Jedi powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chilled monkey
Just what is it that determines how powerful a Jedi or Sith is? Does it depend purely on your mitochondria or does it increase with training?

Yoda is the most powerful Jedi and he's 900 years old. Was he just as powerful when he was only 100, or is his power because of his age and experience?

Ushgarak
Your midi-chlorian level, or tie to the Force, or whatever you want to call it, only helps determine your potential. From what we have seen, skill talent and experience are also vital contributory factors to your final ability.

chilled monkey
Thought so. Thank you very much.

I recently read the novel 'Yodabig grinark Rendezvous'. It has a scene which I found interesting. Yes, I know the novels are technically EU, but I still think it's worth mentioning.

A new character introduced in the book is a Jedi apprentice, Scout (a really cool character by the way). At one point, it mentions that as she has grown in body, she has not grown in the ways of the Force, impliying that (as you say) your ability normally increases with time, experience etc.

It's a great book and I highly recommend it.

chilled monkey
It's supposed to say 'dark' with a capital d. I don't know why I keep getting a smiley face. I've tried to edit it.

yerssot
that's cause ": D" placed together gives that smiley

MornGlory
batman

chilled monkey
yerssot: Thanks very much

zavin
no

Darth_Nefarus
Midichlorians make it easier to use the force, but training is what truly makes a Jedi powerful. Obi-Wan trained like mad, and he defeated Darth Maul, General Grievous and Darth Vader. (Human)

lessthanjake
Its like IQ compared to real intelligence.

IQ is basically your potential. However if i have a 150 IQ and you have an 120 IQ, does that mean i know more than you? No.

If you are older or have worked harder then you know more than me.

Thats like midi chlorians compared to real force power.

chilled monkey
lessthanjake: I see the comparison. Makes sense to me, thanks.

Darth Nefarus: Good point.

Jackie Malfoy
You have the jedi powers very young and that is when you are trained on how to use them.For good or evil.IN my case evil!Anyway that is what makes a jedi powerful.JM

yerssot
you don't have the powers at all; you have to train and study in order to have them as in using

Jackie Malfoy
What about when Ankin was trailed infront of the jedis to see if he could be train to be a jedi?There must be some kind of special thing to become a jedi in the first place.JM

yerssot
yeah, midichlorians and having potential

it's not that he could immediatly choke someone to death or use lightning, he just could mindread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.