why i am christian.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moviejunkie23
I have noticed there are a few threads out there that are debating wether christianity is a good thing or not.
I thought that maybe it would be a good thing to have a thread were if you are christian you can post why you are a christian and what good it has done in your life big grin
Me personaly I was pretty troublesome as a teenager and when i got out of that stage i started to read the bible and pray and i felt like i was beginning to live again for the first time. I felt a spiritual kinda joy i didn't get from drinking and drugs.
After a time i began to worry about everything else but my faith and i began to go back into my old mode. With my old behaviors i found myself in the same positions.
Finaly when i hit bottom i went back to my faith. Its sad sometimes it takes turning your back on the faith for a time to really realize how important it is to you.
When i follow it correctly it keeps me out of trouble. When people are bad to me i realize it is best to be loving even when soemone is bad to me as an example of jesus. When i do this its like breaking the chains that are on me from learned behavior.
People usually find themselves in a sticky situation because they are not using gods wisdom but their own.
When i pray i cannot explain the feeling i get sometimes. Its overwelming.
I am thankfull jesus died on a cross for me and i take it with faith and with evidence in my own life and experience it is the truth
That is why i am a christian
anyone else would like to share it would be great

finti
do we need a thread to proclaim why we believe what we believe, thats kind of overkill

Cinemaddiction
Why not? If you're not interested in hearing peoples reasoning behind their chosen religion, ignore the thread and refrain from participating.

finti
then they must tolerate the mocking too

Cinemaddiction
Not hardly.

...and since it's too late for that, I'll submit this thread for review as well.

moviejunkie23
this is a thread for any christians to discuss why their faith is important to them and the positive things it has done in their life. I do believe this is a religeon forum so it is valid.

finti
you have churches for that

moviejunkie23
if they dont like it they dont need to participate(finti)
..................................................................................................
You were quoted in saying that in a thread that mocks christianity
i think that statement holds weight for this thread as well finti
this thread is for people who can share their christian testimonials in a religeos forum. It is appropriate

finti
it was an answer to cinema for his qoute in this thread

Cinemaddiction
This is the Religion forum, the thread pertains to someones religious convictions, stating the following:

That said, if you're not a Christian, then you apparently don't have anything worthwhile to add to the conversation, thus your participation is discouraged.

Junkie, if your thread happens to be closed this evening, feel free to start another, and hopefully it will be free of pollutant posts.

We're not going to acknowledge ludicrous double standards that would allow people with Anti-Christian sentiments to suggest that the religious contingent, namely Christians, should "accept" any form of hazing, and allow said instigators to continue posting as such.

finti
doesnt have to be turned into a place of religious testimonials

you know as well as I do that someone is gonna post "pollutant" post regardless what, and they do it just for to annoy

Cinemaddiction
It's not a place for those opposed to the Christian faith to mock it without provocation, either. Common sense would tell you that the one that's of a POSITIVE nature is the one that's going to stick around, as it's not bothering anyone, atleast not those encouraged to participate in said threads.

If people decide to continue to troll in threads that are gearing towards a target audience, they'll be dealt with accordingly.

carnival_junkie
every religion is a "good thing"
it's how a person acts upon it that matters.

moviejunkie23
We're not going to acknowledge ludicrous double standards that would allow people with Anti-Christian sentiments to suggest that the religious contingent, namely Christians, should "accept" any form of hazing, and allow said instigators to continue posting as such.
...................................................................................................
cinema said it best
thanks cinema i will copy my entry to the thread in case that happens.
But also i don't exclude anyone from my posts i just hope they can add something and be productive and let it pertain to the subject thats all big grin

finti
wait and see

religion is the cause of most of the trouble on this planet now and in the past

Cinemaddiction
Ignorance is worse.

moviejunkie23
actually i will spin what finti is saying into what this thread is designed to be.
At one point i had the same attitude as Finti does. Actually i mocked church and christianity allot and i thought i had it all down. It took time but God finaly worked on me until i went back to him.
So i am not mad at finti, actually i can relate to him allot. So there is no animosity whatsoever.
I am christian because of the grace of god not because of my own attitude, i meley accepted the gift of being able to believe in jesus
god bless you finti

carnival_junkie
i realize this.

but usually if one has a belief, one is happier.

finti
im blessed already without the help of any god

you really dont know my true attitude toward the church

thats highly debatable

Cinemaddiction
Being "blessed" in the Pagan sense doesn't seem like a blessing at all.

BackFire
Funny, because a large number of people become religious as a last resort against depression. Every Atheist I know is very happy and has no need for religion in their life.

Afro Cheese
Is this supposed to be like the opposite of that "Why I'm an Atheist" thread?

finti
because of?

moviejunkie23
Yea i have always been the happiest and always felt the most blessed the times i have seeked after god more thats all big grin just thought i could make a thread and share that with other christians

Bardock42
So wait if you are a christian you are allowed to say what good christianity has done in your life but as an atheist you are not? Oh well I see that is fair.

carnival_junkie
i'm happy.
and i have no need for religion.
but i have christian friends who are so happy with their lives and choice of religion

finti
no then it would have been called Why Im religious which actually would be more apropriate cause then all religious could be invited to tell their tale not just the christians.

Im waiting for when the bickering between the denominations starts, thats gonna be a load of fun

moviejunkie23
So wait if you are a christian you are allowed to say what good christianity has done in your life but as an atheist you are not? Oh well I see that is fair.

..................................................................................................
no bardock you can make any post you want as far as i care. But i think its good to keep on the subject of a post, and the subject of this post is "why I am christian"
I inteneded this post for christians that can express their faith thats all

Cinemaddiction
No. There are no double standards. Start a thread about why you're an Atheist. Nobody will mind.

Religious groups based on (a) God wouldn't have any business in a thread pertaining to a religion that doesn't believe in their existence.

Silver Stardust
There's already a thread about why people are atheist. It got derailed.

And people can post in whatever thread they want.

finti
even so the more appropriate way for this way would have been Why I believe what I believe, that away all different sets of beliefs could gotten invited instead of just chrisitans to talk about their faith. This way we could have one thread for all instead of one for each different set of beliefe their is

Bardock42
Yes there are, she is a loowed to make a thread why she likes christianity, I am not, well I am if you had something to say I wouldn'T.

Oh and I am a christian cause my parents decided I should get christened and all that shite. Itws not bad though I don'T mind, until I have to pay.

moviejunkie23
i don't care if anyone posts silver, i would just hope it pertains to the subject thats all big grin
I don't see people going into a terminator thread and talking about their favorite superhero spiderman. laughing

Cinemaddiction
That's a fantastic idea. Start it and close this one.

Not if they come in and derail the thread with inflammatory remarks, they can't.

Afro Cheese
Yeah there was an Atheist thread and plenty of Christians posted in there.

moviejunkie23
even so the more appropriate way for this way would have been Why I believe what I believe, that away all different sets of beliefs could gotten invited instead of just chrisitans to talk about their faith. This way we could have one thread for all instead of one for each different set of beliefe their is
..........................................................................................
great idea finti i think you should make that post. As for me i made the post "why I am christian" and since christianity is a religeon and this is a religeon forrum it fits nicley big grin

finti
what to go to the Terminator thread and talk about spider man or???????

global mods can change the topic of this one you know then we are all would be happy?, I think it is more interesting to see all the different ways of beliefs in one thread instead of having to jump between the lot, but hey that is just me .
Of course I can start one but we need to have rules that any way people portray their belief are ok, and for those who dont believe must argue it on a civilised level, no cause it is crap, no cause its aload of shit,

Cinemaddiction
..and did the Christians belittle the Atheists?

My reply was in response to your starting a "why do you believe in what you believe" thread idea.

Afro Cheese
I can't remember but they certainly weren't talking about why they were Atheist.

moviejunkie23
well then maybe its safe to say there are christians and atheists that should remember to respect eachother.

Captain REX
...which'll never happen in a gazillion years. No religions (or non-religions) will ever really respect each other. People are just too stupid.

Tptmanno1
Athiests Usually respect other religions, (all the ones that I've talked to) its the Other religions that have the problem. Most religious people have their heads way to far up their own asses to relize that
A) they may not be right
B) It doesn't really matter if they are right or not,
C) It is contradictory to whatever religion they believe in to hate/hurt/whatever other people from different or the same religion.

moviejunkie23
Athiests Usually respect other religions, (all the ones that I've talked to) its the Other religions that have the problem. Most religious people have their heads way to far up their own asses to relize that
A) they may not be right
B) It doesn't really matter if they are right or not,
C) It is contradictory to whatever religion they believe in to hate/hurt/whatever other people from different or the same religion.
.................................................................................................
ok man at some point these points are just getting silly.
Athiests respect other religeons beside your other comment religeos people have heir heads up their butt, yea man great showing of respect.
As for your points
A) they may not be right.
Though everyone should respect eachother a christians faith depends on that they are right. You don't say i may be saved by god but i may be wrong laughing I have a personal relationship with jesus christ but hey he may not exist. Common man think about it.
B) it doesn't really matter if they are right or not.
There whole way of life depends on wether they are right or not. Don't play boss man and tell someone how they should believe. You want them to respect other people then try respecting them as well.
C)It is contradictory to whatever religion they believe in to hate/hurt/whatever other people from different or the same religion.
uuuuuhhhhhhhhh yea??????? there are some people that misuse and follow theri religeon unaccrodingly but that is not a reflection of the religeon but of that person that does that. I thought we have visited that point 5000 times in these posts.
I can see these posts are going to be essentialy trying to explain to people the same thing over and over that follow on empty ears. If you want to play better than you games and say people in your religeon have their heads up their butts and every athiest is great then your just biased and its pointless to try to talk sense. I thought i would try though. But it seems some people like to point a finger at all christians becasue some are unaccepting and then act unaccepting towards the whole group of christians. Try to practice what you preach, thats all. Show the same respect and courtesy you want christians to show other people to christians. Its not hard

frodo34x
Then you are'nt a christian

42Bardock
Actually I am.
I don'T belive but anyway you are implying that I there are different rules for me cause I am not Christian. I wouldn'T ming If mj23 would open an why I am atheist thread, wouldn'T make sense I wouldn'T mind though.

frodo34x
You are only a Christian if you believe all the stuff. If you don't believe it, then you arn't a Christian.

42Bardock
still I should be allowed to open a thread claiming that I am, or ate least whats good aboot it, anyway it doesn'T matter so much since I was allowed to.
I think I will stop posting in this one though, since I don't consider myself chrisitian.

frodo34x
If you will claim to be a christian, I will claim to be a 6ft tall rabbit named frank.

42Bardock
You didn't watch Donnie Darko did you?
I bet the Catholic church wouldn't mind me pay taxes for them.

42Bardock
dammit I posted again

moviejunkie23
Hi.. My name is Bryan, I am a 27 year old male from Oregon. I found the Lord Jesus when I was 18, and have been walking with him for 9 years, granted it has not always been easy, but if there is one thing I have always believed, it's that Jesus will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5) He is always there with you..
When I was 10 years old I found out that there was a God when my mother introduced "church" to me. She was a loving mother, but had alot of inner problems. She thought that being a Christian meant you went to church on Sunday, and you could do whatever you wished for the rest of the week. A very poor example at best, but she was still searching for what Jesus really meant, as we all do everyday of our lives. When I was in 7'th grade I attended a Christian school, but never really knew the TRUE Jesus.

When I was 15, I was introduced to the joys of Alcohol, and shortly after, began to get into drugs. As my addictions to these began to grow stronger, so did my temper and hatred for mankind. I rebelled against everything you could possibly think of, Jesus, my parents, Christianity, School leaders, ETC. I was thrown out of school a number of times for fighting and talking back to teachers, but it did'nt matter to me, you see, because I lived for the next party.

This went on for a few years, till I turned 18. When I was 18, I was introduced to Jesus, not the Jesus you hear about in church, but a living, breathing Jesus. He lived in a man that I consider today to be a very dear friend. You see, this man, walked with Jesus, and it showed in everything he did. His family life, his work, everything. I began to slowly realize that this man was happy, and that I wanted that peace and joy in my life, So when I was 18, I gave my life to a living Jesus.

I began to read the word (Bible) And pray alot. As I got stronger in Jesus, people began to notice the change in me. Not your everyday run of the mill people, either: gang members, drug dealers, witches, and a wide variety of others. They would just come up to me on the street, and want to know about this Jesus person that changed my life so much. So I told them, and through me, Jesus was reaching out to others. It was an enormous responsibility sometimes, but it was worth it, to see the changes in people as they found the Living God, not a dead God, that died on a cross so long ago, but a LIVING, breathing God. Someone that would be there in every aspect of their lives; someone that would reach out and touch them, and take away all the pain they felt in their lives; someone that would leave the whole flock to come and find just the one sheep that had strayed. (matthew 18:12-14).

So here I am, I'm 27. It has been 9 years since I began my walk with Jesus, and granted, it has not always been easy, but he has always been there for me when I needed him..

...................................................................................................
i thought i would bring this post back to what it was intended with another christian testimony big grin
i was realising this room was turning into another debate room, i will try to keep it as on topic as i possibley can hehe

DuronKiller
i hear sth. like that often, because my family is christian.... but i cant say that he's there for me when i need him... he really isnt erm confused
i dont want to say that you must be wrong, but at the moment im doubting this all... how could i know that he is there if i dont feel him and ive got no other proof? erm

finti
found him?, never knew he was lost

found out that you believe there is a god yes

DuronKiller
@finti this is a "christian" thread, not a discussion thread if there is a god, so you cant question his statements if they match the christian belief...

finti
its part of a forum which makes anything up for discussion

frodo34x
Lets discuss Finti's taste in other men then

42Bardock
Frodo and finti sitting in a tree...

finti
interest in other men nah thats your department

Cinemaddiction
Let's stay on topics, guys. yes

42Bardock
My thank you thread is more popular than yours
mwuahhahahahahahahaha

Jackie Malfoy
It is good that you are a christian and that you believe in god and al that.There is no shame on that.Just don't read the others threads that are againt it.
What is funny through that of all the religons the christians are the first to be mocked.Why is that?And yet people are afraid of mocking people like jews and misums or any other kind of relions you can think about.JM

finti
yeah for all means dont see what other people think maybe due to their lack of tollerance towards other ways to believe

42Bardock
maybe, thats just not true?
Muslems as well as Jews are mocked, and were seriously persecuted in a way christians didn'T experience except for a few years after jesus death. What aboot those wicca or satanists or Hindus they are all mocked, or even worse not even taken as a religion. I think Christians shouldn't cry aboot some people mocking them, they are probably the least persecuted religion in the world.

frodo34x
Christianity comes from Judaism.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.