Little Britain Series 1 Dvd review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
http://media.venda.com/bbcshop/ebiz/bbc/invt/bbcdvd1494/little_bafta_300.jpg

Title: Little Britain Series 1 (2003)

Region 2
Rating: 15
Number of disks: 2
Length: 225 minutes

Meet the characters that inhabit Little Britain, in the first series of the brilliant comedy sketch show. Characters such as Dafydd, the only gay man in his village, Extremely mean and offensive fatfighters group leader Majorie Dawes, lightning quick speaking teenage girl Vicky Pollard (yeh but no but yeh ) and rubbish transvestite Emily Howard and, of course, helper Lou and his wheelchair-bound friend Andy - but does he really need the wheelchair at all?I reccomend this show to everyone because it is easily one of the funniest British programmes to come on the TV since 'The Office'.You would be stupid not to see it!

Picture: 16:9 anamorphic widescreen transfer is very good. Its not as crisp as i hoped it to be and it lacks defenition in most scenes. But still, its hardly going to effect peoples viewing pleasure.

Sound: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo. Nothin special here. There is a commentary track with stars Matt Lucas and David Walliams,also Producer Myfanwy Moore (Eps 1-4) and Director Steve Bendelack (Eps 5-8)

Features: Cool and colourful interface. As the menu is on you hear the characters voices talkin throughout the menu for example you can hear the character Dafydd say that he is the the only gay on this Dvd lol.
When you click on character playlist on the extra features, if you click on the characters Lou & Andy, Lou will ask you if you want to crash the Dvd! You then have to click yes or no. If you click yes you will hear the hilarious voice of Andy say yah, then Lou will say are you sure? Lou then explains if you crash the disk, you will have to take it out and put it back in againYah.If you carry on pressing yes, the Dvd crashes! and then you have to restart up your Dvd! Pointless but fun.

Extras: This Dvd is packed with extras. You get to see the pilot episode which is hilarious. I especially enjoyed the Behind the scenes footage and the Little britain survey, asking most the characters on the show what Britain means to them(quality!) i am very pleased with the extra features and there is enough on both disks to keep everyone satisfied.
Extra features below:

Commentary with Matt Lucas, David Walliams, Producer Myfanwy Moore (Eps 1-4) and Director Steve Bendelack (Eps 5-8),
Behind the Scenes Documentary,
Character Survey(what does Britain mean to you?),
Four Live Sketches, Deleted Scenes, Pilot Episode, Radio Interview,
TV Interview, Photo Gallery, Character Playlist, The Best of Rock Profile,BBC Three Idents

Overall: An excellent Dvd for an excellent sketch show. Fans of the show will not be dissapointed. If you havent saw Little Britain then do so now! Dvd gets a 9/10 and the show itself gets 9/10

http://www.pinkun.com/Content/ncfc/Columns/maninthestands/2003-4/img/040214Little.jpg
http://www.davidwalliams.com/full/lbcharacters/vickyfromthesun.jpg

Solo
I'll look if there's a region 1 version. Then I'll probably rent it. The summary sounds funny.
thumb up

dean7879
i dont think there is a region 1 dvd of little britain
you have to see it though..it is really funny and i think you would enjoy it
just get it region 2 or download an episode off kazaa to see if you like it..there are loads of episodes on there

ladygrim
me want this sad...me have no money sad

dean7879
i'll happily do u a copy and send it you big grin

dean7879
Mr collier: Vicky have you even started this essay?

Vicky:No but yeah but no but yeah but no but because im not even goin on the pill because nadine reckons they stop you from gettin pregnant

Mr collier: if i dont get this assignment in at the end of the week i will have to fial you

vicky: yeah but louise farren emptied a whole bottle of fanta into shannons bag but anyway luke reckons he fingered emma bacon in the back of the language lab.

Mr collier: do u want to pass your gcse's?

vicky: gcs what?.......Dont go givin me evils!!!

ladygrim
heeheehee... smile

T.M
i had this for Xmas big grin its awesome best comedy show around IMO

dean7879
yarano

Red Superfly
Hey anyone seen the Extras?

WTF is up with the Deleted Scenes? Why the hell were some of those deleted?

I'm mainly talking about the guy at the massage parlour.

"OK I want you to relax. Think of some children throwing stones at a pensioner. He's weeping softly, as they put him into a wheelie bin. They push him down the hill. It's picking up speed now, as it heads towards a busy road.......I sense your very tense......."

dean7879
LOL yeah the massage parlour is hilarious

gooo to sleep....goooo to sleep....lol

ladygrim
big grin

dean7879
matt groaning is gonna put some sketches from little britain onto the simpsons..such as the dafyd character! cant wait to see that

Red Superfly
Wow.

I'm so smug. I was the ONLY one I actually knew of that was watching Little Britain when it first came out. I even heard the radio show long before it made it big time.

It's wierd, I seem to be the only one who seems to pick up big things when they are small. Happened with Donnie Darko, Red Dwarf, The Office etc. I'd be saying to my friends "You seen Donnie Darko?" and they'd say no. Six months later, Donnie Darko is all the rage and I'm like "Told you so".

I like to say "Ahhh, smug mode" whenever that happens (happens a lot).

Happens with music too. I get kinda frustrated at how many of my friends won't pay attention to something I've been going on about for months, and only bother with it once it becomes mainstream. Bugs the hell outta me but makes me smug as sin.

dean7879
ya big headed git!
lol

Mane
Donnie Darko is hardly mainstream here. I guess it's because Americans are stupid. confused

Red Superfly
But I think I'm allowed to be, mainly because people TAKE SO BLOODY LONG to find something good, when it's been sat under their nose for months.

Anyway, two characters I want in season III would be the massage parlour guy and the Scottish Hotel Manager (hyeeerrrs!).

Emily Howard, Marjorie Dawes and Lou and Andy have gotta stay.

And what about Des Kay? Where did he go to? I liked him with the crocodile "Top of the mornin wheres me breakfast".

I thought the funniest Des Kay moment was in the pilot - when he visits the kids in hospital and unplugs that boys life support machine so he can plug in the stereo!!!

dean7879
yeah des kay is funny
do you watch peter kays phoenix nights? i think the show is class and im gonna do a dvd review soon.....anyone who hasnt saw phoenix nights are mad

Red Superfly
I don't mind Phoenix Nights, but I think people bang on about it a bit much.

Max and Paddy ain't too shabby either, but again people bang on about it too much.

Oh and by the way, Peter Kay was sat outside our Uni in a car, on his own. Completely out of the blue. It was so surprising. We went over to him and had to ask if it was him and it was. Got his autograph and a friend asked him if he wanted his picture taken and have his face put into a video game he was making. "What would I wanna be in a video game for?" takin the p!ss like. We asked him WTF he was doing here, it seemed so random and wierd, and he said he was there cos a friend of his is a student there and hes pickin them up. Wierd. Was definitely him though. One of my friends said he loved Phoenix Nights and he said "The DVD's got loads of extras, be sure to buy that" lol

Theres a few pics my mate took I'll see if I can find'em........

dean7879
quality
have u watched 'that peter kay thing' ?
lol the ice cream man episode is the funniest thing eva

Red Superfly
Not seen that Peter Kay thing........

I have seen Johnny Vegas "Who's Ready For Ice Cream?" thing though, which I thought was really funny.

I love the scenes with his demented flatmate:

"Eat the baby food, go on eat it. Go on Johnny, IT'S WHAT COMICS DO!"

"Yeah, feels good don't it Johnny? you know, as it slides nicely down your throat, yeah...."

dean7879
never saw that
u should definetly see the ice cream cometh episode with peter kay...its hilarious....he has turf wars with other ice cream men...when he saw one trading on his turf he started to chase after him calling him a lousy bastard! lol

Deano
Originally posted by Red Superfly
"OK I want you to relax. Think of some children throwing stones at a pensioner. He's weeping softly, as they put him into a wheelie bin. They push him down the hill. It's picking up speed now, as it heads towards a busy road.......I sense your very tense......."

laughing laughing laughing

that is friggin hilarious...little britain rules

tabby999
Originally posted by Deano
i'll happily do u a copy and send it you big grin

gonna copy and send it to me? wink

cheers,

james

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.