homework help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clovie
i need nice definitions of these:
(nice meaning with use of simple words)

oxygen tent
cardiac monitor
intravenous transfusion
hypothermia
extracorporeal circulation
aneurism
embolus
infarction
cardiac neurosis

all help will be aprettiated confused

dave123
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=11809

Tptmanno1
A cardiac monitor is something they hook up so a person to watch their heart beat and help prevent heart attacks.
Its the thing in the TV shows that goes " beep, beep" and when someone dies it holds it out "beeeeeeep"
(I hope that made sence)

Hypothermia is when your body temerature drops below 98 degrees fahenhight, its leathal if the person isn't warmed up quickly.

Aureasm
A weakened part of boold vessles (usually a major one) and if it pops your dead.

Storm
cardiac monitor: a heart monitor
intravenous transfusion: the introduction of blood or blood plasma into a vein or artery
hypothermia: subnormal body temperature
aneurism: a cardiovascular disease characterized by a sac-like widening of an artery resulting from weakening of the artery wall
embolus: an abnormal particle (e.g. an air bubble or part of a clot) circulating in the blood
infarction: localized necrosis (the localized death of living cells) resulting from obstruction of the blood supply

Clovie
thanks kat!!!!

i'm unable to use it cry it gives up random articled, and advertisemnts, i don't wanna buy a monitor i need a def of it sad

Clovie
make sense. but it is a bit unclrear... to say it to teacher

dave123
Oxygen tent: A tent-like device used to deliver high levels of oxygen to a patient in a bed. The tent typically covers the whole bed of an infant and the head and upper body of an older child or adult. The oxygen is pumped in from a tank.

try:

http://www.medterms.com

Storm
cardiac neurosis: disturbance of the heart not attributable to any known neurological or organic dysfunction

Clovie
Infarction: The formation of an infarct, an area of tissue death due to a local lack of oxygen.

it makes no sense cry

Tptmanno1
Its the act of causing tissue death due to lack of oxygen.

An infarct is the tissue death and infarction is it happening.

Clovie
and isn't it a heart attact or sumthin?

yerssot
try dictionary.com

Clovie
those definitions are not detailed enough

yerssot
use them as base then

Clovie
uh huh

Jackie Malfoy
Look online for them or the dictionary!JM

Darth Revan
99.9% of the time... But I met a guy who had an aneurism that popped and survived it... He was in a wheelchair after knee surgery or something, and he strained going up a ramp. Within a second he was on the ground, literally vomiting because of the pain.

And maybe I'm wrong, but don't they only form in your head? That's why it's fatal if they pop, because the oxygen in your blood burns your brain tissue...

Tptmanno1
yea...

MornGlory
this site always helps

if you go here and type in dictionary - and type in your word - it will give exact meaning and so on...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.