Sign the petition, to get STYX into the RNR HAOF!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

STYX Chick
Yeahs! Sign it, please? smile Also, sorry if this doesn't belong here/isn't allowed sad

Anyways... Get STYX into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame!

ElectricBugaloo
But I thought we wanted GOOD bands in the Rock n Roll HOF. Then again, it doesn't matter, it's a piece of horeshit instituion anyways.

STYX Chick
Excuse me? STYX is a good band...maybe, you're just to blind to see that? stick out tongue

Deathblow
Or maybe, your to blind to see that they aren't.

Seriously, Styx are little more than a joke nowadays, as illustrated on The Simpsons when Homer travels across the river of the same name. Thats good satire yes

STYX Chick
mad Why don't you people stop coming here in my thread, to flame STYX! You don't see me going and flamig some band that you like, so...Stop it, Please?

Anyways, STYX is a good band, so...Stop being wierd stick out tongue Go listen to STYX, they ARE the best band in history (In my oppinon), and...Stop flaming them erm I'm not flaming some band that you people like...

Also, STYX is NOT a joke...STYX made some great hits, a few of them are their most popular songs, still to this day:

"Mr. Roboto" ( With this song, STYX invented the 'Robot Dance' laughing out loud )
"Lady" (One of STYX's most romantic songs)
"Babe" (See above)
"Renegade" (The fast paced song, that any true STYX fan likes or loves!)
"Lorelei" (With amazing vocals, and beautiful keyboarding, this song is a total hit!)
"Blue Collar Man" (Again, awsome vocals, and fast paced guitar, and keyboard parts, and, a nice beat, this is of course, another great hit!)

AND, what other bands can you say that ACTUALLY had about 9, yes, NINE Classic/Best of/Greatest Hits Albums?! Not to mention, a two disc 'Anthology' CD! So........ stick out tongue

Cinemaddiction
If STYX get in, Night Ranger won't be too far behind. Then Stryper, then RATT.

R0B
I cant stand styx. Im just not into their songs.

STYX Chick
Night Ranger - Also a good band happy

R0B, how can you not stand STYX?! weep laughing out loud

Darth Revan
That doesn't make you good, that just makes you a lazy asswhore who can't be arsed to come up with any new material and feels pressured to release an album every two years. People like that shouldn't be famous, let alone put in any hall of fame... for anything.

ElectricBugaloo
The beatles have WAY more than just 9 greatest hits compilations. I'm betting Dylan adn the Rolling Stones have too. And thsoe are bands that actualy contributed something good to music.

STYX Chick
erm Stop being an ass...Don't you have someone ELSE you can bug? Anyways, I still say that STYX is a great band, BETTER than the Beatles -Throws up- AND the Rolling stones -Throws up, again- In my oppinon, those bands SUCK!!!!!! erm

ElectricBugaloo
I bug everyone. and if you think the beatles and stones suck...man i can't respect your taste in music one bit. Greatest pop band of all time and arguably the greatest rock band of all time?

Darth Revan
Funny how if it weren't for such sucky bands as the Beatles and the Stones, your precious Styx wouldn't even exist. no expression

Seriously, I think you've got to be a bigger moron than I've ever encountered here. no expression

Afro Cheese
You seem to have some sort of allergic reaction to good music.

Bad Boy
Your gay!

Mane
STYX is some seriously gay crap.

Silver_Blaze
furious She's not gay! Your the one who's GAY Bad Boy!!! mad

If you don't like STYX that's your problem no one elses, you don't have to listen to them, just go listen to some noise or whatever you call musicranting

Oh and I agree... the Beatles suck!!! stick out tongue

-Kisses STYX Chick!- I love you and I've signed it because they do ROCK!!! -Huggles his love STYX Chick!- hug

I'm sailing away from this topic for awhile now buh bai boat laughing out loud

ElectricBugaloo
People who say that the Beatles suck automatically lose all credit musically in my head.

If you think they aren't the best band and have some reasons, I can deal with that. But to say they suck...that's just...dumb.

Silver_Blaze
-Sails back in- boat

Well fine if you want me to explain why the Beatles don't sound good to me fine...

I) I don't like the Beatles image but that has nothing to do with the music so lets go on...

II) Alot of the songs sound so much the same that I can't tell the difference, okies they could say "if it's not broke why fix it" but shesh try to sound diffent x.x; (I didn't mind alot of the song when they went solo though some was good)

III) The instumentals wasn't the best I have herd, they could have been better there.

IV) They was so self obsessed at times, that fame just got to there heads laughing out loud

V) This is my last one because I don't want to think so much,... There songs are so annoying they get stuck in your head because they alway's use that 'Catch' or whatever it is to get the song to stick in your head disgust

And that's all so now you see why the Beatles Suck!!

ElectricBugaloo
I) At first the Beatles had the gimmick of their image as the four 'mop top kids from Liverpool' but they outgrew that. And Styx was a very image driven band throughout their career.
II) I still don't get how people think this. Granted, much of their pre-Help! stuff sounded similar, but they quickly evolved. Rubber Soul sounds nothing like Sgt Pepper's or The White Album or Abbey Road. After Help! they basically created a sound for each album, in some cases multiple sounds. They CREATED these sounds, made albums that sounded like nothing ever before.
III) George Harrison is a very good guitar player - he didn't do extended guitar solos because it wouldn't have fit into the music. Doing a guitar solo for the sake of doing so was never in the Beatles style like some other bands. Paul was a very good bass player and is underrated. He could have been one of the greats if he had not tried to learn every instrument under the sun (piano, sitar, etc). Ringo...well he sucked.
IV) There really is no basis for this. They did not go out and party to celebrate their fame, in fact they were all kind of recluses - the fame followed them, they didn't seek it. Such is the life when you are the most popular band of your day.
V) Writing catchy songs is a minus? I don't see how.

And that's all so now you can see how you are basing your opinon on The Beatles off of misguided facts.

Silver_Blaze
Huh? This is my opinion not misguided facts

I've herd almost all the songs by the Beatles over and over x.x; (No I ain't saying i'm a musical mastermind or anything)

So ok for my reasons I don't like their music, it's not my type and I never have liked the Beatles... just like people who don't like STYX it's just the way it is...

People don't have to like the same thing it's up to anyone what they want to like smile

ElectricBugaloo
well saying all their songs sound alike is way off base.

Silver_Blaze
I know all of them ain't but alot sound alot alike exspecially early ones...

I know they went threw changes aswell but then the songs sounded all the same at that time o.o

Anyway I just think STYX are good and the Beatles arn't to me and that's it yes

Atomic Rico
Cmon, Ringo wasnt THAT sucky. I love his drum work on "Hey Jude"
And yes Styx is pretty awful. Theres a whole episode of That 70's Show where everybody is picking on Eric for liking them

Afro Cheese
Ringo was nothing special but I wouldn't say he sucked.

Atomic Rico
At least he was funny-He cracks me up in all their movies
how could we ever forget the "dont touch to button" scene in Yellow Submarine?

Solo
Notice their's only two people in this thread that actually like STYX.

Atomic Rico
Only two people that like Styx?????Surely you jest, sir!

STYX Chick
Oh my fu.cking GAWD!!!!!!! If you want to fu.cking bash STYX, go do it else where, you fu.cking MORONS!!!!

I created this thread, to get STYX into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame...

AND! I don't suck...The Rolling Stones do...Aswell as the Beatles...If I hear one more fu.cking song of the Beatles, I'm gonna go INSANE!!!!

Also, if you don't like STYX...You can LEAVE me the FU.CK ALONE!!!!!!! mad

Okies, I'm happy I got that out of my system now happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.