wht are some good bands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Funkmaster BE
ok heres the deal i so far like blink 182, sum 41, greenday, good charlotte, and most any other rock music grupe but i want to like more bands. im not into the whole screeming band thing or any country, rap,( retards attempting poetry ) country rap, (CRAP) or any classical bands. so if you have any sugestions o some band s or know a good band in the type of music i hate that you think i might like than please tell me Happy Dance

Funkmaster BE
sory about my spelling i never got that whole spelling thing down

BoYs*BoYs*BoYs
you might like mest and bowling for soup.....

baracustastic
Country rap. **** me!! I feel ill just knowing it even exists! Could there be anything worse?

Sex Pistols
The Clash
Stone Roses
The Music
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

MornGlory
Oasis

Funkmaster BE
thanks alot. so far im likeing them all oh and yea nelli and some country star "did over and over again" the first that i know of country rap song
i still like the mixed name for it crap

Darth Revan
Why the **** do you have Snoop Dogg in your sig if you hate hip hop?

Rage Against the Machine
System of a Down
Tool
Incubus
Bad Religion
A Perfect Circle
In Flames
Deftones
Nine Inch Nails
Korn

^some of my favorite bands... but if you're into that poppy shit you might not like SOAD, Korn, NIN, In Flames, and possibly a couple others on that list..

5knuckleShuffle
korn

godsmack

system of a down

saliava

old school metallica

disturbed

pantera

moonwalker741
GREEN DAY
the ramones
the clash
sugarcult
guns and roses
ac/dc
blink 182
foo fighters
goo goo dolls
queen
the who

DO NOT LISTEN TO GOOD CHARLOTTE, SUM 41 OR SIMPLE PLAN

MornGlory
Tim McGraw?

ElectricBugaloo
Here are some real punk bands...though you'll hate them because they aren't preprogrammed garbage:

Black Flag
Husker Du
The Replacements
Minor Threat
The Minutemen
Fugazi

some more...restrained bands
Mission of Burma
Sonic Youth
Dinosaur Jr
The Thermals

Tptmanno1
Ok here's a Progression for you, Just to get you going.

Start with your Blink. Now maybe get a Nirvana Album or too, preferably Nevermind. Its not hard but will introduce you to less Mainstream stuff. Then I suggest getting Old School Metallica, Black Album preferable. Now depening on what you like here, thats what you brach out to. If you like the harder stuff, go out to older Metalica, (And Justice for all, Ride the lightning) Then you can get into other metal. but if you like the ballads or softer, more powerfull stuff. Branch out to A perfect Circle. THen Tool.

But about the time you Buy the metallica album (bit after) get Rage Against the Machine. Jsut because thye kick major ass.

ElectricBugaloo
Anytthing by Husker Du or Black Flag makes Metallica look weak.

Silver Stardust
You forgot about Master of Puppets, IMO the best Metallica album.

Tptmanno1
EP> Thats the point, If you jump right from Blink to a hardcore metal band you won't like it, Its better if you eaaaase into it.

ElectricBugaloo
THought o be fair, they are totally different types of music.

MornGlory
oasis
coldplay
fountains of wayne
Ben Harper
Hayden
Three Days Grace
Sex Pistols
Ramones
Ash
Stereophonics
Blur
Feeder
Travis
Pulp
Metallica
Staind
Nirvana
Foo Fighters
Beatles
the eagles
Journey
Sum 41
Guns N Roses
Deftones
My Chemical Romance

Darth Revan
Wow good advice thumb up

Don't get "Bleach" from Nirvana to start with. It's a little too hard and may scare you off. Happy Dance

SlipknoT
Slipknot
Slayer
Cradle of Filth
Lamb of God
Pantera
Metallica
Cannibal Corpse
Dimmu Borgir
Children of Bodom
HateBreed
Killswitch Engage
Nirvana
AC/DC
The Greatful Dead
The Cure
Wierd Al
Rage Against the Machine
Misfits
Danzig
Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin
Blue Oyster Cult
The Who
System of A Down
Nine Inch Nails

Darth Revan
^Good bands but most of those are probably too heavy for a GC fan

Deathblow
The man knows his shizzle cool

And if you want to go even further,

If you liked APC & Tool, check out real nu progressive, arty rock bands like Dredg, Shun and Porcupine Tree, between those three you'll find some of the most gorgeous music you'll ever hear.

If you dig Metallica and feel you can go harder, check out (Cavalera-era) Sepultura, the gods of heavy metal. Then newer stuff like Killswitch Engage, Fear Factory and Dark Tranquility, quality bands and the screaming works it's way in there, so you'll get used it.

SlipknoT
Yea, maybe he'll outgrow GC.

Dazzler619
Garbage is a good band

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
The Early November
Brand New
Taking back Sunday
Mest
All-American Rejects
Something Corperate
The Used

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
oh and Underoath!!! they're really good and Alexsonfire

Bierbommetje
lol, man, why are half the people in here trying to get the guy on metal,
I mean the bands he posted are basicely pop-rock, which is miles away from metal.

Try some Guns n Roses, ZZ Top, Protein (though may be hard to find, but a great band) and the Chili Peppers are also cool. Blur is also great.

Df02
the only 1 i agree with in there is Alexisonfire...but worth checkin em all out, maybe u'll like them big grin

if u like Alexisonfire, move on to From Autumn to Ashes.... if u like them, try moving even heavier into Saetia and Circle Takes the Square thumb up

almost cried seeing alexisonfire in that list btw...sad

Darth Revan
Porcupine Tree is so beautyful touched

And what's even more beautiful is that I never would have known they existed if it weren't for you, Samantha my deareset touched

Funkmaster BE
yea him

teakwonjoe
Hey Gopher! yeah, only the funkmaster will get this...but some real good bands? well, get the strokes: room on fire, get some modest mouse going on...if you like simple plan and good charlet, you'd like the bowling for soup album, but 1985 is pretty much the good song on the disc...who else?...hmm... alittle steirogram is always good...weezer, the green album....velvet revolver...and branch out with a little AFI...anyways, talk to you later gopher.

MornGlory
oasis

Tptmanno1
*bows*
It's basicly the progression I went after I came here and you guys turned me on to good music....

Deathblow
You may kiss my shoes touched

lil bitchiness
Uum...

Tool
Deftones
Mars Volta
Glassjaw
AFI
System Of A Down
Refused
BoySetsFire
Prodigy
Sevendust
One Minute Silence
Texas is the reason
River City High
Hell is For Heroes
In Flames (NOT the last album)
Rammstein
The 69 eyes
London After Midnight (if you like that kind of thing)
Children of Bodom

...etc there are many others...cant think right this minute.

ElectricBugaloo
Let's see here, the progression I went through in the past year...

Rage Against The Machine, Tool, Weezer, at The Drive In
to
The Shins, ATDI, Sage Francis
to
Sparta, The Mars Volta, ATDI, Sloan, Jet
to
The Postal Service, Elliott Smith, Sage Francis, Aesop Rock, Pigeon John
to (currently)
Elliott Smith, Mos Def, Miles Davis, Johnny Cash, Sage Francis

Silver Stardust
The lady knows good music yes

Mane
My personal favorites though some disagree:

Norma Jean
Thrice
Poison the Well
The Hives

Arachnoidfreak
Wow. Great list. Almost exactly like mine, cept I have Nine Inch Nails at the top, just above Tool.

Darth Revan
And Milla spelled Deftones wrong stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
Wow, I didn't even notice that...BAD Milla!!!

stick out tongue

Funkmaster BE
ok hears the deal i like only one of there songs and even then its not the best ive ever heard

Funkmaster BE
yo dog didnt know who you were at first

Tptmanno1
*Sniff*
I need my Job!
I have so many more Cd's to buy!

Darth Revan
Yeah... But you're into the pop rock stuff, Slayer, Pantera, or maybe even In Flames might very well put you off metal for a while if you dive right in now

Bierbommetje
Yeah, a lot of people just seem to be giving a fave bands list... and theres already a thread or two on that. And most people arent realling looking at the guys music tastes... But, who knows, he might become a progressive metal addict... though I doubt it.

lil bitchiness
OMG I am ashamed embarrasment

Deathblow
You'd also be doing yourself a favor by checking out Opeth. They may seem a little brutal at first, but by god are they amazing musicians.

lil bitchiness
IBANEZ - when i get enough money i might be able to afford 5 stringer *dreams*

Arachnoidfreak
5 string droolio

Darth Revan
The sleek shiny lines in your sig make up for any spelling errors. cool

teakwonjoe
yeah, back to subject, music for the funkmaster..... you might also want to get the killers album, it's got the rock that we're all trying to push on you, but it keeps alittle of the poppy keyboard tunes...

Funkmaster BE
thanks alll for the bands they all rock and imm looking foward to listning to them all rock

SnakeEyes
Bands that I like:
blink 182
sum 41
green day
the hives
the vines
the strokes
the ramones
less than jake
AFI
fallout boy
brand new
the darkness
eve 6
lit
mxpx
the used
the killers ( a couple songs)
taking back sunday (a little)

room #99
Happy Dance

Alpha Centauri
Seeing as this has turned into "Shit out a list of your favourite bands" I will do so.

Probably not in that much order:

Tool, Radiohead, Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Rush, Rage Against The Machine, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails, Mastodon, Frank Zappa, Queens of the Stone Age, The White Stripes, Colour of Fire, Incubus, SiKTh, Emperor, Tricky, Massive Attack, PJ Harvey, Muse, At The Drive-In, The Mars Volta, ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead, TV on the Radio, Head Automatica, The Faint, Jeff Buckley, Opeth, Shadows Fall, Fantomas, Tomahawk, Led Zep, Dredg, Weezer, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Smiths, Jimi Hendrix, The Cure, The Datsuns, Jimmy Eat World, Godspeed you Black Emperor!, Flat Earth Society, Red Hot Chili Peppers, System of a Down, Rammstein, V.A.S.T, Glassjaw, Pantera.

Stuff like that among many many others. Bolded favourites.

-AC

Deathblow
Lets all shit out bands!

Opeth-Tool-Deftones-Nine Inch Nails-Willhaven-Sepultura-Porcupine Tree-Smashing Pumpkins-From Autumn To Ashes-My Bloody Valentine-NOFX-A Perfect Circle-Dark Tranquility-Meshuggah-Slayer-Morbid Angel-Pixies-Boysetsfire-Alice In Chains-The End Of Julia-Dredg-Glassjaw-Failure-Led Zeppelin-Kidneythieves-Fear Factory-Earshot-Fluke-The Birthday Massacre-In Flames-Sevendust-Lacuna Coil-Heaven Falls Hard-Low Distortion Unit-Skinny Puppy-36 Crazyfists-Alexisonfire-Cocteau Twins-Deadsy-Rage Against The Machine-Metallica-Black Flag-This Mortal Coil-Therion-Soulfly-Alec Empire-Incubus-Dead Kennedys-Flogging Molly-Joy Division-Flaming Lips-Hatebreed-Videodrone-Mercury Rev-As I Lay Dying-Coalesce-Shadows Fall-Soundgarden-Armor For Sleep

barbarossa
Back on topic..... If you want to get into the Misfits, Start with the crappy light stuff that Jerry Only and project 1950 have been turning out. Then start listening to the older Misfits. Rule of thumb Danzig Misfits = good. 1950 Misfits = not so good.

Alpha Centauri
I agree with alot of yours Def, as you do mine. Apparantly.

I WOULD have considered putting Lacuna Coil on but I just rate them as like, "Ok". Can listen to em, but nothing special to me. Do like Cristina though.

Soundgarden, Pixies among others. Can't believe I left those off.

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
Pixies! WOOOOOOOOO!!! *throws t-shirt*

I've fallen pretty hard for Therion. They combine my love of metal with my secret not dislike for opera and not so secret love of orchestra.

Oh, and bump.

PRO-PAIN
We'll since everyone else is shitting out list I might as well also...

Pro-Pain
Diesel Machine
Skinlab
Crowbar
Eyehategod
Pissing Razors
Kilgore
Arch Enemy
Nothingface
Beatles
The Doors
Hendrix
Thin Lizzy
Led Zepplin
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Ozzy
Black Label Society
Motorhead
Judas Priest
Dio
AC/DC
WASP
Testament
Anthrax
Overkill
Death Angel
Slayer
Sepultura
Exodus
Vio-Lence
Pantera
Damageplan
Kreator
Metallica (only up to And Justice)
Mr. Bungle
Faith No More
Primus
M.O.D.
S.O.D.
Vader
Obituary
Napalm Death
Down
Superjoint Ritual
Biohazard
Stereomud
Malevolent Creation
Hatebreed
Clutch
Vision Of Disorder
Slaves On Dope
Sacred Reich
King Diamond
Mercyful Fate
Venom
Entombed
Carcass
Brick Bath
Diecast
Dry Kill Logic
Dead to Fall
Acid Bath
Soulfly
In Flames
Blue Murder
Kings X
Dream Theater
Snapcase
Sex Pistols
Misfits
Ramones
Black Flag
Husker Du
TSOL
Bad Brains
Dead Kennedys
NOFX
The Vandals
Minor Threat
Rollins Band
Murphys Law
Sick Of It All
Agnostic Front
Cro-Mags

loserib
damn propain thats an awsome list

and heres a band to check out

http://www.myspace.com/nothingbutlosers

i know its shameless to plug one self

bushidorodent
take advise from boys boys boys bowling for soup rocks hard they are f***ing awesom due they rule rock rock rock rock rock rock green day also rulz

PRO-PAIN
Originally posted by bushidorodent
take advise from boys boys boys bowling for soup rocks hard they are f***ing awesom due they rule rock rock rock rock rock rock green day also rulz

NOFX > Green Day

Originally posted by loserib
damn propain thats an awsome list

and heres a band to check out

http://www.myspace.com/nothingbutlosers

i know its shameless to plug one self

Thanks loserib, and I'll check out that link also.

Cinemaddiction
Allow me to verbally deficate..

Superjoint Ritual
Fear Factory
All Shall Perish
Slayer
American Head Charge
Deftones
Hatebreed
NIN
Days of the New
Shadows Fall
Cataract
Diecast
Meshuggah
Depeche Mode

That's literally alls I listen to. Music just sucks more or less nowadays, so I find comfort in stuff I liked back in High School, lol.

PRO-PAIN
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

That's literally alls I listen to. Music just sucks more or less nowadays, so I find comfort in stuff I liked back in High School, lol.

That's why my list was mostly old stuff... big grin

musiclover585
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

Superjoint Ritual
Fear Factory
All Shall Perish
Slayer
American Head Charge
Deftones
Hatebreed
NIN
Days of the New
Shadows Fall
Cataract
Diecast
Meshuggah
Depeche Mode

Hey thats cool that you like SJR, I am really good friends with HWIII. He is the greatest. I met him through my ex boys band-psyopus...they did some touring with SJR-
anyway I just got the new ArthurKill album, "addiction" and its not to bad. They are from Staten Island.

Darth_Lucifer
Bullet for my Valentine
Metallica
Lostprophets
Slipknot
Korn
Atreyu
Funeral For a Friend
Avenged Sevenfold
Creed
Eighteen Visions
Velvet Revolver

PRO-PAIN
Originally posted by musiclover585
Hey thats cool that you like SJR, I am really good friends with HWIII. He is the greatest. I met him through my ex boys band-psyopus...they did some touring with SJR-
anyway I just got the new ArthurKill album, "addiction" and its not to bad. They are from Staten Island.

That's pretty cool, I met HWIII when SJR played in Spartanburg SC, a few years ago, he was a really cool guy. smile

PRO-PAIN
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
IBANEZ - when i get enough money i might be able to afford 5 stringer *dreams*

Gibson > Ibanez

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.