So, Philosophicus thinks he's a genius...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mind
To me, a genius is someone who opens up a hidden window onto the absurd universe, like Werner Reyneke, aka Philosophicus. I know his real name because I happened to stumble onto an interesting site called Useless-Knowledge.com where he his a columnist and read his article "What is Genius". I read all his other articles as well - simply the works of a rare philosophical genius! I myself have a masters degree in Philosophy and am busy working on my Phd. I have to admit that Philosophicus/Werner Reyneke is utterly original and revolutionary in his ideas. You're probably wondering how I got his real name, I mean everyone uses pseudonymns around here - well, I emailed him a compliment on his extraordinary articles on the website Useless-knowledge and he told me about this philosophy forum and also to read the posts under the name Philosophicus - am I a great sleuth or what!

Fire
What the hell??
This thread has no point.

lil bitchiness
Moving to OTF

finti
guess the name of the website sais it all

nitro-swicked
the point in this is??? whoa u found some bozo's name congratu-****in- lations

Jackie Malfoy
Or that guy in the wheelchair I forget his name now he is a genius!I like him in family guy btw!LOL!JM

42Bardock
Jackie you sometimes just amaze me.

Storm
Stephen W. Hawking?

42Bardock
I think everyone , except little Jackie knew that

Kosta
ROFL "guy in wheelchair" laughing out loud Awwww thats GOLD on a stick LOL

KharmaDog
I wonder if she ever thinks about what she's typing, or if she just blurts it out. It's like watching someone with Keyboard Tourettes Syndrome

brandino
i do it sometimes only when im tired and i should know better to get off when im tired less sounding like a jackass

Clovie
i have no idea sad

Syren
laughing No Kosta, THAT is gold big grin

nitro-swicked
laughing

Syren
But, to get to the point.... Philosophicus is a clever lad big grin But, am I missing something here?

BakaXero
all the worlds genuises are in mental asylums...
they think to much and evidently go crazy and end up there
and thats where im heading soon but for different reasons...
i wonder what food they serve.

Syren
*raises hand*

I'm not in an asylum schmoll

BakaXero
not yet...
but if you let your mind go into a crazy obsession to discover things beyond human knowledge you may well end up there
its best not to go to far into the beyond
because you cannot be sure if you can return

Syren
Oh, what a load of old tripe stick out tongue If you never take those steps into what you call 'the beyond', humanity itself will suffer. I'd be willing to sacrifice my sanity for the benefit of the human race happy

BakaXero
i dont think i have any sanity left...
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance big grin

Philosophicus
I really didn't ask to be a genius, and yes, it's true that half the world's geniuses end up in assylums. I profoundly fear that! I'm already taking medication for Clinical Depression, Manic Depression, Anxiety Disorder, ADHD (this one I was born with), Obsessive Complsive Disorder, Megalomania, etc. etc........I drink too much alcohol, I smoke cigarettes at the rate one is suppose to breath air, I'm addicted to Alprazolam (medically prescribed tranquiliser drug) and the rest of the time I write poems, philosophy and computer programs.

To the Beyond! I really want to reach the edge of meaning and sanity will just have to hold on. To the great f*cking beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syren
Yah, I have OCD, my brother had ADHD for years.... deal wink

Corran
I think this should be closed 'cos it's in danger of becoming a thread that bashes a member.

Syren
*bashes Corran's member* whistle fish

WindDancer
Creating a sock to bash yourself is indeed pathetic.

Closed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.