Neeson to have cameo?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeVi| D0do

Jedi Priestess
thumbsup

MornGlory
love Neeson! sexy droolio... sorry

robakin
i do hope so, i loved Qui Gonn and it would tie PM to ep.3.

kanis
alien What would he be doing, would he be trying to convince anakin that what he's doing is wrong.

Arsenal
He can be in Episode III and not II? What's up with that?

Jedi_Green
i was watching ep2 today arsenal and i think he has 1 line in episode 2.
Where anakin is slaughtering everyone in the tusken raiders camp, you hear someone saying "no anakin, no" and it sounds like neeson.

jedijunky1138
Qui-Gon will appear to Yoda and Ben on Dagobah. This is when we will find out about how the Jedi can "JOIN THE FORCE". He will speak to them about the will of the force and instruct them on how to take care of Luke.

jedijunky1138
This was Qoui-Gon's voice but I think it was more or less the Force reacting to his anger, thus the reason Yoda heard it also.

eleveninches
he was in the trailer, and his voice was in ep2, so maybe he'll be in ep3.

Ushgarak
If true, then it is the news I was waiting for...

Jedi_Green
Yoda could have been meditating while qui-gon used the force to contact anakin, being the reason yoda heard it.

Its like in the ot where obiwan is tlaking to luke while hes in the x-wing.

guiro72
only his voice was heard in ep II because only obi wan's voice was heard in anh after he "passed over"......so he has to appear in spirit form in ep III to mirror obi wan's appearance in esb.....i've always thought this was way it had to be....unfortunately i'd almost completely swallowed their disinformation campaign that made it look like it was not to happen....so i'm pretty happy about this....it was one of the things i was looking forward to most in this film, always felt like there was still unfinished business left with qui gonn character after tpm....happier about this, if it turns out to be true, than all the spoiler pics put together....

Jedi_Green
quiro could you please repeat that but dumb it down a bit for people who don't understand what your on about.

guiro72
erm, sorry.....just that i thought they were mirroring obi wan's post death behaviour with qui gonn's (voice only, then in the following film ghost appearance).....or i hoped they were....but there are also several other reasons i needed to see qui gonn in this film....after this i was referring to the game lucas played that neeson was sick of star wars, and would have nothing to do with it, everyone played along including people doing webchats etc.....

Jedi_Green
ooooooooooooooh....
gotcha mate
ty for the "dumbening"

Mempho76
Qui-Gon was always the Master. Sho nuff.

.:Space Opera:.
"Qui-Gon will appear to Yoda and Ben on Dagobah. This is when we will find out about how the Jedi can "JOIN THE FORCE". He will speak to them about the will of the force and instruct them on how to take care of Luke."

that is the absolute dumbest *ucking thing ive ever heard. im sorry but it is. it thought it was disclosed that deg. would not be in ROTS?

bilbofett
Unexpected this is!! Glad to hear of it though, adds to the continuity.....

Mempho76
Mecha stated this at CHUD

Sounds good.

vader519
This is great news, now I guess we all know the suprsie at the end of the film.

Torik_Shai
If they do it right without making it feel like he's there just to be there, this will work well.

maybe so, and maybe not.

coldiak
yes, was the neeson voice in EPII

Darth_Duffy
why do these sods always leak these things!? it would be far better it to be a complete shocker that he pops up at the end of the film, damn them!
still, great news if true

PVS
i hope he's in it...i really do.
i can just hear the round of applause in the audience now

i thought his character was old and crotchety. i didnt like him as much as i like obi.

Dropkick
That would have been a great idea!

guiro72
qui gonn was a renegade who constantly ignored direct orders and brought in the chosen one against the wishes of the council (which he was banned from joining due to his rebelliousness)....obi wan, by comparison, is a stick in the mud who plays by the rules, doesn't take chances, and likes everything to be in it's place.....until anh, when it seems he takes after his master for the first time and risks everything on a gut feeling (against the wishes of the jedi).....not saying i prefer one to the other, just pointing out that obi wan maybe fits the description of crotchety old man better than qui gonn does.....dunno....

obi wan has a better spirit though. qui gon was a liar and basically decieved the council which is something i frown upon. obi wan is a hero by marks and is an impressive jedi knight with good morals, thts why i like him better.

guiro72
oh yeah, i agree....plus the fact that i've spent an extra 25 odd years with the character helps a bit.....but he is more of an "old man" than qui gonn.....even when he was a young man....

you know OBI WAN PERSONALY!?!? wow maybe you, me, obi wan and supershadow can have a double date! JK

what do you mean by twenty five years.

Ushgarak
I think 'banned from joining' is a bit harsh. I don't think they specifically said "No QGJ allowed on the Council!" He WAS a Master, after all.

It was just he would never have made the selection process, it not being appropriate to champion rules you do not follow.

they just were waiting for him to prove himself and not defy them as much.

guiro72
by 25 years i meant that we're all a lot more familiar with the character is all....

and yeah, you're right ush, just trying to push the point home that obi seems to be more of an "old man" character to me....in a good way....

but i do see qui gonn as more of a gifted student who ignores the social guidlines if he thinks he sees the right path in front of him - in order to do good, rather than as an out and out bastard who lies and cheats the other jedi maliciously.....maybe you could say that qui gonn sees his job as serving the will of the force, whereas obi wan sees his job as serving the jedi order....same as some people go to work to do what only they can do, for their own satisfaction, and other people go to serve the company and please their boss, looking forward to a pension at the end of long service....

anyway, i'm still digesting some of this stuff myself, and with the knowledge that ep III should alter the way i see things further, i find myself pondering these things from time to time....no real point to make....

tony_bolony
Yes, technically Qui-Gon did have a line in Ep2. But rather than bring in Liam to record it they just clipped a line from Ep1. When Yoda is meditating, and Anakin is unleashing on the Sand People, you can here Qui-Gon shout 'Anakin!'. This is taken from the line 'Anakin...drop!' as Darth Maul is about to hop off his Sith Scooter and attack Qui-Gon on Tatooine in Ep1. I believe I've seen footage of Ben Burtt talking about this somewhere.

...in the commentary.

tony_bolony
Yeah thats it.

Mortanius
Qui-Gonn in episode 3, sweet!

yes! also darth maul too!

bill9d9
Darth Maul?

OH YEAH. HES IN THE WHOLE THING. WE FIND OUT THAT HE IMPREGNATED SHMI SKWALKER AND THATS HOW ANI BECAME WHAT HE IS!

sarcasm intended.

Arsenal
Is it true that Neeson refused to be in Episode II because he was mad that George used so much CGI? Correct me if I'm wrong.

if he did than he's an idiot.

Xam
i was watching episode 1 last nigth and i gotta say that qui gon is my favorite jedi in the PT,so yes i hope he will be in episode 3

Mempho76
Yea, I doubt it.

his voice probly though

Darth Subjekt
i think its funny how all the people that were saying "Qui-Gon will NOT bein Ep3...its been confirmed!" are all now saying, yes i knew it, or it makes sense....people ride this info bandwagon just to sound right all the time.....i think Qui-gon neds to show up and tell OB1 what a sack of crap he is for failing with Anakin and say how he would have done a better job. I also cant wait to for all these people who scream "confirmed"just to win an argument, to be proven wrong....

cal31
Why would Neeson come back when he hated his experience the first time? Unless it was in a contract or something.

Darth Subjekt
If you were an actor with no current jobs, and GL gave you money to be in a movie for a couple minutes, wouldnt you? How do you know he hated his first experience in TPM?

§pearhead
yes, do tell where you got this from...

cal31
I can't remember where I read it, I just remember reading somewhere that he didn't like EPI and didn't like how bad the experience was, but I might be wrong.

BAILY
I always thought Neeson liked his experience on TPM, but despised the almost completely CGI AOTC.... well if that the case, he is gonna hate ROTS, even if he is in it

Anakin2Vader
please be true

Cipher
I sincerely hope this is true because it will make the whole "retaining your identity" thing a LOT easier to explain. Come on George, you can do this without screwing it up.........

temp-nonaccount
Someone said that neeson said he hated star wars to cover up that he would be in rots. i think it was on this thread somewhere actually.

Torik_Shai
But then why would Neeson himself ruin it by hinting at his appearance?

Cipher
What could he really say? No comment? Basically the same thing- the fans will know what that means either way. Or he could have lied, I guess.
Maybe he's too ethical to do that......

Torik_Shai
This is true...

Meditate on this, we must.

robakin
on breakfast tv in '99 Liam was asked if was was in star wars ep 2 and he said no, but when asked if he was in ep.3 he said was wasn't allowed to say because of his contract. i remember it well.

Ushgarak
IIt must be admitted that Neeson's comments on this have been contradictory. I am assuming nothing but my mind is open.

Snakebyte
Star Wars Insider Interview Juli 1999

QUESTION: Unlike when Obi-Wan and Yoda died, your body didn't disappear after Darth Maul killed your character. Does that mean you could come back in Episode II or III?

LIAM: Oh, I think so. I hope so.

QUESTION: You do hope so? You'd like to come back for another one?

LIAM: Yeah.

from an insider interview
seems like he DO like episode 1... smile

Bob-Zombie
that can't be right, darth vader/anakins body didnt disappear because you see him being burnt when luke is there at the end of episode 6

Snakebyte
you see his armor like bens coat...nobody knows what it contains... *g

Bob-Zombie
you don't wanna know the secrets of bens robes....
dirty ewoks and fat wookies is all i will say

eleveninches
no. you only saw the suit being burnt. apparently, anakin faded away off screen, which is why he is seen as a ghost at the end.

Snakebyte
mmm...qui gonns body got burned. is this the reason why we dont see his personal appearance as a ghost and only hear his voice?

Ushgarak
It is a general mystery, that (if he turns up as a ghost having been very definitely burned rather than vanished). We shall see if the film offers any explanation.

Bob-Zombie
wonder why the jedi in the arena (ep.II) didnt disappear either?

Arsenal
This is rather disturbing. Meditate on this I will...

Bob-Zombie
there is never blood in this movie either

Ushgarak
No, that is no mystery at all. They aren't SUPPOSED to. The mystery is why some in the Original Trilogy DO disappear.

Bob-Zombie
in the original trilogy the jedi all disappeared but in the new trilogy the don't

Darth Subjekt
good job green....now leave

robakin
errrr who says jedi have to disappear to come back as ghosts?

cylob49
I read in a reputable movie mag that Neeson disliked the episode 1 experiance so much he almost gave up acting!
I hardly think hes going to say or they would print "no i dont want to come back for another one" in Insider..nor would he say it sucked making Episode 1 to the official mag.
You read the insider and all the principal actors say how much they enjoyed making star wars BUT get them on a talk show talking up their latest non sw movie and they dont seem THAT enthusiastic at all...as if being under contract to do a further 2 movies after phantom was the bane of their lives.

Snakebyte
The interviews i read are all positive.
And they are not all from the Insider...

http://quiobitemple.homestead.com/info.html
there are 3...

"LN: No, let's not get serious. Right before that interview, I had just come off playing Oscar Wilde on the West End Stage and Broadway, and also had two films back to back. It was just...burnout. I kind of wanted out of it all, you know? I had a friend call me up last night from England. He said, 'Mate, I've just been watching the news. First item: Kosovo, the next item: Liam Neeson's leaving the business!' I said, well it's not true."

So its a fake, that he wanted to stop acting because of SW.

"PM: I was just going to say that very thing! Well, what got you hooked on this Star Wars? Like were you always a fan?

LN: I was. But before that I was a fan of George Lucas. I thought American Graffiti was a fabulous film. You know, if I had a little wish list booklet with directors' names, George would definitely be in there. So when I heard he was going to come out of so-called director's retirement to direct a Star Wars, I wanted to investigate it more. I mean, I love Star Wars, especially the first one. But it was to get a chance to work with George Lucas that prompted me. George is kind of the ultimate master Jedi. He's someone who knows cameras inside out, has knowledge of filmmaking and storytelling and is actually quite profound. But it's never forced, you just know it's there. It's within him. So I totally, absolutely trusted him. And yes, he is a poet in the way Spielberg is, and some of those other directors. The camera is like a extra appendage to their bodies, you know? They can just paint with it."

doesnt sound bad either...

Ushgarak
He did once give an almost direct 'no' to an Episode III appearance; it is referenced in this forum somewhere but I cannot recall the link.

cylob49
Ok but he aint sayin he liked the finished product.
most of the tv stuff ive seen in the uk with Ewan and N Portman give the impression they are disappointed with how the prequels turned out and how tedious they were to make at times.

cylob49
its funny im as looking forward to seeing just how many of the rumours talked about on this site pan out as much as i am seeing the actual movie-
qui gon(doubtfull)
jocasta nu being the jedi traitor(ridiculous)
boba(def not)
obi stowing away(highly unlikley now)
that burnt anakin pic from way back(v possible)
mace and the window(dunno)

Snakebyte
>> boba(def not)

why its def?

"boba(def not)"

it was closed by lucas that he in fact WOULD be in ep. iii

cylob49
me and my big mouth

DirectorFitz
I think a good scene could be Obi-Wan disappointed in himself on Tatooine, kind of saying, why did I let Anakin slip through my fingers. And Qui-Gon talks to him.

Xam
boba and qui gon will be in episode 3!

cylob49
along with Captain James T Kirk,General Zod and Galen From The Planet Of The Apes.

jeez

Lord-Qel-Droma
I love this ! Qui-Gon explaining the retention of identity after death, the Jedi Spirit thing can finally be explained.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.