Jail. Thoughts?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HarmonicFlo88
Well i was just in county jail where its worse than prison. anyone been to jail or prison? any thoughts on it? any thoughts from someone who's never been in it?

KidRock
why were you in there? and what do you mean county jail is worse then prison? arent they the same thing

Afro Cheese
I'm going to assume that jail sucks and hope I never have to find out for myself.

chelsea17
My uncle used to work at a jail/prison thing.....hated it.

Dazzler619
Jail and Prison is the same thing

ABS420
Not the same jail you are locked up waiting trail or to be formally charged. Prison your gone proven guilty by a jury of your peers its a lot more hardcore and the stay is a lot longer usually. Unless your Martha Stewart.

HarmonicFlo88
Yea jail and prison are different. county jail is not in tha city ur located in..its a bigger jail for tha whole county

Afro Cheese
Martha Stewart went to a white collar prison... not exactly "hardcore" in comparison with other prisons.

ABS420
Its barely a prison its a resort that rich people get sent to if they get caught so the gov. can be like see we all are equal in the eyes of the law more tea Mrs. Stewart.

HarmonicFlo88
yea its called camp CUPCAKE..lmao

anyway i'm 18. two of my friends were gona fight. and we went in private property. seeing tha guy approach me i was like

ME Is this private property sir?
/yeah
ME okay i'm sorry we'll move.

so we move to another place and i told my friend to turn off headlights..he just got some HID's and cant turn em off. so tha guy said he saw our lights goin around a place nearby . we got loitering and prowling. i was in 5 cells. 37 people in a small room with two 8 feet long benches and a toilet. we all slept on tha floor....lucky ones got tha bench but as soon as they sat up, someone sat in that new open spot. tha floor was cold, some spots sticky and visibly dirty. without getting ANY sleep i was on tha floor for some time. only slept on tha bench actually when i leaned on my friend sam. that was for 20 minutes.

Longest day of my life. which i had some type of mutant power to bust out. they told us we were O R, so no bail...and it would only take a few mins but it ended up taking hours. and in there...one hour is a month. for real. now i have to go to court on feb 3rd.

ABS420
I was just processed through only in long enough to put me in the system they were packed so I didn't even get a cell. I was only there about 5 hours I was just busted for some weed. In a college town thats barely against the law.

SlipknoT
Man that must suck.

Aku
Although jail is a punishment its also a protection to the public.
There are five possible purposes to the punishment of criminals:
1. Incapacitation: A felon in prison cannot commit crimes while imprisoned. An executed felon cannot commit a crime ever again.
2. Deterrence: The threat of punishment deters people from engaging in illegal acts.
3. Restitution: The felon is required to take some action to at least partially return the victim to the status quo ante.
4. Retribution: The felon harmed society; therefore society (or the direct victims) is entitled to inflict harm in return.
5. Rehabilitation: The punishment changes the felon in order to make him a better citizen afterwards. (The punishment can include mandatory vocational training, counseling, drug treatment, etc.)
In order for a punishment to be justified, it must satisfy at least one of these criteria. (There may be reasons to oppose a punishment even if it does satisfy these criteria, so this is a necessary, but not a sufficient, condition.)

eggmayo
I was held in a police cell overnight on GBH.

Jackie Malfoy
Never been to jail but my boyfriend was in Junalle Dention a couple of times.Most of the time it was not his fault.But yea I have to argee with you jail and prison are different.
For a field trip once we vist a police station and saw what the overnight jail looked like.Then he locked us in for fun.It was pretty scary.I hope never to go to jail.JM

amity75
I know that I wouldn't last 2 days in prison.

Angie79
I was sentenced at age 16 to 3 years but was released after 2. Dutch prison is awesome; it's better than how I lived at the time. I got arrested a lot, cos I was a stoopid kid. I'm all grown-up now. no expression

Napalm
Never been in prison

Fire
Never been in prison and as long as people are threated decent and can't escape it is the perfect sentence to a lot of crimes

Aku
I've been in a holding cell for a night. I got drunk and smashed the window on this guys Aston Martin. He refused to press any charges but i had to pay a wodge. I think I would have rather been inside for 3 months.

Alpha Centauri
I've been IN a prison, never been incarcerated though. Thankfully.

-AC

eggmayo
I've been in Alcatraz

Imperial_Samura
Been on tours of a couple of prisons, and have seen some of the conditions due to a uni investigation (well for law extension), although I have never actually been arrested or spent any real time in them. Not sure I get the difference between jail and prison, but then here in Australia there isn't much difference. There are prisons where a convicted person goes, and can hold people who have been refused bail, the police cells which hold people for a short time, juvenile prisons and I think thats it. None look really pleasant, but then I guess they aren't really meant to...

Alpha Centauri
They're probably alot worse to us than they are to the inmates. Sadly.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.