What would have happened if Lucas didn't secure the rights from Fox?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
Any ideas? Would it have been better if Fox had held onto the rights?

.:Space Opera:.
no cause then there'd be no star wars cause it wouldve sucked. they would of chopped it for what its worth.

OB1-adobe
I will give you some examples of what would happen:

Alien 3
Alien 4
AVP
Terminator 3
Robocop 3
American Pie 4
Superman 3
Superman 4
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Star Wars Holiday special
Ewoks caravan of courage

OB1-adobe
I just Got the Alien Quadrilogy. I like 3 & 4, Just as I like terminator 3, But watch the bonus discs for Alien 3 & 4, and watch the featuretts about the pre-production. Basically, they almost come out and say they were mistakes. Flat-out. They also start referring it as a franchise, and not a movie or story, and at that point is when you start makeing a movie just for the sake of making one. Which in some cases is okay, they can make as many Austin powers as they want because the whole movie is about gags, but once you start cloning characters it can make you want to puke almost. The story and the characters will lose their meaning. When you have a death in a story it is significant because you lost that character, but when they start bringing them back from cloning, or "that was my twin brother" unless it has some validity, that is when the audience goes sour.

OB1-adobe
Oh yeah I forgot:

Jurassic Park 2
Jurassic park 3
Jaws 2
Jaws 3
Jaws 4
Jaws 5
Jaws 6
Jaws infinity

atheist
They wouldnt be any worse the crappy prequals that we have now.

King Burger
Whatever they would've done, I doubt they would have
ever whored Star Wars like Lucas has been doing,
or kept screwing the fans over and over again for every
last dollar they have, like that bearded bastard keeps
doing with every new re-release.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.