The Official Drummer's Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mane
Here is the new home for all drummers to discuss drum-related things.

What kind of drumset do you have? I have a Yamaha Stage Custom un-lacquered natural blonde set (fusion-style). All Yamaha hardware, Zildjian cymbals, and Iron Cobra double-pedals. It's my pride and joy. smile

Mane
I guess there aren't many drummers...

MornGlory
drummers are sexy!

nice arms and backs droolio

Reckoning
I had to sell my kit. Bastards.

Ronny
oh yeah baby lets make out no expression

im a Fe-drummer eek!

Bierbommetje
Not sure how you call it, but I think it's just a basic Pearl kit.
Nothing fancy, sounds decent. 1 crash 14", 1 ride 20", 2 tom toms, nothing big brand. it was like 300 euro or something.

How long have you been drumming Mane?

Mane
Since 2nd grade, so about 8 years.

Mane
wink

Darth Revan
Hey Mane, can I get your autograph so when you become a famous metal drummer I can sell it on eBay for thousands of dollars? wink

Ronny
pffft hes got better things to do with his life then drum stick out tongue

me on the other hand whistle

i have one thing better to do confused

eggmayo
I used to do drum lessons then graduated to guitar.

Mane
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon6.gif

Bierbommetje
Cool, Ive been drumming for a little less then 3,5 years now.

Have you had lessons?

Mane
Yeah I used to. I mostly teach myself.

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm good. wink stick out tongue

Bierbommetje
Yeah, I never had lessons apart from some advice on what hand to use for high-hat and what for snare

Do you have any recordings you could share?

EDIT: Im such a poet roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mane
HAHA. No, not yet. My parents are getting the kinks in the recording equipment in the office worked out.

Bierbommetje
K, cool

Alpha Centauri
I have Sonor kit.

18 x 22" bass and a 16 x 22" bass.

8", 10", 14" and 16" toms.

20" Power crash, 22" Thin china, 22" Dry crisp, 12" Flanger splash, 18" Power crash, 18" Full crash, 2x 8" sig splash, 24" China, DW5000 hi-hat.

5 Simmons digipads, a Roland Handsonic pad.

I tried to model it on Danny Carey's kit as much as possible, well his smaller one. Not that I'm anywhere near that good. Just gives me more creation width.

-AC

Bierbommetje
Wow, that sounds damn inpressive, though I dont know what some of the stuff is...

This is gonna sound stupid, but what do you mean with 18 x 22" bass? And whats a DW5000 hi-hat?

Do you have any recordings of any of your drumming?

Alpha Centauri
I rarely play it. I used to be a drummer bit whenever I play with a band I play guitar/keyboard. It's there when I need it though, or if I jam with friends and they obviously can't bring a kit.

The dimensions are width and depth.

-AC

Mane
Wow that's an awesome set, dude!

Alpha Centauri
Thankings.

-AC

Bad Boy
Dude, how do you play double bass? I can't do it!

Alpha Centauri
"Dude, how do you play double bass? I can't do it!"

Takes years of coordination practice.

Unless of course you are Terry Bozzio. Who has the best multiple pattern coordination of any drummer ever.

-AC

Mane
It has taken me years to get my hand/foot coordination under control as AC said. That's how I can play double bass.

Bierbommetje
Ah, ok... now that I look at it, its kinda logical. embarrasment

How do you guys tune your kit, btw?

Like the tom toms, do you pick certain tones? Do you tune the top and bottom skin the same height? And what skins do you use?

Ive got one Pearl skin, which was already on when I bought the kit, and de rest are Remo Weatherking.

I suck at tuning, I usually end up just randomly turning till the sound's decent, but it never really sounds like I want.

Mane
Most of the time I want my high tom to be a nice tone, not too low, not too high, but since it's a jazz set up (one high tom, two low toms) I like to tune the other two relatively low. I usually tune the bottom head a little bit higher than the top.

I have't really got a preferred head, but I really like most heads by Evans and Aquarian.

**EDIT: Oh and try to turn the tension rods to a relative pitch with the rest. yes

Bierbommetje
Yeah, I try to turn the tension to a relative pitch, but usually just with the top one. Ill try it with the bottom ones.

Thx

Victor Von Doom
Would just like to point out the lies of this post.

Alpha Centauri
Oh look Victor, the old scoundrel.

-AC

Korri

Victor Von Doom
It's not what you have, it's how you use it.

At least that's what Alpha keeps telling himself.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha.

Again we see Victor proving to be quite to comedic genius.

-AC

Korri
smile

Alpha Centauri
Don't smile, you'll just encourage him more.

-AC

Korri
sorry i was trying to bring some positive atmosphere to the thread.

VVD> how the hel do you know he is lying?

*Danii*
I've got a sh!tty little premier 5 piece, with sabian Hihat and crash erm

Korri
MacCormacks? stick out tongue

they dont really have a very wide range when it comes to drumkits they have some kickass guitars though.

Alpha Centauri
Who is everyone's favourite Drummer?

-AC

Df02
favourite.... The Walkmen's drummer

Victor Von Doom
Danny Carey, Terry Bozzio, Neil Peart.

Mane
Dave Lombardo rock

Korri
John Bonham easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.