Piranha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slayer
I Saw this movie today and i thought it was great!

if u ever come accross it at the video store it's well worth your purchase.

Any one else seen it?

MornGlory
is it an old movie or new-- I love those scary/ horror movies

slayer
It was Realeased back in 1978 it's a true classic well worth your watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078087/? fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxzZz0xfHR0PW9ufHBuPTB8cT1waXJhbmhhfG1
4PTIwfGxtPTIwMHxodG1sPTE_;fc=1;ft=20;fm=1 is the IMDB URL would u like me 2 look for an official website or sumtin'?

eggmayo
That sounds okay, its all no-name actors and actresses, that makes the film IMO.

MornGlory
well someone told me April Fools Day would be well worth my watch - and it was boring.. well to me it was

I will give this movie a try if I can find it at Hollywood Video

Evil Dead
I own it.............good stuff. I watched it just the other day actually.

Jennifer_Tilly
I liked this movie I saw it a while back its cool!

slayer
Yea i might check out the sequel soon.

ED And Jenn good 2 see there are some other fans out theresmile

5knuckleShuffle
i loved this move. and i own a few piranahs

slayer
Coolsmile

Wouldn't wanna stick my hand in tht tank...

tabby999
saw it for sale today, they wanted $20. i bought Existenz instead

@F1
Theres also Piranah 2, The Flying Killers

First one was good, OOH me legs.

SlipknoT
$20? Where were you, Borders? At most places its $9.99

tabby999
no in Australia where DVDs are normally $20-$40 ....bastards

SlipknoT
$40 for a regular dvd?

tabby999
you want to buy The punisher, Dawn Of The Dead, El mariachi/desparado, Once apon a time in mexico, bacisally any normally released dvd in aus your looking at between $30 - $40 most of the time. i have to hunt alot for what i want

Morning_Glory
^^ but the USA dollar is worth more in australia - so $30AUD - is about $25USA smart

i rented this movie -i dont want to buy it- it was ok..

tabby999
true, but the difference is a bit one

SlipknoT
wow, in USA a new DVD is about $20, but an old film is about $10

Morning_Glory
if you buy the DVD the day it comes out it is only $14.99

good buy

tabby999
yeah. sometimes its cheaper to buy from america than in Aus which is really sad

@F1
A new DVD in United Kingdom would cost.
$34 USA
$43 CAN
$46 AUS

So I buy mine off the Net.

@F1
.EDIT

T.M
i saw this a while back its pretty cool i was surprised i thought it was gonna suck but it didn't big grin.

deathbycorn
Piranha Remake

POSTED Thursday, October 27, 2005

French film company Wild Bunch will remake Pirahna, reports Variety. The company has a script for the project, written by Eraser and The Scorpion King director Chuck Russell.

Wild Bunch handled international sales on George A. Romero's Land of the Dead, flogging worldwide rights to Universal, and it distributed the film theatrically in France.

Budgeted at E16 million-E20 million ($19.3 million-$24.1 million) and produced by Chiller Films, Piranha will shoot in the U.S. in March or April. The cast is not yet in place.

In the original 1978 film, a particularly nasty prehistoric strain of the flesh-eating fish is unleashed in Arizona's Lake Havasu just as college kids come to party there.

Source: ComingSoon

There was already a remake of this in 1995 with Alexandra Paul from Baywatch!

jayy
I watched them both. Not too bad. The remake wasn't near as good as the original. They never are. What's next, a remake of The Killer Bees?

wink

Impediment
Pfff..........the original Piranha was not that good to begin with. If there is a remake, I shant be watching it. Sorry.

deathbycorn
Piranha is a classic campy man meets killer animal movie, I love it big grin

jayy
YUP. big grin

steverules
I saw that movie about a year ago, and recently saw the sequel.

K.Diddy
beer I finally seen this last night,really enjoyed it,The effects were crap,but have to expect that from a 70's film

jabjabcross
Holy fish sticks! A new Piranha movie, Piranha 3D is on the horizon and it looks pretty sweet. I enjoyed the first one and it was well before my time. This one is in 3d, has current topics I can relate to, sweet actors, and all the 3d gore kids go for. I really hope that the fish pop out of the screen or something crazy happens in the format that I am not ready for. Alexandre Aja is super talented and I loved his work in the Hills have eyes, so I imagine this will be an evolution and it takes to the water this time. SWEET RADICAL AWESOMESS!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.