Fascism is alive and well in America, thanks to the Bush administration

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cornponious
What happens when the government controls the media? Do the people hear the straight story, or just what the government wants us to hear?

The latter, of course. Read this:

http://usatoday.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=USATODAY.com%2B- %2BWhite%2BHouse%2Bpaid%2Bcommentator%2Bto%2Bpromo
te%2Blaw&expire=&urlID=12798241&fb=Y&url=http%3A//www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-01-06-williams-whitehouse_x.htm%02%22nerID=1660

If this doesn't make you angry, then there is definitely something wrong with you.

cornponious

Darth Revan
Makes me angry... But I'm not surprised.

WindDancer
Why would it make me angry? Is basically Politics, and everyone knows that politics is a dirty business. Nothing wrong with me.

Silver Stardust
Same here...

Darth Revan
Not everyone is sensible enough to know that politics is a dirty business. And it's not "just politics." The media is supposed to operate independantly from the government. How could it not make you at least a little teensy bit angry that the government is paying reporters to tell us this or that? Everybody knows, or should know that NCLB is a load of shit.

RaventheOnly
Dude.... there is still an American Nazi party no expression They have George Washington standing with an American Flag backdrop no expression

Jackie Malfoy
You guys need alife.Get over bush wining.Not everything you say or think is right anyway.It is the dems that are a bunch of fascist not the republicans.
Anyway maybe after bush's four years are up you will filnd out that he reallly is not that bad of a guy.It is a shame through that it took you guys that long to relise it!JM

Darth Revan
And what does this have to do with... Anything?

Not to mention the Nazis weren't true fascists at all...

Silver Stardust
He already had 4 years...4 more will not make us like him.

Darth Revan
This has nothing to do with Bush winning the election. Have you read the article? I don't think his name was in it even once. roll eyes (sarcastic)

KharmaDog
Jackie, stoop repeating what your parents tell you, and pick up a book or two. Do you know what fascist even means? And are you aware of the changes in civil liberties and restrictions that have occured in the united states in the last couple of years.

The media bias does not suprise me, it saddens me, but doesn't suprise me.

dean7879
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t320015.html

botankus
*yawn*

PVS
for christ's sake some of you are so f**king blind.
its NOT 'politics as usual', but rather tax-funded propaganda
dressed up as news reporting, a CLASSIC tool of facsist and communist
dictators. i swear to god, some of you people, its like bush can just punch you
in the nuts, slap your mother, and kick your dog and you would STILL praise him.

and no, neither bush sr, clinton, or reagan pulled this shit...in fact i believe even nixon would not have stooped this low

Bardock42
Seriously Jackie, don'T get me wrong, but what the **** is wrong with you? What makes you like bush, i mean ok I can understand that people liked him more than Kerry (well not really) but saying Bush is a good President just well is an insult to people like Lincoln, Washington or Jefferson (actually its an insult to every Amwerican President ever) And saying the Democrats are more fascist than Republicans is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. I am not a democrat by any means, actually I think both of your parties suck balls, but that doesn'T matter. Do you ever think for yourself? I know you will say you do, so well tell me whats good aboot Bush, that makes it ok to say he is a good President? Oh and thanks to your Patriot Act America got a whole lot less free anyway. I don't want to say your Constitution couldn'T be better but cutting some of it down is ****ing stupid. Maybe it reminds some of you a little bit to how Hitler got to power in germany just that not the senate was burning but two towers in NY.

JToTheP
**** Bush. no expression

Bardock42
very eloquent

Mr Parker
got news for you.we have been living in a fascist and dictatership run country now for like the past 60 years or so now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
sorry jackie but I have to tell you that Kharmadog is right on about this.You really need to stop listening to what your parents tell you.Parents arent perfect and make mistakes as well you know?

dean7879
on my days of decision thread...d icke talks about global fascism

phinney6
roll eyes (sarcastic) America spoke when they voted, and many smart people who research this stuff disagree with the democrats and their smear campeign

phinney6
You talk about media bias, but what paper reported this thing???? The liberals reported it, and they always report rumors and anti-bush propaganda. He promoted something he believed in, wow what a crime???? And of course i bet you believe the democrats in congress that use THEIR propaganda to smear bush, but of course you believe that because its the "cool" thing to hate bush.

PVS
EDIT>>> *sigh*

Afro Cheese
So if you are against Bush you're "going with the fad?" What a load of shit. People aren't ganging up on jackie because she supports Bush they are ganging up on her because she posted a comment that was completely irrelevant to the article. Sorry jackie, but "get over the fact that bush won and democrats are fascist" really doesn't have shit to do with the article. It wasn't even really about Bush's presidency it was about the government directly funding the media to say a certain thing. It's not the same as having a liberally biased show that is biased by their own free will.. because they aren't being paid by the democrats to be biased. If you really don't see anything wrong with Bush paying the media to report things his way than come in and say "I don't see anything wrong with it" don't come in and say "you guys are just mad cause Bush won!"

Afro Cheese
What happen to the comment I responded to phinny? You changed it on me. Now what I said is irrelevant to what you said.

KharmaDog
And what do you call what was done to Kerry? A fair and unbiased rebuttal from the Republican party? blink

I'm sick of hearing about liberal bias in the press. Wake up folks, most news agencies and conglomerates that own media outlets are often not own by Democrats. Also people claim that Bush is attacked by the media on a constant basis, in truth they attack Bush's political adversaries much more often. During the Gore Bush election a sample of 3000 articles written about the candidates were written and the breakdown was thus:

Positive Gore 13% Bush 24%
Neutral Gore 31% Bush 27%
Negative Gore 56% Bush 49%
(numbers taken from the Pew Charitable Trust Project for Excellence in Journalism, based at the Columbia School of Journalism and is a non partisan body)

So there you go, no liberal bias in the media.

Lastly I am neither a Republican or a Democrat, I am Canadian and I have no loyalty to any political Party. However I am intelligent to know that if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it usually is a Duck. Ergo if Bush acts like an incompetent, warmongering liar, and talks like an incompetent, warmongering liar, then he probably is an incompetent, warmongering liar.

PVS
afro cheese and karma dog, well stated

Napalm
Im growing really tired to whiney liberals b!tchin about bush.

BackFire
Well his name IS in the title of the thread...

Afro Cheese
sucks for you

cornponious
Phinney, listen, this isn't the first time the Bush administration has been caught using federal tax money to promote propaganda in the media (which is a federal crime by the way). The other time was when the Bush administration created those fake news stories, and then had them ran in the mainstream media as REAL news stories.

People, this is fascism, plain and simple.

cornponious

Darth Revan
...So instead they voted for the Republicans and THEIR smear campaign. Real smart.

Since when did not liking Bush equal liking the Democrats? I think they both suck ass. Nobody in this thread has even once mentioned being a Democrat.

Darth Revan
True, but the article itself was referring more to the current federal government as a whole than Bush only. And even so, complaining about Bush is not the same as complaining about Bush winning.

MC Mike
People always complain about "whiny liberals".

Have they ever heard of Rush Limbaugh? He's the whinniest son of a ***** I know!

PVS
i find that conservatives in general are the whiniest.
the biggest irony to me is that they have never (from what i see)
been so angry as they are today...and why?

they control the house, senate, and have dubya sitting pretty in the whitehouse. if the left was ever privileged to such power, they would
be dancing in the streets singing "hallelujah"...yet now more then ever they
b!tch and cry in a panic about how the liberals are taking over. always angry, always in a panic, always calling for a war on something they dont like, even
in their finest hour. to what ends will they finally stfu, and does it involve a fourth reich?

Alpha Centauri
I hate Bush being in power but to be perfectly honest, while I know I don't live in the US, isn't it time that you let it go that he won the election?

Or at least be quiet about it.

Does it suck? Yes. How bad? Very bad. Will bitching make the next 4 years go by faster? No.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.