Michael Moore,the most influential liberal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beastro
His movie "Fahrenheit 9/11" was a great documentary and was the highest grossing documentary of all-time.His books are informative."We'll they Ever Trust us Again?" is one of the most shocking books ive read all year.In it are letters from soldiers around the world.They called bush some of meanest and ugliest names imaginable which got me thinking,maybe what Michael Moore has been saying all this time about our president is true.I still and will always think he's better than his running mate but still why are soldies Iraq calling bush a traitor and f*cker or a terrorist and threat to the United States.Why did Bush launch a full scale attack on Iraq back in 2002 when he didnt even plan the attack on the United States there also no evidence he was involved with it either.I think the president this the people of the United States are stupid.He doesnt adress anny of these issues and whenever asked about the war in Iraq he always answers the question with the feeling of "duh" we went into Iraq to take out Saddam.I think we all know where after Saddam but the question is why.Im not particurly concerned with what my neighbor next door is doing and until Bush faces these issues like a man I will continue to suspicious of him and his administration.

You know its sad when the person telling you this is a proud republican.

BackFire
Micheal Moore is known for twisting facts and hiding others to support his agenda. His movies are interesting and entertaining, however you shouldn't take them too seriously. They are blatantly one sided and border on propaganda. He does however, from time to time, let a nugget of truth slide into his films which do make them strong, the guy does know how to prove his point.

As for his books, I assume the same is true about them. Wouldn't take them too seriously.

Jedi Priestess
Michael Moore=Idiot

MornGlory
Michael Moore makes me want to yawn

Reckoning
I prefer Noam Chomsky. But Moore does gain alot more recognition.

MornGlory
http://nataliedee.com/072604/what-is-wrong-with-people.jpg

Reckoning
A fat joke. How classy on political debate.

MC Mike
He's a liar, but he puts a bit of truth there. That's the important part.

Reckoning
He has plenty of references. I've read his resources as one should. What he states is truth from all those references he gives as evidence.

MornGlory
Michael Moore is a liar... and he makes me want to puke

Reckoning
Read his references.

MornGlory
i dont trust him one tiny bit!

BackFire
Problem is he doesn't give the full story, he only gives details that help his cause.

Afro Cheese
He's entertaining and that's all that matters to me. You want nothing but facts.. stop watching tv and read.

MornGlory
no expression i know .. ...

Darth Revan
Anybody who takes everything he says 100% seriously is a dumbass, everybody knows that, so it's pretty ridiculous to be bitching about stuff like how he twists facts. There is some truth to pretty much everything he says, and some of his stuff is fairly amusing as well. Not to mention the fact that there are tons of conservative political commentators (Anne Coulter, Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Midvich (sp?), etc) who are just as bad with twisting facts as well as being more obnoxious.

Al Franken is both funnier and more accurate in presenting facts than Mike Moore. thumb up

Reckoning
He makes a conclusion based on those facts. Hence I do also. You do as well. Opinion.

MornGlory
ive never taken what he says 100% serious - but i just dont trust him and dont respect his movie that much

now Bowling for Columbine - i really liked

BackFire
A documentary by definition should be something based soley on fact, NOT opinion. It should present everything in a fair and honest light, his films do not. He says one thing about a certain topic if it helps his agenda, but he'll leave out this other fact that may disprove his agenda. This isn't presenting pure facts, it's present misconcieved and half facts.

Reckoning
In actuality, most, if not all, of Moore's facts from Fahrenheit 9/11 are stated in another documentary which will never see the light of day in the US called The World According to Bush.

Tptmanno1
Anyone who takes ANYTHING at face value is a dumbass...

Afro Cheese
Yeah I thought Bowling for Columbine was better than FH911

MornGlory
true no expression

BackFire
That's swell, and I never said Moore has no facts in his films, just very few. Most of them are twisted to his own agenda.

There are plenty of websites out there that discredit many of his facts by proving how he left something critical out of some of his statements. Check them out.

Also, I really enjoy his films, but I'm just really surprised that there are people out there who don't know that his films are blatantly one sided and twisted to the point of being almost fiction. I thought everyone by now knew his films are not filled with objective fair handed facts, but onesided over the top claims that are true only if you look at it from a certain point of view.

Reckoning
Would that explain why Bush was re-elected?

MornGlory
are you saying that most of America is dumb ass

because most of americans voted bush back into office

Reckoning
There are also plenty of websites that states that they are true.

Afro Cheese
I think you just answered your own question.

BackFire
http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

phinney6
yes

A4E
michael moore needs to get a life and no matter what he does, say, write, film bush will still bn president!!

i hate bush though

ElectricBugaloo
Michael Moore is a very intelligent man, not an idiot. and he doesn't have to 'get a life'. It's a vital part of the political process to criticize those in power.

That said, I hate him. And I'm as liberal as they come.

Ou Be Low hoo
The point of his docu was to get Bush out of The White House...in this respect it sadly failed. However, Moore, like any media-manipulator will use certain 'facts' to support his argument. This is not the same as creating lies, merely it is a case of using the appropriate facts to support his agenda.

Moore is a popular liberal, but to say he is the most influential is to over-exert his power...at the end of the day the sun sets, and he didn't achieve his ultimate goal of getting rid of the monkey. Maybe next time...

As for most Americans being 'dumbasses', then I think the re-election of Bush would support this assertion. 53 million idiots and counting...

Darth Surgent
thumb up

MornGlory
ive never heard of Al Franken - is he on TV or where do you see him at ?

KharmaDog
MIchael Moore raises awareness about serious political issues and I appreciate that. However sometimes he does distort events and that serves only to undermine his point.

If you want interesting reading where all his facts are backed up and easily researched read a book by Al Franken. He's much smarter, much funnier and far more honest than Moore.

42Bardock
I thought the first halfs of his movies are always pretty entertainingbut than he just starts bitching and brings stupid people on TV that cry wso that people that watch it feel bad, well I wouldn'T mind so much if he wouldn'T call it a documentary. Oh well I mean he got a few valueable points but I don'T really like him all that much.

Evil Dead
1. Michael Moore doesn't make documentaries...........he makes propoganda films. Documentaries are films which present facts .......without biased opinion.

2. Bowling for Columbine was okay........but Farenheit 911 was just dumb. I missed the whole point. Okay......we get it.....The Saudi royal family has alot of money in the U.S., some of their money has been used to invest in Bush's businesses..........the Bush family is friendly with the Saudi royal family. Only part I didn't understand .......and Michael Moore didn't explain it to us..........why should we have anything against the Saudi royal family? Neither the Saudi royal family nor the Saudi government attacked the U.S.........it was one of their nutjob relatives.

through the whole film Moore tries to paint Bush as being in bed with the enemy.............yet never declares why we would consider the Saudis our enemy.............last I checked we had been good friends......why wouldn't we be doing business with them? Does Moore want us to snub an entire nation because of one nutjob...........who attacked the U.S. not on behalf of his nation.....but on behalf of his religion?

42Bardock
Yeah he, and the media, call them documentary though, which is stupid.

I thought both were entertaining not great though. I liked the cartoon in BfC it was funny.

Beastro
I know his reputation he's been accused of twisting people's words and they complained about it,but alot of the other things he talks about are a little hard to ignore.

I have a hard time believing he manipulated soldiers letters as well though.

I will admit Moore isnt a saint but he does propose some interesting facts that make you want to dig deeper and find things out for yourself.

Ou Be Low hoo
You are factually correct, but you are unlikely to ever find any 'documentary' that has no editorial content/bias.

The point of 'Farenheit 911' was pure and simple - 'Get Bush out of the White House'. Alas, it failed.

I agree with Moore's politics, but all his productions need to be taken with a pinch of salt for seasoning...if you're looking for the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, then good luck to you. However, 'truth' is also based on subjectivity...

Evil Dead
true........and true. Not only did Bush win the electoral votes, he actually won the popular vote this time around too.

My point is.........why did he make an entire movie trashing Bush for having past business and personal relationships with the Saudi royal family? What did the Saudis ever do to Moore to piss him off so bad that he speaks of them as though they are somehow our enemy?

There are plenty of good reasons to trash Bush..........his intelligence probably being the best. Why go through the trouble of making a film which presents his family's relationship with the Saudi royal family as being something bad?

KharmaDog
The point of trashing the Saudis was that he was showing that as a country, the general population of Saudi Arabia hates the states and that most of the Terrorists from 9/11 were Saudis, yet bush attacked Iraq. He tried to show that Bushs' relationship with the Saudi royal family was the reason that they did not go after Saudi Arabi which offers a safe haven for terrorists.

If you have to ask "What did the Saudis ever do to Moore to piss him off so bad", then you either don't pay any attention whatsoever to past or current events, or you completely have your head in the sand.

Evil Dead
so countries should dislike the United States because we harbor the Klu Klux Klan and Neo Nazis?

I reitterate, the actions taken by those idiots on 911 were in no way endorsed by the Saudi government or their royal family...............it was an act purpetrated by a few religious extremists.......acting on behalf of their religion not on behalf of any country.

that is just ridiculous...........so we blame Bill Clinton because Timothy McVeigh bombed the Oklahoma City Federal Building? Bill Clinton was the leader of the country that was harboring Timothy McVeigh.

KharmaDog
No, the US government foreign policy gives most of the world an excuse to dislike the United states. And the US does not harbour those groups. To "harbour" means to let and individual or group go about its' business safely and within the confines of your jurisdiction. I would like to think that the US government actually investigates and keeps an eye on their more radical populations, that is not so the case in saudi arabia.

Once again the US did not harbour McVeigh. McVeigh was a US citizen who the US government actively pursued. The Saudis are not doing too much in that regards.

Evil Dead
um........that is the very definition of harboring. The U.S. allows the KKK and neonazis to meet and organize freely.........which it should do as it is their right protected by the constitution..........but it's still harboring none the less.

no matter how many movies Moore makes.......or how many posts you make...........the fact still remains that the Saudi government did not endorse or even know about the terror attack on 911..........thier government has been one of our few MidEast allies........and Moore is just lumping the royal family together with Al Queda terrorists because they are from the same country, which would be no better than people lumping all of us Americans together with David Duke or Tim McVeigh.

and you are a bit wrong on your facts..........Saudi Arabia has much harsher penalties for terrorism than we do and they do not let them freely go about their business. The Saudis have busted up so many terror cells within their country that the terrorists have actually targeted Saudi Arabia in the past few years...........there have been numerous car bombings and kidnappings there by terrorists for this very reason. It's not America vs the brown people...........both America and Saudi Arabia fight terrorism.

KharmaDog
And where did I say it was "america vs. the brown people"? I was your president who called his war on terrorism a "crusade", now that's drawing the "us vs. them" lines. Don't paint me with that brush, until a year ago the Iraqis weren't your enemy either.

The Saudi gov't may have harsh policies against terrorism, yet alot of terrorist money comes from saudi interests, and Al Queda recruitment of young saudi men during the conflict in Iraq was unusually high.

I am not saying that all Saudis are bad, what I am saying is that there are terrorist cells and financial interests in Saudi arabia (that are far more pressing and of higher strategic importance to al queda than Iraq ever was) that will never be dealt with because of the Bush family's relationship with the Saudi Royal family. The Saudi Royal family are also completely out of touch with their population. And there is distinct possibility that will come to a head in the near future.

Jackie Malfoy
I hate that man.He did not deserved that award last night at all.That jerk.And his stupid smile.I was the one that booed him too when he showed up at the Republican Convention last year.JM

KharmaDog
you were at the republican convention?

Ou Be Low hoo
Evil Dead...

The problem with the Saudis is that they control America's most precious love...Oil. They have lots and lots and lots of it. Therefore, the US is not going to openly criticise a country that it has a concerted interest in.

What do you think the US would have done if 97% of the 9/11 hijackers were from Iraq? North Korea? Iran? They would have gone straight to war IN those countries, regardless of whether the governments were considered benign...by their relationship as the harborers of the terrorists, they would have been considered guilty by association.

Alpha Centauri
"The point of 'Farenheit 911' was pure and simple - 'Get Bush out of the White House'. Alas, it failed"

No. The point of it was "This is why you should get Bush out of the White House." Regardless of twisted facts and borderline propaganda, it's reasons for being anti-bush were quite clearly truth orientated. The movie didn't fail, a majority of the American people (youngsters to be precise) did.

-AC

Ou Be Low hoo
Reasons are there to support results...Moore's desired result didn't come about. Bush is still there. Thus it failed.

Moore made the movie to get Bush out. It was popular and widely seen, but it didn't complete what it was there to do.

Alpha Centauri
"Moore made the movie to get Bush out. It was popular and widely seen, but it didn't complete what it was there to do."

The movie was quite blatantly there to "open" people's eyes to get Bush out also. So if anything it's both.

-AC

Capt_Fantastic
As I've said before. While I agree with Mr Moore on many toics, I can't stand him.

Napalm
Michael moors a dumbass like most of the liberals in holywood

shugie99
Michael Moore is good at making people look like idiots, including himself.

http://shootingmichaelmoore.com/

Alpha Centauri
Either way, at least he's an idiot out there doing something.

The amount of idiots sitting on their asses doing nothing while dissing him is alot more than the ones believing everything he says.

-AC

Reckoning
Or the ones posting in this thread trashing him.

Ou Be Low hoo
Quaffed the intelligently named 'Napalm'...how sensitive! As for liberals in holywood...I'm sure you know many!

Alpha...you are getting lost in the semantics! I don't doubt that he was trying to 'open eyes', but his ultimate agenda was simply to get Bush out.

Reckoning
That was the agenda of most of the world.

finti
indeed, he was on a crusade against the Bush administration for sure

Hollywood or holywood

Ou Be Low hoo
Considering the HOLY crap that is coming out of there - 'The Passion', for instance - perhaps the latter is more appropriate!

BackFire
Terrible, terrible pun.

finti
yeah stick to British films big grin

baracustastic
What is wrong with liberals in a land of liberty?

Conservatives piss me off. Conservatives shown to be idiots or very naughty amuses me greatly. Long live Michael Moore.

WindDancer
HAHAHAHA! Clint is da MAN! He is friggin awesome!

http://in.news.yahoo.com/050114/139/2j0m1.html

MC Mike
*Redneck Alarm*

WindDancer
*Tree hugger Alert*

Deano
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2004/07/291823.shtml

michael moore ripped off alex jones

Moore's 'Fahrenheit 911' toys with the idea that 'they' Let It Happen On Purpose . That's the lame version of reality for the popcorn-brained illiterate left. With backing from the HollyCorp establishment, Moore will now make a bundle.

Jones' '9/11: 'Road To Tyranny' explains how 'they' MADE It Happen On Purpose. This dangerous notion gets no establishment nod or wink. And Jones is so focussed on the message -not the money- that he let's you copy the movie to educate others.

According to the New York Post, Moore has ripped off Jones. So what else is new? "A real documentary by Alex Jones, had most of the "facts" Moore uses in his scatter-shot diatribe," wrote Richard Johnson in the Post's Page six column.

Deano
http://www.archive.org/movies/details-db.php?collection=independent_news&collectionid=911theRoadtoTyranny

heres alex jones documentary..see it for free

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.