Resident evil 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vladimir
Hi! I wonder i f anyone knows any news about resident evil 3 , plz post them here so fans can see. Than u very much! And disscuss resident evil :Apocalypse

moviejunkie23
well vlad i am under the impression its a good possibility 3 will happen. Anderson that wrote and directed 1 and wrote 2 said he thought the series "still had legs"
and about 2 yea man it was enjoyable big grin

Vladimir
what do u think 3 will be about?

Resident_Alice
#3 is going to come out. I Heard its called "Resident Evil: Afterlife". And its about Alice & Co trying to shut down Umbrella. And I Think Alice Turns Bad.

Resident_Alice
Go to Milla Jovovich's Site to find HEAPS of really cool PICs off RE2 & RE.
Look Up Milla Jovovich on google.

dean7879
im gonna slit my wrists

BackFire
Here's all I know about it -

It will suck.

MildPossession
As far as I know, there is no official news on the third, not even a name.

dean7879
i agree...like the last two did

Beastro
JUST SHOOT ME!I WANT TO DIE!

Cinemaddiction
What exactly did you guys dislike about the first 2? I know that nobodies bothered asking you that before. stick out tongue

Beastro
I dont know why people are entertained by these movies.There so bad it makes me want to cry when I think of another ne.

dean7879
resident evil provides decent entertainment..........i just dont like the characters,the acting and the plot.....resident evil 2 is twice as bad...crap acting...i dimensional characters....cheesy action sequences....i coudnt believe my eyes when milla started running down walls....bollox....
Roger Ebert wrote 'If you meet anybody who likes this movie, don't let them date your children big grin

MildPossession
Most of the action was empty in the second RE movie, I did love the part running down the building though.

Beastro
That was so cheesy.Why couldnt she just walk up to them instead climbing 100 stories and then running down them again just to make an entrance?

Roger Ebert also said how I feel about this movie "Its based on a video game and it looks like they dumbed it up to make it a movie"

Leon s.kenedy
I prefer the game

MildPossession
She was up there to kill the guy who was about take a sniper shot at the people she was with, then decided to run down the building on the wires since they would never expect that, plus a quicker way to get back down there, i suppose

Things in the movie that were far cheesier.

Beastro
Knowing her she good've shot at him from the ground and made it with no problem messed

I was laughing at the part when she was walking down.I was saying to my brother "she just happened to have a hundred foot long cable handy and she was able to set it up in like 2 seconds".I geuss you can rent it for the laughs that I had throughout the movie just looking at how bad it was.

And is it me or did she have superhuman strength?Because when she was fighting nemesis towards the middle of the film she was jumping over cars and fences and not even getting hurt.

MildPossession
'And is it me or did she have superhuman strength?'

Were you even watching the movie?

'happened to have a hundred foot long cable'

I thought that rope was already there in the first place. Oh well.

gls
ummm u apparently were'nt watching the movie beastro because it was explained that umbrella tested the t-virus on her and she bonded with it making her evolve.

MildPossession
Some stuff on RE3, contains some spoilers for RE2.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-film.html?2004-09/10/12.30.film

Hey, it's something.

embarrasment

Beastro
How does she think it did well?Both films gross combined dont even cross the century marker.

Cinemaddiction
Worldwide, they've made $230 Million dollars, not including DVD rental and sales figures.

Beastro
So its the rest of the worlds fault where getting another one?Damn them!

aba182
why do people randomly say they want to die on this forum? it is kinda weird. and do you smell that cabage? oh yeah resident evil 3 is going to be a good movie I hope. it has potental I hear it is sapoused to be takeing place after the games because resident evil 1 was before the games 2 was kind of about resident evil 3 the game and the 3rd movie should be sweet. it should take place after and give some conclusion. maybe if we are lucky they will destroy England like in 8 days later.(or how ever many days it was). but I am excited for resident evil 3. oh yeah and to all the people we are talking about killing them selfs I would have to ask you to no because I had a friend kill himself and it was %100 the worste thing ever and you shouldn't but anyone through that. so just do more drugs and try and get laid some. peace

gls
anywho i got decent news...
Paul anderson says that he might not direct! he's not sure..but lets jus pray...
i enjoyed the first one..the second was jus for entertainment..was kinda cheesy.
anywho maybe with a new director the movie will be better.

Zilverz
Originally posted by gls
ummm u apparently were'nt watching the movie beastro because it was explained that umbrella tested the t-virus on her and she bonded with it making her evolve.

yes she is exactly what the umbrella corp was trying to make .. supersoldiers

gls
yup, and that's most likely gonna be most of the plot of the last movie yes
oooo i hope they throw in tyrant or someone similar.
i dont remmeber the main villians from code veronica ...
i dont think they'll have anything from RE4.

Azrael01
http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/residentevil3.php
sounds like they want to do another one

n_ocent_amber
if you dont like it just say you dont like it why do people have to go overboard about how they want to die if there is another one or some crap like that....some people do like them and if you dont want to either hear about the 3rd one or see it....dont!!

masta shake
man the new movie is called resident evil after life or code alice because alice turns bad like nemsis this deano sucks even more i know re2 dint suck it was tight

xmeowx
i think the RE movies are dumb! the first one was so-so, but i think that they should actually have used the real characters from the game. usually movies based on video games blow! but hopefully im proved wrong with Silent Hill.

jc12345
XMEOWX IS RIGHT MOST MOVIES FROM GAMES TOTALLY SUCK. THATS WHY I WAS SURPRISED THAT THE RE MOVIES DIDNT'. FIRST ONE I WAS MAD THEY DIDNT TAKE THE GAMES STORY LINE BUT WATCHING WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT THE GAME IT WAS COOL. AND APOCALYPSE THE EFFECTS WERE GOOD NOT CHEAP MADE THATS ALWAYS A THUMBS UP.

gls
Originally posted by jc12345
XMEOWX IS RIGHT MOST MOVIES FROM GAMES TOTALLY SUCK. THATS WHY I WAS SURPRISED THAT THE RE MOVIES DIDNT'. FIRST ONE I WAS MAD THEY DIDNT TAKE THE GAMES STORY LINE BUT WATCHING WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT THE GAME IT WAS COOL. AND APOCALYPSE THE EFFECTS WERE GOOD NOT CHEAP MADE THATS ALWAYS A THUMBS UP.

don't use caps its annoying

yes most game movies suck. but theres always some execs who want to make some money quickly

Tthe Almighty
Movies turned to games are the worst expecially the punisher i hat that game.

*Kitty*Killar*
big grin I'm pretty new here and I don't know anyone here but I wanna reply to the post about Resident Evil 3. I love Resident Evil and there should be another part because don't they have to like save the city, or maybe like the zombies will like get threw the gate or something so they should save the city. I think Resident Evil 3 should be.

I'm a Ring Fan! evil face evil face evil face evil face evil face

residentevilrox
i love resident evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love it!!!!! love it!!!!!! love it!!!!!!!!!! lalalalalalallalalalalal!!!!!! LooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooVeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
!!

Impediment
The Resident Evil games are my favorite of any genre because they have a fantastic story, great game mechanics, offer countless hours of replayability, and are the only games to scare me from time to time. The movies, however, are an insult and an atrocity to dedicated fans like myself. I realize that if they were to take the EXACT names, plots, and story from the RE game itself, then there wouldn't be much of anything to expect from the movie when watched by us, the gamer fans. But c'mon people!!! Couldn't they have tried a little harder?? It wasn't even remotely scary, the scenery was too colorful and bright, and it was more of a cheesy sci-fi flick wannabe than a "survival horror" movie. And I will not even waste my motor reflexes to type about RE: Apocalypse. It hurts too much. Bottom line is: If another RE movie is to be made, it most likely will suck harder than the last two.

LiL nAstY GirL
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/residentevilnews.php?id=10004 sounds good

ragesRemorse
you know, the first one actually tried to be a film, and did a pretty decent job for being a video game adaptation. The second was pure garabge, aside from milla OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhh milla

tpaquin
Um, I disliek it because it throws implied horror subtleties to the wind in exchange for harcore, nonstop groin vibrating action.

Movie_Geek_
I liked the movies and the games. ( If you can not tell by my sig ) I think people will be B***y no matter what they did with the movie. If they went with the caricaturs of the games then people would say they did not get they right. If they went to make it totally scary people would say there is more to it then horror. You just can't will. I think that the first one was a better story but the second better action. I have played near all the games and think they did a good job. As for critics, when have they ever got anything right? I personally cannot stand professional movie critics, if you where to count the times they where wrong about a movie of any time , you would never stop counting. I can not wait for the next movie.

b-dan
i dont really find that movie to be a horror maby sci-fi or action

Movie_Geek_
It is a hard movie to classify. It could be any one of sci-fi, action, or horror. I had to look in all three sections at the movie rental place one time. When I did find it it in horror because I think the is what the movie calls itself.

pr1983
the biggest mistake they made was the bloody alice character...

resident evil is about simply surviving, not running down walls and having superhuman powers...

the third will most likely suck...

Impediment
Agreed. Alice is too unbelievable of a character. I want to see bio-engineered mutants of creation and zombies, zombies, zombies!! RE2 was too focused on Nemesis, which took away from the plot, I felt.

Lady_Jade
My FAVOURITE games ever are the Resident Evil games and the films flat out sucked. I don't even want to get into it. I might just have to punch something.

pr1983
2 movies and still no tyrant, chimera or spider monsters...

stunna1773
i cant wait

Movie_Geek_
I do not think the movies kept to the game much but I do not think that they where bad movies. I an a hard fan of the games and think they are better than the movies but I think it was cool to see the game come to life in one form or another.

stunna1773
yea its kool especelly the 2nd one with the stars vs all the zombies almost looks exactly the same as in the game

Movie_Geek_
A lot of the movie scenes are taken right from the game if you pay attention. So is a lot of the music.

stunna1773
yep

pr1983
Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
I do not think the movies kept to the game much but I do not think that they where bad movies. I an a hard fan of the games and think they are better than the movies but I think it was cool to see the game come to life in one form or another.

so why alice then?

Originally posted by stunna1773
yea its kool especelly the 2nd one with the stars vs all the zombies almost looks exactly the same as in the game

stars got killed by nemesis...

Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
A lot of the movie scenes are taken right from the game if you pay attention. So is a lot of the music.

so how are the games more entertaining and more enjoayable?

Movie_Geek_
Because I like the story of the games more and the characters. Plus the game is the original.

I do not get what you are asking "so why Alice then?" what are you asking?

Thoma5
Originally posted by pr1983
the biggest mistake they made was the bloody alice character...

resident evil is about simply surviving, not running down walls and having superhuman powers...

the third will most likely suck...

Agree...

Movie_Geek_
Alice is a unbelievable character in the second one. I do not see a problem with her in the first one except the wonky memory thing was a little odd but they had to develop some sort of story line. The second was not as good as the first but I still think they are a good add on the the games. I think it would have been better with out the super power thing.

stunna1773
well the only reason she has those super dooper power thingys are because of the t-virus and she got lucky that she didnt get mutated like nemesis did

KidRock
I loved the first 2. The 3rd one will most likely be good.

Impediment
A snowball's chance in Hell, if you ask me.

Darth Nauj
Originally posted by LiL nAstY GirL
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/residentevilnews.php?id=10004 sounds good
yeah I cant wait big grin. I'm such a superfan of the games especially the original ones (the 1st RE was awesome) big grin. anyways I do enjoy these movies because they are super fun. I cant wait for the new ones

moonrays
I Like the part when Alice! when she was riding a bike and then she hit the LICKER then she shot it! the bullet time was awesome! cool

stunna1773
i think the second one was better cause like 4 people died in one second in the first one

Movie_Geek_
Well people dieing is a bit more realistic to the game. I liked the action of the second one better though.

stunna1773
hell yea good scenes

The Biker Scout
So, it ain't about the women or the cheese? Got my vote. Check it.

LiL nAstY GirL
Maybe they'll put some more characters from the games into the movie... If they do who do you wanna see?

I'm hopping for Rebecca Chambers

Gregory
Originally posted by moonrays
I Like the part when Alice! when she was riding a bike and then she hit the LICKER then she shot it! the bullet time was awesome! cool

There are people who liked that scene? Good God.

The good thing about a Resident Evil movie, though, is that it's very easy to capture the feel of the game. if you just have enough things jump through glass windows, you're basically there.

LizzyT123
I hated the first Resident Evil, because it was nothing like the original video games. I haven't seen the 2nd yet, but I hope this third one should be good.

LiL nAstY GirL
Lookie!!!

Resident Evil: Extinction to Start in 2006
Source: Variety February 8, 2006

Resident Evil: Extinction, the third installment in the popular game-to-film franchise, is set to begin production in 2006. Russell Mulcahy (The Shadow, Highlander) will direct with Milla Jovovich reprising her starring role.

It was previously believed that the third film, written by Paul W.S. Anderson, would be titled Resident Evil: Afterlife. Reports said the movie would be set in a post-apocalyptic world overrun with mutant zombies. The setting was the Nevada desert with the Aussie outback standing in for the American wasteland. In the final reel, the action would have shifted to Japan, setting up the fourth installment.

It's unclear now if Resident Evil: Extinction will follow that same storyline or whether or not a fourth film is still planned.

Sony's Screen Gems will again distribute the film in North America.

Wolfie
I saw the first. Eh, it was so-so. It didn't keep me very entertained. Some sequences were average at best. I haven't seen the second yet. I may rent both of them 'cause I would need to refresh my memory of the first (there wasn't anything memorable) to have a fighting chance to enjoy the second.

dontworry x3
resdient evil is one of the best movies. lol ... out of topic.

dontworry x3
i'm hoping to see that little girl in the movie like in resident evil 2.

allofyousuckkk
she will be, she was in the car at the end of 2...........plus, she has nowhere else 2 go

Undertaker
Originally posted by Deano
resident evil provides decent entertainment..........i just dont like the characters,the acting and the plot.....resident evil 2 is twice as bad...crap acting...i dimensional characters....cheesy action sequences....i coudnt believe my eyes when milla started running down walls....bollox....
Roger Ebert wrote 'If you meet anybody who likes this movie, don't let them date your children big grin

Roger Ebert? What the **** is a Roger Ebert? What a FAT C*NT, Resident Evil isn't A-Grade movie, But from a Game it has to be one of the best ever, All these game movies are Rubbish but with RE they tend to keep some of the game in the movie but to each there own, I like RE both the game and Movies.

K.Diddy
Any new news on this movie?

LiL nAstY GirL
First Pics!!!!

Alice (Im kinda feeling the new costume)

LiL nAstY GirL
Claire (I dunno about this)

LizzyT123
it'll probably be a complete load of sh*t. I saw the first, and parts of the second. I hate how they have Alice in it. Its soooooo unloyal to the games, and it just doesn't make sense. And then in the second one they make Jill seem like a pussy when she's very hxc in the third game, and the next movie will probably just be crap. (sorry, rant mood, lol)

LiL nAstY GirL
You have to admit, Alice looks pretty bad ass in that pic

LizzyT123
sorry, I just don't like Milla Jolvich

steverules
Is there gonna be a 3rd Resident Evil movie?

Impediment
Unfortunately, yes. And, even more unfortunate, it will have Mike Epps in it.

steverules
Dunno who that is. But will begin where the 2nd left off?

LiL nAstY GirL
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=320072&perpage=20&highlight=Resident+Evil+forumid%3A58&pagenumber=1

crazy_shadow
I don't see why some people said in this thread "i didn't like the first 2" . Well if you hated the first movie, why in the world would you go and watch the 2nd one? Besides, it's one of the very few movies that go by the story of a video game. The only 2 i've seen is resident evil and Silent hill, there's more movies out there that do not go near the same story, like Doom for example. Doom was more of a zombie movie then Demons and hell breaking loose. The movie should not have even been called "Doom" It should have been called something else with zombies and shit. only resemblance it had was the BFG, UAC, and mars....was it on mars in the movie?

My point is, I loved the first 2 resident evils, the 1st one more yes, but atleast they went by the stories they were orignally put on instead of some other movies. I just hope they don't go past #3, because resident evil 4 and the rest arent even in the story anymore, they're just games made with random shit.

steverules
I wish I could swear on here

woody82
Goodpoints, but resident evil 1 was not very much based on the games bar its the start in the hive, like the start to the games was a mansion.

The second film took the second and third games and placed them together.

THe new film hopefully won't be the last as they could go with the games such as 4 as it is the only one that is away from racoon that is connected with umbrella and wesker and is a great storyline and would make a greatfilm.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by woody82
Goodpoints, but resident evil 1 was not very much based on the games bar its the start in the hive, like the start to the games was a mansion.

The second film took the second and third games and placed them together.

THe new film hopefully won't be the last as they could go with the games such as 4 as it is the only one that is away from racoon that is connected with umbrella and wesker and is a great storyline and would make a greatfilm. wasn't that place that alice was in at the beginning the mansion? shes like the guard to the hive or whatever.

zslick

Caponejr
ok ur weird i wish i could zswear 2.....im boredsad

Caponejr
Originally posted by Azrael01
http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/residentevil3.php
sounds like they want to do another one

i like the name extinction its good i have the idea of they defeat all of the thingsand alice araises as a villin and there freinds have to kill there leader if u get my drift good plot i think

LiL nAstY GirL
Major Spoiler Carlos dies

pr1983
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
I don't see why some people said in this thread "i didn't like the first 2" . Well if you hated the first movie, why in the world would you go and watch the 2nd one? Besides, it's one of the very few movies that go by the story of a video game. The only 2 i've seen is resident evil and Silent hill, there's more movies out there that do not go near the same story, like Doom for example. Doom was more of a zombie movie then Demons and hell breaking loose. The movie should not have even been called "Doom" It should have been called something else with zombies and shit. only resemblance it had was the BFG, UAC, and mars....was it on mars in the movie?

My point is, I loved the first 2 resident evils, the 1st one more yes, but atleast they went by the stories they were orignally put on instead of some other movies. I just hope they don't go past #3, because resident evil 4 and the rest arent even in the story anymore, they're just games made with random shit.

I don't think RE follows the games all that well to be fair...

and i keep watching them, hoping to see an improvement...

LiL nAstY GirL
Already plans for a Resident Evil 4. It will focus on Claire's search for her brother Chris...
Actress Ali Larter who plays Claire Redfield in Resident Evil : Extinction confirmed there could be a Resident Evil 4 that focuses on their time in Alaska.

quoted from her video interview...

Interviewer:
Let's touch up on resident evil. You're shooting in Mexico. I think...aren't they going to the cold somewhere now too or something?
Larter/Claire:
They're talking about RESIDENT EVIL 4 going to Alaska. Yeah.
Interviewer:
What do you do in Resident Evil 3?
Larter/Claire:
I play Claire Redfield from the videogame. Yeah. Had bright red hair, back to being a blonde now. Yeah, it was amazing actually. Paul Anderson wrote really interesting script. An interesting take on that kind of movie. It's really Mad Max meets The Birds. And we shot where Jarhead is shot, deep in the desert in Mexico. And it's like watching ____, it's so beautiful the way they were able to find suspense and horror through daylight.
Interviewer:
And you're done with Resident Evil?
Larter/Claire:
Finished a week ago. Back to work on this. (her new sci-fi show HEROES)

THE END

Prince Nauj
I can't wait for this movie I love the video franchise

LiL nAstY GirL
Same here stick out tongue

In Fate's Hands
What do you guys think of the movie from the preview?

I love the first 2 Resident Evil movies that have came out even though I think the 2nd one could have been done better. I think the new one seems good, ill deffinitely see it, just wanted to know your guys opinion. big grin

Röland
I wasn't a big fan of the first one so I didn't even bother seeing the second one. I don't think the third one is going to be anything special.

kaztiyo
is there a preview already?
damn, i got to see it
so, i think the first one was awesome but
the second one,...sucks
so, in my opinion, they can't do worse than the second one
therefore third one is gonna be awesome , adding the fact that my girlfriend is playing claire's role

dave_kodak
i didnt mind the first one, but i didnt like the 2nd one, i hope for the 3rd time around they have better writters.

MildPossession
First one was okay, second was horrendous but had its moments. I'll still see the third though.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I cannot wait to see this.

D-Wag
I hope it turns out really good, I love resident evil!

ladygrim
Looks good but i just have to see the second one first big grin

LORDSIDIOUS01
I can't wait to see Milla do her own stunts again.

zslick
Resident evil yea i waited three months for that trailer to come out.

dave_kodak
Originally posted by MildPossession
First one was okay, second was horrendous but had its moments. I'll still see the third though. yeah the 2nd one kinda ... well... how can i put this.

it made me not want to see the 3rd one.

Maistro
I must say that i somewhat enjoyed watching the movies but since im a die-hard resident evil fan and have beaten all of the games to date. I hated the fact that they ruined the concept that is Resident Evil and i hope Capcom will strip them of their Resident Evil movie making rights after this one because i cannot stand to have another movie that could and should have been allot better ruin its reputation

Gregory
You mean RE2 actually made enough money to justify a sequal?

Color me baffled.

dave_kodak
You'd be shocked at how much RE2 Made... i was..

K.Diddy
Anyone got a link for the Trailer of RES3?

I haven't seen the first one,but seen the second, I dont know what everyones problem is,sure the story is a bit weak,but guns,zombies,girls,what more could you ask for?

In Fate's Hands
I think there is a trailer in a thread in the General Movie Forum

Maistro
Resident Evil has such a rich story that they could have managed something better than just another zombie movie. I take it some of you played and beat RE3 it was almost impossible to hurt/kill the Nemesis and he died when a helicopter crashed on him, i tossed the guy of a freaking church and he survived. I just can't stand Hollywood raping the concept of games as this fine ( sacasme ) director has ruined multiple game concepts think of street fighter/mortal combat

ShoLeigh84
The first one I really liked but I found the second one kinda strange... I think the whole love thing just distracted from what I wanted to see - Zombies getting their asses kicked! It was also more light hearted than the first with quite a few funny bits I thought. I'm looking forward to the third one whatever though! smile

homer2.0
3rd times the charm.
the first two sucked

soin2cal
I saw the first and to be honest, theres no horror about it! its action type of film. Nothing like the game.

blind faith
If the RE-movies would be more alike the games they would be better.

What I mean is, they should have more characters from the game and the plot to be more like the games too. They should make a complete adaption from one of the games and have all the characters from that particular game in it.

Silent Hill is IMO probably one of the best video game
-movie adaptions to follow the story and characters correct.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by blind faith

Silent Hill is IMO probably one of the best video game
-movie adaptions to follow the story and characters correct.

Silent hill sucked wink

blind faith
Originally posted by K.Diddy
Silent hill sucked wink No way dude, are you kidding me? Name a better one then. stick out tongue

dave_kodak
Originally posted by blind faith
No way dude, are you kidding me? Name a better one then. stick out tongue Spaceballs

zslick
did you all know wesker is goin to be in the third one! Thats goin to be interesting to see

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.