Cosplay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trinity_Matrix
So...I can't be the only cosplayer on KMC...who else here cosplays?

Cosplay, in case you don't know, is short for costume play. Basically, it's making and wearing costumes of characters from anime, movies, TV shows, video games, books, etc. I've been doing it for almost a year now, and have completed about 6 costumes (both for myself and others), and I wear them to anime conventions. One of the costumes I made (I did it for my sister, PadfootsPyrefly) won an award recently big grin

Oh, and if anyone reads the magazine Animerica, there's a picture of me and PadfootsPyrefly in there...laughing out loud

Kaleanae
I would really really, really like to take part in those activities but I know how erm

JKozzy
You mean you *don't* know how? blink

Kaleanae
Yes I DON'T know how
I forgot the Don't and It was too late to edit my post embarrasment

lil bitchiness
That sounds interesting! thumb up

Ive never been into the costume plays or dressing up as people...just not my thing...i think some are cool though.

Trinity_Matrix
Heh, it's so much fun...I got so nervous the first time I cosplayed, because I felt so stupid wearing a costume out in public when it wasn't Halloween...but once I got the con and was recognized (I was Lenne from Final Fantasy X-2), it was great. I loved it (so much in fact that I redid the costume and have worn it a ton of times).

But, it's one of those things that you kinda need patience for...sewing isn't easy, and making costumes isn't either. Most costumes you have to either try to alter or make a pattern for, or (as I usually do) just completely wing it.

lil bitchiness
Wow...sounds like a lot of work too!

But i guess if you like it, its all good, and you have the patience to do it.

I never could see myself doing it thogh...being one of the anime characters or SW or LOTR...I dont think i could do it...maybe ive never tried it though.

Trinity_Matrix
I never would have thought that I'd cosplay...see, in real life I'm really shy...but when I cosplay, it's like I'm suddenly the center of attention. In fact, the latest anime convention I was at in October, my friend and I went as Songstress Yuna and Lenne from FFX-2, and we had both heard that there'd be about 4 or 5 other Yunas and Lennes. No big deal, we thought, they're incredibly popular characters (and currently way over done, and usually rather crappily). Well, it turned out that we were the only ones, so everytime we turned around there'd be someone with a camera saying "OMG it's Yuna and Lenne can I take your picture?" It was hilarious, but slightly overwhelming.

lil bitchiness
Wow! That must have been super cool!! eek!

I love that kind of attention embarrasment

Do you have any pictures from the conventions or just generaly in your costume?

Kitoky
I've never really tried Cosplay! Of course I never get to go to conventions either...confused

lil bitchiness
Nah, me neither, i couldnt see myself dressed as an Anime character, or LOTR character or SW character...messed

Kitoky
Star Wars character...*shudder*

Trinity_Matrix
laughing out loud I'm going to be dressing up with a bunch of my friends for the third Harry Potter movie...

And I have tons of pictures...most of them are at my cosplay site, or you can look up my profiles on Cosplay.com (my name there is Ayana) or Cosplaylab.com (my name on there is Hazel Eyes).

WindDancer
My friend is a big Dungeon and Dragons fanatic! He loves to do cosplay when we go to comic conventions. The biggest ones I been to is San Francisco and San Diego. I don't do cosplay but is so cool to see the fans design their customes. From Sci fi to Fantansy cosplay is pretty cool big grin

VENOMfan
I have a ninja costume.........but thats cuaze im a ninja........................

lil bitchiness
Sorry Trinity_Maltrix, but I removed the link from your post. It counts as spam. If you have pictures, please post them on here, rather than links.

Thank you.

Trinity_Matrix
Ahh, sorry. I didn't want to actually post the pictures here because there's a ton of them.

lil bitchiness
Its ok, I dont mind the piccys, im sure anyone else wont smile

If you want, and have time, there is no problem how many you post smile

Trinity_Matrix
Well, okay smile I'll go through and pick out some of the best pics of my cosplay.

This is the 'famous' picture of me as Lenne from Final Fantasy X-2 (I say it's the famous one because it's the one that everyone's seen laughing out loud )

Trinity_Matrix
Another of me as Lenne...I like this pose, it's really cute big grin

Trinity_Matrix
This would be myself as Lenne and my friend Lauren (aka Troppy) as Songstress Yuna, doing the ever-so-famous Lenne and Yuna pose big grin

Trinity_Matrix
And last but not least, this is a collage I made a while back of various pictures of myself as Lenne from the anime convention I was at back in October.

lil bitchiness
Wow...looks good! If the camera angle was a little different it would be an EXACT pic Lenne and Yuna pose! eek!

Very impressive! yes

Trinity_Matrix
Heh, thanks!

I'm planning on wearing my Lenne costume again to Anime Central in May, so I need to fix it up a bit...like remake my armbands (one of them broke...) and actually make covers for my boots. I also want to re-dye the sidetrain so the gradient shows more, and maybe add a few layers so it looks a bit more accurate. But all in all, I love that costume, and am pretty well-known for it...in fact, back in November Lauren and I went to a video game store together, and the guys there recognized us...they said "Hey, it's Yuna and Lenne!" It was really cool big grin And we got free FFX-2 posters out of it laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
Wow...your friend kind of really looks like Yuna blink The shape of her face i mean...

Trinity_Matrix
She really does...and trust me, she looks even more like Yuna in real life than in just pictures laughing out loud And I can't even keep track of the times I've been told that I look like Lenne...

Here's my sister in her White Mage Rikku costume that I made her...and that she won an award for...(the staff we borrowed from Lauren, she had made it for her Summoner Yuna costume and broke it, and I agreed to fix it for her if she let us use it laughing out loud ) That damn flame pattern on the sleeves took me nearly 2 hours to make...that tried my patience even more than trying to pleat lace for my Lenne skirt. But I'm really proud of how it turned out yes

lil bitchiness
Yeah, you totally look like Lenne as well! thumb up

Wow, neat! I cant make any kinds of clothes, at all...kinda sad really. I like it, you did a great job!

You got anymore piccys? Any guy dressed as Cloud whistle

Trinity_Matrix
Nope, don't know any Cloud cosplayers...I do know a very good (and hot) Zell cosplayer, though...big grin

lil bitchiness
Zell!!!!!!!!!! eek!

You are being serious!?!?!?

The pic, the pic, let me see!

I think its a shame, i think there should be a Cloud somewhere....

lil bitchiness
I like the badness in Zell's look...i dont know if anyone can pull it off...but you say the guy is hot...so...i wanna see whistle

Trinity_Matrix
Trust me, this guy is the most-perfect Zell ever...at one of the conventions he was running around, shadow-boxing with people, and randomly doing cartwheels laughing out loud

This is me and Zell (I was a Moogle one of the days, and he wanted to get a picture with me), and then one of my friends is in the background as Rikku.

lil bitchiness
OMG!! He looks like Zell and all!! eek!

laughing out loud This is crazy...omg the pose as well!! Its Zell alright!! wink Very nice...hes sexy alright.

You know who id totally wanna see...Squall embarrasment Im sorry, but hes super sexy..(did i just call an video game character sexy blink )
But yeah, do you have anyone cosplaying Squall...

embarrasment

Trinity_Matrix
Unfortunately, no...in fact, we're running into a bit of trouble because we don't know any Squalls...for the con in May we're doing a HUGE FFVIII group, and we've got nearly every character in the game except for Squall and Irvine...(I'm being Raine for that group yes )

lil bitchiness
Damn!! Thats such a shame. I Love Squall..you can even say hes my fave...i dont know why, i played his character a lot, and i loved it when i did...yes

I hope you get a sexy guy to do the Squall...

Trinity_Matrix
Squall is awesome...he's such a badass big grin and we are hunting for a Squall...we'll find one, no doubt about it...

HOWEVER...you will simply LOVE this picture, I totally forgot that I took it...

lil bitchiness
Wow! Coolness...

Very impressive, I like i like! big grin

Shame i cant see the guys face though, nice piccy big grin

Trinity_Matrix
Well, it's the same Zell as from the other picture, except this was from before he had fixed up his costume (he's also going to be Zell for our group) big grin And the Seifer I'm now friends with...I wish I knew who the Squall was, though.

lil bitchiness
Yeah, thats what i ment...good hair i must admit! thumb up I wander if the scar is there as well....eek!

Id loveto visit one of those conventions yes it would be interesting i recon big grin

Trinity_Matrix
They are an amazing amount of fun...and it's always great to see the reactions of the 'normal' people when they see a bunch of people walking around in costume laughing out loud in fact, the one I was at in October was the weekend before Halloween, and people kept yelling at us that we were a week early...we were considering walking over to McDonald's or something in costume but didn't feel like it because it was cold outside big grin

Oh, and of course there's the infamous incident where I was at a Japanese marketplace that's near where I live with some friends for lunch, and there was a random guy walking around dressed up as Neo...THAT was really funny.

lil bitchiness
Wow, Neo!! Very nice. I hope it was cool Neo rather than geeky neo...messed

OMG, do you have any more pictures, im dying to see all these people dressed as random anime/videogame characters

Kaleanae
eek! Great costumes

Kaleanae
sad

lil bitchiness
Whats wrong?

VENOMfan
well......I have one pic of me in my first ninja outfit................but.........

lil bitchiness
Post it!! big grin

Go on...we wanna see!!

VENOMfan
well.....I did my best version of cop's blur effect

i have a much better outfit now, i just havent got pics yet

lil bitchiness
Nice, I like, i like! thumb up

VENOMfan
well my new one is much better, but everybody else has much better pic's they show there dedication and time and care put into their outfit's

Kaleanae
I want to go to a closplay convention

lil bitchiness
Do you have them on your comp? Post new ones if you have them. You are quite an artist, i can see you being good at costume design as well.

lil bitchiness
Where do you live?

PadfootsPyrefly
Merf...that White Mage ish me yes khehe...

Kaleanae
New Jersey erm

Trinity_Matrix
There's most likely some cons in your area, Kaleanae...I could look it up, if you want yes

And my Lenne costume? I put about 50+ hours of work into that damn thing to make it look as perfect and precise as possible blink The White Mage Rikku costume for my sis took about 30 hours. Looong time, but the effort was worth it, in my opinion.

lil bitchiness
Well i suppose you have to put work in it to look good. thumb up I think it looked great, you and your friend truly look like Lenne and Yuna yes

Lord Ryugen
I've never been able to cosplay but I do want to. Apparantly I'm the spitting image of Gendo Hikari from Neon Genisis Evangellion

Trinity_Matrix
You should, then! Gendo's cool...kinda creepy, but cool yes And Eva's a great anime.

Here's my latest project, for my sis...she wants to be a Moomba for our big Final Fantasy VIII group, and her costume's almost done (except for making the giant paws, the tail, and figuring out how to make her hair stand on end), so yesterday we took a bunch of progress pictures and I made a quick collage of them. We designed this costume together, and she really likes it big grin

lil bitchiness
For hair to stand on end, you need lots of hair products, I would suggest to get hair wax and shape the hair how you want it (not standing on end) then use hairspray TO make it stand on end. It will hold for a long time.

PadfootsPyrefly
Yep, we're going to experiment with that hopefully today ^^

lil bitchiness
Well good luck you guys. And post come piccys when you get some big grin

Trinity_Matrix
Heehee, don't worry, we will yes For the Moomba hair, I was thinking, instead of making it all stand on end, have part of it sticking up all crazily like a moomba, and the rest in two braids tied with orange ribbons...kinda like Wallmarket Cloud laughing out loud One of my friends suggested it to me so we're gonna try it.

And this morning I showed my mom part of another costume I'm working on (Pudding's cafe outfit from Tokyo Mew Mew, I've got the apron done so far) and she looked at it, was silent for a second, and said, "Wow...you made that?!" big grin I love reactions like that...

lil bitchiness
Thats pretty impressive TM, you have quite a talent there! big grin very nice, very nice indeed.

I dont think id dare do the cosplay....maybe, you never know stick out tongue

silver_tears
well from readin this thread it sounds quite lovely and cool cool
I used to dress up as disney princesses with friends embarrasment while back though

This sounds like a blast though yes

Trinity_Matrix
Heh...well, the anime convention I'm going to is in a little more than two weeks, so right now I'm trying to finish up my current cosplay projects...I'm working on Songstress Paine from FFX-2 (I have to style the wig myself, gonna be a huge pain, no pun intended, heh...), and our FFVIII group just totally fell apart so I gotta come up with a new costume to do. Heh. Once my computer's working I can post some new pics yes

lil bitchiness
I think this belongs to the anime forum.

moving.

big gay kirk
I dress up as Asuka Langley Soryu from Evangelion... I've got the red Eva suit, and various others....

BlackHatDefect
OMG ..lol i bet it twas sexy jk lol

Trinity_Matrix
Okay! Anime Central was this weekend, and our group won second place for best skit!!! big grin Here's a pic of us after learning we won:

http://www.fansview.com/2004/animecentral/0515j0127.jpg

I'm the one all the way on the left, Songstress Paine.

I'll post more pictures soon yes

Trinity_Matrix
Okay, here's another picture of me in my Songstress Paine costume...

Trinity_Matrix
And here is our Songstress YuRiPa group!

Wolf'e
I wanna know if there are any colsplay conventions in Miami (doubt it)
And tell your friend (The one who plays Yuna) That she is hot, lol love whistle wink big grin stick out tongue

Wolf'e
It says on one of those websites that you are planning on making a LuLu costume.
If that is true i wish you luck.
An extremely huge amount of luck.
I mean all those belts *phew* colsplay must be hard.
These are about the three best costumes i can make:.......... pirate ninja zorro

Silver Stardust
*bump*

Anime convention in a week, meaning more cosplay pictures coming up...big grin

songbirdforever
ohh i love wolverine
welcome new person
to stardust- cute pictures how old are you.
It lookes like you should still be in school. is that were you are writing from?

Silver Stardust
I'm 18 and in college...I don't have classes on Fridays happy

songbirdforever
wow
you look younger but i get that alot too. i don't have anyway to show you one of my pictures, but no one believes me when i tell them i'm 24.
Unless youre going to turn 19 this year that means that you were born in"86". I have a sister your age

Silver Stardust
Yep, I was born in 86, I'll be 19 in February yes

I actually look a lot different when I'm not cosplaying, mostly because when I am I wear my contacts instead of my glasses.

songbirdforever
so will my sister th 21 or 22
i can't rememberI saw that pictureof you at one of the conventions and now i mourn all of that beautiful long hair you decapitated.
why why why no no no sad

Silver Stardust
I got sick of having really long hair...it's growing out again, so it's still pretty long though.

tehOTAKU777

InsidiousDreams
Yay! My first post here! I'm going to my first convention in January, I'm going to cosplay as Lulu from Final Fantasy X!! Well, I'm going to attempt it anyway...No clue how I'm going to pull off the hair! But I absolutely adore Lulu so I'll find a way.

RyokoMasaki
I've cosplayed as some ppl.... but the last thing i dressed up as was Ryo-Oh-Ki..... everyone was hugging me and that stuff. It was annoying!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.