Recording software

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
I'm thinking of recording some of my own guitar stuff on my PC, what software could you recommend? I'd like to be able to play with the sound after recording too, so I can make it sound like other instruments (bass for instance), add vocals and then be able to mix together full songs.

I've never done it before so need to know software, equipment required, everything really....

Ta,

Mech. big grin

Bad Boy
You basically need a decent PC. Download Cakewalk Sonar, it's pretty easy to use.

As long as you have a decent microphone, guitar leads, the correct jacks, it should be fine! I'm guessing you have a guitar amp right?

If you have any problems let me know cos I'll probably be able to sort it out for ya!

fribble
Nero wave editor works well.

ElectricBugaloo
If you're serious about it, I believe that macs have better sound and video editing....though i hate macs

tabby999
yeah Macs are the best for recording music, they have the best programmes too. but i dont think you're going to buy a new laptop/pc to record a bit of guitar though

Tptmanno1
Yea,
and it depends how much you wanna drop on recording software.
If your really serious..
Get a mac
a program called MIDI, and the software that goes along with that, keyboard (optional but it helps) and a mixer...

But that'll set ya back somthing...

mechmoggy
Thanks guys. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.