indirectly whine and nag him to death with all his 'torment' and stuff...ugh...

leonheartmm
QUESTION: does radd have the power of a MILLION "EXPLODING" SUNS?

Mainstream
I don't know....maybe hunderd thousand sun...maybe

CaptainStoic
I still think the Sentry is fully resistant to anything that the Surfer can throw at him... I mean Bob has the power of more than one sun within him correct?

I would surmise that the Surfer's power cosmic would feed him if he were to blast him (hence the reason why Terrax's power cosmic was nullified).

The Surfer has yet to show that he can fight, and I believe that if he was stripped off his power cosmic, any bum on the street could flatten him out.

Sentry ftw.

SuperiorTech
Surfer ftw

tkitna
Sentry

carnage52
sentry

skyfather
surfer easy

psycho gundam
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I still think the Sentry is fully resistant to anything that the Surfer can throw at him... I mean Bob has the power of more than one sun within him correct?

I would surmise that the Surfer's power cosmic would feed him if he were to blast him (hence the reason why Terrax's power cosmic was nullified).

The Surfer has yet to show that he can fight, and I believe that if he was stripped off his power cosmic, any bum on the street could flatten him out.

Sentry ftw. same can be said about superman while de-powered, or hulk as bruce banner. the thing is, surfer can't be de-powered by sentry so it's a moot point. wink

---------------------------------------

the fight with king hulk at the end of wwh was imo underwhelming, i personally think the artist/writers should have put more into their struggle since they are "supposed to be" the most powerful creatures on earth. they should have made a 5 part comic solely devoted to their battle...in epic detail, and far more destruction.
that's why most people underestimate their respective power, the artist didn't go all out like he/she should have.

Endrict Nuul
SS stomps.

Priest
The Silver Surfer wins.

Priest

Sentry ftw.
Your whole argument is based on what you wish Sentry can do.
What the f**k? Absorbing the power Cosmic...Helk, Sentry hasen't shown that he can absorb UV rays like Superman. You logic is pretrty flawed my friend.

There is a huge difference in power between Terax and Morg in case you don't remember.

Surfer wins, He's faster, more durable, and has plenty of exotic powers that can give him a win against Sentry..

Harbinger
Sentry loses.

Lord S
Two words: Power Cosmic.

Metalmanx
Hah. Surfer wins every time.

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

Avlon
Surfer wins.

CaptainStoic
The Sentry wins this, and until some new cosmic mucka muck or the Surfer can prove that the power cosmic can even affect Sentry... Bob goes on winning this.

The Cosmic Cube was a huge clue as to how resistant Bob is to cosmic forces ok! cool .

I'll tell you what... Bob's gonna use Norrin as toilet paper ok! smile

Utrigita
Silver Surfer for the win.

Bouboumaster
Surfer

Lord S
Originally posted by leonheartmm
QUESTION: does radd have the power of a MILLION "EXPLODING" SUNS? Does Sentry have that power? Uh no.

It's a figurative statement.

Anyone who has read the first Sentry mini knows that the 'power of a million exploding suns' was what it felt like to Bob when he drank the serum. Doesn't mean that he actually HAS that power.

occultdestroyer
Sliver

Soljer
Surfer. Stomps.

OneDumbG0
^ Based. On?

Soljer
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Based. On?

These.

OneDumbG0
^ What a coincidence. I based my opinion that Silver Surfer would not stomp Sentry based on those too.

Enyalus
Ultron once referred to Sentry as having the power of a thousand exploding suns. No one corrected her. So, I'm fairly sure the million exploding suns statement is hyperbole.

If Sentry is resistant to Power Cosmic on the massive scale that SS wields it, obviously Sentry will own. However, that hasn't been proven. Terrax got destroyed badly by Gamora, FFS.

Silver Surfer, 7/10.

snyper1982

Sentry ftw.

Why did you resurrect this dead for over three years thread? Are you going for the forum necromancer title? smile

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by snyper1982
Why did you resurrect this dead for over three years thread? Are you going for the forum necromancer title? smile

Well I was going to launch one of my own, but I decided to use the first one ever created.

Endrict Nuul
The Sentry wins this, and until some new cosmic mucka muck or the Surfer can prove that the power cosmic can even affect Sentry... Bob goes on winning this.

The Cosmic Cube was a huge clue as to how resistant Bob is to cosmic forces ok! cool .

I'll tell you what... Bob's gonna use Norrin as toilet paper ok! smile

sick laughing you are too funny.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
sick laughing you are too funny.

The fact that the Surfer tapped into the Hulks gamma spawned form, and in turn depowered him in their first meeting shows that the Surfer needs to utilise his power cosmic in order to manipulate beings on Sentry's level.

There are beings that he can not tap, or siphon power from, one being in particular is Thanos, another being is Sentry.

Going off of Sentry's very powerset, we have learned that he uses his vast psychic powers to keep his physical form in a cohesive state. Sentry has shown that he does possess these psy powers as he erased his entire history from the knowledge of all beings on earth iirc.

This in turn means that he Silver Surfer would in fact not be able to tap into the Sentry's power reserve, and that he would need to take this fight to the physical stage.

I would hope that many would agree that a Cosmic Cube outputs more cosmic energy than the Silver Surfer ever could.

The Sentry when battling Ultron showed how resistant he was to enegetic assaults, he did the same when it came to the Mutant Collective being.

He took Terraxs assault like he was taking a shower. If anyone would care to glance or re-read his mini, you will recall Terrax saying "impossible", and the lines that contorted his face as he gave his all to destroy Bob... Terrax isn't the type to hold back in a fight. Terrax and Black Adam are cut from the same cloth, they fight to win even if someone has to die for said victory.

The Silver Surfer would have to get physical, and this is where and when he would lose, and I mean as badly as he lost to Morg in their first battle... broken, busted, and disgusted.

Sentry will kill him.

Endrict Nuul
The fact that the Surfer tapped into the Hulks gamma spawned form, and in turn depowered him in their first meeting shows that the Surfer needs to utilise his power cosmic in order to manipulate beings on Sentry's level.

There are beings that he can not tap, or siphon power from, one being in particular is Thanos, another being is Sentry.

Going off of Sentry's very powerset, we have learned that he uses his vast psychic powers to keep his physical form in a cohesive state. Sentry has shown that he does possess these psy powers as he erased his entire history from the knowledge of all beings on earth iirc.

This in turn means that he Silver Surfer would in fact not be able to tap into the Sentry's power reserve, and that he would need to take this fight to the physical stage.

I would hope that many would agree that a Cosmic Cube outputs more cosmic energy than the Silver Surfer ever could.

The Sentry when battling Ultron showed how resistant he was to enegetic assaults, he did the same when it came to the Mutant Collective being.

He took Terraxs assault like he was taking a shower. If anyone would care to glance or re-read his mini, you will recall Terrax saying "impossible", and the lines that contorted his face as he gave his all to destroy Bob... Terrax isn't the type to hold back in a fight. Terrax and Black Adam are cut from the same cloth, they fight to win even if someone has to die for said victory.

The Silver Surfer would have to get physical, and this is where and when he would lose, and I mean as badly as he lost to Morg in their first battle... broken, busted, and disgusted.

Sentry will kill him.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

darthgoober
How does that show that he HAS to manipulate beings on Sentry's level? If anything, it would only indicate that his Power Cosmic CAN be used on being that are on that level.

And for the record... you're wrong. See this was actually the FIRST confrontation between the two and as you can see there's not only no energy manipulation of Hulk's internal energy going on, but Hulk ends up being physically KO'd by Surfer's board...

The instance that you're thinking of happened later in the comics. And Surfer didn't do it because he HAD to, he did it out of mercy when the Hulk was already KO'd...

Proof that there's ANYONE Surfer can't drain energy from? His not doing it in every fight doesn't mean that he can't just that he doesn't in that particular instance. By the same token, Sentry not using super speed against an opponent doesn't directly indicate that Sentry's speed won't be effective, it just means he went with another tactic. As I just showed, Surfer KO'd the Hulk without doing it and then did it later on so we know that his ending a confrontation without it in no way indicates that he can't use it successfully.

Also, proof that Sentry's power can't be drained will suffice if you can't find any negative showings for Surfer.

The problem is that Surfer's got some nifty psi powers himself(that are far less ambiguous) as well as feats involving the direct absorption and manipulation of psychic energy, so even if what you're saying was true Surfer could still tap it.

And going off his powerset... Surfer can do pretty much ANYTHING.

Except that all Sentry did was "contain" it by holding it in his hand, and that's something that's also been accomplished by Red Skull. It's unclear what Sentry did exactly which makes it an impressive but unquantifiable feat(and everybody has those to their credit).

Neither of those guys have the feats to stack up to Surfer.

Terrax is a joke and has been taken down by the New Warriors and also by Gamora and has been repeatedly humiliated by Surfer. I'll take a consistent portrayal of abilities over a one time feat any day.

So he can trade shots with someone who has the combined powers of Gladiator and the Uniforce and can shake off all the damage that classic Wonderman(who's punching power is on par with Thor's) and a Bannerless Hulk can dish out, but you think that Sentry's going to have an easy time if it goes h2h... laughing out loud .

Sentry will kill him.
And then wake up and realise that Surfer KO'd him an hour earlier and he'd been dreaming every since.

Alucard25
Originally posted by darthgoober
How does that show that he HAS to manipulate beings on Sentry's level? If anything, it would only indicate that his Power Cosmic CAN be used on being that are on that level.

And for the record... you're wrong. See this was actually the FIRST confrontation between the two and as you can see there's not only no energy manipulation of Hulk's internal energy going on, but Hulk ends up being physically KO'd by Surfer's board...

The instance that you're thinking of happened later in the comics. And Surfer didn't do it because he HAD to, he did it out of mercy when the Hulk was already KO'd...

Proof that there's ANYONE Surfer can't drain energy from? His not doing it in every fight doesn't mean that he can't just that he doesn't in that particular instance. By the same token, Sentry not using super speed against an opponent doesn't directly indicate that Sentry's speed won't be effective, it just means he went with another tactic. As I just showed, Surfer KO'd the Hulk without doing it and then did it later on so we know that his ending a confrontation without it in no way indicates that he can't use it successfully.

Also, proof that Sentry's power can't be drained will suffice if you can't find any negative showings for Surfer.

The problem is that Surfer's got some nifty psi powers himself(that are far less ambiguous) as well as feats involving the direct absorption and manipulation of psychic energy, so even if what you're saying was true Surfer could still tap it.

Except that all Sentry did was "contain" it by holding it in his hand, and that's something that's also been accomplished by Red Skull. It's unclear what Sentry did exactly which makes it an impressive but unquantifiable feat(and everybody has those to their credit).

Terrax is a joke and has been taken down by the New Warriors and also by Gamora and has been repeatedly humiliated by Surfer. I'll take a consistent portrayal of abilities over a one time feat any day.

So he can trade shots with someone who has the combined powers of Gladiator and the Uniforce and can shake off all the damage that classic Wonderman(who's punching power is on par with Thor's) and a Bannerless Hulk can dish out, but you think that Sentry's going to have an easy time if it goes h2h... laughing out loud .

And then wake up and realise that Surfer KO'd him an hour earlier and he'd been dreaming every since.

Excellent Post thumb up

Alucard25

Sentry will kill him.

No Surfer has taken out Hulk without Gamma tricks before.Yeah Surfer>>>>Terrax in about everything so Sentry taking Terrax's assault really doesn't amount to much,not to mention the fact that Terrax is one of the biggest jobbers in comics one minute he is blowing up planets the next he is losing to Iron Man.

The Great Galen
Power cosmic isnt effective on Sentry as proven in the terrax fight. Besides Sentrys striking power rivals WWH so wouldnt SS be at a great disadvantage confronting him in close quarters.

joshypooh
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Power cosmic isnt effective on Sentry as proven in the terrax fight. Besides Sentrys striking power rivals WWH so wouldnt SS be at a great disadvantage confronting him in close quarters. laughing out loud No. Come on now. pc doesnt work on sentry. laughing laughing laughing

The Great Galen
Terrax anyone?

kgkg
Terrax anyone? So by your logic Sentry would beat Galactus smile

The Great Galen
Look, lets not get off topic. The point is that inspite of SS versatility, what other glarring advantages does he have. In terms of of raw physical strength and striking power I dont see SS taking it and lets not forget that SS does tend to "fight"out a lot of his battles.

darthgoober
Power cosmic isnt effective on Sentry as proven in the terrax fight. Besides Sentrys striking power rivals WWH so wouldnt SS be at a great disadvantage confronting him in close quarters.
But if we go by your reasoning, Wonderman and Bannerless Hulk couldn't phase Surfer with pure physical force unless he was drained of the Power Cosmic, so it must mean that he's completely immune to the effect. And before you bring up Thanos and Thor, Thanos charges his fist with cosmic energy and Thor uses a magic hammer so neither of those falls are comparible to Sentry.

The Great Galen
But if we go by your reasoning, Wonderman and Bannerless Hulk couldn't phase Surfer with pure physical force unless he was drained of the Power Cosmic, so it must mean that he's completely immune to the effect. And before you bring up Thanos and Thor, Thanos charges his fist with cosmic energy and Thor uses a magic hammer so neither of those falls are comparible to Sentry.

SS has been hurt by normal physical force in the past, and in this case its agaisnt a guy who has striking power rivaling WWH.

darthgoober
SS has been hurt by normal physical force in the past, and in this case its agaisnt a guy who has striking power rivaling WWH.
When has Surfer ever been hurt by pure physical force without being depowered first?

tkitna
They'll meet sooner or later and then this discussion will be answered.

The Great Galen
When has Surfer ever been hurt by pure physical force without being depowered first?

When thing KO'ed him.

darthgoober
When thing KO'ed him.
Scan or issue number please?

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by kgkg
So by your logic Sentry would beat Galactus smile

Whether out of the mouth of Peter Parker, or Dr.Doom, Marvel claims that Sentry stalemated Galactus.... it does not matter who believes it, Marvel said that he stalwmated him.

Originally posted by joshypooh
laughing out loud No. Come on now. pc doesnt work on sentry. laughing laughing laughing

Now your getting it, but honestly even if Terrax is far inferior to the Silver Surfer, it still remains that his assault was nullified, it didn't even tickle him, the Surfer is the one that need to prove that he can hurt Sentry not the other way around.

Originally posted by Alucard25
No Surfer has taken out Hulk without Gamma tricks before.Yeah Surfer>>>>Terrax in about everything so Sentry taking Terrax's assault really doesn't amount to much,not to mention the fact that Terrax is one of the biggest jobbers in comics one minute he is blowing up planets the next he is losing to Iron Man.

Hey Ironman's a heavy hitter in his own right. Like I said before if Terrax isn't enough, we can always refer to Sentry containing the might of a Cosmic Cube that did not want him to restrain it, and he held onto it all the same... a Cosmic Cube hello!!! One of these babies makes the Silver Surfer's power quite insignificant, and that's being nice.

Ok you got me on the history part, but the fact still remains that the Sentry has proven to be nearly immune to enrgetic attacks... Bob has already done his part in convincing me that he can stalemate the Surfer when it comes down to manipulating energy.... he did bring his dead wife back to the land of the living, and she was very dead, has the Silver Surfer done this? If so that's 1 for 1.

You know something? I noticed that along the plot lines of the Silver Surfer once again becomming Galactus' Herald that they are on a collision course with Earth, and we all know what that means.... I prepared to eat crow with a smile, are you?

Are you claiming that the Silver Surfer can drain Thanos? Why hasn't he... what's the score between those two anyways? I thought Thanos was up 3 - 0.

I've read alot of Silver Surfer comics and I have never seen him read a persons thought, take control of a crowd of people with his thoughts, or erase his existance from the minds of billions, have you? I've seen him resist psychic assault, but the again so has the Hulk. erm

The Red Skull now you're reaching, I mean really.... seeing as how you brought that up, I really don't even feel the need to continue this discussion. Why would you bother to bring up someone that couldn't hold a candle to Captain America, and turn around and compare him to someone that would defeat him in a picosecond or less?

Because of the Sentry's obvious resistance to the power cosmic (on panel evidence), and the fact that his bio states that his vast psi abilities are used to control his power, and help to keep him from falling apart or turning into the Void, there is a slight chance that he may feel a cosmic blast from the Surfer, but it looks more like he can easilly resist it.

Like I said before Bob has already shown how well he takes energetic assaults it the Surfer that has to step up and prove that he can do something that no other being has been able to do.

I see you think a whole lot of Silver Surfer, Gladiator mixed with the Uni power, with hulk strength, and Wonder Mans punching power???

Please, The Sentry defeated the Void. The Void resisted Dr. Strange, Black Bolt, Colossus, Namor, The Thing, Cyclops, Ironman, Sue Richards, the Human Torch, Luke Cage, the Inhumans, Reed Richard's and at least half a dozen others, without realising that they were even hitting him. Dr. Strange alone could spell trouble for Norrin Radd, throw in the rest and the Surfer would be doomed.

Sentry beat this all by himself..... and yes he stalemated that parasite of a master that the Silver Surfer calls master. Believe it or not,, Marvel says it happened, so it did... what's so hard to believe it's a comic book.

Sentry is going to face the Silver Surfer and this is what will happen, Surfer is going to pull his energy blast crap to nil effect, Sentry is going to get all up in his face.... you know the way Thanos did, and drop bombs on the bum until it's nighty night.

I can see it now as Sentry rips his ass off that board and brings him planetside for the big beatdown.

So feel free to PM me... If I'm wrong I'll PM you with the I was wrong speech, but I'm not wrong, Surfers going to lose.

Cosmic Cube>>>>>>>>>>> Silver Surfer.

Mindset
Silver Surfer >>>>>>>>> Sentry

kgkg
Whether out of the mouth of Peter Parker, or Dr.Doom, Marvel claims that Sentry stalemated Galactus.... it does not matter who believes it, Marvel said that he stalwmated him.

Ohh so Peter Parker word are marvel's statement. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ohhh and if you want to go by hyperbole a write wrote that only a few in the MULTIVERSE can dare attack the Silver Surfer.

That was said in narration smile

unless Sentry can show Galactus level of power ( lol blackblot incident) let's hold that train.

CaptainStoic
Ohh so Peter Parker word are marvel's statement. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ohhh and if you want to go by hyperbole a write wrote that only a few in the MULTIVERSE can dare attack the Silver Surfer.

That was said in narration smile

unless Sentry can show Galactus level of power ( lol blackblot incident) let's hold that train.

You my friend may be hyping the Surfer up a little too much, he isn't undefeatable, and you don't need to be Galactus level to take him out, Stardust can take him down, and Beta Ray Bill, stalemated with him... so guess what? Are you getting nervous yet?

Red Hulk
You my friend may be hyping the Surfer up a little too much, he isn't undefeatable, and you don't need to be Galactus level to take him out, Stardust can take him down, and Beta Ray Bill, stalemated with him... so guess what? Are you getting nervous yet? ABC logic, and Galactus only said he would call upon Stardust I believe when the time came.

Also Bill was never really able to do anything to Stardust as soon as he came out in energy form... hell, Stardust even temporarily KO'ed him in the battle.

kgkg
You my friend may be hyping the Surfer up a little too much, he isn't undefeatable, and you don't need to be Galactus level to take him out, Stardust can take him down, and Beta Ray Bill, stalemated with him... so guess what? Are you getting nervous yet? you missed the point friend.

Your claimed that it is stated that Sentry = Galactus i just gave you an example given by marvel stating in comic that says SS = Multiversal that very few in the Multiverse can dare attack him( Written my marvel witters ( ohhh noes it must be true)

again we both know both are false smile

Moral of the story don't beileve one peice of information

CaptainStoic
you missed the point friend.

Your claimed that it is stated that Sentry = Galactus i just gave you an example given by marvel stating in comic that says SS = Multiversal that very few in the Multiverse can dare attack him( Written my marvel witters ( ohhh noes it must be true)

again we both know both are false smile

Moral of the story don't beileve one peice of information

Fair enough friend, here's a question that has been bugging me for the longest time. When the Sentry confronted the Collective did he grow to match the Collectives size? The Void had the ability to grow in size so did Bob increase his size as well? I know John Romita's art is good for what it is, but somethimes he is off... did you notice that Sentry's mass increased when he fought King Hulk? I just can't tell because they looked nearly the same size.

Also when he fought the Collective Deodato's space seen was impossible to tell if they were both over a hundred feet tall because they were in space, and in space even Galctus looks small.... do you know what I mean?

Just remember that when all of those heros tried to stop the Void, it was a giant. The Void and the Sentry are one and the same being.

I still think that the Sentry's highest showings are above the Sillver Surfers, but time will tell. I for one will be happy to admit I was wrong if Bob lose's when they eventually meet, and for what it's worth, if Marvel continues on with this plot line, Galactus will be coming back to devour the earth eventually, and the Silver Surfer will be with him.

Mindset
I've never seen Sentry increase his size, it was the Collective that became smaller if anything.

Why would Galactus come to devour Earth, what storyline have u been reading?

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Mindset
I've never seen Sentry increase his size, it was the Collective that became smaller if anything.

Why would Galactus come to devour Earth, what storyline have u been reading?

Foreshadowing is pointing to it, since the Surfer became his Herald again it seems to be the next step in the plotline, because let's face it the only way for the Surfer to shine is for him to become part of the mainstream, and what better way for him to do this than for him to lead Galactus back to earth.... does anyone truly know what Galactus did to him? Was it another sould wipe? Was it a power up? Wasit a little of both?

Of course no one can be certain that Galactus will once again threaten the earth, but Marvel began hyping this up the moment they had Spiderman say that the Sentry drove Galactus off without any on panel evidence.

We will have to wait and see.

Are you certain that he did not increase in size... look at WWHulk 5 again and tell me if you see Bob nearly the same size as King Hulk.... maybe it was poor art, maybe he did increase in size.
If for the sake of argument Sentry did once drive Galactus off, it would be logical that he somhow can increase his size.

Like I said we will see.

Mindset
As evidence by SS in Nova he is still in control of himself.

That and there is no reason for Galactus to go after Earth.

There is really nothing indicating Galactus will try to devour Earth or even wants to.

CaptainStoic
As evidence by SS in Nova he is still in control of himself.

That and there is no reason for Galactus to go after Earth.

There is really nothing indicating Galactus will try to devour Earth or even wants to.

Ok well time will tell right?

darthgoober

tdazz
Surfer wins this no problem

Endrict Nuul
SS can just drain Sentry of his so called "million Suns power".

llagrok
SS can just drain Sentry of his so called "million Suns power".

Or channel it somewhere else.

How hard would it be to pop a black hole and direct bob's energy in there big grin

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by llagrok
Or channel it somewhere else.

How hard would it be to pop a black hole and direct bob's energy in there big grin

thumb up

OneDumbG0
Sentry has faced an energy manipulator before:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Genis/1.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Genis/2.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Genis/3.jpg

I don't think Sentry would win in a fight. Surfer still has superior feats. But Sentry's best feats prove that he would not be stomped. Curbstomping Terrax physically and taking his attacks nonchalantly is just one of them. And while some people appear to so easily dismiss it (for the life of me, I don't know why), his feats don't end there.

Mindset

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Genis/1.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Genis/2.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Genis/3.jpg

I don't think Sentry would win in a fight. Surfer still has superior feats. But Sentry's best feats prove that he would not be stomped. Curbstomping Terrax physically and taking his attacks nonchalantly is just one of them. And while some people appear to so easily dismiss it (for the life of me, I don't know why), his feats don't end there. Genis didn't really do anything.

kakuzu
Surfer wins. For the soul fact he is thousands of times stronger then Sentry. Surfer has beaten enslaver who is so strong even galactus stated he doesn't want to be near him and flew off.

Sentry has BEEN SAID TO HAD A STALEMATE WITH A STARVED GALACTUS which is marvel is merely a joke. Seeing as how thats galactus in his weakest form and many others have been seen to beat him. X man, Thor, Ego, BRB managed to dent his armor and galactus told stardust to be careful, Reed. Having a stalemate is nothing.

Silver Surfer has been seen to fly hundreds of times the speeds of light if not even more. Sentry has been seen to barely be at the speed of light and just flying from the sun to earth wow....

Sentry can barely carry a hellcarrier with out the help of Wonder man and Ms. Marvel. Surfer is and has said to been able to increase his strength to any level he wants to be. To see this read his encounter with Thing. He is also on par with Thor who has pulled the midgard serpent and thats how many billions of tons??? Sentry would have a heart attack doing such things

Sentry lost to HHW when he clearly stated he wasn't holding back. Thats just said he might as well have said he was holding back. Silver Surfer on the other hand has been seen to beat Hulk in a matter of seconds if he doesn't feel like fighting. Surfer is always holding back on Hulk and even states this as he feels bad for him. Yet he barely has trouble when holding back on him.

Sentry as his most powerful was seen to make and ugly tornado made of fire capable of taking down a few buildings??? Yet he states he has the power of 1,000,000 exploding suns. Yet he has gotten tired from a fight from Hulk.........

Silver Surfer literally in his sleep nearly destroyed earth while having a bad dream. The Surfer could do more damage in his sleep in the same comic he fought Enslaver in then Sentry can do at max power while he is awake.

Surfer pwns Sentry. Sentry isn't as strong, fast, or even close to durable as Surfer. If you say Sentry wins please just know that their is something wrong with you and that you must have only seen Surfer in the movies and never in the comic.

llagrok
Originally posted by kakuzu
Sentry has BEEN SAID TO HAD A STALEMATE WITH A STARVED GALACTUS which is marvel is merely a joke.

We don't know how strong Galactus was then.

I don't think Sentry would win in a fight. Surfer still has superior feats. But Sentry's best feats prove that he would not be stomped. Curbstomping Terrax physically and taking his attacks nonchalantly is just one of them. And while some people appear to so easily dismiss it (for the life of me, I don't know why), his feats don't end there.

Did Genis try to absorb Sentry's energy or redirect it?

kakuzu
We don't know how strong Galactus was then.

Did Genis try to absorb Sentry's energy or redirect it?

Galactus was starved. Please don't honestly think that any other version then a starved galactus would fight Sentry. Besides that the facts are pretty clear. Galactus only comes to earth when he is hungry. He would never come to earth at full power(Although when is he ever??) just to stand their. He wouldn't destroy it because he needs to eat it. So galactus was starved when he fought Sentry who I'm sure wasn't holding back at the time.

llagrok
Galactus was starved. Please don't honestly think that any other version then a starved galactus would fight Sentry. Besides that the facts are pretty clear. Galactus only comes to earth when he is hungry. He would never come to earth at full power(Although when is he ever??) just to stand their. He wouldn't destroy it because he needs to eat it. So galactus was starved when he fought Sentry who I'm sure wasn't holding back at the time.

I'm not saying that I believe that Galactus had eaten or something, I'm just saying that whether we assume he was weak or strong doesn't matter, because it's still an assumption. Even so, it's still somewhat ridiculous when people try to use it as a feat.

Btw, Kakuzu is awesome. One of my favourites, only second to Kisame big grin

kakuzu
I'm not saying that I believe that Galactus had eaten or something, I'm just saying that whether we assume he was weak or strong doesn't matter, because it's still an assumption. Even so, it's still somewhat ridiculous when people try to use it as a feat.

Btw, Kakuzu is awesome. One of my favourites, only second to Kisame big grin

You are right. It is just an assumption made by spiderman. Spider even accidentally called ironman the strongest man on earth. When the strongest man was suppose to be count nefaria(mortal man anyway). Really it isn't a feat. Only high evolutionary and sentry have had standstill one of which we've seen. Others have actually beaten him. As a feat its no good.

Thanks lol. Kakuzu is like in my top three I put him with Gaara, an Kimimariao. Kisame is amazing lol. I count him as one of the coolest along side pein, and orochimaru. He is uber strong lol.

Endrict Nuul
You are right. It is just an assumption made by spiderman. Spider even accidentally called ironman the strongest man on earth. When the strongest man was suppose to be count nefaria(mortal man anyway). Really it isn't a feat. Only high evolutionary and sentry have had standstill one of which we've seen. Others have actually beaten him. As a feat its no good.

Thanks lol. Kakuzu is like in my top three I put him with Gaara, an Kimimariao. Kisame is amazing lol. I count him as one of the coolest along side pein, and orochimaru. He is uber strong lol.

So Spidey call Iron Man the strongest man on Earth? That must be true because Marvel said so and they wouldn't lie. Just like Sentry Stalemated Galactus. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

kakuzu
So Spidey call Iron Man the strongest man on Earth? That must be true because Marvel said so and they wouldn't lie. Just like Sentry Stalemated Galactus. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

He thought Ironman was Sentry while he was flying which showed he was completely wrong. How can you get the colors yellow and red?? Ironman wasn't he the third strongest person? In terms of strength that would be wrong.

Capz-C
Surfer FTW

Capz-C

I don't think Sentry would win in a fight. Surfer still has superior feats. But Sentry's best feats prove that he would not be stomped. Curbstomping Terrax physically and taking his attacks nonchalantly is just one of them. And while some people appear to so easily dismiss it (for the life of me, I don't know why), his feats don't end there. Genis doesn't control all forms of energy like surfer does he can only control photons.

Mindset
Genis would beat Sentry anyway.

kakuzu
I'm still leaning towards Surfer however. Seeing as how Sentry isn't really on the level of other beings like Thor, Gladiator, SS, BRB, Herc. He is and earth level person. He is just overrated is all. He isn't a bad character just has a higher rep then he should.

Mindset
I'm still leaning towards Surfer however. Seeing as how Sentry isn't really on the level of other beings like Thor, Gladiator, SS, BRB, Herc. He is and earth level person. He is just overrated is all. He isn't a bad character just has a higher rep then he should. Sentry could beat Herc and probably Glads.

kakuzu
Sentry could beat Herc and probably Glads.
He may not be stronger then Herc but seeing as how he is faster I would give it to him.

As for Gladiator I can't see that happening. Gladiator has been shown to be far stronger(Destroying planet pushing asteriods) Flying faster an having faster reaction time( Going hundreds times the speed of light and throwing punches so fast that wonder didn't notice them till it hit him) and lastly durability( Surviving and explosion from a rather large star which was over 100 million miles long)

Sentry I don't think can do any of that. To top it all off his stamina is low. He could barely last against Hulk. Gladiator fought Thor, Supreme with out getting tired and even pretended to be knocked out to end a long fight with supreme.

Mindset
He may not be stronger then Herc but seeing as how he is faster I would give it to him.

As for Gladiator I can't see that happening. Gladiator has been shown to be far stronger(Destroying planet pushing asteriods) Flying faster an having faster reaction time( Going hundreds times the speed of light and throwing punches so fast that wonder didn't notice them till it hit him) and lastly durability( Surviving and explosion from a rather large star which was over 100 million miles long)

Sentry I don't think can do any of that. To top it all off his stamina is low. He could barely last against Hulk. Gladiator fought Thor, Supreme with out getting tired and even pretended to be knocked out to end a long fight with supreme.

A weaker Hulk beat Gladiator, Sentry tied with WWH, I know this is ABC logic, but still. eek!

Sentry's stamina isn't low because he ran out of juice fighting Hulk? Well Hulk ran out of energy too, is his stamina low?

kakuzu
A weaker Hulk beat Gladiator, Sentry tied with WWH, I know this is ABC logic, but still. eek!

Sentry's stamina isn't low because he ran out of juice fighting Hulk? Well Hulk ran out of energy too, is his stamina low?

You and I know very well why he lost to Hulk. Gladiator was in bad shape, was already in a fight, and had been next to the very thing that makes him weak. Their was no way he could have won. Even in that state he did more damage to Hulks middle section then Sentry did at full power.

Sentry says he has the power of a 1,000,000 exploding suns. If this is the case he should be able to destroy an entire universe. Yet he got tired after a fight with Hulk?

Why Hulk ran out in this fight an he in his classic years was able to go toe to toe with Doc Samson for 6 hours before finally becoming stronger is beyond me. You have to talk to the writers. Sentry's stamina isn't as high as outer earth beings. He could never do what Herc and Thor did fighting hand to hand for weeks straight before finally stopping because they've earned each others respect.

Mindset
You and I know very well why he lost to Hulk. Gladiator was in bad shape, was already in a fight, and had been next to the very thing that makes him weak. Their was no way he could have won. Even in that state he did more damage to Hulks middle section then Sentry did at full power.

Sentry says he has the power of a 1,000,000 exploding suns. If this is the case he should be able to destroy an entire universe. Yet he got tired after a fight with Hulk?

Why Hulk ran out in this fight an he in his classic years was able to go toe to toe with Doc Samson for 6 hours before finally becoming stronger is beyond me. You have to talk to the writers. Sentry's stamina isn't as high as outer earth beings. He could never do what Herc and Thor did fighting hand to hand for weeks straight before finally stopping because they've earned each others respect.

The only time it was shown Sentry ran out of energy is the only time it was shown that Hulk ran out of energy.

Coincidence?

kakuzu
The only time it was shown Sentry ran out of energy is the only time it was shown that Hulk ran out of energy.

Coincidence?

Tusche. If thats how you spell it.

Mindset
Touche, I remember it because it like douche. smile

kakuzu
Lol that is kind of the best way to remember it.

llagrok

What the hell are you on about retard? he wasn't supporting the claim...

psycho gundam
Tusche. If thats how you spell it. nah, that spells "tusk - e"

The Great Galen
Anyway, slight edge for Sentry, Power cosmic doesnt work so the fight goes close quarters.

llagrok
Anyway, slight edge for Sentry, Power cosmic doesnt work so the fight goes close quarters.

Sure it does.

Priest
"power cosmic dosent work.."
I think you really are Galactus no expression

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Priest
"power cosmic dosent work.."
I think you really are Galactus no expression

The sooner you know the better.

Priest
If that made sense, I'm sure i got pwaned no expression

The Great Galen
If that made sense, I'm sure i got pwaned no expression

You get pwned the second you decide to type onto your keyboard and click on"submit".

darthgoober
Surfer can't be hurt by pure physical force unless he's depowered so Sentry's screwed even if this does end up in close quarters...

llagrok
You get pwned the second you decide to type onto your keyboard and click on"submit".

You were pwned the second Goober entered this thread.

darthgoober
cool

llagrok

The Great Galen
Surfer can't be hurt by pure physical force unless he's depowered so Sentry's screwed even if this does end up in close quarters...

SS can be hurt by physical force, especially WWH level punches. Up close SS is always screwed, unless u have some scans suggesting he has the raw physical power of WWH.

The Great Galen

A bucnh of unsported claims coupled with high end speculation...yeah real ownage there.

llagrok
SS can be hurt by physical force, especially WWH level punches. Up close SS is always screwed, unless u have some scans suggesting he has the raw physical power of WWH.

WWH level punches?

Surfer has been cut to pieces, lost his head and all to no effect. How is he going to be injured by punches?

A bucnh of unsported claims coupled with high end speculation...yeah real ownage there.

I guess his lack of ability to ignore on panel showings, which you seem quite apt at, is what angers you?

Priest
Nope, I got pwned as soon as I fooled my self I can have a intelligent conversation with yourself smile

The Great Galen
WWH level punches?

Surfer has been cut to pieces, lost his head and all to no effect. How is he going to be injured by punches?

I guess his lack of ability to ignore on panel showings, which you seem quite apt at, is what angers you?

Guess thing knocking him out was what then?

I dont ignore on panel showings, i jsut want something to support that SS can hang with WWH level punches.

darthgoober

The Great Galen
Nope, I got pwned as soon as I fooled my self I can have a intelligent conversation with yourself smile

What conversation, all you did was come at me with random "I think you really are Galactus" .

kakuzu
Surfer Has fought Elder Demon who has more then hundreds of times the power then Sentry. I think he can take on a guy who is suppose to get energy from the sun but doesn't even do that.

llagrok
Guess thing knocking him out was what then?

I dont ignore on panel showings, i jsut want something to support that SS can hang with WWH level punches.

Ignoring his powerset clearly.

What will punches do if he...say...turns himself intangible?

The Great Galen
Ignoring his powerset clearly.

What will punches do if he...say...turns himself intangible?

This tactic has worked for him........when exaclty. Maybe the time he got brutally beaten by Thanos or his encounter with champion.

llagrok
This tactic has worked for him........when exaclty. Maybe the time he got brutally beaten by Thanos or his encounter with champion.

The champion whom he beat? How will intangibility help him against someone with matter manipulation?

Stop ****ing around and answer how Bob will deal with Surfer going intangible.

OneDumbG0
Surfer can't be hurt by pure physical force unless he's depowered so Sentry's screwed even if this does end up in close quarters... Where has it been conclusively proven that Surfer cannot be hurt by purely physical force? And why would Sentry's punches not be backed by his energy anyway?
Originally posted by Capz-C
Genis doesn't control all forms of energy like surfer does he can only control photons. That is a very limited way of looking at his powers. Photons are the "building blocks" of reality according to Marvel psuedo-science. Genis could control other forms of energy, here he simply absorbs and shunts the entire radioactive fallout from a nuclear bomb:
http://img21.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=65783_nuke.jpg

Here, he adjusts to Power Prism's energy wavelength to dissolve one of his barriers:
http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=65640_hyperion5.jpg

darthgoober
The claims I've made are no more unfounded speculation than the ones you've made in regards to Sentry and the Power Cosmic wink .

Priest
What conversation, all you did was come at me with random "I think you really are Galactus" .
lulz, all your doing is making up shit..."the power cosmic dosent work"

Priest
The claims I've made are no more unfounded speculation than the ones you've made in regards to Sentry and the Power Cosmic wink .
Aww Gobber i do miss you smile

The Great Galen
The champion whom he beat? How will intangibility help him against someone with matter manipulation?

Stop ****ing around and answer how Bob will deal with Surfer going intangible.

Sentry's punches can piere into intangibility due to the power he has backing his punches. Explain to me now how SS will deal with WWH level punces since the power cosmic will not have a affect on bob.

The Great Galen

Read the terrax fight then come back to me, no use arguing with the misinformed.

The Great Galen

Prove to me it will work on Sentry....thats what i thought.

Priest
First prove me that Terax=Surfer and then I'll get back to you no expression

darthgoober
Read the terrax fight then come back to me, no use arguing with the misinformed.
Been there, done that. Now you read the confrontations between Surfer and Wonderman and Hulk...

Prove that Surfer can be hurt by purely physical force without first being depowered.

kakuzu

Power Cosmic could nearly destroy earth, and worked on Enslaver the guy who took out every powerful earth person in a matter of minutes breaking a marvel record. Trust me it could work on Sentry. What makes him so special that it won't work on him? Isn't he just a guy with a little bit of power?

kakuzu
Sentry's punches can piere into intangibility due to the power he has backing his punches. Explain to me now how SS will deal with WWH level punces since the power cosmic will not have a affect on bob.

Not true unless Your like Superman and can make your laser vision hit you at a certain frequency or your like some other being who can mess up the frequency you cannot hit a intangible being with physical force alone. Especially being from Sentry. Power has nothing to do with intangible beings.

The Great Galen
Hulk had the physical power to punc dimensions, clearly if Sentry matched Bruce in physical power it isnt out of line to say he could hit a intangible foe with pure physical force.

quanchi112
Prove to me it will work on Sentry....thats what i thought. Are you serious?

darthgoober
Hulk had the physical power to punc dimensions, clearly if Sentry matched Bruce in physical power it isnt out of line to say he could hit a intangible foe with pure physical force.
According to Hulk, Surfer's stronger than he...

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=talestoastonish092submamr9.jpg

And you still haven't proven that Surfer can be hurt by purely physical force.

kakuzu

Wrong Hulk had the power to do a thunder clap and knock back a blast powerful enough to destroy a dimension. Strong feat but wrong idea. Surfer has demonstrated the power to decimate and entire planet with one blast. One of those would leave nothing of Sentry.

The Great Galen
According to Hulk, Surfer's stronger than he...

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=talestoastonish092submamr9.jpg

And you still haven't proven that Surfer can be hurt by purely physical force.

To bad a wealth of overwhealming feats completly nulify that claim, refer back to when Thing ko'ed him plz.

The Great Galen
Wrong Hulk had the power to do a thunder clap and knock back a blast powerful enough to destroy a dimension. Strong feat but wrong idea. Surfer has demonstrated the power to decimate and entire planet with one blast. One of those would leave nothing of Sentry.

Terrax can level planets and he can do those with his fist, and look what happened when he confronted sentry.

kakuzu
To bad a wealth of overwhealming feats completly nulify that claim, refer back to when Thing ko'ed him plz.

Wrong. The thing was fighting a weak Surfer who then Turned the Tables and the Things hits couldn't work anymore. Then he stated how he can become as strong as he wanted to be. He pwned the Thing in that fight.

kakuzu
Terrax can level planets and he can do those with his fist, and look what happened when he confronted sentry.

Lets see Terrax controls earth, rocks, minerals. Planets seem to be made off earth, rocks and minerals. When Sentry fought Terrax please tell me what he did amazing? All I saw was Sentry grabbing right below the sharp part of the axe then destroying it.

Do you count this as a feat to Surfer who is the Strongest herald? Who has flown through the hearts of stars including out sun which its core temperature is 27,000,000 degrees? Who has rebuilt and entire city just by thought alone after he destroyed it in a battle?

Sentry loses. Chances are he won't even be able to hurt Surfer.

The Great Galen
Right because SS has some awesome combat speed and reflexes, I might believe u if it wasnt for him being tossed around by Thor so much.

quanchi112
Terrax can level planets and he can do those with his fist, and look what happened when he confronted sentry. So every time a heralds loses to someone,we can then say the power cosmic is useless against that character. Really?

kakuzu
Right because SS has some awesome combat speed and reflexes, I might believe u if it wasnt for him being tossed around by Thor so much.

Lets see Thor has the power destroy an entire galaxy. Thor is Marvel strongest Hero while Super is Marvels most powerful hero. Thor has been seen taking down Celestials and saving a 5th of the marvel universe which is thousands of galaxies.

To say him losing so much to Thor is rather stupid. Thor is no joke. Look at what he did to the infinity watch. Drax alone would pwn Sentry.

Also Terrax didn't use the PC on Sentry. He assumed Sentry to be so weak he just wanted to cut him with one swing. Thats called underestimating. Silver Surfer could easily reverse the effects of Sentrys own energy. He could even trap Sentry in his board.

Plus Thor would pwn Sentry.

darthgoober
To bad a wealth of overwhealming feats completly nulify that claim,

Name a single low showing of Surfer's in the strength department. Surfer suffers from a lack of unambiguous strength showings(meaning that he doesn't have many), but that's far different than suffering from LOW strength showings(of which Sentry has several).

refer back to when Thing ko'ed him plz.
Yeah you keep mentioning that, but I'm still waiting for a scan or issue number where Thing actually hurt Surfer with physical force.

tkitna

To say him losing so much to Thor is rather stupid. Thor is no joke. Look at what he did to the infinity watch. Drax alone would pwn Sentry.

Well, Reed Richards did tell Sentry he was the Worlds greatest hero and that was with Thor standing right there. Take that for what you want. Drax taking Sentry? Please.

Do you even check for these type of things before you post?
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010150oe.jpg

Possible, but Ultron, Richards, and Doom have no answer for it.

He better bring his bag of tricks. He'd be in trouble if its just a physical encounter.

llagrok

And The Surfer was depowered when The Thing did this.

Are you capable of understanding this?

Faceman
Silver Surfer > Superman type characters

Thats comics 101 folks.

Mindship
...I might believe u if it wasnt for him being tossed around by Thor so much. In their first bout, Surfer monologuing gave Thor time to recover after he had successfully separated Thor from his hammer and had Thor crawling on the ground (WM Thor > SS I consider legit because it was, after all, WM Thor). Had Surfer continued his "attacks without let," the outcome would've been very different. Plus, this was a Surfer far below peak, even with Loki's amping.

Surfer beats Sentry but not easily.

Avlon
This thread sure has gotten interesting...

Neither Sentry nor Surfer are anywhere near as hyper-powerful as some would like them to be. Neither of them are lighting up the other with a billion suns worth of power while the other one laughs it off and battles headless and in pieces while intangible at 1000x light speed.

If and when they fight on panel (eventually we all know it's going to happen) I'm certain that they will definitely hurt each other if they go physical. Neither one is going to have an easy time with another.

Meanwhile, Sentry is going to have more lows than Surfer as for one, he's an Earth hero. A majority of Surfer's lowest showings have come from his time on Earth. It's a given that on Earth these guys are usually toned down somewhat.

Going by Surfers/Sentry's showings vs Hulk, well, Hulk has a variable strength rate whether when angry. How does one measure exactly how angry/pissed Hulk is? The only thing we know is that Sentry fought what is currently the most powerful version of the real Hulk in a head 2 head battle. He doesn't have the ability to drain Hulk... then again, Surfer doesn't have the ability to calm Hulk either. We don't know if draining would have been viable against WWH. We do know that Sentry's darker half (void) destroyed standard Hulk effortlessly though. While Surfer has beaten Terrax without too much hassle, he's never owned Terrax with the casual ease that Sentry has.

In short, while this is Surfers fight IMO, short of a bfr, Surfers going to work for it.

dvampire
Rulk would beat both their ass!

psycho gundam
Terrax can level planets and he can do those with his fist, and look what happened when he confronted sentry. 1 on 1 against the surfer would be exactly the same for terrax.

Avlon
Originally posted by psycho gundam
1 on 1 against the surfer would be exactly the same for terrax.

And yet he never has.

psycho gundam
and yet he burnt out when terrax expended all the cosmic power doom gave him thinking he could hold out against the surfer.

ultimatethor
Surfer wins hands down. Its quite simple really. The only way the sentry is going to be beating SS is by knocking him out physically. Considering that SS is probabaly the most durable top tier character, this in itself will be extremely hard to do. However SS has multiple ways of defeating the Sentry which would be far more effective than sentrys only way of beating SS. Options such as BFR, Blasting to pieces,enrgy absorption etc. These are all very valid tactics for SS. Sentry has yet to show resistance to matter manip from an SS level manipulator so matter manipulating him is also an option.

In a comic though this fight would be much closer than it should be cuz SS wud probably go the physical route first and get knocked for a loop b4 eventually taking the sentry out.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avlon
And yet he never has. Surfer has easily defeated Terrax.

psycho gundam
easily put, nobody in the herald class is touching norrin when he's powered. (without PIS and without de-powering/sapping of coarse.)

if sentry can mess with his power then he has a shot, A & T only put him down for seemingly a couple minutes and they're galactus level each.

ultimatethor
Really the only argument thats going for the sentry fans is the ridiculous ABC logic that Sentry beat terrax easier than SS.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>