Thank You Christians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bardock42
Well even though most aboot your religion is crap, their are some thinks that are good or at least decent.

SO this thread is for us atheists, agnostics, buddhists,hindus, muslems, jews and whatsoever to thank you for what good you have done.

Bardock42
I like Joan of Arcadia.

The show just exists cause of christians so....THANK YOU

finti
yeah christianity thanks for nine years of tons of time consuming waste of time of religious homework

Cinemaddiction
We're not going to tolerate any defamatory threads, ESPECIALLY those pertaining to mocking peoples personal religious convictions.

finti
does that goes both ways, like we really dont need religious adverting threads too?

Cinemaddiction
Advertising? The person was proclaiming why they are a Christian, in which there is no harm. Threads like this, where someones obviously mocking a religion with intent to harm, isn't going to stand.

finti
if they dont like it they dont need to participate

Cinemaddiction
A Christian's participation isn't what is in question, and you have no arguement. This thread is in direct violation of the "Courtesy" guideline, in the KMC user rules and guidelines for participation.

This is clearly a defamatory thread, the likes of which are not tolerated or encouraged.

It doesn't matter if we "don't like it", again, as it's more or less against the established posting rules. Those participants, and threads involved, that continue to ignore said rules are subject to closure and furthur administrative actions.

Refrain from starting or participating in any such threads from here on out.

finti
ehh what is Joan of Arcadia

carnival_junkie
some TV show they made.
i havent watched it, though.

finti
what harm has it been in the postings so far

Cinemaddiction
It's self evident in Bardock's first posts, referencing to the "most of the Christian religion is crap" quip, and the subsequent "Thanks" for Joan of Arcadia reply.

Here's another Pro-Christian remark from good ol' Bardock:

Regardless of his original intentions, it's going to be taken the wrong way by most everyone, and I intended on doing some preventitive maintenance, which it is obviously too late for, so we'll just wait out the threads closure.

finti
yeah let see how objective you can be on the matter

BackFire
Okay, here's the deal. I'll allow this thread to go on for as long as it can without any blatant insults to Christians (or anyone else for that matter).

finti
good finishing there BF you covered your ass their, makeing sure I cant mock you as Arnold says it "calafornians"

BackFire
Oh, you can mock Californians all you want, I myself don't like most people who live here.

finti
calafornian can you tell me what the hell Joan of Arcadia is fro a kind of show

Afro Cheese
My grandad lives in huntington beach. Doesn't have anything to do with the thread I'm just saying.

Cinemaddiction
Oh, I'm very unbiased. It's ignorance and persistance in mindlessly splitting hairs that I don't tolerate.

Bardock42
Well that was my opinion, its like me saying I don'T like terrorism, I don'T see any problem in this thread. As it is not intended aws insulting anyway, more like gathering the lesser thiongs that wouldn'T be there without christianity. I hope I didn'T offend any Christian by saying I like Joan of Arcadia. And its pretty unfair to quote some of my older posts and use that as a reason why my thread can only be meaqntr in a harmful way.
And just for some hipocrasy why are you ESPECIALLY not tolerating mocking threads that mock religios people?
And this is in no way a defamatory thread, the thing I said aboot most of religion being crap, well I thought it was unnecessary to state that its just my opinion, but since its not : Its just my opinion not an eternal truth or anything.

BackFire
It's some show about some crackpot chick who talks to God and does his bidding or something. From what I can tell in the last episode she becomes a crack whore like most crazy chicks who hear voices.

finti
ignorance cause it different from how you see it?

Bardock42
Yeah its ****ing funny. SHe is like doing all this shit for god and she pretty much doesn'T get anything, you know like a modern Jean'd'Arc

moviejunkie23
I hope I didn'T offend any Christian by saying I like Joan of Arcadia.
....................................................................................................
this is the same post were he says most of christianity is crap he says i hope i didn't offend any christians because i like this tv show. laughing laughing
i am not offended by this post i am finding it quite funny

Afro Cheese
Well I like Christmas so thank you Christians for that one. And easter is ok because we get a few days off school. Pretty much just thanks for the holidays.

Cinemaddiction
Unfair? It's making the correlation, proving this isn't the first time you've attempted to get a rise out of Christians at the expense of mocking them Regardless of your intentions, you projected them the wrong way.

There's no hypocracy, either. I don't tolerate such threads, and that's that. You don't see a contingent of Christians going around making light of athiests in general, or booing Pagans.

No, it's quite evident that you think Christianity is crap, and for you to praise it in such a backhanded way certainly suggests that it was disingenuous.

Next time, form your posts a little more thoroughly.

finti
well Joan Of Arc got burnt at so she got something though

yeah well they more or less nicked them from other mythologies

havent looked too much into the Evelution thread then and a couple of other threads in this forum

so

Bardock42
err, no!
I have a question I am pretty new may I argue with a moderator?
Cause if that is so I had some things to say.

BackFire
Of course you can argue with a moderator, as long as it isn't insulting or anything.

Silver Stardust
Happens quite a bit, actually.

Napalm
This thread border lines on member bashing A lot of poeple here are christians

finti
then christian threads is member bashing too cause a lot of people here are atheist...................pfft what a lame argument

BackFire
There hasn't been any bashing.

Anyways, I thank Christians for the following...

-The Crusades

-Brilliant use of scare tactics

-The Witch burnings

-Christmas (this one is sincere, kinda)

-Usually being the last group of people to support reasonable equal rights.

-A book riddled with so many contradictions that it makes Oprah's weight seem consistant.

Napalm
If you can give me one friggin example of a christan bashing an athiest Ill take that back

Afro Cheese
laughing nice

Jackie Malfoy
Uh ok.Thank you for giveing us heaven and hell and having some of us believe that it is for real.JM

Napalm
The crusades happend hundreds of years ago It dosent matter

BackFire
Jesus died thousands of years ago, guess that doesn't matter either.

moviejunkie23

-The Crusades

-The Witch burnings

-Christmas

-A book riddled with so many contradictions that it makes Oprah's weight seem consistant. (backfire)

.....................................................................................................
ok at some point this is just getting funnier and funnier
Backfire stated ealier i am going to let this post continue as long as it doesn't have anything thats blatently bashing christianity.
laughing laughing laughing
well i guess thats concludes that huh????

BackFire
I didn't bash anything.... I gave my opinion on what I'm thankful for, where did I insult anyone or anything?

finti
oh so just cause it happened 100 of years ago it doesnt matter, so in a 100 or so more years the slave trade doesnt matter either, the holocaust doesnt matter. Dont try to run away for the role the church have had in the history of this planet

Silver Stardust
So because something happened a long time ago we should just forget about it?

...did someone say something about ignorant statements?

Napalm
People should b!tch about some stupid war that happend over 500 years ago. Americans were killed by Nazi germany Its no excusse to b!tch about after almost a century

moviejunkie23
I didn't bash anything.... I gave my opinion on what I'm thankful for, where did I insult anyone or anything?(backfire)
...........................................................................................
dude i really don't care man, its just if you put those two posts you had side by side its pretty funny man

finti
the reason to talk about it is to make sure it never happens again

Silver Stardust
That was a little over a half century ago.

And have you ever heard of learning from history? It's kind of hard to do that if you say "Oh, it happened a long time ago, it doesn't matter anymore!" Seriously....

Napalm
Yes the slave trade and the holocaust are stupid to whine about today. Nobody today was a slave and almost nobody is still around from the holocost

moviejunkie23
now now kids lets not bash chrisianity!!!!!
by the way did i ever tell you christians are witch burning un accepting crusaders!!!!!! (backfire)
laughing laughing laughing
dude you gotta love comedy

finti
oh I guess its ok then, lets close the books and forgett all about it.

Afro Cheese
Why do you call everything you don't like "b!tching" about something?

Silver Stardust
I'm going to be good and restrain from saying what I want to because if I were to say what I want, I'd likely get in trouble.

Napalm
Cause seriously you liberals whine to much about bush and gay rights and well just about eveything.

moviejunkie23
i think we should all gather together and sing a song guys

cccoooommmmbbbaaayyyyaaaaaa my lord cccccooooommmbbbaaayyyaaaaaaaaaa
ooohhhhh lord
cccoooommmbbbaaaaaaaayyyyaaaaaaaaaa

ok i feel much better how bout you? Happy Dance Happy Dance

Napalm
PM me

Silver Stardust
Where the HELL did THAT comment come from?! And exactly what does that have to do with this discussion?

finti
laughing out loud laughing ohh man did you get your name caus it was dropped on you or?

BackFire
And you're bitching about everyone else bitching. Good work, hypocrite.

Napalm
afro cheese asked

moviejunkie23
now now kids lets not bash chrisianity!!!!!
by the way did i ever tell you christians are witch burning un accepting crusaders!!!!!! (backfire)

dude you gotta love comedy

...................................................................................................
i thought i would just post that again if any of you missed the comedy in the frenzy i am telling you if you pay close attention this post is hysterical laughing

Afro Cheese
I was just asking you why you use the term b!tching in places it really doesn't fit. Talking about the crusades being an atrocity isn't b!tching...

moviejunkie23
and then later backfire posts to napalm i assume
"Good work, hypocrite."
key word being hypocrite
not trying to be insulting backfire this is just ammusing at some point

laughing laughing

finti
you sure you dont get spiritual by drinking MJ23 cool

Afro Cheese
I don't get it.

Afro Cheese
The hypocrite thing not the MJ23... though I don't know what that is either.

moviejunkie23
i don't get it either but i will give you a A for comical effort finti
big grin

finti
hmm looking at the add at top you have single chrisitans network, is that a kind of dateline or what. Wouldnt be too good if it was christians who think of committing adultery network, where married christians can meet and commit adultery

finti
MJ23 moviejunkie23, initials and all

Afro Cheese
Ah..

moviejunkie23
The hypocrite thing not the MJ23... though I don't know what that is either.

.........................................................................................
oh i was refering to backfire stating he would let this thread continue as long as there was no blatent bashing of christians then he goes on to paint a picture later that christians are fear mongering un accepting witch buring crusaders.
Then shortly afterwards he calls someone a hypocrite
laughing
Ok man you have to see the comedy here

moviejunkie23
hhhhhhmmmmmmm interesting finti

Afro Cheese
Yeah I get it now but there wasn't much explanation in your original post so I didn't get it the first time.

moviejunkie23
yea man people get weird when it comes to religeon, thats why i tried to make a post that was "why i am christian" so christians could talk about thier faith and testimonials and i was hoping it would be a place people could share their faith in piece. But you know how people get, it kinda turned out something like this room so far, i hope it turns around big grin

BackFire
Giving my personal beliefs towards Christianity is in no way bashing anyone. I didn't say "Christianity is stupid" or anything of the sort, I gave ACTUAL example of things Christianity has done. Giving my views is perfectly acceptable as long as I don't actually insult anyone.

Also, pointing out someones hypocritical views is perfectly acceptable. "Hypocrite" is not a bash or an insult.

moviejunkie23
your not understanding the humor between you saying you will delete this posting if there is blatent bashing of christianity and then this
...................................................................................................

-The Crusades

-The Witch burnings

-Christmas (this one is sincere, kinda)

-A book riddled with so many contradictions that it makes Oprah's weight seem consistant.
.....................................................................................................
and then you coninue after that little bit of hypocricy you call somebody else a hypocrite
i guess your not getting the connections man
and to say thats not bashing
what would this be if you said this about a gay man
1. gay men have a high risk of aids.
2. gay men are more likely than an average man to kill themselves.
3 Many gay men have been molested

ok do you like those comments? what would you consider them? I for one think those comments are unfair about gay people you have to take people from each individual.But MAybe you should post those in a thread that is about gay men backfire.
Think about it for awile man
you even said yourself your comments are not sincere.
Thats why it was funny you use the word "hypocrite"
sorry to break it to you man

moviejunkie23
oh and since you are partly sincere in thanking christians for christmas i have to say......

......don't thank me man i didn't die for your sins.

Captain REX
You're not being serious I hope.

I might have to borrow Finti's Viking Axe...

Captain REX
Face it, Moviejunkie. BackFire ain't a Xtian. He just (sort of) sincerely likes Xmas.

Silver Stardust
I'm not Christian either and I like Christmas....gives me time to actually see all my friends.

Captain REX
Same...sort of. I'm non-denom Christan, but my local churches REALLY suck and since my cool pastor and co-pastor were fired, I haven't gone to church in months.

It used to be really fun and shit, but now...it's...not...

Tptmanno1
OK just gonna say stuff.

Cinn, If someone creates a thread, its an open topic for discussions. Meaning we can express our opinions here, and if our opinions just so happen to be "Christianity Sucks" then so be it. We arn't flaming anyone just stating our opinion.
No offence but I think this mod thing has gone to your head...

Cinemaddiction
Well, you think wrong, and when someone sets out to deliberately upset others, it's against established rules and guidelines. I'm only doing my job.

42Bardock
We know, but you decided that thios thread is ok, diodn'T you. Not that anyone uses it as what it was int3ended but still

Cinemaddiction
No, I'm allowing it to stand because after some furthur consideration, I feel as if the intention of the thread, albeit somewhat suspicious in nature, wasn't extremely harsh or deliberately offensive. Besides, BackFire's a seasoned vet and he would have closed it down had it been too heated.

I myself am a Christian, and this could be viewed as a sensitive topic, moderate mocking of faith if you will, by many others. Just be careful in how you "word" what's on your mind. Don't call the religion crap, then go about "thanking" us for petty things like television shows,

In addition, rest assured that I won't let my religious affiliation cloud my judgment in the moderation of these threads, but I have no choice but to be strict when it comes to what *I* feel is abuse of priviledge, in hazing or flaming. I'm a rather unbiased person, and I will conduct myself as such, and I ask that others do the same in their debates.

42Bardock
Well that sounds fair.

Cinemaddiction
I'm a fair guy, although some people misinterpret what I lay out, even when what I do is clearly in the best interest of the forum and it's users. I appreciate your understanding though, Bardock. I wish more people would be equally as vocal.

Fire
Personally I see no reason to close this thread down. Indeed it is kinda psychotic to make a thread to "almost bash" a religion. But I saw noone here breaking any rules just yet.

WindDancer
I know you meant no offense Tptmanno1. But that was an unfair statement. I don't want to take sides here but Cinema was only pointing out something from the rules. You're quite correct on saying that is your opinions and that goes for everyone (speak your minds and listen to what others say). As long as there is no bashing everything should be fine. Everyone is entitled to their freedom to express their opinions.

On the topic on hand here is my opinion. Basically I feel there is already far too much finger pointing in our history. We should recognize our mistakes and should be willing to accept the consequences of our past. But instead of blaming we should ensure that events that happen in the past don't repeat themselves. Is a never a good thing to give too much power to a religion, nation, or any group of individuals. The problems of the past has been our own carelesness to monitor those in power. Yes, the church did commit those atrocities and we have to make sure it doesn't happen again. Same with any goverment of any group of people that have any political power.

42Bardock
Err that was hardly on topic

teakwonjoe
ok, christians, i have a question: i did some reaserch, and there is this place, called the tabernacle (spelling...yeah, i cant spell)...anyway, a tornado of fire comes from the sky, and speaks the word of god...so says men...anyway, again....if an unpure person comes in, they will be struck down by lightning...so my question: was paul or whoever stoned?... a tornado of fire? yeah, i dont see that ever, and some people really believe it...explain why...

finti
the tabernacle is a Mormon temple, it also refer to the movable sanctuary the ark of covenant(Raiders Of The Lost Ark) was carried in during the exodus, and a place were jews can worship.
Also the place around the alter in which the churches keep their stuff they use for the communion

Storm
It' s a biblical metaphor.

finti
very zeus like

42Bardock
yes, or jupiter for that matter

teakwonjoe
biblical metaphor or not... people believe in it...and i'd like to know why, because it seems like quite a strech to me, and i have christian friends that say, "oh yeah it's true, because the bible says so." and i dont want to piss them off, so if someone who does believe in it could give me a reason why, it would help...

teakwonjoe
and yes it is very greek or roman...which ever...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.