Does Anyone Know Whats Going On The With Nightmare On Elm St Prequel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHATS GOING ON THE WITH NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST PREQUEL?

Wes craven was commited to making the prequel to elm street and robert englund was always harping on about it in interviews, then Wes craven is not making the prequel apparently because of rights and ownership issues, now Ronnie Yu who directed freddy vs jason ( and is directing freddy vs jason 2) is rumoured to be on board and he has said he would really like to make it.

Does anyone know what the current situation with the prequel?

For those of you who dont know about the proposed sequel, it is to focus on freddy ( to be played by robert englund)before he was cooked by the inhabitants of Elm St and became the dream slayer, when he was human and killing children and the events that led up to is demise.

Cinemaddiction
They want to make an entire movie out of something that was efficiently covered in the opening of "F vs J"?

Good luck.

Napalm
Sounds cool

Wolfie
I don't see a point in it. We know what happens. As C-Dic said, we saw the prequel in the beginning of FvJ. We don't need a whole movie about what happens before he becomes the Freddy we all know and love.

BlackC@t
They're got thier hands full with Freddy vs. Jason 2 which is meant to be filming in June, so I'd say it will be awhile before anything happens, if not, never.

papabeard
I htink it would be good to go into freddys evolution in depth, Freddy as a Child, Why did he become a child killer etc, i think it has the potential to be ace. personally i thought f vs J was a load of crap, just a stupid comedy film, and they should be making the elm st prequel instead of wasting time on another comic book style F vs J, which give the horror genre a bad name

ironmovies
I luv Freddy and all the sequels(excludin 2)but jesus christ stop milkin the character and create a new 1 No MORE SEQUELS OR PREQUELS

Wolfie
Freddy's Dead has a nice short evolution of Freddy. Childhood, smashing hampsters or guinnea pigs. Teenage years, getting whipped by his dad, Alice Cooper, etc.

MornGlory
there are going to be prequels??? whoa! i didnt know that.

slayer
Soz Papa i don't.

Would u like me 2 search for some info?

papabeard
Yeah , that;d be cool.

I see your memorial to John Peel The KING OF RADIO, RESPECT

eggmayo
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Display=Category&Keyword=freddy

"The only rumor I know is of a prequel script floating around. A nasty little film called Elm Street: The First Kills, which would sort of be like a serial-killer film of what happened before Freddy was torched by the parents."

http://www.cinecon.com/news.php?id=0111271

http://chud.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-42893.html

papabeard
www.ugo.com/channels/filmTv/horror/article.asp?articleID=9035

Some info here!

www.filmrot.com/articles/news/001048.php

www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/e/elmstreetprequel.htm

papabeard
Anyone got any updated info on this and also the TCM prequel?

Wolfie
The prequel to the TCM remake is supposed to be released this Halloween I believe.

Azrael01
am i reading that right that they are making a reality show with Freddy Krueger on it. What the f**k?

Wolfie
I dunno if it's Freddy but Robert Englund is hosting some nightmare reality show. It shall be the only reality show I'll watch.

Azrael01
yeah I would watch it. Hopefully it won't be a survivor clone. evil face

slayer
here's a little info but i'll get u sum more smile

A prequel to New Line Cinema's remake where we will found out "why chainsaw" and "why massacre"- TCM producers. R. Lee Ermey's character as Sheriff Hoytt will have a large role.

slayer
http://www.creature-corner.com/?type=articles&id=366

Also has some good info smile

Wolfie
Probably a Fear Factor clone. Eh, it's Robert Englund.

Wendigo
IT WOULD BE GOOD IF THEY MADE IT BUT THEY WONT THEY WILL KEEP GOING WITH F VS J 2 beer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.