Best Horror Movie Of Last Year (2004)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
WHAT DO YOU THINK IS BEST HORROR MOVIE OF LAST YEAR (2004)

tabby999
aww crap, i clicked "other" because i didn't think Shaun of the Dead was on the list, then when i clicked "enter" i saw it. so my vote actually went to Shaun of the Dead

eggmayo
Dawn of The Dead remake.

Wolfie
I loved Saw.

White Noise is 2005 though.

Cinemaddiction
"Shaun", and "Ju-On" and "House of the dead" were both 2003, "White Noise" is 2005, and "Dark Water" has yet to be released.

tabby999
depends C-Dic, i'm in Australia, so for me it was the best 2004 release. if we're going on release in America, i'd say Saw was my fave horror release after Shaun

sorcerer4u
It's SAW

Zilverz
Saw was great... so was shaun ... but i personally enjoyed the Dawn of the Dead remake the best

Bob-Zombie
Dawn of the dead owns all horror movies, cept a few of classics like alien and the thing.

tabby999
Saw beats Dawn simply because Saw was original, Dawn didn't bring anything new

Zilverz
but zombies are my true love <3

Cinemaddiction
"Saw", if anything, was only original in presentation, and it even borrowed elements from both "Seven" and "Silence of the Lambs". The theme is nothing new. "Phonebooth" is a good example.

dean7879
Shaun of the dead was my fav..

Mane
Good example of what?

tabby999
i was going to ask that. i think he means Phonebooth was original i dont know...

Shaolin Monk
Unless by "Dark Water" he means "Honogurai mizu no soko kara", the japanese film released in 2002...either way, he's off cause not a 2004 film

papabeard
Worldwide release dates are causing a problem, Dark Water japanese version wasnt released here on vid until 2004, but since it was made in 2002 i shouldnt have included it. To be honest once i started the poll a couldnt htink of any decent horror movies from last year other than DAWN,SHAUN and SAW, hahaha

tabby999
i'm still waiting for c-dic to clear up the phonebooth thing

papabeard
i THINK HE MEANS IT IS AN ORIGINAL CONCEPT, BUT THIS IS A BAD EXAMPLE ,IT IS NOT ORIGINAL AS THERE IS A FILM CALLED "DESTINY STANDS STILL" WHICH IS VERY SIMILAR, WITH A WOMAN HADCUFFED IN ONE PLACE IN A PARK AND SHE CANT MOVE AND AN UNKNOWN ASSASIN IS WATCHING HER, SPEAKING TO HER ON HER MOBILE THREATENING TO KILL FOR UNKNOWN REASONS, IN FACT THIS IS THE EXACT SAME CONCEPT AND STORYLINE AS PHONEBOOTH AND WAS RELEASED AND MADE BEFORE PHONEBOOTH

eggmayo
would you not type in capitals, it gives me a headache

papabeard
SORRY, ALSO DESTINY STANDS STILL STARS wESLEY SNIPES AND THE WOMAN FROM dogma WITH THE BROWN HAIR. CANT REMEMBER HER NAME, MAYBE LINDA FIORENTENIO

eggmayo
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280870/? fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj0
wfHE9bGliZXJ0eSBzdGFuZHMgc3RpbGx8aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;
fc=1;ft=1

42Bardock
Destiny - Liberty same ****ing thing

Its same year though

Mane
As far as last year goes, I did so enjoy Shaun of the Dead.

Lord_Andres
Mane, he ment that its basicly like Phonebooth, you know a guy that wants people to appriciate life more then they are doing, and so he turments them in ways, ring a bell???????????

Zilverz
I think Cine ment the core plot was the same. A killer, that selects someone that just isnt quite so righteous and trys to teaches them a lesson so they appeciate life more.

SlipknoT
Dawn of the Dead

papabeard
sorry my bad didnt read all the posts, Yeah I meant "liberty stands still"

tabby999
i'll have to look into the movie i loved phonebooth

MildPossession
Some other horror that was released last year:

A Tale of Two Sisters(well 2003, but here 2004)
Haute Tension/SwitchBlade Romance
The Last Horror Movie
Exorcist: The Beginning
The Card Player
Three... Extremes
The Hill Side Stranglar

Wolfie
Well, I find Saw original because Jigsaw is a killer that doesn't even kill his victims. They kill themselves.

Cinemaddiction
Not hardly. "Liberty Stands Still", aside from being released in 2002, being an absolutely dreadful movie, was about revenge, not appreciation.

"Phonebooth" is a good example of the same premise used in "Saw". Someone punishing someone else for their greed. Keifer Sutherland made Colin Farrell appreciate life as Jigsaw did for Cary Elwes and that other assclown.

Jennifer Connely's "Dark Water" is what I assumed was in question. blink

Plenthorpe
My vote is for THE LAST HORROR MOVIE.

This film is a real 'killer'...and I mean REAL! eek!

papabeard
Liberty Stands still was tv last night on channel 5, unbelievable!

eggmayo
In sort of the same vein, isn't se7en a good example?

Jason420
i voted for my new favorite horror movie.......Saw!

great story, original, and great twist
and you didnt know whether to hate the "Killer" or love him cause he tryed to help people

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.