Songs You Dont Understand But Listen To Anyway!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Loving_Daniel11
Are there any songs, in other languages for instance that you dont understand but like anyway?
I like the french song by Charles Trenet called "La Mer", I've got the translation for it but its really long and hard to compare with the french words to match up.
I like the spanish singer Selena's songs like "Bidi Bidi Bom Bom", "Si Una Ves", "La Llamada", and "No Me Queda Mas".

Darth Revan
Anything by Rammstein thumb up

Bierbommetje
About the only foreign language music I actually listen to (as in albums). But if theres the odd Latin/Spanish song on, Ill enjoy it most of the time, cause the music is often quite good.

AcrypT
Rammstein (German) and Pleymo (French), 2 Kick ass bands; I like most, if not all of their songs.

Loving_Daniel11
Cool!

Solo
Anything by Tan

Cinemaddiction
Stuff by Leibach, Rammstein, and Charo.

hh?
Aesop Rock (most of the time)

im not stupid, but how the hell do u understand him? most of it are just complex riddles...but i doubt they make sense.

Mane
The Mars Volta lol.

AcrypT
Oh I forgot Puma (Spanish), I'm sure I'm forgetting a few more but I can't think of them atm...

Df02
most songs by The Locust lol

ElectricBugaloo
It's all about Sigur Ros. And the Portuguese David Bowie covers in The Life Aquatic Soundtrack. I'm about half sure that he's making up his own lyrics through parts of hte song.

Dazzler619
"Dirt" from Resident Evil 1. I can't understand a single word he saids but it's still a cool song

Loving_Daniel11
Havent heard that yet, Electric.

Ronny
yes

ZomBiE_HunTER
I listen to Ayumi Hamasaki and Utada Hikaru

Deathblow
Kool Keith, Dr Octagon, Deltron 3030. Come to think of it, a lot of the best hip-hop is the stuff that doesn't make any sense.

Afro Cheese
Well I used to listen to Aesop Rock. Not so much anymore.. I dunno I kinda just got tired of him. I keep hearing about Rammstein but I've never actually heard their music. What genre are they?

Bierbommetje
Tanzmetal yes

German for Dancemetal

Or thats what they call it themselves

It falles under industrial

Silver Stardust
I listen to Rammstein...though I do speak German fairly well so I understand some of it...

I also listen to a lot of Japanese music (namely Ayumi Hamasaki and Utaka Hikaru, with some Malice Mizer thrown in), and while I can speak some Japanese, it's not enough to actually be able to understand what they're saying unless I read the lyrics and have my dictionary with me laughing out loud

Afro Cheese
I DLed some of their stuff.. pretty good. Definitely different.. but not bad.

hh?
Deltron make sense...well to me they do...huh

Kool Keith= psycho
Dr Octagon= Kool Keith's alias...bigger psycho

MornGlory
what does Chop Suey mean,... from SOAD

is it sacraligious (sp?)

im sure someone knows?

tabby999
there are most definatly religious links, i think (not sure) the "father, why have you forsaken me" thing was a biblical quote.

and DF, i have to agree, the Locust are pretty....different wink

Deathblow
The lyrics are easy enough to understand, but lets face it, songs about battling space aliens in hidden galaxies? Sense isn't a word I'd associate with Deltron.

Solo
Shit, yeah the Mars Volta. Kinda forgot about them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.