Wiccanism as a religion [Merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RavenNightstar
Brightest blessings everyone,

I know there are many Christians & Catholics who do not consider Wiccanism a religion, but I would like to ask you all how that could be? I am not starting a fight, or a heating discussion, I'm just curious!

Blessed be,

frodo34x
What is Wiccanism?

RavenNightstar
Wiccanism is an Earth-based religion. We believe in Mother Earth, the Goddess & the Horned God, the quarters of the earth, and complete balance between good & evil.

Ever see "Practical Magic"? In most senses, that's Wiccanism!

42Bardock
Ah yes, who says its not a religion?

MC John 117
Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doooo......
I thought modern people referred to it as "Witchcraft".....

Storm
Wicca and witchcraft are not the same thing. Fundamentally, Wicca is a modern-day religion based on pre-Christian religious practices. Wicca was founded by Gerald Gardner back in the early '50s.

MC John 117
"Witchcraft" and "Wicca" are related:
A long time ago, when Christians BURNED supposed "Witches" on their crosses, they BURNED ancient Wiccans. (Somewhere along the line, the words "Witch" and "Witchcraft" came along). "Wiccanism", or "Witchcraft", was based on several Anglo-Saxon and other Germanic "religions", (in origin, of course). Christians, (and more predominantly Roman-Catholics), feared this other "religion" because they did not understand it, and because these people didn't pray to their "God", Jehovah (Yaweh of the Hebrew faith). Hmm, half the people they burned at the cross weren't even "Wiccans", but were people with various mental diseases, and oddities of the body.

MC John 117
BAM.

frodo34x
Here is something about the Horned one.

MC John 117
Your sig scares me....stick out tongue

mr.smiley
i consider it a religon.
its one of my favirotes cause the roots of it are so old but its new age at the same time

finti
why do you separate the catholics from christians??

RavenNightstar
Wow, you guys do know alot about this! Most people just stare at me blankly!

McJohn - You're right, they are very related, and although we do use the term "Witch" to name ourselves, "Witchcraft" itself is hardly used within our circles.

The reason why I separated Christians & Catholics is because (or at least what my mother tells me) there are differences. Just like Wicca is a branch of Paganism, Catholics are a branch of Christians. It just brings out the small differences in them!

Storm
The words "wicca", "wicce" and "witch" all have the same basic origins. But, through the ages, these words developed different meanings and now, signify different paths.
Wicca is a religion whereas Witchcraft is a practice. Not all Witches are Wiccan, nor are all Wiccans Witches.

finti
well since it is a branch of christianity I guess they are ehhhhhh christians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no need to seperate catholics from christians, by saying christians you cover the lot of the followers of jesus christ.
Usually christianity is divided int to three groups.
I Catholics
II Orthodox/Eastern christians
III Protestants
Protestants have numerous sub branches
now there are bunches of denominations that aint a part of group I&II that themselves wont be grouped with the protestants, those are the likes of jehovas witnesses, latter day saints, menonites and some other denomination who think they sits with all the answers.

Cinemaddiction
...what's a Wiccan's take on evolution?

42Bardock
but finti, the catholics are the real people that followed Jesus the others are just some rebels who want an easy way to god, won't gwet it though.

Anyway wicca is no more or less a religion than Christianity, not that I would be proud of being called a religion but oh well.

finti
roll eyes (sarcastic)

42Bardock
what?

finti
like yeah right pfffffft

42Bardock
Ah I see, you are right

RavenNightstar
Ok, I'm sorry I brought any of this up!

As for the Evolution part, our take is that everything happens for a reason, and that everything is just Nature's way of balancing everything out!

Telperaca
< wiccan

42Bardock
< wicked coooooooool

Cinemaddiction
How about the origins of life, in general?

Telperaca
Like from the Goddess.

Fiery Eyes
ok The sites below would be why Christians would be against Wica. I went to google and put in Wicca, and this is what I found.

http://www.wicca.com/
http://www.wicca.org/
http://www.witchway.net/

finti
chrisitans are against any other form of mythology

42Bardock
Christians are agains a lot of thinks, not all I know a few quite nice individuums, very smart too, but there religion makes them ignorant, if they take it too extreme at least.

RavenNightstar
I take offence to the word "Mythology". How is our religion, which is thousands of years older than Christianity, be called a "Mythology", while yours can be classified as a religion. You're special symbol, the lovely cross that your saviour was crucified on, was stolen from the Pagans.

I don't think it's right to have such a closed mind about it. I am Wicca, yet I do not condone the other religions. I live by the phrase;

"It doesn't matter what you have faith in, as long as you have faith!"

RavenNightstar
Cinemmadiction - By the origins of life, if you mean how we came to be, there are many different outlooks on this. Some believe that, just like the scientists, that we evolved through the years, from apes to human. Others believe that in some senses, we have always been here, and replenish the Earth through reincarnation. Myself, I have not truly looked towards that as yet, for I am content on just being, and not needing to know every detail!

Cinemaddiction
You know, that's probably the smartest rebuttal to that question I have ever heard. I sincerely thank you for that.

MC John 117
Well said.

Goldensky
i found that all your knowledge is very good about witchcraft wicca or what ever . I find it really intresting because i believe the casting of spells and other things related are a complete waste of time.. A few chosen words a burning of this candle and your biding will be done sounds like a lazy mans way everything that is done to benifit requires lots of hard work and dedication, wichcraft is very little work for big results. if life was that easy were would the challange lie

42Bardock
Don'T take any offense in finti or me calling your "religion" mythology, since we are both atheists and therefore consider christianity mythology too.

Jackie Malfoy
My sister is one and yea I do consider it being a belief but I am not sure if someone should call it a religion.It sounds little bit like a cult to me then a religion but I could be wrong.JM

finti
well it include deities and thus a mythology just as chrisitianity is a mythology

RavenNightstar
Cinemaddiction - Well thank you! I appreciate that!

Goldensky - How very true! It would never be a challenge!

Jackie -Actually, you know what, I somewhat agree to an extent. Yes, it is classified as a religion, but if you've seen "Dogma", you'll understand what I mean that I take it as a "Good Idea".

Funny, "Dogma" is about being Catholic, but so much is said in that movie that fits for all religions. Rufus said it best - "I think it's just better to have an idea. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is harder."

frodo34x
The thing is, from a Christian point of view, Christianity has technically been around since the beggining of time. But I get what you mean.

42Bardock
even from a christian point of view it was only there for 2000 years so...
Its still a mythology, as is Christianity, Hinduism, Islam and everythinjg else that calls itself a religion or wants to be called that.

frodo34x
2000 years? No, because Christianity includes the Old Testament, which goes back to the world being created.

Fiery Eyes
Wicca is just another name for witchcraft

RavenNightstar
Fiery Eyes - As was said before, yes, in some sense, Wicca is another name for Witchcraft, but as someone truthfully said before, not all Wiccans are Witches, and not all Witches are Wiccan. I happen to be a so-called "Witch", and I am Wicca, but take my cousin. A Wicca, but not a Witch!

finti
so what kind of broomstick do you have

RavenNightstar
Haha, very funny! I own a $5 plastic broom I bought at Sears! Nice flying equipment, eh? I do own a black cat named Nightmare, though!

42Bardock
Yeah well than I start an religion now and include the egypt scriptures, oh boy my religion just became 4000 years old.
**** that Christianity is 2000 years, actually less.

Fiery Eyes
either way you still study witchcraft, both of you, right? So, you are still studying witchcraft. I'm sure theres different levels to wicca, not everyone is suppose to be a witch are they?

finti
no some just change the B and W big grin

Imperial_Samura
The word Witch carries such negative connotations. I have always considered wicca a type of religion, can't say it appeals, and I know of the whole historical link to witchcraft, but it is wrong, in a way, to stereotype wiccans as "witches", granted, some most certainly are, but not all, well, at least not in the way that one usually believes in witches.

Fiery Eyes
hahaha finti

Samura: is that not what they study though, witchcraft? Agreed, not everyone that studies it would be a witch, just like in Christainity, not everyone is a priest, pastor, teacher.... but they do study witchcraft, so what what that make a persont hat studied witchcraft, that not only studdied it, but also performed spells and believed in all of it, like thats there faith?

MC John 117

finti
who said christianity aint evil

MC John 117
I never said that.

finti
I said who not you

MC John 117
wacko

RavenNightstar
True, granted, we are not exactly thrilled with the term "Witch", but we have learned to accept it with our own description. People say Witch, and you automatically think Wizard-of-Oz-Wicked-Witch-of-the-West kind of thing.
The term Witch usually comes with magic spells & puffs of smoke and so on. I, for one, do not do spells, for true magic has nothing to do with them. I conduct Rituals & do concoctions and things of that sort, but you will never find me over a cauldron (I do use one, but not like this) chanting "Bubble, bubble, toil & trouble". *laugh* Man, if only we were, we would still be burned at the stake.

Costa
Ok guys...i've been reading this all along, and this whole thing is turning into a religion fight! RavenNightstar only wanted to start a respectable conversation on Wicca, or witchcraft, or whatver you guys wanna call it. I believe in witchcraft(or wicca), and i also believe in God. I am Orthodox (which falls into the category of Christianity), and i still believe in magic, even though my religion says not to. I agree, some religions (including mine) are cruel and have stupid rules, but people these days wanna believe in what they want! I just wanted to say all this because this convorsation became into a religious feud!

clickclick
roll eyes (sarcastic)

RavenNightstar
*Smile* Thanks Costa, I appreciate that!

Costa
No problem...

Fiery Eyes
Originally posted by Costa
Ok guys...i've been reading this all along, and this whole thing is turning into a religion fight! RavenNightstar only wanted to start a respectable conversation on Wicca, or witchcraft, or whatver you guys wanna call it. I believe in witchcraft(or wicca), and i also believe in God. I am Orthodox (which falls into the category of Christianity), and i still believe in magic, even though my religion says not to. I agree, some religions (including mine) are cruel and have stupid rules, but people these days wanna believe in what they want! I just wanted to say all this because this convorsation became into a religious feud!

<<---don't want to fight, but do like to debate.
I think that if you believe in God, you would have to believe in witches, magic, the darker power, Satan, cuz thats where the power comes from. Just cuz someone believes that pwer exist, doesn't meant they practice it. There are a ton of peeps that believe in God, but are not christians. Like my religion, you are NOT to practice stuff like that, but we are not stupid to the fact that it does exits.

ARC Trooper 117
Fiery Eyes scares me....
scared

Costa
Fiery Eyes...I'm not sure if you're trying to use my words against me, or if you are with me but you are right....everything you said is what i said...almost exactly...

Fiery Eyes
No, Costa just stating my opinion. I don't know what your religion is, but mine is not cruel, so I don't think we were saying the same thing, but maybe close.

ARC_tropper, and why is that? smile

MildPossession
From all the years I have been reading and talking to people about Wicca, I have never heard it called Wiccanism.

Fiery Eyes
me either, but...what do you know about wicca?

ARC Trooper 117
Just a joke.stick out tongue
Finti's the one who REALLY scares me. scared

Costa
My religion isnt cruel....all i know is that EVERY religion has a default! Including mine, and yours!

finti
good evil face

ARC Trooper 117
evil face

Fiery Eyes
meaning what? give me an example of what you are talking about, plz?

Fiery Eyes
<<<<<<<<<<----------------THINKS Arc Trooper is a nut lol

ARC Trooper 117
evil face
No, I am-
*Get's cut off as ninja karate-chops ARC Trooper 117 to head*
ninja
shuriken

RavenNightstar
Granted, I'll give you that one! Not many of us use it, since we do use the term Paganism more than anything else, which is the proper term. Wiccanism is just something easier to use sometimes.

Many people call me a Witch (which I hate, since I know what kind of witch they are talking about), but I do use the term on myself!

HERE'S A CLUE TO BRING OUT THE FAKES!

There are no good/white witches, or bad/black witches. A true witch is both! You know that line in the movie, "The Craft"?

True magic is neither black nor white. It's both because nature is both, loving and cruel, all at the same time. The only good or bad is in the heart of the witch. Life gives a balance of it's own.

Now that, is the honest truth!

Costa
Ok...nvermind...i'm trying to start a fight. Let's just all be friends...

MildPossession
"Granted, I'll give you that one! Not many of us use it, since we do use the term Paganism more than anything else, which is the proper term. Wiccanism is just something easier to use sometimes."

Lol, cheers, thanks for clearing that up.

Bardock42
I think Finti scares everyone, he's a viking.
If you don't belive in Wiccanism or Wicca or Whitchcraft I still don't see the point why you can't grant them to be a religion?
And Fiery Eyes i don't know to what religion you refer to as being violent and what your religion is maybe yoiu can say that again.

ARC Trooper 117
No offense to anyone, (especially Fiery Eyes), but I believe Christianity as a whole to be the most violent religion, 9including various Catholic sects, etc.).
I mean, who burns people on crosses, man?

Bardock42
Well actually thats what I wanted to say just when he would havbe said that he ia a christian

finti
Fiery Eyes is a she

ARC Trooper 117
laughing

Bardock42
well I think writing he/she is worthless, so I just consider all men created equal yes

ARC Trooper 117
Pfft.
You're not equal to someone such as finti....stick out tongue

Lol, I kid....I kid....

RavenNightstar
*shivers* Man, to remember how many times I dreamt about being burnt at the stake! Yikes, that kept me up for a while! It's my most feared death, being burnt alive! My second is being buried alive!

RavenNightstar
I don't blame Catholics of now-a-days for what they did in the past! "Honest Christians", as they liked to call them at that time, were all power-hungry, and thought they could point the finger at whomever they wanted to have them killed. The worst part is that most of the women who were killed were not even Witches!

ARC Trooper 117
I had a "Pagan" religion.
Damn Christian kids would chase me down the street.... mad
But I don't hold that against them. stick out tongue

Though sometimes.... evil face shifty

And I was just pointing out how many Christians, (though not all), call other religions "Evil" and "Ungodly", after all the atrocities they've caused. wink
Oh, and I HATE IT how Christians have used the defense of "killing in the name of God", and because "God commanded us to!"-bull$hit! They deserve to burn in hell with the rest of us. smokin'

RavenNightstar
Easy there, big boy, you might get an attack! wink

Yeah, I used to be called names, people said I sacrificed animals & people, man, they even thought I killed my own cat! (RIP Shadow! You were great! She actually got run over in the street)

Fiery Eyes
Just because some have KILLED in the name of God,(using his Name) doesn't mean ALL christains are like that.
Just cuz 1 white person kills, shld you hate all white people? One black, robs, shld you hate all black....?
NOOOOOOO you shldn't and you can't blame ALL christains for what some have done.

thxx Finti for clearing up that I am female LOL

RavenNightstar
Oh, I don't think all Christians are bad! As I said at the beginning of this thread, I was born Catholic, and my entire family is Catholic! All I'm saying is that some of the Catholics I have come in contact with through my life have been completely unknowledged on Paganism, and just shot their mouths off!

Every religion has it's good points & it's bad points!
One of the good points to Christianity is that it's message, and background, bring many people joy & peace.
One of the bad points is that they think that they are superior to everyone else, and don't even try to learn about the others!

finti
very true, but the main point is that a lot of killings was approved by the vatican and that is a historical thing the churches cant run away from. Protestant nation wasnt any better, just look at how some of their hence men have forced their religion upon so called "pagan" and "rudimentary" cultures

RavenNightstar
wink Great point, finti! Everyone does have to face up to their historical path! The Catholic church did put alot of innocent people to death, in the name of their Lord! Granted, their are far worst religions than Christianity! Hey, somethings about the Wicca background, I'm not so proud of either!

Costa
lol...sry..i did a mistake...I DONT want to start a fight...lol

ARC Trooper 117
Exactly finti, that's my point....kind of...stick out tongue

Oh, and RavenNightstar, what religions are "worse" than Christianity? Referring to Islam? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fiery Eyes
Agreed! I'm not saying you shldn't face up to what has happened and still happens in the "name of God", what i'm saying is you can't blame all christains, which you have already agreed. Yeehawwwww we agree lol

ARC Trooper 117
stick out tongue
I'm sorry Fiery Eyes.
*Puts hand out*
Friends?

Fiery Eyes
<<<Friends w/everyone, even when we disagree.

finti
to my knowledge, none

ARC Trooper 117
Exactly.

RavenNightstar
Ok, so maybe I spoke too quickly!

Costa
Yay...all friends!!!

RavenNightstar
Happy Dance

Fiery Eyes
this is something I don't understand at all. Just because someone says, they are a christain, then they kill in the name of God, doesn't mean they are a Christain. The bible does not tell people to go and kill someone. My point is, people saying they are doing it in the name of God, is in WORDS only, means nothing. That is not what God and Jesus are about. So, all of you saying Christainity is the cruelest religion, doesn't make since to me.

finti
The history of teh christian religion is that in the past it was forced upon other cultures, it was not missonary work that was used to convert people it was brut force, thjat is what makes christianity cruel, they cant run away from the historical part of how it expanded

RavenNightstar
Look, as I said before, I don't hate the Christians for what they did hundreds of years ago!

But they did come to our towns, and they did burn our villages & people, and they STOLE OUR CROSS! That's right, your precious cross used to be our symbol of faith! But, you guys can have it, I actually prefer the pentacle!

But the Christians did destroy our ways and forced their own upon us! To speak the word PAGAN could mean death in certain places.

So yes, you may be a good people now, but to look people in the eye and say that you were all righteous back then, it's a painful, wicked lie!

Harryslover14
I am a wiccan and i am jewish it makes more sense to me than any other religion

moviejunkie23
"But they did come to our towns, and they did burn our villages & people, and they STOLE OUR CROSS! That's right, your precious cross used to be our symbol of faith! But, you guys can have it, I actually prefer the pentacle!"

so did jesus say when he was to be killed, hey guys can you make it a cross i want my followers in the future to use a cross for their faith so they can steal it from another religeon? christians use crosses because jesus was killed on one, how is that stolen?

RavenNightstar
wink Glad to have a wizard on board!

RavenNightstar
I didn't say Jesus stole our Cross! Christinity came before Christ was crucified! The CATHOLICS took the cross, as they believed it symbolized their faith better than ours!

Costa
same with me....i'm orthodox(in christian category) but i dont cast non-christians out! Heck, i believe in magick...i evebn practice it...that doenst mean i hate God, or whatever, i believe in them both...

and it's not a bad thing...

moviejunkie23
well the cross is something that jesus was crucified on and to them was the ultimate sacrafice so their sins could be forgiven, you don't think its appropriate that christians use crosses??

ARC Trooper 117
No. no

finti
still was a symbol used by other religion now identified as a christian symbol

RavenNightstar
Exactly!

That's like saying if you have a necklace, and the dress I'm wearing looks better with that necklace than yours, well then it automatically belongs to me!

occultus
I'll let Taylor's words speak for me:

A Christian Speaks of Wicca and Witchcraft
by James Clement Taylor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a Christian and not a Wiccan. A Christian is one who has been baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and who has made a personal, free-will decision to commit himself and all his or her life to our Lord and God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Both of these things are true of me. I am a member of St. Mary's Eastern Orthodox Church, Calhan, Colorado. In this paper, I am not speaking as agent for any church, but I am, entirely on my own responsibility, speaking the truth in love, as we Christians are supposed to do.

A Situation of Strife and Shame:

There are many Christians today who believe that anyone who is not a Christian is doomed to an eternity of suffering in hell. Any decent person, believing this, would be compelled to try to save as many people from this fate as possible. But is this belief correct? Jesus Christ, having noted the faith and righteousness of a Roman centurion, a Pagan, proclaimed:

"Assuredly I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:10-12)

If we accept these words as true, and surely we should, then it is clear that heaven will contain many who are not Christians, and hell will contain many who are! Clearly, throughout the Gospels, Jesus Christ sets forth the criteria for entrance into the kingdom of heaven, and those criteria include love, kindness, forgiveness, and a refusal to judge others:

"For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." (Matthew 6:14-15)

"For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the same measure you use, it will be measured back to you." (Matthew 7:2)

"But go and learn what this means: `I desire mercy and not sacrifice.'" (Matthew 9:13)

"Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." (Luke 6:36-38)

Is it not clear? Anyone who fails in these things, will calling himself a Christian save him? Anyone who obeys God in these things, will being unbaptized condemn him? Jesus said, "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." (Matthew 7:21)

Yet it is not by good works that we earn our way into heaven, because there is no way we can earn the free gift of God's mercy and grace, which alone can save us. But it is clear that it is not by faith, in the sense of sharing the Christian faith, that we are saved, either. The faith which saves us is not faith in the goodness of our works, nor faith that we have the right theology and/or belong to the right church. Rather, it is faith in God, and in His mercy:

"So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who has mercy." (Romans 9:16)

But the Wiccans, you will say, do not have faith in God. Yet by their own theology, they certainly do. Those who call them Satan-worshippers are entirely wrong. They do not worship Satan, or even believe that Satan exists. Instead, they worship a Goddess and a God whom they understand as manifestations of a higher and unknown Deity.

Now if you are a Christian, this will sound familiar to you, and it should. In the Bible we find the following:

"Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, `Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious; for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Therefore, The One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you" (Acts 17:22-23)

The Wiccans worship the Unknown God, as manifested to them in the form of a Goddess and a God. Therefore, our Bible tells us they worship the same God we do; and if they do not know this, we should know it!

For those of us who are unable to simply stand on God's Word, and must prove to themselves the truth of what it proclaims the holy Apostle John has given us the method for doing this. You have only to attend any public Wiccan ceremony, and test the spirits which are there, to see "whether they are of God" (1 John 4:1). You will find that, while the power manifested there may be less than what you have experienced as a Christian, that power is clearly the power of God.

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, these people of Wicca have been terribly slandered by us. They have lost jobs, and homes, and places of business because we have assured others that they worship Satan, which they do not. We have persecuted them, and God will hold us accountable for this, you may be sure, for He has said, "Assuredly I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me." (Matthew 25:40)

Let us, from this point onward, repent of our misdeeds and declare that henceforth we shall obey Christ our God, and not judge others or condemn them, so that He will not have to judge and condemn us for our sins.

~~~

So, go ahead and give me the usual fire and brimstone routine, I don't buy it, nor should anyone else.

FeceMan
Wow. An '05er who doesn't suck.

*Applauds.*

Not really sure what to say about this.

Either way, witchcraft is expressly forbidden in the Bible. Practicing it is evil, just as is sexual immorality and the like.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by FeceMan
Wow. An '05er who doesn't suck.

*Applauds.*

Not really sure what to say about this.

Either way, witchcraft is expressly forbidden in the Bible. Practicing it is evil, just as is sexual immorality and the like.

Why do we think we know so much about evil?

finti
why dont you buy it and why should others think like you?

debbiejo
Interesting read.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why do we think we know so much about evil?
If we're going by the Bible's moral standards--and we are, at least in this post--then witchcraft is evil. It is repeatedly mentioned in the Bible, along with a number of things (they are usually in a list of "turn away from idolatry, witchcraft, the magical arts, orgies, etc."wink.

debbiejo
^ and rebellion too..Many parents use that one on their kids...."The spirit of witchcraft."

DreamingWarrior
hmm... sorcery and witchcraft, not so good. been very deep in the occult, blood magics and all, before i changed. I can tell ya that the freaky stuff I have done and seen lets me know that it is a poor idea.

Now, are wiccans themselves evil? well, imo no. their practices are, but the person is a person. I have many friends, and have been deeply inlove with those who follow magic. Some folks, like me, can get screwed up royally in satanic worship and all from those simple beginnings, and some life my friend Syvia just become decent folks who care about people.

JaehSkywalker
sorry i didn't read the whole post... but WHAT THE HECK IS WICCA????

debbiejo
Wicca is a religion that is mostly based on nature type worship...referred also as witches....mainly pagan stuff...maybe you should search it out.

JaehSkywalker
ok... sure..... maybe next time....

soleran30
Wow well said and in the end who knows cuz its all speeled out before the "creator."

Atlantis001

debbiejo
Though I believe there are negatives and positives, if one is seeking something negative..it could attract more negatives into a persons life...It's what I've referred to as "The law of attraction"...you attract what you dwell on....Just as negative people always seem to be in negative situations all the time...They start to feel the world is after them, making them miserable.......Though no Satan.... That is mainly derived from myth.

Wicca as far as I know are peaceful type people, though, anyone can attract the negatives forces to them.

The Law of Attraction teaches us that everything vibrates and every vibration affects all other vibrations. I like the way Abraham-Hicks put it: "Everything vibrates and is communicating, reacting, responding and integrating with other vibrating things."

Time only exists here on earth for us humans. Quantum physics teaches that although everything; every event, every experience, every possibility exists at the same time--in the NOW--man has invented time: the past, the present and the future, to bring some sort of order into these experiences. Religions call this Eternity--the place where time has no beginning and no end.

JaehSkywalker
well come to think of it, i do think its bad.....

JaehSkywalker
well come to think of it, i do think its bad..... i respect opinions.... this is just mine....

debbiejo
You admitted you didn't read the whole post or even know what Wicca, You stated "What is Wicca?"..Yet you think it is bad??......

xmarksthespot
Wicca is awful. The Pope is right to use his valuable time condemning Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling is a she-devil and if you watch shows like Charmed and Buffy you'll go to hell. Watching the Bewitched movie is worse, because from the moment the movie starts you're already in hell.

debbiejo
laughing out loud ..I honestly know people who feel pretty close to that.^^
Wont watch the Wizzard of Oz, cause there's a witch in there tooooooo. and even though the good witch Glenda...well...a witch is a witch..

xmarksthespot
I never liked Glenda... she seemed like such a fake.

debbiejo
Well, you probably just didn't like her voice...She travelled in a cool bubble though...

xmarksthespot
She did have classy transportation.

debbiejo
See..some witches are kinda cool.....Wouldn't mind having a bubble...

Though real wiccans are kind of fascinating when you read about them...Seems to me it's just old pagan/nature worship that has to do with using forces around them...and herbs...Hmmmm???? Did they know about some quantum physics stuff?...Hmmm..I do know many were persecuted in the past because of their knowledge of herbs. Because of that, they were thought to be using the devils power..cause some herbs/plants/roots do heal....So it was like magic...

Atlantis001

debbiejo
They have always been associated with satanic worship, which is not true either...

finti

debbiejo
It's too early for a drink isn't it????? blink confused

finti
Not in Australia

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by debbiejo
It's too early for a drink isn't it????? blink confused Too early for drinking? Now that's blasphemy. Look what I found lying around.
http://images.saleshound.com/broadreach/dyn_li/200.0.75.0/Retailers/CVS/050127_59n118_jose.jpg
http://www.bkmarcus.com/blog/images/salt_shaker.jpg
http://www.amazingproduce.com/Admin/photos/large/VPL102-YE.jpg
Let's do shots.

debbiejo
OK...But it's 6 in the morning here....Gonna be a looooog day.... cool

finti
ba da da da da da da da
ba da da da da da da....Tequila

debbiejo
Tequila is to kill ya...ouch....At least there are no little worms in to drink...Never could do the worms.

xmarksthespot
http://www.tasteline.com/document/files/tl_tequila_sunrise_222.jpg
Here debbie a nice tequila sunrise for you.

debbiejo
I got sick on one of those once......wasn't a pretty site...But thanks...OK..I always liked to eat the fruit...

It's not even sunrise here...OH, so thoughtful.

xmarksthespot
Do Michigan gals have low alcohol tolerance? big grin

debbiejo
Depends how many you have....then you get sick....wonder why you're puking up those colors....then, you remember OH...Yeah....the red color...Isn't that grenadine?...I'm not really bleading from the inside...
'

xmarksthespot
laughing out loud

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>