Revenge of the Sith, question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi_Green
Why exactly are they getting revenge?
Not like they've been oppressed by the jedi or republic.

Jedi_Green
Seven views and no answer?
Does anyone know?

your momz
no
EDIT: DARTH MAUL!!!!!!!!

Jedi_Green
hmmmm, darth maul eh?
i guess so.
But will one provoked death result in war?

oh wait nevermind : world war 1

whitewookie
wow, you heard about that all the way out in Australia? i would of thought you'd just bury yourselves like ostriches and wait it out! Hate to be the one to tell you but its been over a while blink

Jedi_Green
ostriches = africa mate
emus are in australia :P

guiro72
the sith were supposedly wiped out by the jedi a couple milion years before the first film.....

Ushgarak
As Maul and Sidious clearly discussed in TPM, the Sith have been after Revenge for quite some time, since their defeat at the end of the original Sith Wars.

42Bardock

whitewookie
actually if you look back to all the EU coverage "KOTOR 1&2" it works the other way round, the sith kinda wipe out the jedi! And when it comes down to the sith being in such small numbers, it was one of the older sith lords who enforced the "the rule of two" kinda like the "rule of thumb" but says theres at one point only two can exists "no more, no less"! But then thats all EU stuff which doesn't count if you look at it from a certain point of view!

Im just guessing there generally just moody. Maybe the sith kicked there ball over the jedis fence and they didn't return it *shrugs*

zavin
most people know that star wars is not only the 6 movies, star wars has an expanded universe, books like tales of the jedi, jedi vs sith, read the books people!

whitewookie
something about a "mind bomb" if i recall?

Ushgarak
Ignore all EU related stuff; it is not pertinent when trying to discover facts about this issue.

The Jedi DID defeat the Sith in the wars, and that is official.

Jedi_Green
Zavin not all those books go along with the story of the movies, which is the main thing.

You ever read the x-wing series? Nothin to do with star wars stories.

whitewookie
yes it is, just nothing to do with the jedi stories, there still based in the starwars universe!

guiro72
i also heard the rule of two was so the sith would stop wiping themselves out, but that's just confusing the matter further....jedi wiped 'em out, it's in the film.....

whitewookie
although in one , one guy turns out to be the son of a jedi so *shrugs* guess they couldn't resist adding a twist to a decent unforce related plot!

Ushgarak
The Sith slowly adopted the Rule of Two because they had so much trouble with fighting themselves, which obviously contributed towards their defeat by the Jedi.

Jedi_Green
hows that confusing?
If you have one master training an apprentice, so noone will get power hungry, where is the problem?

guiro72
yeah i know, but the original question was their reason for seeking revenge....

.:Space Opera:.
"As Maul and Sidious clearly discussed in TPM, the Sith have been after Revenge for quite some time, since their defeat at the end of the original Sith Wars."

....this was thousands of years before the PT.

darthmaul1
ummm... the EU is not a factor in the movies, Lucas does not pay attention to what other people write, he does his own thing,
The Sith are getting their revenge for being whiped out a thousand years ago. plain and simple

"ummm... the EU is not a factor in the movies, Lucas does not pay attention to what other people write, he does his own thing,
The Sith are getting their revenge for being whiped out a thousand years ago. plain and simple"

ummmm its on the SW offical site. read about the sith./

bill9d9
It is not a good idea to assume that because something was in a book with "STAR WARS" on it that it is indeed tied into the movies or is GL's Star Wars. Remember, people pay GL for the rights to write a story under the Star Wars logo. These people write the books as they see fit, and a lot of times GL does not have any input in the book.

yes that is called EU! EXPANDED UNIVERSE and it isnt cannon.

bill9d9
Thanks. As you can see, I am rather new to this forum.

*in gods voice

"DONNOT WORRY YOUNGLING !I SHALL GUIDE YOU IN YOUR PATH THROUGH INFANCY!"

guiro72
are you saying that because it happened thousands of years ago, that they couldn't still be seeking revenge for it?.....cause i thought that was the point....the years of patient planning and preparation....

Ushgarak
""As Maul and Sidious clearly discussed in TPM, the Sith have been after Revenge for quite some time, since their defeat at the end of the original Sith Wars."

....this was thousands of years before the PT."

So what? That changes nothing of what I have said.

BTW, as Mundi clearly says in TPM, *A* millenium, not several.

one thousand wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.