Ras Kass-Interview With The Vampire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyHorror
here's another good song...PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT LITERALLY

it has a deeper meaning...stupid people take this as racism...i read emails by Ras Kass himself about all his songs...and his songs are not racism.

Ras Kass-Interview With The Vampire

Ras Kass:
You want to talk to God? God never sleeps.

Chorus
Ras Kass: Now what came first,
the chicken or the egg?
God: Armageddon.
Ras Kass: A arm a leg a leg a arm a head.
Headin in
your direction.
The riddle was the answer to the question.
Born of the flesh, what is perfection

Ras
Kass:
Inside my mother's womb,doomed to return to the tomb.
Or was it from the dead I was raised?
All
too soon to pay, on judgement day,
Is this beginning or the ending,
Died sinning, still winning,
still grinning.
This ending, verdict still pending, born pretending,
Three-hundred
billion men, women, and children.
Deja vu, could be I'm dreaming,
But we all ask for divine
reason,
While still breathing, and until leaving.
Who?, What?, When? Where?, How?
But
most of all why?

God:
Why what?

Ras Kass:
Do we live just to die?

God:
The Book of Haden.
Way
before the after God pitting heads.
No God for me, mathematically, in division.
My decision
was all inventions.
I need not mention infinite dementions.
But the human mind's flaw was
limited comprehension.
So while you try to travle to Mars and the stars,
The God manifests
through the entire universe.
>From the Sun, Moon, the Earth.
I created man in my image and
the black man was first.
The scientific explanation, yea I made man out of dirt.

Ras Kass:
But
how can a man be first, when its the woman that's giving birth?

God:
Listen, single-celled
organisms.
The homosapien, the albanein

Ras Kass:
What's that?

God:
White people.

Ras
Kass:
They keep the world seperate and unequal.

God:
The teach you, right is wrong, wrong
is right.
Up is down.
Teaches King Arthur's throne, is the planets that are round

Ras
Kass:
Can we really time travel, and is there life in outer space?

God:
Wait, you knew all
this in the first place.
You tryin to get to God.

Ras Kass:
But, I've fallen from your grace.
A
billion paths to take, but which one is truly straight?

Chorus

Ras Kass:
Can you walk
across water or rise from the dead?
I heard he said he lived, and the son of man bled.

God:
Its
a process, shit dont just happen, I create it.
Everything you see, and shit you dont, son I
made it, and waited.
I'm the big bang theory and evolution.
Been there, done that, from revolution
to prostitution.
The first and final solution.
The quaran, bible, and vedas, is only tools,
dont
be confused when the medula oblagada do

Ras Kass:
Oh, so revelations is Genesis.

God:
Three-sixty
degrees are limitless.

Satan:
Shit, my motherf**kin nemesis.

Ras Kass:
Who is you?

Satan:
Son,
I thought you knew.
Who else? Lucifer, the lie bearer stupid, the devil himself.
He the creator,
we all the creations, guess i'm eternal damnation.
Got you bitches seaking your own salvation.
Who
taught you how to pray?
You read it in the book, look, your bear witness to Amen Ray.
Every
day when you say Amen, and then turn around and preach worshipin false
Gods,
Is an unforgettable
sin.
Yea the good book is like comic books,
You take 'em too literal,
I tricked you in to believin'
the power to reason,
Makes you able to live infinitely, in the physical.
Guess I'm the pawn
com lyrical.
Basically I tell true lies in general, the yin and the yang
The player with a
trillion years of game.

God:
He got you sellin your spiritual, for power, monery, and
fame,
I came out of tripple stage darkness, gave mortals my attributes.
But even you may
be a mystery God like the lockhead,
A used sign to prove or disprove my existence.
Tryin to
align this, artificial intelligence, cloned in a space station,
Tryin to build the tower
of babylon.
But you savages stake me, when I start erasin homosapiens.
You lookin for an
angel with wings,
I'm 'a bring young niggas with a ak, f**k a alien.

Ras Kass:
So what you
sayin is, you the one that created sin.

God:
What you call mother nature, was the nature
of me.
What you call evil, ultimately, was the force inside of me.
Matter cant be created
or destroyed it just changes shape.
One God, many people, and many faith.
And this is how
I wanted to do 'em.

Ras Kass:
Wait, wait, hold up.
Father tell me, who is God's son?

Chorus

God:
I
be the Jesus to your Buddah, the Chrishna at your Junah,
The big kahauna, Jehova Witnesses,
suede pumas.
Zuese, Pharoah, Elohim, Saturn, Yaweh Jiah,
Arastifa Rah, Allah, the most
powerful.
But then, only Adam and I.
I'm the oceans, the trees, a bumble bee, and a glock.
Earthquakes,
how much money you ever take.
The reason behind every mistake mankind continually makes.

Ras
Kass:
Did God create man, or did man need to create God?

Satan:
The answer is both, cause
how mortals look at God is odd.

God:
You try to customize me to be comfortable.
For what
you want to do, and how you choose to act.
The Roman Christians will tell you God aint black.
But
to get something from nothing is physically impossible, thats a fact.

Satan:
Black is
the combination of all colors

Ras Kass:
White is the lack thereof.

God:
Darkness is
beneath the ground, and in the skies up above.
The clue, is that the true illumination is me,
not illuminati.
Cause I alone discriminate,
Any who be believing they can rationalize
our out reason me.
Who created your creature, sutdent can never be greater than the teacher.
Wether
its Adam and Eve, or atomic chemistry.
I'm the one true source of all energy.
Who will evantually
destroy every enemy when I see fit.
I cant blaspheme my own name so when Goddamnit, so be it.

Satan:
Thats
called the wrath of God, but we gotta deal, I can chill
F**k up the whole world, and in the end,

He'll still fulfill his plan, to return man to his original position.
Nigga gave me some
hooks, and said I gets to go fishin.

God:
I gave man doiminion over the Earth, to master the
wealth.
But most of my children dont have dominion over theyself.

Satan:
Thats where
I come in.
Call it original sin.
Well, who really gives a flying f**k?
I taught you how to
blood suck, and ultimately self destruct.

God:
Know the ledge, wise the dome, do the data.
I'm
the alpha.

Satan:
I'm the beta.

Ras Kass:
And I'm omega.
To be or not to be was man's question
since conception.
I think that for our end, was man's preception.
But the birth is the ressurection.
The
son of God, or God's son, that lights our entire spectrum.
You got everlasting life, long
as you got day and night.
Illumination, not education, to bring the blind sight.
And what
you need to know is that you'll never know it all.
I'm a lowercase g, son of the ever-living
God.

burlyman
no expression

loserib
i dont give a **** what he says in his email he sounds racist to me smart but still racist i like the idea of conversations with god and the devil but it reads to me like african americans are form god and white people arnt
shit like that is what keeps racisim going

HockeyHorror
Wrong! wait let me go find email again and ill post what he says...he has sent many emails so ill post the ones i can find.

HockeyHorror
heres one email i found ill post some more later on

Hey Ras,
I'm a 19 year old guy from Australia, I'm a big fan of your music and give you props as one of the best MC's to step into a vocal booth. Now, the thing is alot of my friends claim I'm a fool, I support your shit and buy your albums, and my friends believe that it would truely sicken you to think a white person enjoys and respect your music. Now, I'm no idiot, I am the first to acknowledge the racism that has taken place in your country and my own, in the past and in some cases, in the present, but I honestly hope it does not carry on into the future. I do not find your music to be offensive to me personally, and I will continue to buy your shit regardless as I respect you as an ill MC, but, do you really have a sincere hatred for all white people? Do you honestly believe that your music, and hip hop in general, is not for whites. I hope not Ras, I have a true respect and love for this culture, and I beleive it is way bigger then nationality, and far deeper then skin colour. Anyway, if you get a chance to respond, please do, I'd really like to hear what you have to say.

Other then that, hold your chin high Ras, hope ur released soon.

Sincerly,
Christopher James
West Sydney, Australia

Ras Kass's Reponse (2-1-04):

"Chris I've never even said I hate white people! It's kinda like a smokescreen some people put up because they don't like the things I point out in society. Nope I don't hate all white people. I hate the actions of elitists who have for the past 500-2000 yrs. have committed genocide, rape and perpetuated colonialism and who to this day remain the dominant oppressive world power who just so happen to be a small number of white men. If they were black, red or green I'd hate their actions and would be vocal about it just the same. Plus I've never ever
said Hip-Hop is not for whites. Whoever is telling you this shit is obviously intentionally misleading you homey. But that's what haters
do-- try to discredit people, even through unfounded propaganda. Well, I hope I answered your questions Chris, and might I suggest you re-listen to my music. I definitely criticize blacks, rappers, and myself, personally 20 times more often than I do whites. No one ever accuses me of hating blacks tho Why is that?"

loserib
please find it i would like to read it
i think if i stood up and said the samethings he said just reverced them i would be called a racist and he says white people keep the world seperate but doesint this song talk about still keeping them seperate

HockeyHorror
dont worry im still searching for his emails there are alot so patience big grin

HockeyHorror
alright here's another one of his emails
this one is about another song called Nature of Threat...it has to do with history...i think i've posted that song somewhere at KMC before

Letter from James C:

yo ras

Bullshit that you'll ever get this message, but anyway..Im from New Zealand and I wouldn't consider myself a racist person.You're song nature of the threat is pretty ****ing racist, I understand where youre comming from tho, but I think the way to cure racism is'nt to remind the racists of the facts or try to prove them wrong by doing some research, it's not that simple. It will take thousands of years for people of different nations to become socially accepted in some places. I think hip hop and rap creates racism, it creates ghetto's and places black people and other races apart

eg: white people can't rap its only for black people...

In New Zealand now the native people and the surrounding Islands now think there from the ghetto, but their getting paid benefits from the government for being unemployed, having children, being single, crippled etc. It's not the same and you understand what Im talking about that isn't the ghetto or wateva, but its creating crime and seperation.To tell you the truth many people are imaging themselves and having people like yourself as role models , are your songs gonna solve the problem?

sugarsniffer

Response from Ras Kass:

"The best way to predict future behavior {is} to examine past behavior"- Don Dahler

"Guess it's not so bullshit, I got your letter. To be completely honest with you James C. I think your letter is rank with racism, or at least ignorance. at the worst -stupidity. I'm not calling you stupid but to say that hiphop/rap creates racism is just not an intelligent thing to say. Rap has existed for about 20-25yrs James. I don't think the Dutch who colonized South Africa a few hundred years ago were listening to 50cents album. The Spanish Conquistadors who slaughter the natives up and down Central America didn't have the new Kay Slay mixtape; not even the American whites had any Run DMC, or P.E. when, after 400 years of chattel slavery, they bombed churches killing defenseless children and barbarically beat "peaceful protesters" because they wished to exercise their right to vote. And that was just about 40yrs ago! Racism yes; No rap tho! Actually, James you prove my point. You are exactly the reason why it's important that songs like Nature of a Threat exist. To hold a mirror to the face of the oppressor because the oppressor tends to live in a false reality. It's easier to go to sleep at night if you don't have to be reminded how many "natives" you ****ed over to live as comfortable as you do. Don't get defensive because you don't like the reflection.

Any University/College history professor will tell you that history is usually written for the point of the victor. Whoever wins tell the "story". The purpose of a Nature of a Threat is the same as why a mother teaches her infant child to speak, write, and not to touch fire; to transmit acquired learning experience. That way the next generation has the "sum total of knowledge" that his ancestors pass on. If all of us had to start from scratch meaning, create a language, learn agriculture, etc, we would have no civilization. Likewise, because especially in America (and apparently in New Zealand too), non-whites are so mis-educated we are constantly having to start from scratch. Meanwhile whites are also mis-educated but it's a curriculum that tends to favor the Eurocentric way of thinking. That's probably how you could even try to equate Hip Hop with "single, crippled" (Natives) who create crime cause they want to be ghetto. I mean, be for real man, crippled people are your society's downfall because they need economic assistance? How ****in' heartless are you? You ever thought maybe the natives never asked you to be there in the first place? To answer your question tho, knowledge is power. I am not God and I do not purport to have all the answers on how to solve the problem of racism, but I do believe that if a man doesn't treat you right then by no means will he teach you right. All I did was gather as much information from credible sources to paint the most accurate truth I could. In the end it's ironic that you're offended because I simply told the TRUTH. Maybe you should ask yourself if you're a part of the problem...be a part of the solution!"

loserib
thats still saying he hates white people he is just wording it good i meen if you read it he is not even denieing it

it says i dont hate all white people wich says that he does have a hate for white people just not all of them "prolly the ones that buy his record"

now lets flip this around and i said this and please this is just an example
i dont hate all black people just the ones that .........

now wouldint that be a racist comment no matter what i said at the end of it

loserib
in the next one you poted he keeps talking who the non whites have it hard well i dont know about where you live but most of the non whites here live better then the whites i dont really know any ritch white people and i was on welfare since the day i was born his rap does not create racism but it helps keep it alive

loserib
you know this really bothers me to he does not even know this guy but he accuses him of ****ing over the natives now tell me hockey do you know anyone person alive today that had anything to do with anything like that i dont see why people have to take blame for something that happend so long ago i meen it its wrong to blame jewish/roman people for killing christe but its ok to blame white people to slavery

HockeyHorror
alright let me TRY to some it all up cuz i know there are couple more emails be patient big grin

alright now honestly im racist against Turkish people, cuz of what they did to the Armenians in the early 1900's....

i can see how Ras Kass feels about whites but you do know he's friends with many white rappers(Eminem, Diabolic etc etc)...not only white rappers but his friends from high school were white also...

let me find the other ones and ill post them big grin
good to see your replying Loserib

HockeyHorror
here's another one but its not the one im talking about just wait big grin

Damn, i never thought i'd get a chance to holla @ u. This ain't a diss so don't take it the wrong way. First, i wanna say you one of my favorite mc's and you've inspired me alot as you'll see. I'm gonna tell you straight i'm white but i don't find you racist as some other people do. Everything you say has truth to it and 'Natrue of the Threat' really made me stop and think when i first heard it because it went against everything i was taught growing up as a christian and shit. Now, i'm 18 and i'm alot more open minded and i'm interested in this whole issue not just racism but religion aswell. I think 2 myself, ok so if i believe in god and jesus and the bible and all that shit what about muslims believing in allah and so many other religions are they all wrong??? I know believe that aslong as you believe in something, a higher force that's all that matters. Like i said i've listened to 'Nature of the Threat' a number of times and it's really an incredible track. Back in September of 2003 i actually made my own version of the song that'd i'd like you to see and tell me what you think. By far, i'm not as intelegent as you, i could tell you know your shit. I know this is pointless but different message boards were having a west coast rapper tournament judging artists for months and you actually came out number 1. You have alot of fans and people supporting you including me. No matter what, even if you never blow up the underground respects you, ask any1 who knows there hiphop and mention the name Ras Kass and your respected as one of the greatest mcs to ever touch the mic. On the west coast hands down you the illest. Some of the shit u say make u just stop for a sec and be like 'Oh shit, i can't believe he just said that!', make you rewind the track a few times ahaha... Aiight, i wanna get to this shit. This is some deep shit, i would really appreciate a reply. I let some peeps see this, i don't think they could really understand it coming from a whiteboy's perspective but where i come from racism is not really an issue cuz i kick it with every1, white, black, puerto rican, whatever... but i felt that this shit is still an issue so i had to speak on it and let people know the way i feel. I hope your not offended by it as i am white. Although you have expressed that you are not a racist per say and no matter what i respect you and your a huge inspiration to me. Hold ya head up!

Artist: YuNg bLaYzE a.k.a. An-Tony-0 Montana

Song Name: "Nature of the Threat 2003"

this is reality, this is life as i know it, as depressed as i see it... my writings are the expression of how i show it, and believe it is... the equality of life, the force that binds us, split the energy... u need 2 treat ya mind like ya whip for a second n 'shift' ya memory... cuz blayze will have u thinkin' beyond your mental bandwith... slopes get slanted, while exterior paramiters get expanded... like actually believin', that roswell has landed apoun us beins... basically thinkin' outside the box is the common expression... like a game on the back of a cereal box, between the coma's is weapons... in the form of words, vocabulary that'll bury u like bodies in the dirt... and no i ain't a genius, wit bags of weed and liters of soda pop... i'm bout to have my own "Festival of Trees" like the spring equinox... my science is too complicated, and i dropped out in the 10th grade... wit a mind like Einstien, servin' cats like i went throu Yale's gates... but i just read alot, and listen 2 the teachings of real mc's in the process... yet throu my thirst for dollars and my quest for knowledge, i got stressed... stopped believin' in jesus, started eatin' the fetus of past teachings... blayze is like the last of the mohicans, rightous, fightin' opression... and christ was a pagon myth that the christians adopted n let in... 2 there minds detabase, but how do u explain the stigmata then... cuz i was born christian but i can't believe in such things as god-men... althou i do recognize a higher force and pray, i'm not athiest btw... but most profits are false, greek mythology strays, from truth... there was never no poseidon, apollo, hermes or zeus... in 2003 after 2, all there is a lack of proof, and herpes 2 the youth... it's all corrupted, no1 goes 2 church nomore but the elderly... patrons in black worship satan, so how can i believe what u tellin' me... if the pagans had similar belief's before a.d., and wit so many religions... some worship allah, some just worship the time that there givin'.... and not til "soul on ice" ras kass, not eldridge cleaver... did i begin' 2 question religion, hell, heaven and it's believers... cuz every1 follows there own path, some even polytheists... they believe in mutliple gods similar 2 the greeks did... others can't forget the past, and start takin' durastic measures... but no1 should be held accountable for the trangressions of ancestors... cuz i didn't ask 2 be born white, so why u hatin' on me???... i didn't enslave your ancestors, whip em or hang em from trees... and if i could, i would go back and take the back lashings wit em... cuz maybe in a past life i was even the black man who they was hittin'... but u don't think about that do u, shit, u could of been white too!!!... the same ppl u fight for, u could of enslaved in the cotton fields... raped there women, chained and starved them, u could of killed... your own ppl, cuz i'm a firm believer in reincarnation... souls gettin' recycled from body 2 body, energy and equation... so this is my nature of the threat, it ain't the white man or the black... it's the closed minded ****s that can't move on and except the fact... that we all human, what was done was wrong but can't be corrected... but what we do tommarrow can end oppression, so take heave in this message...

Ras Kass i hope you read this shit homie. I never thought i get the chance 2 let you see this shit. This is the most intellegent, knowledgable rhymes that i wrote. I would like to know what your feel and i'm sure that many things confuse you too. This life we lead is like one big mystery. Like i said before i'm nowhere near on your level mentally. I don't really know any1 else in the rap game with your level of intellegence except for maybe Canibus. Dude is sick, i know you fuxx with Canibus too. The Fourhorsemen gotta be the sickest group of mc's ever assembled and i never thought you'd hook up with Jedi Mind Tricks either. That track is straight heat btw. Just wanna say hold ya head up! Times get rough for all of us. Life is struggle, but ey no1 said it was gonna be easy. BTW, i'd like 2 know what u think about the part of your fanbase that is white???

Ras Kass's Reponse:

"What up Blayze. I appreciate you writing me and especially for sharing your Nature of the Threat 2003. That shit was dope! All bullshit aside it had me thinking out the box, specifically the "reincarnation" scenario. I'am undecided whether I believe/disbelieve "what if". Wouldn't that be crazy if we had to take turns being everything, switch each lifetime? White, Black, Asian, Ant, Fish, etc... Anyway, much love for letting me get a bar of it! To answer your question I never specifically "analyzed" my white fanbase. I just try to be thankful that whoever can dig my art. Like you said, in the end we all humans. I feel like we all have cultural backgrounds/perspectives and, in a perfect world, we can celebrate one without shittin' on the next persons; and hopefully the next person can get something out of it, just like I got something from your song! Who happens to be white, I am thankful!"

HockeyHorror

loserib
thats cool hockey im glad you took the time to prove me wrong/write
you back up your ideas i like that about you i do respect ras kass he has a right to say what ever the **** he wants to say no matter who likes it or not just dont aggree with all of it

HockeyHorror
exactly^

i dont agree with everything he says also. but i respect that he trys to prove something or expresses something unlike other artists who just rap about money, sex (not a bad idea lol), cars etc etc...

HockeyHorror
good discussion loserib smile

anymore comments people?

HockeyHorror
i thought there would be at least a couple of more comments...

loserib
no prob bob

MF D00m
i don't think loserib gets it

madsci
i know i'm catching the tail end of this conversation, but i wanted to add that ras kass is probably one of the most underrated emcees in hip hop. unfortunately, it is because of this, and the simple fact that he expresses himself without reservation, that he has encountered more stumbling blocks than any other emcee. interview with the vampire is one of the most amazing songs i have heard from a hip hop emcee. lyrics alone don't do it justice because the music is just as powerful.

i believe his purpose of writing this song is to make you and i think of what is most important (as evident in the above email response). what is not important is money, jewelery, expensive cars, record deals, and ultimately, other individuals in our lives. what is most important is our thought processes and our beliefs, because if we do not have control of our own mind, who does? the goal of this song is to make the listener think and reflect upon themselves (also evident in r.k.'s response). but as imperfect humans, some immediately focuse merely on race, or the discussion of prejudice between the races. why? i believe because it is the easiest way of discounting what he has to say to society. once an influentual spokesperson can discount something as rascist, the politically correct brain dead masses will regard it as so, and never attempt to reflect introspectively. the bigger point he is making, or question he is posing rather, is what do you believe and why? do you have a full grasp of your beliefs, or do you believe what you do because you are one of the indoctrinated brain-dead? don't accept what is given you at face value, from anyone, because all too often it isn't what it seems.

word to the wise, "if you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things."
- Rene Descartes

madsci
hip hop purist

HockeyHorror
nice Madsci

good to see different responses but cmon people there has to be more comments to this song...just post it big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.