"Anchorman: Unrated, Uncut, and Uncalled For! DVD Review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
http://image.allmusic.com/13/adg/cov200/drt500/t514/t51473ymmq0.jpg

Title: "Anchorman: Unrated, Uncut, and Uncalled For!" ($19.99)

This version of "Anchorman" features addition footage that was cut from the theatrical version to merit its original rating. Note, the rated version is available, as well as an "Uncut" 2 pack with a disc entitled "Wake Up, Ron Burgandy!"

Picture: Nothing special in the way of picture, just an anamophic Widescreen transfer in 1:85:1.

Sound: Mr. Burgandy features the usual Dolby Digital 5.1 audio track for both English and French. Subs for English, French, and Espanol available, naturally. There's also running commentary with both Ferrell and Director, Adam McKay.

Features: The interface on this one is super. There are individual anchor promo segways to each section, followed by an interactive audio clip of Will Ferrell in character. He talks about how bad the deleted scenes are, as if a couple of 4 year olds grabbed a camera and started shooting. He calls you a "shit eating idiot", then apologizes, and claims he said it because it is afterall unrated. In the language menu, he claims there to be German, Dutch, Chinese tracks, as well. Hilarity. laughing

Extras: The package in what you purchased either makes this a GREAT release for extras or a FANTASTIC release for extras. The actual DVD features 30 minutes of deleted scenes, 7 minutes of hilarious bloopers, a music video, uncensored commentary, MTV Movie Awards interviews w/ Ron, an ESPN audition and more.

If you purchased the copy with the Best Buy exclusive bonus disc, "Breaking News!", you are treated to an additional 30 minutes of out-takes, extended scenes, and more.

The "Wake Up, Ron Burgandy!" feature has been described as a furthur exploits of Mr. Burgandy, pieced together somewhat slopily from leftover footage.

OVERALL: If you enjoyed the movie in theatres, chances are you'll enjoy this a bit more. There's a little more raunchy sexism, a little more goofiness, a few off color remarks, more of Brick's antics, which is always a plus, as well. The movie is more well rounded in this version.

"Anchorman" recieves an 8.0 for picture, because it could have benefitted from a "regular" Widescreen transfer, and the sound seems off in parts. I'm giving it a 9.5 on extras, because Dreamworks packed all this on one disc, and an overall rating of 9.0.

dean7879
i might get this...it looks funny

Solo
Hilarious DVD, Great Review. thumb up

Wolfie
Pretty funny movie. Stupid, but funny.

MornGlory
just watched this yesterday - and i was dying laughing all through it

Mane
I didn't like the uncut version. Everything was long and drawn out and lost its impact. If I'm gonna buy it, its gonna be the theatrical cut.

Mane
**Sorta the same deal with Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.