Dobby: the House Elf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pretty angel
JK Rowling said james potter inherited most of his fortune so he didnt have to have a well paid job. And harrys Aunt Petunia said he didnt work well if the Potters' were so rich, perhaps they had a house-elf well could it be Dobby because it would explain his loyalty to harry and how he can go and see him without his masters permission? what do you guys think?.

dark1365
Good point...
No, wait.
Dobby belonged to the Malfoys, one of the old pure blood families; he's been with the Malfoy's his entire life.
But that only explains part of it.
I was still wondering about Dobby's fervent desire to protect Harry at first...maybe you're right, angel.
Why is every girl obsessed over Orlando Bloom?
Don't get mad at me 'cause i said that... smile

pretty angel
nah im not mad laughing well maybe every girl likes him because he is in lord of the rings eek!

RoguePw25
I get what you are saying, and JK hasn't revelead so much about James that it's possible. Who knows? Dobby could have belonged to the Potter family and I dunno, maybe the Malfoy's stole him or something away from them? I mean, why else would the Malfoys have them?

pretty angel
i thought that when the potters died dobby went to live with the malfoys but im not sure if dobby is the potters house elf yet

RoguePw25
I know me neither. It was be a good revelation if this were true I suppose

~Air Angel~
nah...Dobby liked Harry b/c he defeated voldemort as a child and Dobby and Harry have a convo about all of that in book 2.

But it was a good point to bring up. i think dobby will have more significance in the future books

Jackie Malfoy
It had been written that Dobby had said that once a house elf is bond to that family (the malfoys)he has to be with them for his whole life inleast he is free.
So I doubt it very much if lilly and James had him as an house elf.Dobby is friends with harry because he freed him and also that he was nice to him.JM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.