V for Vendetta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cal31
Anybody else looking forward to this film? The Wachowski Bros. are writing the script based off of the graphic novel of the same name and the story is about an alternate timeline where Germany won World War II and a rebel known as "V" wages war against them. With the Wachowskis writing and also having Natalie Portman in the film, I think this will be one of the best of 2005.

forumcrew
yea i just found out about this a few days ago.. im very eager to see more about it

IceWithin
me too!! I cant wait to see the movie, or read the book...
the fact that the whachowski bros are writing only makes me more eager to see it

Morpheus
raver saw the book at b&n. i hope movie has the good look.
the book is okay.(didnt read all of it) raver

Filmmaker451
Teaser poster:

http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/Action/V_For_Vendetta/v1.jpg

IceWithin
I dont see it confused

Filmmaker451
Originally posted by IceWithin
I dont see it confused

Well it's right there. Maybe it just doesn't appear there on your computer but I'll give you a link to it:

http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/Action/V_For_Vendetta/v1.jpg

cal31
Sounds like Hugh Weaving, who played Agent Smith in the Matrix movies, is now going to play the lead role. I'm looking forward to this movie even more now.

TheFilmProphet
For those of you who don't know this yet, Natalie Portman reportedly shaved her head for her role in this film.

http://www.movie-source.com/news/news_213.jpg

Jackie Malfoy
I am not a big fan of them so no I do not think I will see the movie.I may rent it in the future if my boyfriend wants to see it.JM

IceWithin
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
For those of you who don't know this yet, Natalie Portman reportedly shaved her head for her role in this film.

oh god no! natalie! cry

...Id still bang her smoke

Holcomb
I think that haircut will be great for the film but I hope it grows back soon.

IceWithin
lol yeah...
I cant wait for the movie it's gonna be mad cool

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by IceWithin
oh god no! natalie! cry

Thats the same way I felt when I saw her new haircut. At least we know it will eventually grow back. wink

Cinemaddiction
Guess the concentration camp look is en vogue?

SlipknoT
She looks like a crack whore with no hair scared

Morning_Glory

O good! I was wondering why her head was shaved! I was hoping it wasnt for some stupid fashion statement! cool!

Id do her ... and Im a chick droolio

IceWithin
Thats the same way I felt when I saw her new haircut. At least we know it will eventually grow back. wink

lol yeah

Originally posted by SlipknoT
She looks like a crack whore with no hair scared

laughing out loud right...

whirlysplat
It has be very different considering the extreme dictatorship based on a Thatcherite government failed to come to pass. It has dated terribly, It was to those of us who read it at the time a very clever, but depressing piece of satire and social comment. As its reality never came near to coming to pass. I see little point in this film, The Watchmen, Miracleman or even Tom Strong would work better from Moore's works.

cal31
Trailer is finally out and you can see it on the site vforvendetta.com. Looks good so far.

DeVi| D0do
Trailer wasn't anything particularly amazing, but good nonetheless...

Natalie is just freaking hot with that accent. love

amsedal
I saw that it was being turned into a movie so I purchased the book. Will be reading it next, I'm sure the graphics are going to be awesome. And the Wachowski brothers are great for this kind of thing. Lots of shots (mostly only in the first Matrix film) were very much comic-booky.

ladygrim
i think it looks quite good

JKozzy
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=changes&p=.htm

Nooo... November to March 17th cry

DeVi| D0do
"Remember, remember the 17th of March."? erm

MildPossession
I am looking forwards to the film a lot. Can't wait.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by cal31
Anybody else looking forward to this film? The Wachowski Bros. are writing the script based off of the graphic novel of the same name and the story is about an alternate timeline where Germany won World War II and a rebel known as "V" wages war against them. With the Wachowskis writing and also having Natalie Portman in the film, I think this will be one of the best of 2005.

It is such a corny nale.

JKozzy
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
"Remember, remember the 17th of March."? erm Actually, it was set for release November 4th. The 5th of November is actually the 400th anniversary of Guy Fawkes:

Under the news section at: www.vforvendetta.com.

So the 5th of November still stands, at least in the idea of Guy Fawkes, though the release will have to wait until March, sadly.

cal31
Yeah, that really sucks. This was my most anticipated movie of the fall. The reason they gave was bull crap too, a movie should not need four extra months of post-production, that's insane. The real reason is that there was too much competition that was coming out around Nov. 5th, so they moved it to fair better at the box office. Guess you can't blame them for that.

JKozzy
I looked and didn't see any good movies coming out the 5th, let alone the month of November messed

cal31
Look again then. The Family Stone, The Matador, National Lampoon's Pledge This, and Jarhead all come out on the 5th of Nov., The Legend of Zorro comes out a week before as does Saw II, plus the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is coming out a couple weeks later and Chicken Little is being released around Nov. 5th as well, so I don't know what you were looking at.

JKozzy
Zorro could be okay, but I didn't like the last one. Harry Potter, yes, might be the only good movie. Not interested in Chicken Little. Saw II is October. Stone, Matador, Pledge This, not really looking forward to. Just a difference of opinion.

Whirlysplatt
The problem with V for Vendetta is the best we can hope for is a 1984, Brazil type story. Reason - Moore was writing about Thatcherite Britain taken to its furthest possible conclusion. When Thatcher stopped being leader of the Conservative party and the Conservatives lost the election it became an artifact of a future that could be no "Moore". lets see Miracleman as a movie instead.

cal31
Originally posted by JKozzy
Zorro could be okay, but I didn't like the last one. Harry Potter, yes, might be the only good movie. Not interested in Chicken Little. Saw II is October. Stone, Matador, Pledge This, not really looking forward to. Just a difference of opinion. I'm not saying I'm going to like them either, I'm just saying that's a lot of potentially big movies coming out around the same time, so it makes sense for them to move it.

Wolfie
It looks stupid.

cal31
Originally posted by Wolfie
It looks stupid. Wow, what an intelligent response roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whirlysplatt

cameron666
I will wait for DVD, even though it looks good.

leowyatt
i saw prewviews for it before the dukes of hazzard movie started with natalie in she she still looks hot even bald

Solo
The movie's most likely going to suck, I just don't know how they're going to make the comic book into a big screen movie.

cal31
Originally posted by Solo
The movie's most likely going to suck, I just don't know how they're going to make the comic book into a big screen movie. And what are you basing that on?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Could be shit, could be the shit.

Here's the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/v_for_vendetta/trailer_large.html

vader519
This movie is going to rock. It is one of the best graphic novels ever, and I think the movie will be awesome. Besides, how can you say the movie is going to suck if you have not read the graphic novel yet. For those of us who have read the graphic novel and have seen the trailer, everyone pretty much agress it looks awesome. So before you judge this movie by watching the trailer, read the graphic novel first.

cal31
Originally posted by vader519
This movie is going to rock. It is one of the best graphic novels ever, and I think the movie will be awesome. Besides, how can you say the movie is going to suck if you have not read the graphic novel yet. For those of us who have read the graphic novel and have seen the trailer, everyone pretty much agress it looks awesome. So before you judge this movie by watching the trailer, read the graphic novel first. Exactly. I just love all these idiots that come out saying something is going to suck about half a year before it even comes out. Why don't you actually see it first before you start spouting off at the mouth.

Morpheus
raver i read the graphic novels and saw the trailer:
the look of it is good.

i think graphic novels can be great moives if there done right.
look at SIN CITY. raver

Pezmerga
Actually Germany won a world war III =) not World War II.
Thats besides the point...it looks like itll be a good movie. Even if its half as good as the graphic novel, and I recommend reading the Graphic novel first though if you haven't already. It is one of the best in my opinion next to the Sandman Series.

I kinda wish they went with a nobody instead of natalie portman though..I just hope the Star Wars suckage didn't rub off on her! =P

Mandorallen
Hmmm...

I have High hopes for this. James McTiegue is a great director, and Alan moore wrote "the league of Extrordinary Gentlemen" an I loved that very much. So i have no doubt not only this will be a hit, but an exellent film as well.

Plus the Daggers look cool. so there's another movie I gotta see in '06.

Im gonna be broke.

-Mando

JenR1215
I know Natalie wont let her fans down... (better not). Everyone (who isn't ignorant) knows she can do better than she did in SW, she has the award to prove it. But I just hope the W Brothers didnt mess with the script too much. Thats wut im worried about the most. I just hope I didnt waist my time get'n a mask just to be dissapointed and s-- in my pants everytime sumone sneaks up behind me with it (DAD), but....

If it suck, IT SUCKS. If it rocks, IT ROCKS.

Either way its a killer comic. geek rolling on floor laughing

JenR1215
i think the looks kicks ass! now she has a Mohoawk tho.. I'm all for it but she need to let it bust out a little more, then it'll be hot. She has the perfect shaped head for one. i just need to be done right.

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL!!

Mandorallen
Originally posted by JenR1215

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL!!

just ask patrick stewart.

big grin

JenR1215
Originally posted by Mandorallen
just ask patrick stewart.

big grin

he does look pretty good... innocent

Solo
Exactly. I just love all these idiots that come out saying something is going to suck about half a year before it even comes out. Why don't you actually see it first before you start spouting off at the mouth.

I've read the graphic novel and it's almost impossible to make an adaptation of.

Bicnarok
Im well looking forwad to this film.

I read the original comic strip in the british "Warrior" comic book where it first appeared before DC bought it.

It was brilliant, dark original, unique and mysterious. And with those directors, what could go wrong.

vader519
I agree. I think the Wachowskis are going to do great job with it.

JenR1215
i have my fingers crossed, what other good movies beside the Matrix have they done. so i can see them

vader519
The Wachowski worte and directed a movie called Bound. It stars Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly. It is a great suspense movie. The reason they worte and directed this movie is because they wanted to prove to Warner Brothers that they could direct a movie, because the WB did not want them to direct The Matrix, even though it was their story, and they felt like the were inexperienced. Bound got great reviews. It is a great movie.I recommend it for anyone to watch.

JenR1215
Then they must me good they have the same initial was Waner Broters.. W.B.

awsume I didnt know they mayde that movie. I've never seen it but I heard about it b/c i started to like Jennifer Tilly after she did The Brode of Chucky

YAAAAY CHUCKY!! thanx

b-dan
this is the third time ive seen a thread on this just go to comic book movies the first thread is there and ive also seen one in the matrix forum

b-dan
i have my fingers crossed, what other good movies beside the Matrix have they done. so i can see them i think thats all theyve done

JenR1215
na, "HomeDude" up there said they did Bound

cal31
I've read the graphic novel and it's almost impossible to make an adaptation of. Oh yeah, I forgot about the last time you tried to make a movie adaption out of a graphic novel roll eyes (sarcastic) You aren't the Wachowski Bros. either who are die hard comic book/graphic novel fans, created multiple comic books, and are some of the most original directors out there.

Pezmerga
Actually I heard they made changes and Alan Moore isnt too happy about it.

Bicnarok

JenR1215
Originally posted by Pezmerga
Actually I heard they made changes and Alan Moore isnt too happy about it.

I think one of the reasons why he wasnt too happy about the changes is b/c the comicbook is his baby. I dont think anyone whould enjoy sumone change'n what they created, as much as it took to perfect it.

I haven't seen this other comicbook Movies, but everyone that ive read said they sucked as movies... but then everyone i know says that they were good movies...

shugie99
I am interested to see Natalie Portman though...it's going to be pretty hardcore.

vader519
Alan Moore has always been upset at how his work his changed in all the moives. He did not like From Hell or LEG. This guy wants his work to be page for page like SIn City on the screen. You just can't do that with every single comic book.

JenR1215
Sin City is an one and only film, any (wanna-be) comic book or just a plain movie that want to be like it is a Poser.

As long as the W Bro.s stick with the way V4V looked in the comic (its seems like they have).. look wise it'll be great.

v4v

Solo
Oh yeah, I forgot about the last time you tried to make a movie adaption out of a graphic novel roll eyes (sarcastic) You aren't the Wachowski Bros. either who are die hard comic book/graphic novel fans, created multiple comic books, and are some of the most original directors out there.

Last time I checked the Wachowskis' havn't done the best job lately roll eyes (sarcastic) I.E. Bound, Matrix Revolutions

All IMO of course stick out tongue

JenR1215
Last time I checked the Wachowskis' havn't done the best job lately roll eyes (sarcastic) I.E. Bound, Matrix Revolutions

You are the first guy i've ever heard say that they didn't like Bound... wow, lol

DeVi| D0do
I thought this film looked interesting at first...

But have decided the Wachowskis are one trick ponies... Matrix 2 and 3 sucked serious arse. This looks like more of the same in a different universe.

Bleh. Portman is still the sex though...

JenR1215
THAT was random, lol! "she's the sex, man. YEAH ROCK ON!".. whow that sounded weird coming out of my mouth...

I agree i didnt like Matrix 2 omg... i put The Exorcist. Dont ask how i got them mixed up. I havent really watched Matrix 3 I've seen the end tho.

I only watched it just to see what Hugo looked like.. and to here his voice. I was THRILLED that James Purfoy left b/c... i love the man but i cant STAND to hear his voice.. he talks threw his nose... still a good looking man tho.

I was also releaved to hear that Hugo's voice in the trailer didnt sound like it did in the Matrix films.

I'm excited but paraniod to see the movie.

Solo
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

the Wachowskis are one trick ponies...This looks like more of the same in a different universe.

Bleh. Portman is still the sex though...
Yep.

You are the first guy i've ever heard say that they didn't like Bound... wow, lol

What can I say, I'm not a Tilly or a Gershon fan..

JenR1215
Yep.

What can I say, I'm not a Tilly or a Gershon fan..

I've nevr seen the movie b4 but im not going to see it b/c im not a girl-on-girl person.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The new trailer looks pretty good. It sounds like Portman is doing a rather dodgy English accent though...

Victor Von Doom
Alan Moore doesn't translate to the cinema very well.

Actually that's a lie. People haven't been very successful in doing so.

JenR1215
Damn, i 4got there were 2 V pages embarrasment

Click Here for new Promos

I've gotten lazy at RE-re-reposting pictures. so I'm sending them the link of the thread.

Sum may have already seen them.

MildPossession
This is one of my big films that I am looking forwards to in 2006, looks fantastic.

JenR1215
it better or i'm going to beat the shit out of sumone wink

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/JenR1215/Me%20Funny/V_Punch.jpg

Sir Whirlysplat

You're right and the basic prenise for V was successive Tory victories and home grown fascism in the UK. It is a product of 80's politics and will not work. I hate the plot change that the Germans won the second world war for this movie. The Warchowskis did one good film and that was it.

MildPossession
I think Bound was a rather good film, excellent with some Neo Noir elements to go with the first Matrix. Bound helped to get The Matrix going.

Be interesting to see what the director James McTeigue can do with his first film.

JKozzy
Just wondering, why are there two threads? messed

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t314853.html

Mando
Well, Cinemaddiction was moderator when the thread was made, And never did anything about it.

What do you guys think? Should I close it to avoid confusion?

JenR1215
I dont think it's really necessary, bcuz One's in a MOVIE fourm. And the Other is in a COMIC BOOK fourm.

And some ppl may not go to COMIC BOOK fourms, so they wouldnt be able to know it was there. stick out tongue

I da-no, the Comic Book one is more lively to me, bcuz i used to be the only one who posted shit there embarrasment

And the reason I THINK, why i was the only one (sum of the time) is bcuz sum ppl dont go to the Comic Book fourm.

......... i da-no if u should... bcuz i'm a even person, so i'll be posting everything to in the other threads, IN THIS THREAD so no one is left out.

Soth
Info from Movies.com

V for Vendetta

Based on Alan Moore's graphic novel, the story is set in the futuristic fascist nation of Great Britain; a terrorist called V (Hugo Weaving) violently rebels against the restrictive government with the help of a woman named Evey (Natalie Portman) whose life he has saved. (Action/Adventure)

Cast Natalie Portman, Hugo Weaving, Stephen Rea, Stephen Fry, John Hurt

Director(s) James McTeigue

Soth
Originally posted by Pezmerga
Actually I heard they made changes and Alan Moore isnt too happy about it. Alan Moore has a right not to enjoy this. Two of his graphic novels have been ruined by Hollywood already- From Hell and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Let's just hope that the Wachowski Bros and James McTiegue know what they're doing

JenR1215
For real, bcuz I know i'm going to PISSED if this movie is way out of proportion, and is not the same story i fell in love with.

I'm nerves to see it, bcuz of the changes they may had made.

vader519
Well the people who have seen it have said that the only real changes that were made were updating the story somehwhat you or time. There are no significant changes to the story at all, and it is pretty faithful to the graphic novel. Many people who have seen it have said it is one of the best movies of the year.

JenR1215
I know but still... I'm going ot be a little nerves about the film even if people told me EVERY single thing that was changed even in details

I dont see why they had to change the "Strength through Purity" poster to "Strength through Unity" I dont understand the significance you get out of changing one word.

I liked how they did the Dominoes, that was kick-ass, lol. And i thought it was kinda funny how they added Evey with Pepper Spray laughing

Sorgo
I know but still... I'm going ot be a little nerves about the film even if people told me EVERY single thing that was changed even in details

I dont see why they had to change the "Strength through Purity" poster to "Strength through Unity" I dont understand the significance you get out of changing one word.

I liked how they did the Dominoes, that was kick-ass, lol. And i thought it was kinda funny how they added Evey with Pepper Spray laughing

Unity and Purity are two very VERY different things.

JenR1215
What do they mean? (i dont know)

Maybe if i did, i'd understand why they changed it, lol

JenR1215
New Promo of Evey

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/JenR1215/V%20For%20Vendetta%20-%20Movie/21404181.jpg

JenR1215
French Mag:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/JenR1215/V%20For%20Vendetta%20-%20Movie/th_Cinelive_Cover-Feb.jpg

JenR1215
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/JenR1215/V%20For%20Vendetta%20-%20Movie/cine2.jpg

JenR1215
Here's the thread should be going to RedRutgers wink

and...

Natalie's

V4V - Comic Books

JenR1215
V4V has a new TV Spot which comes on during the SuperBowl.

Danni620
I found this really interesting interview with Hugo Weaving from Dark Horizons about the V for Vendetta. I don't know if anyone's seen it, but I was just going to put a little snippet of what he said.

Weaving says that in hindsight, it was an advantage to have had little time to prepare for this film, "or to have had three or four weeks mucking around with the mask with lights and just seeing what works and what doesn't, I think would've been probably ideal. Then you start and everyone knows where you're at." In trying to define his 'V' character, Weaving sees him as "close to an avenging figure but he's also an heroic figure as well. On the one hand he's been abused by a government, tortured, abused, poisoned and burnt and he has a vendetta to kind of kill them all."

JenR1215
Hugo IS the real V, he works out the challenges he faces.. unlike James who just LEFT the movie disgust

But i dont know the whole story about Jamesy-Boy, but I'm glad he left.

vader519
From what I have heard, he was fired because he would hi on every women in sight, and he was a big jerk.

JenR1215
yeah, they always said, "it just wasnt working out" so your probably right.

And with the interviews of the cast/crew they always said how they were happy to work with Hugo, but I never heard any comment AT ALL about working with what time they did with James.

Danni620
I also think that Hugo is the kind of actor who can really work emotion behind a mask. I couldn't see anyone else in the role even though James was the original V.

JenR1215
i prefer Hugo over James, though. James's voice gets on my NERVES, lol

redcaped
Darth Vader+Joker (batman) great!

Ast
Originally posted by redcaped
Darth Vader+Joker (batman) great!

What? blink

redcaped
That's all, show's over!

DarkWizard
no expression

JenR1215
fan_1

Thorin
offtopic

Ast
Originally posted by Thorin
offtopic

Ill fix it....

....V

Continue. stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by redcaped
Darth Vader+Joker (batman) great! It' s not even funny how much that doesn't add up.

JenR1215
laughing

JenR1215
Nat's guna be on Entertainment Tonight, today, for V4V.

i gotta go post this in 4 more places now blink

Thorin
calm down jenny

JenR1215
they didnt even show it. ET f'ked me over again. They showed it on the 13th.

I was wandering when i was 1st watchin ET, WHY they didnt say Nat was going to be on there for V that day. I was like "what's going on??"

But it's a little embarassing, telling people somethings that guna be on TV, and it never shows.

Sorry about that embarrasment

Ast
Atleast I didnt have to watch it, just erased it from my DVR. stick out tongue

JenR1215
I better still have the episode where she DID come on blink

RedRutgers
I hope that subject line got your attention...

I just wanted to follow up on some comments I made earlier. From the looks of all of the forums I've been to I see Vendetta having a solid opening next month. I can't wait to see it...

I found an article on Yahoo News that I know all you Natalie fans out there should enjoy. Unfortunately I can't post links so if you're interested search in Yahoo News for Natalie Portman there's a great interview with her and a gorgeous pic

Red

Ast
Never fails, you hear something about V, you hear about Nat's hair. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Danni620
I was actually looking forward to hearing more about the movie itself than the fact that Natalie shaved her head when I saw it on ET earlier.

JenR1215
I think they promoting her hair more then the film... or Promoting her hair, because they want to sell the film to the people and get it more attention.

I dont understand why people freak out about it. I mean *WOOHOO* her head gets shaved, it'll grow back. erm

and has!

I just want to see if i'm going to be dissapointed or not by the film itself.

Danni620
I don't think you'll be disappointed by the film. The previews look really good. I do hope people appreciate the movie though.

forumcrew
the movie was really good. I saw it last night and thought it was great.

Tex
Yes I saw the 10:01pm Imax showing last night, really enjoyed it, very unique...and totally gay, literally. wink

Jen-R
i saw it this morning.... i held a grudge for about 6 hours... now i want to see it again and again, and try to enjoy it this time.

Mišt
Im not gonna read the comic/book until after I've seen it so I dont get disappointed or anything, I still have to wait 14 days sad

Jen-R
Well i dont recommend u to hold back if u catch the comic before you see the movie. Thing is, my head gets attached to one thing, and its hard for me to except change.

I love ur sig tho cool

Bardock42
Originally posted by Jen-R
i saw it this morning.... i held a grudge for about 6 hours... now i want to see it again and again, and try to enjoy it this time.

Haha, yeah, I agree...it wasn't bad...wasn't anything like the GN though,

Myth
The movie started out weak. I hated the poetry using Vs and pretty soon I thought I was going to have to shoot myself if he did it one more time. Luckily, they stopped.
The storyline as it progressed became more and more interesting. Although for most of the movie I was going back and forth. The end however made me satisfied enough to call the movie decent.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I have just returned from seeing 'V For Vendetta'. I thought it was an absolutely wonderful movie. It was pertinent for our time, well directed, intriguing, and I loved V's use of language.

If we begin to see more 'comic book' adaptations like this, then the bar of Hollywood movies has been significantly raised. It was an intelligent and thought-provoking movie. After watching it, I immediately went to the book-store in the tallest building in the world, and purchased Alan Moore's 'Watchmen'. I haven't read a comic book since I was 14, when I was an Asterix and Obelix fanatic, but the strength of this movie rekindled my interest.

Admittedly, it's not a perfect movie, but it has a lot of courage and imagination, and is not afraid to tackle some difficult issues.

Great stuff.

sexyking
I saw the movie last night and i have to say its one of the best films i have seen all year after watching it rather than picking up the comic or anything like that i wanted to run and get a mask and a cape and some knives and go out and play although i was drinking, oh does anyone know if V has any powers i seem to remember them saying his reflexes are faster but how come he is strong as well?

Scarecrow756
I have just come back from seeing 'V For Vendetta' and I thought it was brilliant. I especially liked the portrayal of V. I might go and buy the graphic novel soon.

Revernd Maynard
I dont get it. How can everyone go and sit through that garbage? The acting was exellent, i'll give them that, but the story was so stupid. The whole thing about censoring and stuff like that, the whole "Fahrenheit 451" aspect of it, it just wasnt convincing. I didn't like the whole "Lesbo love letter" sequence either, i thought that was pointless. It honestlly could have been a lot better

Those brothers could've done a lot better...

pure dissapointement

Barker
I Plan on Seeing it, thought I haven't yet. erm

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9622/ew2zi.th.jpg

Random Scanned Page, telling things you probably already knew. no expression

MVartanFan
omg...I just got back from seeing it! soooooo good!!!!! i cannot believe how good that movie was...omg...acting, direction, story...everything was excellent!!!!!!! TWO THUMBS UP!!!

Jen-R
Remember, Remember the 5th of November, the gunpowder, treason and plot.
I know of no reason why the gunpowder of treason should ever be forgot.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/JenR1215/Misc/V4V-sig.gif

Tptmanno1
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
I dont get it. How can everyone go and sit through that garbage? The acting was exellent, i'll give them that, but the story was so stupid. The whole thing about censoring and stuff like that, the whole "Fahrenheit 451" aspect of it, it just wasnt convincing. I didn't like the whole "Lesbo love letter" sequence either, i thought that was pointless. It honestlly could have been a lot better

Those brothers could've done a lot better...

pure dissapointement
It wasn't pointless, it was the "grey moral area" that both V and the movie was trying to convey.
Morals arn't black and white, and when they are it becomes dangerous. The grey makes all the difference, and everything about V was Grey...

Myth
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
The acting was exellent, i'll give them that, but the story was so stupid. The whole thing about censoring and stuff like that, the whole "Fahrenheit 451" aspect of it, it just wasnt convincing. I didn't like the whole "Lesbo love letter" sequence either, i thought that was pointless. It honestlly could have been a lot better

I actually liked the story but didn't like the acting. I also thought the prison stuff was the best parts of the movie. It was more dramatically suspenseful and very 1984-esque, which is cool. When she was in the prison was the only time I thought the acting was decent.

Still, I think the movie was ok.

Revernd Maynard
The whole thing about V and the revolution was great, but the relationship between him and whats-her-face was not needed. I liked V, he was great! just didn't like the role that she played.

and that "5th of november" thing was SWWWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT

super pr*xy
it would be cool if they released dvd on the 5th of november.

T.M
Hopfully going to see this, this week *cross's fingers*

Mr Parker
I saw it at a sneak preview viewing on tuesday night .i got see it for free thank god.thats all its worth seeing for is for free.save your money.I feel the same maynard does.the acting was really good but the story was really really stupid.

JKozzy
That's coming from someone who prefers Firewall to the Spiderman series... one opinion.

Personally, I loved it, and will be seeing it at least one more time in theaters, if not more.

Myth
That part in your sig was pointless. That part made me mad.

Tptmanno1
It was part of a montage, and I liked it.
It showed how all the parts were in place, by the government, by him, by Evey, and all he had to do is make the first move.
And it was a cool piece of filmwork.

Solo
Just got back from seeing this one; and I gotta say, it kicked about 30,000,000 asses.

A lot better then "The Hills Have Eyes".

JKozzy
Originally posted by Myth
That part in your sig was pointless. That part made me mad. Uh.. sorry?
...symbolism much?
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
It was part of a montage, and I liked it.
It showed how all the parts were in place, by the government, by him, by Evey, and all he had to do is make the first move.
And it was a cool piece of filmwork. yes
Just got back from seeing this one; and I gotta say, it kicked about 30,000,000 asses.

A lot better then "The Hills Have Eyes". Haha, my friend was gonna see that, then decided to see V. Much better idea.

Jen-R
Originally posted by Myth
That part in your sig was pointless. That part made me mad.
You obviously didnt catch the POINT of it. erm roll eyes (sarcastic)

shock.... YOU CANT HAVE MY BABIES!!! mad huh

Tptmanno1
Did anyone else catch all the references to other like films...
So far I have..
1984 (If you didn't see this, I worry about you.) Big brother, The slogan... The list goes on.
Fahernhight 451-The little ear-pices everyone wear's like the "seashell" thing his wife wears all the time..
A Clockwork Orange-The St. Mary's Statue tribute statue is exactly the same as a statue in the Nazi film Alex is shown in the brainwashing scene.

Any else, or am I completly insane?

Myth
Originally posted by Jen-R
You obviously didnt catch the POINT of it. erm roll eyes (sarcastic)

shock.... YOU CANT HAVE MY BABIES!!! mad huh

I understood the symbolism. But it was just randomly thrown in there. He's getting ready to start a revolution and then he randomly decides to play with dominos? Kind of random and unnecessary. It looks cool but there was no reason for him to play dominos at that point in the movie.

And yes, I will take your babies and eat them alive. Its just a thing I do and there is no stopping me. evil face

Wolfie
This was better than I thought it would be.

The ending sucked though.

Zilverz
V is for Vendetta:

Thought provoking, empowering, current social issues, determination, plenty of good dialog and good action scenes

This is a movie I will probably buy on DVD and watch many times over the years

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>