The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Family Tree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
The History and Mythology of THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE

What is the story with the family from the TCM?

In the original the family consists of :

GRAMPA
THE DAD
LEATHERFACE ( THE MUM )
THE CRAZY GUY THAT TAKES THE PHOTO IN THE VAN
I cant remember if there is anyone else

In part 2 :

LEATHERFACE
THE BROTHER
I cant remember if there is anyone else

PART 3 :
LEATHERFACE
THE MUM
LITTLE BLONDE GIRL
CRAZY BRoTHERS
GRAMPA?

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE FAMILY TREE AND THE BACKSTORY OF WHERE THESE CHARAChTERS come from, and who they are?

papabeard
Also in next generation, mum, little girl, matthew mcounaghy?, brothers, leatherface, what is trhe story is there any consistency?

eggmayo
Since when was Leatherface the mum in part 1?

papabeard
well that was just the role he had assumed within the messed up hierarchy of his family, there was no female in the clan so he became like the matriarch. This is evident in the high pitched giggles and screaming , the make up on the mask (lipstick and blue eye shadow), he also serves up the food and a few other things that indicate he is the matriarch. This is not overtly mentioned in the film its just my interpretation.

eggmayo
Oh right, I try as hard as I can not to overanalyse too many films, it ruins them in my eyes.

papabeard
it makes them better in my eyes, you can see more depth and intelligence in the film making and adds a different dimension to the film, allows you to enjoy the film more.

As We Collapse
I hate over annalyzing movies and other things, i always pick out flaws and i think less of it in the end. thats just me.

eggmayo
^ thumbup1

I'll agree with that.

As We Collapse
you must be a thinker, like me.

BackFire
Actually "The Dad" is actually leatherfaces other brother. Tobe Hooper said that he meant for all three of them to be brothers but people often think the older one is the dad because he's the leader.

Snipes
didnt leatherface have makeup on, because he wanted to be a woman or something.

i forget where i heard that, but i know someone told me that.

tabby999
overanalyzing can be bad depending on the movie your analyzing. if your watching an action movie, you'll ruin it on yourself

eggmayo
I hate this, I apparently have the uncut edition of Texas Chainsaw, but it must be a new tape, the makeup scenes aren't there... and according to my friend Jake, its not the uncut one.

papabeard
the make up is on the mask, look for it, it will be on the any version

eggmayo
I was under the impression you saw him putting it on, my bad.

tabby999
nah he has a scene where he sits there making funny noises and staring at nothing, not putting on makeup

Napalm
He forgot that little creepy kid Jedediah

papabeard
so does anyone know the supposed lineage, where did the people in part 3 come from? anyone?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.