Why Wasns't There A Movie Of "The Vampire Lestat"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dazzler619
Ok, I'm curious about something. "Interview With The Vampire" and "Queen Of The Damned" were made but no Lestat film. That was the 1st book of the 3 so why no film of that? That's what started the Vampire chronicles.

Elanor
actually the first book is the interview but i know what you mean. chronologically the vampire lestat is the first (at least the most parts of it...the beginning and the end of it - the concert and so on - take place after the interview)

and queen of the damned (the movie) contains some parts from lestat book...but they changed a lot of things...eg there is no magnus, only marius etc...so this movie is a weird hybrid...it is neither qotd nor the vampire lestat...actually it has little to do with the books at all big grin

but you are right!! they should make a lestat movie, too... this is one of my fav books so id love to see its movie smile maybe someday they will make it smile lets hope stick out tongue

Paola
they tried to tell the story of 'The Vampire Lestat' & 'The Queen of the Damned' in one movie

'Interview..' was the first one, then Lestat and then the Queen, but yeah, in a way, 'Lestat' tells the story of what happened before Interview

Dazzler619
Thanks guys for the info.Well isn't that interesting? Heh Heh!

Elanor
sure big grin

hmmm and who do you think should play lestat in such a film? big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.