'White noise'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

madsci
i just saw this movie last night (opening night). if you do not believe in a spirit realm or spirit creatures, and the communication between living humans and them, you may not buy into the story. since i am one who does believe in these type of exchanges, this movie gave me chills more than once. the idea that random communication with dead, without the proper guidance, can have serious ramifications...sometimes deadly ones. i don't want to spoil it for anyone if you plan on seeing this film.

7-8/10 stars
not the greatest film of all time, but f#@kin' creepy.

madsci

dean7879
theres already a thread on this

the film started off good but then got crap near the end

papabeard
This film has the potential to be good, but is in the end a let down, has a few good scares , but not engaing enough.Disappointing.

Wolfie
It was good up till the end.

By the way, I don't believe in this spiritual stuff. The commercials can say all they want that this is a true story, I don't believe it.

MornGlory
i heard the ending was bad - and also heard it wasnt that great in all

but I will see it sometime

slayer
Might check it out.

Cowboyography
it recieved an 8 on rotten tomatoes, 8 out of 100 smile

dean7879
its not that bad...ive saw worse

Beastro
I not gonna take the time to write a full scale review but all I have to say is that it was good and freaky.

The thing that was great was that it actually had a story and scares unlike coughTHEGRUDGEcough.It had a nice set up where Keatons wife dies and in attempt to contact her keaton turns to a man who specializes in records sound made by the dead through white noise.

Keaton then becomes obsessed with it and starts trying to contact his wife like crazy.He then realizes his wife can communicate with him and tell him about future tragedies.Thats when things start getting weird.

I liked it and its quite refreshing from some of the dull mind,cheap scare flicks we have today.At one scene I almost choked on my popcorn it was such a big jump scene.

Get out and see this one.Its worth a look.

Cinemaddiction
Eh, well, that's what this section is for, my friend. Otherwise, you basically gave a plot outline and a couple of opnions. BF can merge it with the existing thread in Horror.

Beastro
The move you made doesnt really make sense but heh your the one with the huge avy.

And it was a review just a miniscale one though because I didnt have time to write a big one.

Next time check with me to see what mym intentions are before you move my thread.Thank you.

Cinemaddiction
The move was merited.

"Posting Reviews"

What you provided was not a review. You said it was great, refreshing, and gave a synopsis. You declined to weigh the pros and cons, or provide a rating scale. The "review" you posted in no way helps anyone who may wish to see the movie, which is the purpose of said forum. Now, if you'd like to write an in depth review, please do.

Please don't question my authority or motives, I was doing my job.

Beastro
Your Job?You where bored so you decided to move some good threads.

Some examples of your worthless actions follow:

Seed of Chucky-Doesnt have a rating or synoposis

Blade Trinity-Devoides of writing a review but simply re-writes the story using spoilers which I believe your quote stated you cant do.

Alexander thread didnt have rating

Bridget Jones-Did have a review by the author.

Next time dont move thread that are better than some of the junk in the review forum.Thanks.

Morning_Glory
i just saw White Noise today (thanks to Ares.com) and the ending was so gay

it was a little spooky at the beginning but those demons or whatever looked like the same demon things from the movie 'Ghost'

Cinemaddiction
Beastro, you've got a P.M.

Beastro
I agree,the ending needed alot of work.But as far the whole setup and topic of evp was really interesting.

Lol they looked more like the three men from the cover of "Mystic River"

But its worth a look and certainly better than most horror movies out today.

Morning_Glory
yea what was up with those three men??? that kept bugging me

and HOW does a person survive after falling about 20 floors (on their back) and falling on a car ?? I think it was ??? and survive?

Cinemaddiction
Spoiler tag your post next time, MG.

Morning_Glory
oops how do I do a spoiler tag????

Cinemaddiction
How to Post Spoilers!

R0B
Type message here Except without the spaces Get it now?

Morning_Glory
ROB is weird!

R0B
But not as weird as Morning Glory

Morning_Glory
this is super GAY!

Beastro
I did have a big problem with the fall and its um unusual outcome but didnt effect me for too long.

Morning_Glory
^^ uh ooohhh Beastro you are suppose to use the "spoiler" when tallking about...the fall

Beastro
I didnt say anything more about the fall except that it was a fall.You can even see it briefly in the trailer.

@F1
People have survived falling from Aeroplanes, and worse.

Beastro
SPOILER-

But this fall wasnt normal to survive.She fell about 25 feet and landed on some bars on her back

dean7879
can i just say...its just a movie

SlipknoT
hmmmmmm

Wolfie
It would have been better if she died. It'll go to show you, don't f*** with dead spirits.

Cinemaddiction
How To Post Spoilers!

Beastro
I wrote that in a hurry.Sorry I didnt bother to put spoilers on it.

WeluvTwinkie
I heard that the movie was scary at some parts, but became very repetitive after a while. I might pick it up later, I might not. It doesn't seem like much more than a couple of days rent.

BlackC@t
I saw the trailer for this at the start of Boogeyman.

I'm not afraid of horror movies, not much things make me jump now.

Except ghost movies, they scare the shit out of me. This movie looked scary.

There's no way I'm going to see this movie. I won't be able to sleep with the light off for months!

BlackC@t
Originally posted by Wolfie
It would have been better if she died. It'll go to show you, don't f*** with dead spirits.

No shit!

Wendigo
WHITE NOISE WAS THE WORST THING IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME ITS NOT SCARY AND ITS BORING

Cinemaddiction
Caught "White Noise" this evening and I was throughly impressed. I thought it was a very unique and original storyline, expecially the whole premonition/battle for souls gimmick. Some really sweet cinematography, especially in the creative scene sweeps, and overall very intriguing and engaging.

b-dan
prity good but i dont think it horror for some reason

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.